|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thor explain the large number of employees at the club?
(a) Kinjan help isn't paid well, and aren't very hard working.
(b) The club requires a lot more work than Norman thinks.
(c) It is better to have too many than not enough.
(d) The employees stick together and if you fire one you lose them all.
2. Who is Miss Buckley?
(a) An official from the Governor's office.
(b) Gilbert's sister.
(c) An official from the immigration office.
(d) A girlfriend of Senator Pullman.
3. Who are the hill crowd?
(a) People who want to stay dry when there is a flood.
(b) The very poor people in town.
(c) People who lived on Signal Mountain.
(d) People who jog up and down Signal Mountain.
4. What is the book about that Sheldon is writing?
(a) The homosexuality of King Arthur.
(b) The homosexuality of General Pershing.
(c) The homosexuality of Balzac.
(d) The mating habits of horses.
5. What makes Norman panic when he gets off Mrs. Ball's new boat?
(a) He has no identification or money with him.
(b) He has no way to get back across to the Gull Reef Club.
(c) He is supposed to be at the airport and he is late.
(d) He sees the French water barge Thor was supposed to flag down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Norman Paperman's Broadway friends and associates think about him buying a club in the islands?
2. Where does Iris Tramm take Norman Paperman to swim?
3. While at Sardis, what does Norman Paperman tell his associates he and Henny were going to do?
4. How much is the Gull Reef Club going to cost Norman?
5. What will happen to Norman if Esme has her baby while on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Norman Paperman want to buy a club in the Caribbean Islands?
2. How does Norman know Lester Atlas and why does he take him along to the island?
3. What second issue has more people ready to check out of the club on Norman's second day as owner?
4. What is Lionel Williams' reaction to the island?
5. What is one of the first and most important things Norman learns about running the club on his first day as owner?
6. What happens when Henny and Norman find out that Sheldon is still married and has a son?
7. Why does Iris Tramm seem so familiar to Norman?
8. What other shock does Norman have about the financing for the Gull Reef Club?
9. What happens to Norman after his nap the second day of his ownership of the club?
10. When Norman cannot get a clear connection during his phone call to Lester, what does he finally do to get the deposit to buy the club?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)