|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When April gets home from Disney World, Larry calls her. How does he act?
(a) Possessive and demanding.
(b) Happy that she had a great time at Disney World.
(c) Casual and indifferent.
(d) As though he really missed her.
2. How does the hitman know April is outside?
(a) Porky the dog starts to chase her.
(b) He sees her by the light of the moon.
(c) He sees her light clothing as she runs by.
(d) She trips and makes a lot of noise.
3. It is the hitman that April actually sees outside the window. What does he do next?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Shoves her mother in front of him so April can see her.
(c) Comes into the house.
(d) Waves a gun at her.
4. April reaches her grandmother's car but cannot get it started. Why?
(a) She left the lights on and the battery has run down.
(b) The car is old and unreliable.
(c) The hitman cut the wires.
(d) She doesn't have the key for the ignition.
5. What kind of feeling does April have as she waits for her grandmother to get money at the ATM?
(a) That someone is watching them.
(b) That something is going to go terribly wrong.
(c) That someone is going to rob her grandmother.
(d) That everything will end up alright.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the movie, Larry wants April to go to the beach the next day. What does she tell him?
2. After April hangs up the phone, who does she think she sees outside the window?
3. A few days after the family trip to Disney World, Kim calls. What does she talk to April about?
4. Back in Norwood, what does April tell Steve about her time away?
5. What stops April from leaving the theater all together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Steve waiting for her at airport when April returns to Norwood?
2. April had agreed to go to a movie with Larry because it was a group event. At the movie she meets Abby, who sat next to her on the plane. How does April handle this situation?
3. What does April find out about from Jodi while she is talking to her at Disney World? How does she feel about this?
4. April manages to get out of the house and into the yard. She thinks she will be safe there but what happens?
5. When April and Lorelei stop for dinner, her grandmother is worried about the road map, which turns up missing. Why is Lorelei worried about it?
6. April had called her grandmother from the airport in Sarasota and Lorelei was not happy to hear from her, advising her to go back. April does show up at her grandmother's door and what does she see? What does she suddenly realize?
7. April decides the only way to handle what she found out from Jodi is to continue playing tennis and going out with Larry. What happens at Amy's party? How does Larry react?
8. On the second day of April and Lorelei's drive to Florida, April notices something suspicious about a car behind them. What is it?
9. April feels some sympathy for her father and decides the Disney World trip might be a good idea after all. What is the drive to Orlando like?
10. April is worried about the car behind them and decides to do something. What is it and what is the resutl?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)