|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does her mother tell April at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) April's dad has a severe drug problem.
(b) April's dad is near death.
(c) April's dad has left the family.
(d) April's dad has been working with the FBI.
2. Why does Larry phone April soon after they met?
(a) He wants to ask her out.
(b) He wants to borrow their car.
(c) His sister wants to meet April.
(d) He wants to introduce Bram to his kid brother.
3. What does Mrs. Corrigan talk bitterly about to Tom Geist?
(a) Her children being taken out of school.
(b) Her husband putting them all in danger.
(c) The family having to move to such an awful place.
(d) Her mother staying behind in Norwood.
4. Why is April's father George away?
(a) He's separated from her mother.
(b) He's involved in a trial.
(c) He's in the hospital.
(d) He's traveling on business.
5. Max has some more bad news for the family. What is it?
(a) The parents and the children will have to be separated.
(b) Jim was murdered.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Corrigan will have to be separated.
(d) Bram and April will never see their grandmother again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What criminal activity has Mr. Corrigan been involved in?
2. What is the name of the school on Orange Avenue?
3. Finally, Jim apologizes about his treatment of April and the phone. What is April's reaction?
4. Jim tries to explain to April about the phone -- he is afraid she will do something "dumb." Who does he compare her to?
5. An unfamiliar hotel maid comes to the door while Jim is out. What does she try to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Rita tells the family that they have to get going asap because someone has contacted their grandmother. What happened and why is Rita concerned?
2. After April inspects the yard of her new home in Grove City, she starts to walk. Where does she go and what building does she come across?
3. After a while at the Mayflower, April realizes she will miss Steve's graduation and she has a tantrum. What does Jim tell her and how does she react?
4. April goes behind the building because she hears a familiar sound. What is it and who does she meet there? What does April do?
5. The family is told they will have to become part of the federal relocation plan to protect witnesses whose lives are threatened. How does Max explain how this works?
6. Rita Green, the U.S. Marshal who is going to help the family with their relocation, suggests they go to California. Why is this idea discarded?
7. In Chapter 1, April describes her world and makes it sound perfect. How does she do this?
8. After the family gets settled in Florida, life becomes dull. How do the Corrigans pass their time for the next three weeks?
9. In Chapter 6, what does Max tell the family about what happened to Jim?
10. A few days after April's anger at Jim, she starts to feel guilty about how she spoke to him. He suggests a truce -- and tells her she is acting dumb but she is not stupid. What is one reason April decided to apologize?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)