|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman do to appease his guests over the new water problem?
(a) He offers them free rooms until the generator is fixed.
(b) He invites them to a free surf and turf dinner.
(c) He invites them to a champagne party on the house.
(d) He offers them a free night.
2. What drunken person does Norman first need to get rid of so he doesn't ruin the Tilson's party?
3. Who is hurt before Hippolyte is captured?
4. What does Henny tell Norman about Iris Tramm?
(a) Iris told her about their fling.
(b) Iris is marrying Bob Cohn.
(c) Iris is drinking and not eating.
(d) Iris has disappeared.
5. What are Bayfins?
(a) Small reptiles on the island.
6. What happens to Norman as he listens to old tunes on Iris's phonograph?
(a) He says he prefers show tunes.
(b) He gets tearful.
(c) He sings along.
(d) He tells Iris to turn it off.
7. Where does Norman send the Sending when he asks about a room?
(a) To Big Dog island where there are a lot of rooms.
(b) To the registration desk at the Gull Reef Club.
(c) To the Casa Encantada.
(d) To pitch a tent on the beach.
8. What question does Iris ask Norman over dinner at Hogan's Fancy?
(a) "What's it like to have kids?"
(b) "Would you like to run away with me?"
(c) "How old are you, Norman?"
(d) "How many years have you been married?"
9. At breakfast his first morning on the island, what does the Sending say about his stay at Casa Encantada?
(a) The place would be great for his writing.
(b) He felt right at home and loved it.
(c) The place gives him the creeps.
(d) He wished they served food.
10. What does Norman say that really upsets Miss Buckley while in her office?
(a) He suggests getting Miss Buckley fired.
(b) He suggests the Gull Reef Club is in the middle of a political battle.
(c) He suggests she doesn't know what she is doing.
(d) He suggests Senator Easter is at the bottom of the problem.
11. What else happens at the airport the day Lester and Henny arrive?
(a) All the chicken they needed for the curried chicken for the Tilson party hai arrived thawed.
(b) There is a mistake with the steaks Norman is expecting for the Tilson party.
(c) It is so hot all the food Norman ordered for the Tilson party has spoiled.
(d) His daughter is not with them because she and the Sending were taking a different flight.
12. What does Norman say when Henny suggests he get rid of Hippolyte?
(a) That he'd get rid of her first.
(b) That Hippolyte is irreplaceable.
(c) He will get rid of him after the Tilson party.
(d) He thinks Hippolyte would make a good partner for Hazel.
13. What do Mr. and Mrs. Tilson tell Norman about Hippolyte?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) He may have cut the throat of a policeman.
(c) He once lived with Shiela and fathered two of her children.
(d) He has been in an insane asylum.
14. What does Norman realize in the middle of the generator crisis?
(a) The tide of good-will is changing with Senator Pullman gone.
(b) He needs a new electrician now that Senator Pullman is gone.
(c) He needs to try to purchase a new generator.
(d) Senator Easter doesn't like Norman.
15. Where does the Sending finish his stay on the island?
(a) On the beach.
(b) At the Gull Reef Club.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) Casa Encartda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Iris helps Norman make up the beds on the morning after the champagne party?
2. What is Iris and Norman's last stop as they do the island night life?
3. Who does Norman Paperman dance with first at the champagne party?
4. Where is Dingley Dell?
5. What does Lester offer Norman for finding the property he is interested in?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)