|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gilbert quit?
(a) He is in love with Esme.
(b) He wants to be the gardener.
(c) He has a better job offer.
(d) He wants to continue being bartender.
2. What does Iris say when Norman is surprised by her racist comments?
(a) That he's crazy if he thinks that about her.
(b) That she doesn't like anybody much, but likes blacks more than whites.
(c) That she isn't a racist, she just hates the govenor.
(d) That she isn't a racist if she hates whites more than blacks.
3. What does Tex Akers tell Norman after breaking a huge hole in the wall?
(a) He needs $2,000 to pay for supplies.
(b) He needs all the money so he can pay his men in advance.
(c) The club has termites.
(d) His men are on strike.
4. What is Sheldon's occupation?
(a) He is between jobs.
(c) University instructor.
5. What does Norman Paperman notice about the Kinjan people?
(a) They don't live well.
(b) They sing all the time.
(c) They talk a lot.
(d) They like to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Norman when he is under a lot of stress?
2. Who does Miss Buckley come to see Norman about?
3. Where do Norman and Henny go after Hazel and Sheldon leave their apartment?
4. Who is the Sending?
5. What happens to Henny before her flight back to the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lionel Williams' reaction to the island?
2. How does Norman meet Iris Tramm?
3. How do Norman's Broadway friends feel about his interest in buying a Caribbean club and moving to the islands?
4. The Tilson party is an event that can make or break the Gull Reef Club. What does Norman know is the most important factor in pulling off the party?
5. What happens to Norman after his nap the second day of his ownership of the club?
6. What crisis results from Miss Buckley of the Immigration Office?
7. Norman is told a man named Hippolyte can fix the cistern. He asks several people about the man. What does he learn?
8. How does Norman's second day on the island start?
9. What happens at the club because of the second earthquake on the island?
10. How does Norman know Lester Atlas and why does he take him along to the island?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)