|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the hitman die?
(a) April hits him over the head with a rock.
(b) April hits him over the head with her tennis racket.
(c) April pushes him into the ditch.
(d) April's grandmother drives over him with her car.
2. Where does April tell her parents she is going so they won't find out she is going back to Norwood?
(a) Tampa for a tennis tournament.
(b) Larry's weekend place on the ocean.
(c) To work at a summer camp for two weeks.
(d) Kim's house for the weekend.
3. When April gets home from Disney World, Larry calls her. How does he act?
(a) Happy that she had a great time at Disney World.
(b) As though he really missed her.
(c) Possessive and demanding.
(d) Casual and indifferent.
4. April goes to Amy's party with Larry. She drinks too much. What happens because of this?
(a) She tells Sandi she is "ugly."
(b) She tells Larry she has boyfriend in Virginia.
(c) She pushes Abby into the pool.
(d) She tells Larry he is really bad at tennis.
5. What do April and her grandmother finally see when they reach Lemon Lane in Grove City?
(a) Her parents' car parked right across Lemon Lane.
(b) Her parents' car in the ditch.
(c) Her parents' car running but empty.
(d) Her parents' car upside down on the lawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way to Florida, why does a patrol car officer pull April over and ask her for her license and registration?
2. Soon after Amy's party, April decides to return to Norwood. What helps her decide to do this?
3. Steve takes April to see her grandmother at her condo. Why is April so upset when she sees her grandmother?
4. After the Disney trip, what routine does April fall into for the next few weeks?
5. What does April say to her father about Tom Geist's advice?
Short Essay Questions
1. April manages to get out of the house and into the yard. She thinks she will be safe there but what happens?
2. The day after April's father tells her she can't go to the university of her choice, she has made a decision to go home to Norwood. How does she plan to do this?
3. When April and Lorelei stop for dinner, her grandmother is worried about the road map, which turns up missing. Why is Lorelei worried about it?
4. When April gets home from the movie, her parents have obviously been arguing. What does her father then tell April?
5. April had agreed to go to a movie with Larry because it was a group event. At the movie she meets Abby, who sat next to her on the plane. How does April handle this situation?
6. April feels some sympathy for her father and decides the Disney World trip might be a good idea after all. What is the drive to Orlando like?
7. What is April's reaction to her uncomfortable feelings during the movie? What does she then do?
8. What is the final outcome of Chapter 18?
9. The day after Amy's party, April is hungover and depressed. What does her father tell her that makes everything seem so bad that she just wants to get out and go back to Norwood?
10. What does April find out about from Jodi while she is talking to her at Disney World? How does she feel about this?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)