|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way home from the movies, what does Abby ask April about?
(a) The weather in Virginia.
(b) Her family.
(c) If she likes Larry.
(d) Why she is in Grove City.
2. What does April tell her parents when she meets them at the Disney World gate?
(a) That she wants to go home.
(b) That she had run into Jodi.
(c) That she loved Disney World.
(d) That she had lost Bram.
3. As they talk about the day's plans, what does Mr. Corrigan say about his involvement in the world of crime?
(a) That he'd do it all over again.
(b) That he has hidden several million dollars in Virginia.
(c) That he wanted to be a hero.
(d) That it is all Max's fault.
4. Jodi demands to know why April left Norwood. What does April say?
(a) That her parents needed a vacation.
(b) That she had to have emergency surgery.
(c) That her parents lost all their money.
(d) That her father had a temporary job in Japan.
5. At some point during their trip, April and her grandmother realize something may have been stolen from them. What is it?
(a) Their luggage.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their map with their route to Grove City.
(d) The dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. A few days after the family trip to Disney World, Kim calls. What does she talk to April about?
2. April's family escapes unharmed and the hitman is dead. What do they decide to do?
3. April's grandmother has had a visitor. How does April recognize who it is?
4. While her grandmother sleeps, what does April think is happening?
5. What stops April from leaving the theater all together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once the movie date starts, April is uncomfortable for a couple of reasons besides meeting Abby. Why?
2. When April gets home from the movie, her parents have obviously been arguing. What does her father then tell April?
3. April is worried about the car behind them and decides to do something. What is it and what is the resutl?
4. The day after Amy's party, April is hungover and depressed. What does her father tell her that makes everything seem so bad that she just wants to get out and go back to Norwood?
5. What does April find out about from Jodi while she is talking to her at Disney World? How does she feel about this?
6. The family stays at the Disney theme park during the morning and then April's parents head for Epcot Center while she stays with her brother. When Bram is on the Alice in Wonderland ride, Aprl hears someone call her name. Who is it and how does April handle the situation?
7. The day after April's father tells her she can't go to the university of her choice, she has made a decision to go home to Norwood. How does she plan to do this?
8. What is April's reaction to her uncomfortable feelings during the movie? What does she then do?
9. April manages to get out of the house and into the yard. She thinks she will be safe there but what happens?
10. April decides the only way to handle what she found out from Jodi is to continue playing tennis and going out with Larry. What happens at Amy's party? How does Larry react?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)