|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Norman danced with Iris at the Tilson party?
(a) Someone taps on his shoulder interrupting them.
(b) Someone called "fire,"
(c) The Governor gets jealous and hits him.
(d) Iris passes out in his arms.
2. How do Iris and Norman plan on getting to Dingley Dell?
(a) By catamaran.
(b) By canoe.
(c) By row boat.
(d) By sail boat.
3. How long does Hippolyte say it will take to finish the new rooms?
(a) About two weeks.
(b) Not too long.
(c) About a week.
(d) A couple of days.
4. What does Hippolyte do in ten days?
(a) She builds a room on her house for a nursery.
(b) He prepares to deliver Esme's baby.
(c) He fixes everything at the club.
(d) He starts running the Senator's bar.
5. What happens to Iris and Norman's picnic lunch?
(a) It is on the island waiting for them.
(b) It is delicious.
(c) It is ruined
(d) It falls overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman see bellying from the wind as he walks through the lobby of the club?
2. What happens after Lester fires Hippolyte?
3. Where does the Sending finish his stay on the island?
4. What does Norman realize in the middle of the generator crisis?
5. Why does Lester have an appointment with the banker, Llewellyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norman do after the crisis is over, Hippolyte is captured, Lester is unhurt, and Iris's dog is taken to the vet for the cut from Hippolyte's machete?
2. Why does Church Wagner disappear right before the Tilson party?
3. Why is Norman happy when he hears the rain?
4. What does Chunky Collins tell Norman about his friend Lionel?
5. What do Iris and Norman do instead of the picnic at Dingley Dell they have planned?
6. What does Sheila finally do after the disaster with the cistern?
7. What does Henny tell Norman that causes him to be worried about Iris?
8. What does Lester think about Crab Cove once he has the opportunity to see it for himself?
9. When Norman returns to the club after his visit with Miss Buckley, he realizes Esme is not at her post at the switchboard. Where is she?
10. What does Norman find when he goes to the Pink Cottage to see why Iris does not come to the champagne party?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)