|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the cistern?
(a) It cracks and is leaking water.
(b) It overflows from all the rain.
(c) It is contaminated.
(d) They find Church's body in it.
2. Who is Janet West?
(a) A member of the island elite.
(b) A one-time movie star who changed her name.
(c) The owner of a rival club on the island.
(d) A dancer on Broadway who married an islander.
3. What is Henny's reaction upon learning that Sheldon is married?
(a) She threatens him with a pie.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She goes into the kitchen to keep from strangling him.
(d) She accepts it with a smile.
4. How does Senator Pullman help Lionel get the fish he caught on the airplane?
(a) He tells them it is a stuffed and mounted fish.
(b) He tells them it is a Chinese glass fish.
(c) He tells them it is a French replica of a fish.
(d) He tells them it is a special gift to the Governor of New York.
5. Who does Norman depend on to pull off the Tilson party without a hitch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens a little over a week after Norman becomes owner of the club?
2. Why is Henny so excited when Norman returns from his appointment with Chunky Collins?
3. What is Sheldon's occupation?
4. While at Sardis, what does Norman Paperman tell his associates he and Henny were going to do?
5. What do Norman Paperman's Broadway friends and associates think about him buying a club in the islands?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Norman's Broadway friends feel about his interest in buying a Caribbean club and moving to the islands?
2. What does Norman notice about the people of the island?
3. What happens to Thor, the bartender who practically ran the club for Mrs. Ball, the previous owner?
4. From what Mrs. Ball tells him about the club, what does Norman think about it?
5. Why do Henny and Norman dislike Sheldon Klug?
6. What happens with Tex Akers, the builder Norman hires to do the construction work for the new rooms?
7. What second issue has more people ready to check out of the club on Norman's second day as owner?
8. What does Henny seem most excited about when seeing the island and the Gull Reef Club?
9. What happens to Norman after his nap the second day of his ownership of the club?
10. What happens at the club because of the second earthquake on the island?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)