|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of job is suggested for George, once he is in the witness protection program?
(a) Running his own business.
(b) Night watchman.
(c) Freelance writer.
(d) Bus driver.
2. Why is April surprised to see her grandmother at Springside Academy?
(a) Her grandmother is very old and disabled.
(b) Her grandmother hasn't spoken to April's mother for several weeks.
(c) April and her grandmother don't get along.
(d) Her grandmother lives hundreds of miles away.
3. What is waiting for the Corrigans when they reach the airport in Florida?
(a) A car.
(b) A sealed package with keys and directions to their new home.
(c) A U.S. Marshal.
(d) A crate of complimentary oranges.
4. How does the U.S. Marshals Service agent change April's appearance?
(a) By cutting her hair.
(b) By dying her hair.
(c) By changing her eye color with contacts.
(d) By telling her to gain 20 lbs.
5. What does Jim forbid Bram and April to use at the hotel in case someone is looking for them?
(a) The hallways.
(b) Room service.
(c) The elevators.
(d) The swimming pool.
6. What lie does April tell Kim and Larry?
(a) That she is from Atlanta, GA.
(b) That she is from Durham, NC.
(c) That she is from Washington, DC.
(d) That she is from New York City.
7. Max has some more bad news for the family. What is it?
(a) Jim was murdered.
(b) The parents and the children will have to be separated.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Corrigan will have to be separated.
(d) Bram and April will never see their grandmother again.
8. What criminal activity has Mr. Corrigan been involved in?
(a) Smuggling cocaine.
(b) Hiring illegal aliens.
(c) Passing bad checks.
(d) A car-theft ring.
9. How many children are in the Corrigan family?
10. What is the family's reaction after seeing their new house?
(a) They can't believe it.
(b) They laugh hysterically.
(c) They say they'll make the best of it.
(d) They cry.
11. Why doesn't Mr. Corrigan want his wife to continue with her career in Florida?
(a) They don't need the extra money.
(b) He was always jealous of her career.
(c) He thinks it might blow their cover.
(d) She would have to leave home to work.
12. When the family goes shopping in Grove City for the first time, what does April get her dad to buy for her?
(a) A tennis racket.
(b) Some make up.
(c) A ghetto blaster.
(d) A lot of new clothes.
13. Why doesn't April's grandmother want to join them in the witness protection program?
(a) She is too old for such a change.
(b) She doesn't want to be around April and Bram all the time.
(c) She doesn't want to leave her friends and activities.
(d) She can't get along with her daughter.
14. Who arrives from the U.S. Marshals Service to help the family assume their new identities?
(a) Rita Brown.
(b) Rona Brown.
(c) Rita Green.
(d) Rona Green.
15. April finds out more information on what happened to her father the day after he phones her mother. How does this happen?
(a) Their grandmother calls.
(b) They receive a letter from Mr. Corrigan.
(c) Jim buys a newspaper.
(d) They see it on the televison news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April think is the hardest thing for all of the family at the Mayfower?
2. In Williamsburg, what does the family do every evening?
3. What does her mother tell April at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What surprises April when she returns home to Lemon Lane from her first walk around Grove City?
5. Who does April's father work for?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)