|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. April gets out of the house. Where has the hitman been all this time?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In her parents' car.
2. Larry and April end up sitting at the movie together. What is the movie about?
(a) The mafia.
3. What does April's dad tell her on the day after the party?
(a) That their house in Virginia has been sold.
(b) That April has to get a job to help out.
(c) That she is not allowed to go to any more parties.
(d) That the family is moving again.
4. It is the hitman that April actually sees outside the window. What does he do next?
(a) Waves a gun at her.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Comes into the house.
(d) Shoves her mother in front of him so April can see her.
5. What does meeting Abby again in Grove City teach April?
(a) Weird coincidences do happen.
(b) It's a small world.
(c) Never tell anybody anything about her past.
(d) There is a curse on her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in Norwood, what topic does April bring up with Steve almost immediately?
2. April goes to Amy's party with Larry. She drinks too much. What happens because of this?
3. When April phones her grandmother from the airport, what does her grandmother say?
4. April leaves the lobby and goes into the movie theater's restroom. What does she overhear there?
5. Why has her grandmother brought Porky, the Corrigans' dog, back to live with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Steve waiting for her at airport when April returns to Norwood?
2. When April and Lorelei stop for dinner, her grandmother is worried about the road map, which turns up missing. Why is Lorelei worried about it?
3. The family stays at the Disney theme park during the morning and then April's parents head for Epcot Center while she stays with her brother. When Bram is on the Alice in Wonderland ride, Aprl hears someone call her name. Who is it and how does April handle the situation?
4. When April returns to Norwood, she gets a rude awakening about Steve. What does she learn? What does she ask Steve to do?
5. The day after Amy's party, April is hungover and depressed. What does her father tell her that makes everything seem so bad that she just wants to get out and go back to Norwood?
6. April decides the only way to handle what she found out from Jodi is to continue playing tennis and going out with Larry. What happens at Amy's party? How does Larry react?
7. April is worried about the car behind them and decides to do something. What is it and what is the resutl?
8. What is the final outcome of Chapter 18?
9. The day after April's father tells her she can't go to the university of her choice, she has made a decision to go home to Norwood. How does she plan to do this?
10. On the second day of April and Lorelei's drive to Florida, April notices something suspicious about a car behind them. What is it?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)