|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the night of the Tilson's party, what has Norman arranged for special entertainment for the guests on the beach?
(a) They are going to have a talent contest.
(b) The UDT frogmen are going to parachute onto the beach.
(c) The UDT frogmen are going to demolish a sunken ship.
(d) The frogmen are going to give diving lessons.
2. Why does Lester have an appointment with the banker, Llewellyn?
(a) To learn about other property for sale on the island.
(b) To discuss the purchase of Crab Cove.
(c) To see if he could rattle the banker's chain.
(d) To discuss refinancing the Gull Reef Club.
3. What do Mr. and Mrs. Tilson tell Norman about Hippolyte?
(a) He may have cut the throat of a policeman.
(b) He once lived with Shiela and fathered two of her children.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) He has been in an insane asylum.
4. Why is the generator taken away from the club?
(a) It is broken and needed repair.
(b) It belongs to the hospital.
(c) It is stolen and the police confiscated it.
(d) It belongs to Senator Easter.
5. What is Iris and Norman's change of plans after they never get to Dingley Dell?
(a) Iris makes dinner in her cabin.
(b) They cook on the beach.
(c) They go to Hogan's Fancy for dinner.
(d) They have dinner at the club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Sending most interested in when he is allowed to dive with the frogmen?
2. In Chapter 9, what does Norman hear as he drifts off to sleep for his before dinner nap?
3. Who does Norman say he is looking for when he returns to the club after his visit with Miss Buckley?
4. What does Shiela show Norman?
5. What question does Iris ask Norman over dinner at Hogan's Fancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What announcement does Norman make while out on the boat with the Tilsons and Iris?
2. What is the big disappointment for Norman and Iris about their planned excursion to Dingley Dell?
3. What happens between Lester and Hippolyte that upsets Norman?
4. What does Lester think about Crab Cove once he has the opportunity to see it for himself?
5. Why does Church Wagner disappear right before the Tilson party?
6. What do Iris and Norman do instead of the picnic at Dingley Dell they have planned?
7. What is the difficulty Norman is having with Miss Buckley at the Immigrations Office in Chapter 9?
8. Why is Norman happy when he hears the rain?
9. The morning after Norman and Iris's interlude, Norman has to pick up his family, Sheldon, and Lester at the airport. What else is he expecting at the airport?
10. What seems to bother Norman despite the fact that Hippolyte has everything fixed and running smoothly at the club?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)