|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Norman depend on to pull off the Tilson party without a hitch?
2. What stands out most about Lester Atlas?
(a) He is witty and charming.
(b) He is timid and funny.
(c) He is loud and obnoxious.
(d) He is pleasant and quiet.
3. What happens that causes Chunky Collins to hide under a table?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) They are playing the Kinjan national game, hide and seek.
(c) A terrible thunder storm.
(d) An angry husband comes looking for him.
4. Where does Iris Tramm take Norman Paperman to swim?
(a) Big Dog.
(b) Pit Bay.
(c) Little Dog.
(d) Signal Mountain.
5. What is Norman Paperman's job before going to Amerigo?
(a) A magazine writer.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) A Broadway producer.
(d) A Broadway press agent.
6. How is Norman's heart handling all the stress of running the club?
(a) His palpitations are getting less severe.
(b) His palipitations are getting worse.
(c) He is too busy to know.
(d) He is feeling younger and healthier than ever.
7. What does Norman want to change about the brochures advertising the club?
(a) It states that everyone gets personal service or their stay is free.
(b) It states that if you are not picked up from the airport immediately you get a free night stay.
(c) It states that for every minute guests wait for service a dollar is subtracted from their bill.
(d) It states that guests are personally picked up at the airport.
8. What is Anatone doing that is so expensive?
(a) Bringing Chablis.
(b) Bringing water.
(c) Bringing them fresh fish.
(d) Taking their trash away.
9. How does Senator Pullman help Lionel get the fish he caught on the airplane?
(a) He tells them it is a stuffed and mounted fish.
(b) He tells them it is a French replica of a fish.
(c) He tells them it is a Chinese glass fish.
(d) He tells them it is a special gift to the Governor of New York.
10. What do Norman and Senator Pullman decide to do when they look at the cistern?
(a) Order a new cistern.
(b) Drill a well and do away with the outdated cistern.
(c) Release the water to the bottom of the crack so it can be repaired.
(d) Convert sea water to drinking water.
11. Who does Norman hire to replace Gilbert at the bar?
(a) An island native named Wagner Church.
(b) A retired sailor named Church Wagner.
(c) A one-time teacher named Church Wagner.
(d) A Kinjan who once worked for Senator Pullman.
12. What is reported on the radio at dinner the night Norman Paperman returns from the island?
(a) The Soviet Union has thermonuclear bombs.
(b) A teamsters strike is expected to paralyze the US economy.
(c) The U.S. Seventh Fleet is off Formosa ready for problems with the Chinese.
(d) All answers are correct.
13. What does Tex Akers do when Norman refuses to give him what he wants?
(a) He finishes the construction work.
(b) He hires an extra crew so they can finish the work faster.
(c) He starts a new business.
(d) He skips out.
14. Who is Lionel?
(a) A Broadway producer.
(b) Hazel's old boyfriend.
(c) A stage manager from New York.
(d) A friend of Henny's.
15. Who is Hassim?
(a) A homosexual Russian gift shop owner.
(b) A Turkish store owner.
(c) A charming Turkish street musician.
(d) A city counsel member.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman ask Tex Akers at the bar on his first day as owner of the club?
2. Who owns Hogan's fancy?
3. What new problem does Norman have when Norman returns from picking up guests at the airport?
4. What will happen to Norman if Esme has her baby while on the island?
5. Who does Lionel impart much gossip and curiosity to while in the bar?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)