|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iris tell Norman after the rain stops their kiss?
(a) To go home and never come back.
(b) To come back to her room for the night.
(c) To leave his wife and stay with her.
(d) To go home and not return without his wife.
2. How does Senator Pullman help Lionel get the fish he caught on the airplane?
(a) He tells them it is a stuffed and mounted fish.
(b) He tells them it is a Chinese glass fish.
(c) He tells them it is a French replica of a fish.
(d) He tells them it is a special gift to the Governor of New York.
3. Who is Norman Paperman?
(a) A wealthy businessman looking to make a profit.
(b) A retired doctor wanting to purchase the Gull Reef Club.
(c) A New York resident who wants to buy a club on Amerigo.
(d) A hen-pecked husband doing what his wife ordered.
4. Why are Mr. and Mrs. Harmer ready to check out early a second time?
(a) They don't like the service.
(b) They find Church in their bed with the pregnant chambermaid.
(c) They prefer a quieter place.
(d) They order room service that never arrives.
5. What happens to Henny before her flight back to the island?
(a) She wants to go home and check on Hazel.
(b) She has second thoughts and refuses to go along.
(c) She remembers an appointment and has to cancel her flight.
(d) She has stomach pain and decides not to go.
6. Who saves Norman from drowning the first day at the Gull Reef Club?
(b) Mrs. Ball.
(c) Bob Cohn.
7. When did the United States acquire the island of Kinja?
8. What does Iris say when Norman is surprised by her racist comments?
(a) That she doesn't like anybody much, but likes blacks more than whites.
(b) That she isn't a racist if she hates whites more than blacks.
(c) That he's crazy if he thinks that about her.
(d) That she isn't a racist, she just hates the govenor.
9. Who is Iris Tramm/Janet West's near constant companion?
(a) Thor, her dog.
(b) Meadows, her dog.
(c) Pete, her parrot.
(d) Meadows, her cat.
10. What will happen to Norman if Esme has her baby while on the island?
(a) He will be responsible for the child for the rest of its life.
(b) He will be responsible for Esme for the rest of her life.
(c) As her employer, he will be the baby's legal father.
(d) All answers are correct.
11. How is Norman awakened on his first morning as owner of the club?
(a) By a loud barking coming from the next cabin.
(b) By an argument between employees.
(c) By the cook, Shiela, banging on his door.
(d) By the sound of thunder.
12. Who disturbs the solitude of Iris and Norman's picnic?
(a) The Govenor.
(c) Bob Cohn.
(d) Mrs. Ball.
13. What does Tex Akers do when Norman refuses to give him what he wants?
(a) He starts a new business.
(b) He hires an extra crew so they can finish the work faster.
(c) He skips out.
(d) He finishes the construction work.
14. What is a cistern?
(a) A holding tank for garbage.
(b) It means "sister" in the island's native tongue.
(c) A large container that holds water.
(d) A fountain.
15. What do Bob Cohn and Iris invite Norman and Lionel to do?
(a) Go spearfishing.
(b) Go snorkeling.
(c) Go swimming.
(d) Go scuba diving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Governor Sanders ask about Iris before he leaves the airport?
2. What does Tex Akers tell Norman after breaking a huge hole in the wall?
3. How much is the Gull Reef Club going to cost Norman?
4. Who does Lionel impart much gossip and curiosity to while in the bar?
5. What does Norman suggest they do with the guests the night of the Tilson party?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)