|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lionel?
(a) A stage manager from New York.
(b) A friend of Henny's.
(c) A Broadway producer.
(d) Hazel's old boyfriend.
2. Why does Gilbert quit?
(a) He wants to continue being bartender.
(b) He wants to be the gardener.
(c) He is in love with Esme.
(d) He has a better job offer.
3. What happens that causes Chunky Collins to hide under a table?
(a) An angry husband comes looking for him.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A terrible thunder storm.
(d) They are playing the Kinjan national game, hide and seek.
4. Who saves Norman from drowning the first day at the Gull Reef Club?
(b) Mrs. Ball.
(d) Bob Cohn.
5. What potential deal does Norman inform Lester Atlas about?
(a) That he wants Lester to be a partner with him in Crab Cove.
(b) That he has a special room set aside for him for the holidays.
(c) That business is booming at the Gull Reef Club.
(d) That Crab Cove will be for sale.
6. What happens to the cistern?
(a) It cracks and is leaking water.
(b) They find Church's body in it.
(c) It overflows from all the rain.
(d) It is contaminated.
7. When did the United States acquire the island of Kinja?
8. How does Norman handle the loss of Thor?
(a) He asks Shiela to have one of her cooking staff tend bar.
(b) He tends bar himself.
(c) He hires two Kinjans to do the work.
(d) He makes Gilbert the new bartender and Millard the boatman.
9. How does Norman wake up on his second day as owner of the Gull Reef Club?
(a) To sawing and hammering.
(b) Gagging and choking from a horrible odor.
(c) To a rainy day.
(d) To a beautiful morning.
10. What does Governor Sanders ask about Iris before he leaves the airport?
(a) If she is saying off the booze.
(b) If she still has her dog.
(c) If she is still staying at the Gull Reef Club.
(d) If she is staying out of trouble.
11. How is Norman's heart handling all the stress of running the club?
(a) His palipitations are getting worse.
(b) His palpitations are getting less severe.
(c) He is too busy to know.
(d) He is feeling younger and healthier than ever.
12. What do Norman Paperman's Broadway friends and associates think about him buying a club in the islands?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They envy him.
(c) They don't believe him.
(d) They want to be partners.
13. Who does Norman hire to replace Gilbert at the bar?
(a) A Kinjan who once worked for Senator Pullman.
(b) A retired sailor named Church Wagner.
(c) A one-time teacher named Church Wagner.
(d) An island native named Wagner Church.
14. Who is "Chunky" Collins?
(a) A one-time football player who is now an accountant.
(b) A one-time college football coach who is now a lawyer.
(c) A boyfriend of Mrs. Ball's helping her sell the Gull Reef Club.
(d) A one-time football player who is now a lawyer.
15. Who did Iris Tramm once work for?
(a) Mrs. Ball.
(b) The Senator.
(c) The Governor.
(d) A jeweler in Georgetown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thor respond when Norman asks if he will continue working at the club?
2. What stands out most about Lester Atlas?
3. What gift does Norman bring Henny when he returns to New York?
4. What do Bob Cohn and Iris invite Norman and Lionel to do?
5. What does Norman do after being bitten by the ants?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)