|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is April in?
2. How does April's last normal day at Springside Academy end?
(a) She goes home sick.
(b) She cuts class to be with Steve.
(c) Her grandmother picks her up.
(d) She stays at school to finish an essay.
3. April is still listening on the phone and Jim comes back on the phone. What does Max tell Jim?
(a) That the Corrigan family has been threatened.
(b) That he is having second thoughts about hiding the family.
(c) That Mr. Corrigan has disappeared.
(d) That April is acting like a spoiled child.
4. What does Mrs. Corrigan talk bitterly about to Tom Geist?
(a) Her husband putting them all in danger.
(b) Her mother staying behind in Norwood.
(c) Her children being taken out of school.
(d) The family having to move to such an awful place.
5. After the apology about the phone, what does Jim offer to do to break the monotony of watching TV?
(a) To buy some board games.
(b) To get permission to let the family use the hotel gym.
(c) To buy them a computer.
(d) To buy them any junk food they want.
6. Jim tries to explain to April about the phone -- he is afraid she will do something "dumb." Who does he compare her to?
(b) His niece.
(c) His granddaughter.
(d) A five-year-old.
7. Where did April meet her boyfriend Steve?
(a) At a school meeting.
(b) At a barbeque.
(c) At a Christmas party.
(d) In English class.
8. Soon after the maid comes to the door, Mrs. Corrigan calls Max. Why?
(a) Jim has been injured in the scuffle.
(b) April tells them about the letter.
(c) Bram has disappeared.
(d) There's no sign of the maid or Jim.
9. What are the new names given to April's parents by the U.S. Marshals Service?
(a) Mike and Susan.
(b) Joe and Elise.
(c) Robert and Elaine.
(d) Philip and Ellen.
10. What does April's friend Sherry call April's room?
(a) The Princess Place.
(b) Princess April's Chamber.
(c) The Princess Room.
(d) Norwood Neverland.
11. On the way to Flordia, why does April's seatmate Abby laugh at her?
(a) She tells Abby her name is April Gross.
(b) She thinks April's accent is funny.
(c) She thinks April has no fashion sense.
(d) She thinks April's new hair cut is ridiculous.
12. When the family goes shopping in Grove City for the first time, what does April get her dad to buy for her?
(a) Some make up.
(b) A tennis racket.
(c) A lot of new clothes.
(d) A ghetto blaster.
13. What is the family's reaction after seeing their new house?
(a) They cry.
(b) They laugh hysterically.
(c) They can't believe it.
(d) They say they'll make the best of it.
14. Who arrives from the U.S. Marshals Service to help the family assume their new identities?
(a) Rona Green.
(b) Rona Brown.
(c) Rita Green.
(d) Rita Brown.
15. What does Max tell the family about April's father?
(a) He was shot that morning at the trial.
(b) He has been charged with murder.
(c) He will be coming home soon.
(d) He has been arrested for possession of drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is April's grandmother's name?
2. Why did April say she suspects the maid at the door was actually a man?
3. In Williamsburg, what does the family do every evening?
4. What advice does Tom Geist give the family about their social life?
5. What happens to Bram in Sarasota?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)