|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Norman hear as he drifts off to sleep for his before dinner nap?
(a) The birds.
(b) Thunder in the distance.
(d) The steel band warming up.
2. What does Norman do to make up for the problem with the tarpaulin?
(a) He suggests a swim since they are already wet.
(b) He offers free drinks until dawn.
(c) He goes to bed and gives everyone free run of the club.
(d) He offers free breakfast.
3. What does Norman offer to do when Miss Buckley persists about Esme's pregnancy?
(a) Pay her to overlook Esme's condition.
(b) Get a doctor to certify she is several weeks from delivery.
(c) Take the issue to court.
(d) Send Esme away.
4. What does Iris explain about the homosexuals living on the island?
(a) Some of the homosexuals on the island are rich taxpayers.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) No sailors have ever been seen at the Casa.
(d) A senator once tried to introduce a bill to get rid of them.
5. How does Henny act when she sees Norman after getting off the plane?
(a) She cries because she is so happy to see him.
(b) She shakes his hand.
(c) She greets him with an enthusiastic hug.
(d) She asks how he is.
6. What problem besides a hangover does Norman Paperman have the morning after the champagne party?
(a) Guests are checking out because they have no water.
(b) All the chambermaids have quit.
(c) He needs to write an $1,800 check to cover supplies for the Tilson party.
(d) All answers are correct.
7. How do Iris and Norman plan on getting to Dingley Dell?
(a) By catamaran.
(b) By sail boat.
(c) By canoe.
(d) By row boat.
8. What happens to Norman as he listens to old tunes on Iris's phonograph?
(a) He sings along.
(b) He gets tearful.
(c) He tells Iris to turn it off.
(d) He says he prefers show tunes.
9. What do Mr. and Mrs. Tilson want when they ask to see Norman in the bar?
(a) To see about seating arrangements for their party.
(b) To invite him to go sailing.
(c) To check if everything is still on for their party.
(d) They want to buy him a drink.
10. What two things are constant about Hippolyte?
(a) He wears a straw hat and carries a cutlash.
(b) He wears a straw hat and leather sandals.
(c) He wears a dress and high heels.
(d) He carries a cutlash and a gun.
11. What happens to the Sending and Bob Cohn at lunch?
(a) They find that they agree about fear and courage.
(b) They get into a debate about fear and courage.
(c) They have a fight over Hazel.
(d) They have an eating contest.
12. What does Norman do to appease his guests over the new water problem?
(a) He offers them free rooms until the generator is fixed.
(b) He invites them to a champagne party on the house.
(c) He offers them a free night.
(d) He invites them to a free surf and turf dinner.
13. What is Norman hoping the governor will do to help him with his immigration problem?
(a) Intervene with Miss Buckley on behalf of Esme.
(b) Locate a generator for the club.
(c) Find a solution to the club's water problem.
(d) Get Miss Buckley fired from her job.
14. Who goes along to the airport with Norman when he meets Henny's plane?
(b) Iris Tramm.
(c) Janet West.
(d) Bob Cohn.
15. What are Bayfins?
(c) Small reptiles on the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises to find Esme for Norman in the morning?
2. What is Iris and Norman's last stop as they do the island night life?
3. Why does Lester have an appointment with the banker, Llewellyn?
4. Who is hurt before Hippolyte is captured?
5. Who else arrives at the Tilson party that raises some eyebrows?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)