|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. April picks up the phone and hears her mother talking to Max. What does she overhear?
(a) Them arranging to have her father call the next day.
(b) Max saying they will be back home in two days.
(c) Her mother crying.
(d) Max telling her mother that they are in danger for their lives.
2. Soon after the maid comes to the door, Mrs. Corrigan calls Max. Why?
(a) There's no sign of the maid or Jim.
(b) Bram has disappeared.
(c) April tells them about the letter.
(d) Jim has been injured in the scuffle.
3. April finds out more information on what happened to her father the day after he phones her mother. How does this happen?
(a) They see it on the televison news.
(b) Jim buys a newspaper.
(c) They receive a letter from Mr. Corrigan.
(d) Their grandmother calls.
4. Why did April say she suspects the maid at the door was actually a man?
(a) She had a five o'clock shadow.
(b) She was over six feet tall.
(c) She was very broad-shouldered.
(d) She had a very deep voice.
5. Why does April get angry when Jim won't let her call Steve?
(a) She is upset that Jim didn't trust Steve.
(b) She feels like she is being treated like a child.
(c) She is worried Steve will be angry at her.
(d) She doesn't like any adult telling her what to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did April and her family live at the beginning of the novel?
2. Why does April want to call her boyfriend from the hotel?
3. After the apology about the phone, what does Jim offer to do to break the monotony of watching TV?
4. What is going to happen to April's family's dog, Porky?
5. What criminal activity has Mr. Corrigan been involved in?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)