|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the Mayflower Hotel, who does Max take the Corrigans to see in Williamsburg?
(a) April's grandmother.
(b) April's father, George.
(d) FBI Agent Bob Burrows.
2. Max tells the family that they will probably be part of the Federal Witness Security Program. What is Mrs. Corrigan's reaction?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is horrified.
(c) She thinks he is kidding.
(d) She is happy.
3. What does April think is the hardest thing for all of the family at the Mayfower?
(a) Missing their father and husband.
(b) The lack of activity.
(c) Having Jim around.
(d) The lack of privacy.
4. What is April thinking when she looks at her mother on the plane?
(a) She is hoping her mother will be able to write again.
(b) She is angry at her mother for what is happening.
(c) She thinks she looks like a stranger.
(d) She realizes she only has her family now.
5. What is April's impression of her new house's yard the next morning?
(a) She is pleasantly surprised.
(b) It is okay.
(c) She doesn't like sharing it with the neighbors.
(d) She thinks it lacks vegetation.
6. What has April just celebrated at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Her boyfriend's birthday.
(b) The first anniversary of dating her boyfriend.
(c) Her seventeenth birthday.
(d) Her winning a sports championship.
7. On the Wednesday night at the Mayflower, Mrs. Corrigan gets a call from her husband. What does she tell April and Bram?
(a) They will never return home.
(b) They won't be going home on the weekend.
(c) They won't be going home within a month.
(d) They won't be going home on Friday.
8. What does her mother tell April at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) April's dad has left the family.
(b) April's dad is near death.
(c) April's dad has a severe drug problem.
(d) April's dad has been working with the FBI.
9. What does Max tell April's grandmother that no one in the family can do?
(a) Leave Norwood.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Telephone anyone.
(d) Appear in public.
10. Who does April's father work for?
(a) Virginia Railroad.
(b) The Norwood Public School Board.
(c) The Richmond Rover newspaper.
(d) Southern Skyways.
11. What is one reason April doesn't like her name (Valerie)?
(a) It was the name of Steve's old girlfriend.
(b) She has trouble pronouncing it.
(c) It was the name of a girl she didn't like.
(d) She thinks it sounds silly.
12. Why does April get angry when Jim won't let her call Steve?
(a) She is worried Steve will be angry at her.
(b) She is upset that Jim didn't trust Steve.
(c) She feels like she is being treated like a child.
(d) She doesn't like any adult telling her what to do.
13. Max finally shows up after Mrs. Corrigan calls him. What does he decide to do?
(a) Fire Jim for leaving the hotel.
(b) Move the family to a different floor of the hotel.
(c) Move the family out of the Mayflower.
(d) Send the family back to Norwood.
14. April has a specific reason for being upset about not going home on Friday. What is it?
(a) She will miss Steve's birthday.
(b) She will miss the prom.
(c) She will miss going shopping with Sherry.
(d) She will miss an important sporting event she's playing in.
15. What happens to make April's first night in Grove City miserable?
(a) She has a weird dream.
(b) She misses her old friends.
(c) She has the stomach flu.
(d) She has a fight with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is April's relationship with Jim after their confrontation about the phone?
2. After the Corrigans leave Virginia, how does Vamp try to track down April's mother?
3. What does April decide to do after the phone call between Max and Jim ended?
4. What surprises April when she returns home to Lemon Lane from her first walk around Grove City?
5. What does Larry say after April agrees to play too?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)