|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Henny before her flight back to the island?
2. Why do Norman and Henny dread eating with Sheldon?
3. Why is Senator Pullman extradited to Florida?
4. What is reported on the radio at dinner the night Norman Paperman returns from the island?
5. What is Sheldon's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in the letter Norman receives from Lester?
2. What crisis results from Miss Buckley of the Immigration Office?
3. On whose good will does Norman learn that the club keeps running smoothly, and how does he learn that?
4. What happens to Thor, the bartender who practically ran the club for Mrs. Ball, the previous owner?
5. What other shock does Norman have about the financing for the Gull Reef Club?
6. Why do Henny and Norman call Sheldon "The Sending?"
7. What good news and bad news does Henny have in a letter she wrote to Norman?
8. What happens with Tex Akers, the builder Norman hires to do the construction work for the new rooms?
9. What second issue has more people ready to check out of the club on Norman's second day as owner?
10. What does Henny seem most excited about when seeing the island and the Gull Reef Club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the beginning and ending of the story. What changes have taken place in Norman? What has remained the same? Give examples from the text to support your responses.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the tempo of the story. When does it move swiftly and when does it slow down? Was it easy to follow? Why or why not? Give examples from the text to support your responses.
Essay Topic 3
If Tex Akers was involved in so many deals that went bad, why was he permitted to begin the Crab Cove project on Amerigo? Give examples from the text to support your responses.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)