|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soon after the maid comes to the door, Mrs. Corrigan calls Max. Why?
(a) Jim has been injured in the scuffle.
(b) There's no sign of the maid or Jim.
(c) Bram has disappeared.
(d) April tells them about the letter.
2. What advice does Tom Geist give the family about their social life?
(a) To make a list all the things they can tell other people.
(b) To limit it to one or two families.
(c) To choose their friends carefully.
(d) To not have a social life at all.
3. What does Larry say after April agrees to play too?
(a) That she isn't bad "for a girl."
(b) That she needs to improve her skills.
(c) That she is the best he's ever seen.
(d) That she is cheating.
4. What does Larry ask April to do after they play tennis for the first time?
(a) To join him at the club that night.
(b) To go to church with him on Sunday.
(c) To play again tomorrow.
(d) To introduce him to her family.
5. Who does April meet behind the school on Orange Avenue?
(a) Two young men.
(b) A middle-aged couple from the Grove City Country Club.
(c) Four teenagers.
(d) Two teenagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Geist gives Mr. Corrigan the key to his new business. What kind of business is it?
2. Max Barber, an old friend of her father's, is at the house when April got home. What does Max do for a living?
3. Max turns the family over to Jim Peterson. What is Jim going to do for them?
4. April picks up the phone and hears her mother talking to Max. What does she overhear?
5. On the Wednesday night at the Mayflower, Mrs. Corrigan gets a call from her husband. What does she tell April and Bram?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)