|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way to Florida, why does a patrol car officer pull April over and ask her for her license and registration?
2. How does the hitman know April is outside?
3. What does Jodi say that people in Norwood are saying about the Corrigans' disappearance?
4. What does the family do as they drove to Disney World?
5. What does April tell Jodi about the Corrigans returning to Norwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. April feels some sympathy for her father and decides the Disney World trip might be a good idea after all. What is the drive to Orlando like?
2. Why is April secretly glad that Vamp tells them he is going to hold them hostage and confines them to a bedroom closet?
3. What is April's reaction to her uncomfortable feelings during the movie? What does she then do?
4. When April gets home from the movie, her parents have obviously been arguing. What does her father then tell April?
5. Why is Steve waiting for her at airport when April returns to Norwood?
6. When April and Lorelei stop for dinner, her grandmother is worried about the road map, which turns up missing. Why is Lorelei worried about it?
7. The day after April's father tells her she can't go to the university of her choice, she has made a decision to go home to Norwood. How does she plan to do this?
8. April decides the only way to handle what she found out from Jodi is to continue playing tennis and going out with Larry. What happens at Amy's party? How does Larry react?
9. The family stays at the Disney theme park during the morning and then April's parents head for Epcot Center while she stays with her brother. When Bram is on the Alice in Wonderland ride, Aprl hears someone call her name. Who is it and how does April handle the situation?
10. April and her grandmother have decided they must head for Florida. April helps her grandmother pack and they set off, taking the dog. April also has her old tennis racket. They only make it to Petersburg, Virginia that night. What happens at the motel during the night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of survival is important in Don't Look Behind You. Not only must the characters survive physically, they fight for the survival of their identity. Citing two specific examples, show how the following characters are fighting for their survival in one way or another:
(2) Mrs. Corrigan;
(3) Mr. Corrigan.
Essay Topic 2
One of the recurring secondary themes in Don't Look Behind You is the concept of isolation. Giving five examples from the novel, show how April's identity and her isolation have an impact on each other. Analyze how this is resolved or not in the Epilogue.
Essay Topic 3
Define climax as part of the plot structure in literature. Where does the climax occur in Don't Look Behind You? What does it reveal about the purpose of the story?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)