|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Iris and the Governor are leaving the Tilson party?
(a) Iris is throwing a loud fit.
(b) Iris wants to dance some more.
(c) Iris jumps into the pool.
(d) Iris falls then passes out.
2. Why is Norman called to Miss Buckley's office?
(a) He needs to come up with $1,000 per alien employee.
(b) He needs to go to Washington about Esme.
(c) He needs to renew the bonds for his alien employees.
(d) He needs a 50 page application for each alien employee.
3. What does Shiela show Norman?
(a) A basket floating in the water.
(b) Hippolyte swimming in the water.
(c) The steaks on the grill.
(d) A shark.
4. Where does Norman send the Sending when he asks about a room?
(a) To pitch a tent on the beach.
(b) To Big Dog island where there are a lot of rooms.
(c) To the Casa Encantada.
(d) To the registration desk at the Gull Reef Club.
5. What happens to Norman as he listens to old tunes on Iris's phonograph?
(a) He tells Iris to turn it off.
(b) He sings along.
(c) He says he prefers show tunes.
(d) He gets tearful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Governor Sanders when Norman enters the Gull Reef dining room following his nap?
2. What does Hippolyte do in ten days?
3. What does the Sending think of the island when he first sees it?
4. What does Lester offer Norman for finding the property he is interested in?
5. Where is Norman told he will find the person he is looking for after he returns from Miss Buckley's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so important about the invitation Norman receives from Bunny Campbell?
2. What does Norman find when he goes to the Pink Cottage to see why Iris does not come to the champagne party?
3. What is the difficulty Norman is having with Miss Buckley at the Immigrations Office in Chapter 9?
4. What happens that may ruin the Tilson party if not for Lester's authoritative presence?
5. When Norman awoke with a hangover in the morning after the champagne party, what news does he receive from Sheila that makes things worse?
6. What does Chunky Collins tell Norman about his friend Lionel?
7. Why does it seem all eyes are on Iris when she arrives at the Tilson party?
8. What does Henny tell Norman that causes him to be worried about Iris?
9. Why is Norman happy when he hears the rain?
10. Why does Norman think Hippolyte's return to the Gull Reef Club is going to be a problem?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)