|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Norman Paperman?
(a) A New York resident who wants to buy a club on Amerigo.
(b) A wealthy businessman looking to make a profit.
(c) A retired doctor wanting to purchase the Gull Reef Club.
(d) A hen-pecked husband doing what his wife ordered.
2. What does Norman Paperman's wife think about buying the Gull Reef Club?
(a) She is supportive.
(b) She is against it.
(c) She is too ill to care.
(d) She is going to divorce him.
3. What does Norman Paperman need in order keep from losing the club to the other buyers?
(a) A signed contract saying he is going to buy it.
(b) A 10% deposit.
(c) A deposit of $5,000 and a promise of $100,000 more when they settle the deal.
(d) A check for $10,000.
4. What is Norman Paperman's job before going to Amerigo?
(a) A magazine writer.
(b) A Broadway press agent.
(c) A Broadway producer.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
5. Who owns Hogan's fancy?
(a) Chunky Collins.
(b) Lester Atlas.
(c) Mrs. Ball.
(d) Tex Akers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Henny before her flight back to the island?
2. How does Thor explain the large number of employees at the club?
3. What makes Norman panic when he gets off Mrs. Ball's new boat?
4. What is the name of the main town in Amerigo?
5. What is a cistern?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)