|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Max tells the family that they will probably be part of the Federal Witness Security Program. What is Mrs. Corrigan's reaction?
(a) She is horrified.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She thinks he is kidding.
2. What city does Jim take the Corrigans to?
(a) Washington, D.C.
3. Why doesn't April's grandmother want to join them in the witness protection program?
(a) She can't get along with her daughter.
(b) She is too old for such a change.
(c) She doesn't want to be around April and Bram all the time.
(d) She doesn't want to leave her friends and activities.
4. What grade is April in?
5. Within a few days of arriving in Florida, April has to get used to a big change. What is that?
(a) Her new high school.
(b) They move to a two-bedroom apartment.
(c) There are few teenagers in town.
(d) The family having a lot less money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school on Orange Avenue?
2. The FBI agents want April's father to nail his boss. Who is his boss?
3. Bram is upset about having his trait disguised, but he is also upset about something else. What is it?
4. What are the people that April sees behind the school doing?
5. How does the U.S. Marshals Service agent change April's appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lorelei has shown up at school and takes April home. Who is Lorelei and what does April tell the reader about her in Chapter 2?
2. April wakes up to her first morning in Grove City and decides to explore a bit. What is her first impression when she ventures outdoors?
3. The night after April overhears the phone conversation between Max and Jim, her father calls and talks to his wife. What does April's mother then tell April and Bram? Why is April so upset?
4. Five days after their first meeting with the U.S. Marshal Rita Green, she comes back with their new identities. Where will the family be going and what will April's new identity be?
5. After Jim's disappearance, the decision is made to move the family to Williamsburg. What is different about their situation in Williamsburg?
6. A few days after April's anger at Jim, she starts to feel guilty about how she spoke to him. He suggests a truce -- and tells her she is acting dumb but she is not stupid. What is one reason April decided to apologize?
7. The Corrigans have come from a comfortable middle-class home in a nice city to a new house in Grove City. What is their first impression of their new town and home?
8. Rita Green, the U.S. Marshal who is going to help the family with their relocation, suggests they go to California. Why is this idea discarded?
9. Who is waiting in the Corrigan house when April and her grandmother arrive home from school? Why is April uneasy about this?
10. How does April react to the restrictions that Jim imposes on the Corrigans at the Mayflower?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)