|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is April's reaction to being taken away from her home?
(a) She has a panic attack.
(b) She thinks it's a big joke.
(c) It doesn't seem real.
(d) She is angry and screams at Max.
2. Max finally shows up after Mrs. Corrigan calls him. What does he decide to do?
(a) Fire Jim for leaving the hotel.
(b) Move the family out of the Mayflower.
(c) Send the family back to Norwood.
(d) Move the family to a different floor of the hotel.
3. What criminal activity has Mr. Corrigan been involved in?
(a) A car-theft ring.
(b) Passing bad checks.
(c) Smuggling cocaine.
(d) Hiring illegal aliens.
4. Who does April's father work for?
(a) Southern Skyways.
(b) Virginia Railroad.
(c) The Richmond Rover newspaper.
(d) The Norwood Public School Board.
5. What is the first place Max takes the family?
(a) The Colonial Inn.
(b) To the mall to buy supplies.
(c) To their schools to sign out.
(d) The Federal Building.
Short Answer Questions
1. April finds out more information on what happened to her father the day after he phones her mother. How does this happen?
2. Soon after the maid comes to the door, Mrs. Corrigan calls Max. Why?
3. The Corrigans switch cars. According to Max, why do they do this?
4. April is still listening on the phone and Jim comes back on the phone. What does Max tell Jim?
5. The trial has ended but the family must stay at the hotel. Why?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)