|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Norman from drowning the first day at the Gull Reef Club?
(a) Mrs. Ball.
(d) Bob Cohn.
2. What shocks Norman most when he gets aboard Mrs. Ball's new boat?
(a) That Iris is going with Mrs. Ball to Panama.
(b) That she is setting sail with him on board.
(c) That she is heading to New York and offers to bring Henny back with her.
(d) That Thor is now the captain.
3. What makes Norman panic when he gets off Mrs. Ball's new boat?
(a) He has no identification or money with him.
(b) He sees the French water barge Thor was supposed to flag down.
(c) He has no way to get back across to the Gull Reef Club.
(d) He is supposed to be at the airport and he is late.
4. Who is Iris Tramm/Janet West's near constant companion?
(a) Thor, her dog.
(b) Meadows, her cat.
(c) Pete, her parrot.
(d) Meadows, her dog.
5. What do Norman Paperman's Broadway friends and associates think about him buying a club in the islands?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They want to be partners.
(c) They don't believe him.
(d) They envy him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Norman and Henny go after Hazel and Sheldon leave their apartment?
2. What does Norman ask Tex Akers at the bar on his first day as owner of the club?
3. What is Norman Paperman's job before going to Amerigo?
4. Who disturbs the solitude of Iris and Norman's picnic?
5. How is Norman awakened on his first morning as owner of the club?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)