|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anatone doing that is so expensive?
(a) Taking their trash away.
(b) Bringing them fresh fish.
(c) Bringing Chablis.
(d) Bringing water.
2. Who is Tex Akers?
(a) The perfect man to get their daughter away from Sheldon.
(b) An old college friend of Henny's.
(c) A contractor from Texas.
(d) A businessman from New Orleans.
3. How is Norman's heart handling all the stress of running the club?
(a) His palpitations are getting less severe.
(b) His palipitations are getting worse.
(c) He is too busy to know.
(d) He is feeling younger and healthier than ever.
4. Who looks familiar to Norman Paperman when they meet?
(a) Iris Tramm, Thor's girlfriend.
(b) Mrs. Ball, Bob Cohn's date.
(c) Iris Tramm, Bob Cohn's date.
(d) Govenor Sanders.
5. Who does Norman depend on to pull off the Tilson party without a hitch?
6. What shocks Norman most when he gets aboard Mrs. Ball's new boat?
(a) That she is heading to New York and offers to bring Henny back with her.
(b) That Thor is now the captain.
(c) That she is setting sail with him on board.
(d) That Iris is going with Mrs. Ball to Panama.
7. What is Norman Paperman thankful for after being knocked unconscious in Kinja?
(a) That he doesn't receive a ticket.
(b) The heavy windshield of the Land Rover.
(c) That he has a hard head.
(d) The sturdiness of the Land Rover.
8. What does Iris say when Norman is surprised by her racist comments?
(a) That she doesn't like anybody much, but likes blacks more than whites.
(b) That she isn't a racist if she hates whites more than blacks.
(c) That she isn't a racist, she just hates the govenor.
(d) That he's crazy if he thinks that about her.
9. What is one of the most important things Thor explains on Norman's first day as owner of the Gull Reef Club?
(a) The importance of keeping the cook happy.
(b) They have a pregnant chambermaid.
(c) The value of a friend.
(d) The importance of water.
10. What does Lionel see when he goes with Bob Cohn?
(a) Pink coral.
(b) A parrot fish.
(c) A shark.
(d) All the answers are correct.
11. What happens that causes Chunky Collins to hide under a table?
(a) They are playing the Kinjan national game, hide and seek.
(b) An angry husband comes looking for him.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A terrible thunder storm.
12. Why doesn't Norman Paperman return to New York with Lester?
(a) He wants to go on a picnic with Iris.
(b) He never wants to go home.
(c) He wants to visit the Govenor.
(d) He wants to see more of the club.
13. When did the United States acquire the island of Kinja?
14. What happens to the cistern?
(a) It overflows from all the rain.
(b) It is contaminated.
(c) It cracks and is leaking water.
(d) They find Church's body in it.
15. What does Norman suggest they do with the guests the night of the Tilson party?
(a) Have a beach party for them at Lover's Beach.
(b) Take them on a dinner cruise.
(c) Have a swimming party at the pool.
(d) Take them on a tour of the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tex Akers tell Norman he wants before he can start work on Norman's second day as owner of the club?
2. Who is Miss Buckley?
3. What is reported on the radio at dinner the night Norman Paperman returns from the island?
4. What happens a little over a week after Norman becomes owner of the club?
5. Who is Anatone?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)