|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Norman hire to replace Gilbert at the bar?
(a) A retired sailor named Church Wagner.
(b) A one-time teacher named Church Wagner.
(c) An island native named Wagner Church.
(d) A Kinjan who once worked for Senator Pullman.
2. What do Norman and Senator Pullman decide to do when they look at the cistern?
(a) Order a new cistern.
(b) Convert sea water to drinking water.
(c) Drill a well and do away with the outdated cistern.
(d) Release the water to the bottom of the crack so it can be repaired.
3. What does Iris say when Norman is surprised by her racist comments?
(a) That she isn't a racist, she just hates the govenor.
(b) That she isn't a racist if she hates whites more than blacks.
(c) That she doesn't like anybody much, but likes blacks more than whites.
(d) That he's crazy if he thinks that about her.
4. How does Norman locate Gilbert to show him how to prime the water pump?
(a) He climbs to the top of the Thousand Steps.
(b) He searches all the bars in Georgetown.
(c) He takes the gondola to the other side of the island.
(d) He hires a taxi to take him to the top of Mosquito Hill.
5. What does Lionel see when he goes with Bob Cohn?
(a) A parrot fish.
(b) Pink coral.
(c) A shark.
(d) All the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anatone?
2. What does Norman find in his room after he awakens from his nap on his second day as owner of the Gull Reef Club?
3. What happens to Henny before her flight back to the island?
4. How does Norman get the deposit money to buy the Gull Reef Club?
5. How is Norman awakened on his first morning as owner of the club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Lorna the switchboard operator at the club in Chapter 8?
2. What does Iris invite Norman to do while he is on the island checking out the Gull Reef Club?
3. What is in the letter Norman receives from Lester?
4. What happens to Thor, the bartender who practically ran the club for Mrs. Ball, the previous owner?
5. What happens to Norman after his nap the second day of his ownership of the club?
6. Why do Henny and Norman dislike Sheldon Klug?
7. What is Lionel Williams' reaction to the island?
8. Why does Norman Paperman want to buy a club in the Caribbean Islands?
9. The Tilson party is an event that can make or break the Gull Reef Club. What does Norman know is the most important factor in pulling off the party?
10. What happens with Tex Akers, the builder Norman hires to do the construction work for the new rooms?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)