|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does April decide to do after the phone call between Max and Jim ended?
(a) Not to tell her mother about it.
(b) To tell her mother about it.
(c) To demand an explanation from the FBI agents.
(d) Phone the local TV news and tell them everything.
2. On the way to Flordia, why does April's seatmate Abby laugh at her?
(a) She thinks April has no fashion sense.
(b) She tells Abby her name is April Gross.
(c) She thinks April's accent is funny.
(d) She thinks April's new hair cut is ridiculous.
3. Max finally shows up after Mrs. Corrigan calls him. What does he decide to do?
(a) Move the family to a different floor of the hotel.
(b) Send the family back to Norwood.
(c) Move the family out of the Mayflower.
(d) Fire Jim for leaving the hotel.
4. April is still listening on the phone and Jim comes back on the phone. What does Max tell Jim?
(a) That he is having second thoughts about hiding the family.
(b) That April is acting like a spoiled child.
(c) That Mr. Corrigan has disappeared.
(d) That the Corrigan family has been threatened.
5. The Corrigans switch cars. According to Max, why do they do this?
(a) Jim can't drive a stick shift.
(b) They were followed.
(c) In case they were followed.
(d) Max needs his car for another case.
6. What are the new names given to April's parents by the U.S. Marshals Service?
(a) Robert and Elaine.
(b) Philip and Ellen.
(c) Mike and Susan.
(d) Joe and Elise.
7. What is April's impression of her new house's yard the next morning?
(a) It is okay.
(b) She doesn't like sharing it with the neighbors.
(c) She is pleasantly surprised.
(d) She thinks it lacks vegetation.
8. Why is April's father George away?
(a) He's in the hospital.
(b) He's separated from her mother.
(c) He's involved in a trial.
(d) He's traveling on business.
9. What is April thinking when she looks at her mother on the plane?
(a) She realizes she only has her family now.
(b) She is angry at her mother for what is happening.
(c) She is hoping her mother will be able to write again.
(d) She thinks she looks like a stranger.
10. Why is April's father surprised the U.S Marshals Service wants to settle them in Florida?
(a) It is a retirement destination.
(b) It is even hotter than Virginia.
(c) It has a high drug crime rate.
(d) It has very little industry.
11. How does the U.S. Marshals Service agent change April's appearance?
(a) By changing her eye color with contacts.
(b) By cutting her hair.
(c) By telling her to gain 20 lbs.
(d) By dying her hair.
12. How does the family travel to Florida?
(a) By train.
(b) On the same plane.
(c) April and her mother take the train, the guys go by plane.
(d) Mr. Corrigan and Bram on one plane, Mrs. Corrigan and April on another.
13. What has April just celebrated at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The first anniversary of dating her boyfriend.
(b) Her seventeenth birthday.
(c) Her boyfriend's birthday.
(d) Her winning a sports championship.
14. What lie does April tell Kim and Larry?
(a) That she is from Durham, NC.
(b) That she is from Atlanta, GA.
(c) That she is from Washington, DC.
(d) That she is from New York City.
15. What does Max tell the family about April's father?
(a) He has been charged with murder.
(b) He was shot that morning at the trial.
(c) He will be coming home soon.
(d) He has been arrested for possession of drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Max turns the family over to Jim Peterson. What is Jim going to do for them?
2. What happens to Bram in Sarasota?
3. What does her mother tell April at the end of Chapter 2?
4. Who arrives from the U.S. Marshals Service to help the family assume their new identities?
5. What is the family's reaction after seeing their new house?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)