|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. April picks up the phone and hears her mother talking to Max. What does she overhear?
(a) Them arranging to have her father call the next day.
(b) Max saying they will be back home in two days.
(c) Max telling her mother that they are in danger for their lives.
(d) Her mother crying.
2. Why is April's father George away?
(a) He's involved in a trial.
(b) He's traveling on business.
(c) He's in the hospital.
(d) He's separated from her mother.
3. After the confrontation about the phone, and everyone else is asleep, what does April do?
(a) Mails a letter to her grandmother.
(b) Maisl a letter to Steve.
(c) Mails a letter to Max.
(d) Mails a letter to her father.
4. What does Larry say after April agrees to play too?
(a) That she is cheating.
(b) That she isn't bad "for a girl."
(c) That she is the best he's ever seen.
(d) That she needs to improve her skills.
5. Angry about being banned from using the hotel phone, where does April go to avoid Jim?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. April has a specific reason for being upset about not going home on Friday. What is it?
2. What is April's reaction to being taken away from her home?
3. Max Barber, an old friend of her father's, is at the house when April got home. What does Max do for a living?
4. Why doesn't April's grandmother want to join them in the witness protection program?
5. Why did April say she suspects the maid at the door was actually a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. The first night at the house in Grove City, April has a nightmare. What is it about?
2. Lorelei has shown up at school and takes April home. Who is Lorelei and what does April tell the reader about her in Chapter 2?
3. Very quickly, the Corrigans are on their way to the Richmond airport to relocate to Florida. Mrs. Corrigan travels with April and Mr. Corrigan with Bram. April finds herself sharing a seat with someone. Who is it and what does April tell her?
4. How does April react to the restrictions that Jim imposes on the Corrigans at the Mayflower?
5. Five days after their first meeting with the U.S. Marshal Rita Green, she comes back with their new identities. Where will the family be going and what will April's new identity be?
6. The Corrigans have come from a comfortable middle-class home in a nice city to a new house in Grove City. What is their first impression of their new town and home?
7. After they arrive at the Mayflower, what restrictions does Jim put on the Corrigans?
8. In Chapter 2, what does Max tell April and Lorelei that sets in motion the events that follow?
9. April goes behind the building because she hears a familiar sound. What is it and who does she meet there? What does April do?
10. The night after April overhears the phone conversation between Max and Jim, her father calls and talks to his wife. What does April's mother then tell April and Bram? Why is April so upset?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)