|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the confrontation about the phone, and everyone else is asleep, what does April do?
(a) Maisl a letter to Steve.
(b) Mails a letter to Max.
(c) Mails a letter to her father.
(d) Mails a letter to her grandmother.
2. What is going to happen to April's family's dog, Porky?
(a) He'll go with them.
(b) He'll be sent to the dog pound.
(c) He's going to their grandmother's.
(d) Max will find a new home for him.
3. Why did April say she suspects the maid at the door was actually a man?
(a) She had a five o'clock shadow.
(b) She was over six feet tall.
(c) She had a very deep voice.
(d) She was very broad-shouldered.
4. What does April do to show her anger at Jim over phoning Steve?
(a) She swears at him.
(b) She goes into a bedroom and slams the door.
(c) She throws a book at him.
(d) She sits in the corner and refuses to talk to anyone.
5. Why is April astonished that her father would help the FBI?
(a) He is not a risk taker.
(b) He is hiding his criminal past.
(c) He hates all law enforcement agencies.
(d) He has severe health problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way to Flordia, why does April's seatmate Abby laugh at her?
2. Jim shows up while the maid is at the door and stops her. What happens next?
3. Max Barber, an old friend of her father's, is at the house when April got home. What does Max do for a living?
4. What sport is April very involved in?
5. Because they have to stay on at the hotel, April has a tantrum and Jim calls her immature. What does he tell her he will do about the phone?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)