|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things are constant about Hippolyte?
(a) He wears a straw hat and carries a cutlash.
(b) He carries a cutlash and a gun.
(c) He wears a dress and high heels.
(d) He wears a straw hat and leather sandals.
2. How long does Hippolyte say it will take to finish the new rooms?
(a) Not too long.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) About a week.
(d) About two weeks.
3. Where is Dingley Dell?
(a) On the island of Little Dog.
(b) Behind the Gull Reef Club.
(c) On the island of Big Dog.
(d) Just south of Georgetown.
4. What does the Sending say about Bob Cohn?
(a) That Bob is too old for his job.
(b) That he wants Bob out of the picture as far as Hazel is concerned.
(c) That Bob is a smug know-it-all.
(d) That Bob is smarter than he lets anyone know.
5. Why is the generator taken away from the club?
(a) It is broken and needed repair.
(b) It is stolen and the police confiscated it.
(c) It belongs to the hospital.
(d) It belongs to Senator Easter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Norman go when he borrows Church's rain coat?
2. What is the first thing Lester says when he arrives on the island?
3. What does Henny tell Norman about Iris Tramm?
4. What does Norman hope to do at Dingley Dell?
5. Where is Norman told he will find the person he is looking for after he returns from Miss Buckley's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sheldon goes diving with the IUD unit?
2. What seems to bother Norman despite the fact that Hippolyte has everything fixed and running smoothly at the club?
3. Why does it seem all eyes are on Iris when she arrives at the Tilson party?
4. What does Henny tell Norman that causes him to be worried about Iris?
5. What announcement does Norman make while out on the boat with the Tilsons and Iris?
6. What does Norman find when he goes to the Pink Cottage to see why Iris does not come to the champagne party?
7. What do Iris and Norman do instead of the picnic at Dingley Dell they have planned?
8. What do Iris and Norman do the rest of the evening after dinner at Hogan's Fancy?
9. What is the big disappointment for Norman and Iris about their planned excursion to Dingley Dell?
10. When Norman awoke with a hangover in the morning after the champagne party, what news does he receive from Sheila that makes things worse?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)