|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the apology about the phone, what does Jim offer to do to break the monotony of watching TV?
(a) To buy them any junk food they want.
(b) To buy some board games.
(c) To buy them a computer.
(d) To get permission to let the family use the hotel gym.
2. What does April consider the "high-point" of the day at the Mayflower?
(a) When her brother takes a nap.
(b) When they get the room service meals.
(c) When she can spend time in the bathroom alone.
(d) When she can sit on the balcony and read.
3. How many children are in the Corrigan family?
4. Who does April's father work for?
(a) The Richmond Rover newspaper.
(b) Virginia Railroad.
(c) The Norwood Public School Board.
(d) Southern Skyways.
5. How long does the Corrigan family stay at the Mayflower Hotel?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two and half weeks.
(d) A couple of days.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the hotel bedroom, April sees a phone. What does she plan to do?
2. What does Jim forbid Bram and April to use at the hotel in case someone is looking for them?
3. Why is April surprised to see her grandmother at Springside Academy?
4. Who does Max say the maid at the door really was?
5. Where did April and her family live at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)