|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does April's mother explain her husband's involvement with the FBI?
(a) She thinks her husband is having a midlife crisis.
(b) She says he has been threatened by criminals.
(c) She says his old friend Max forced him into it.
(d) She thinks he has been offered a huge payoff to help them.
2. What does her mother tell April at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) April's dad is near death.
(b) April's dad has left the family.
(c) April's dad has been working with the FBI.
(d) April's dad has a severe drug problem.
3. An unfamiliar hotel maid comes to the door while Jim is out. What does she try to do?
(a) Force April to take a gun for her protection.
(b) Clean the bathroom while April is doing her hair.
(c) Force her way into the room.
(d) Convince April to tell her where her father is.
4. What does Max tell the family about April's father?
(a) He was shot that morning at the trial.
(b) He will be coming home soon.
(c) He has been charged with murder.
(d) He has been arrested for possession of drugs.
5. What is the name of the school on Orange Avenue?
(a) Grove City Academy.
(b) Grove City Public School.
(c) Grove City High School.
(d) Grove City Secondary School.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is April's father George away?
2. What is waiting for the Corrigans when they reach the airport in Florida?
3. After Jim leaves to arrange a way to break the monotony, April feels guilty. Why?
4. Why is April astonished that her father would help the FBI?
5. Max tells the family that they will probably be part of the Federal Witness Security Program. What is Mrs. Corrigan's reaction?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)