|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does her mother tell April at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) April's dad has a severe drug problem.
(b) April's dad has left the family.
(c) April's dad has been working with the FBI.
(d) April's dad is near death.
2. Why does April get angry when Jim won't let her call Steve?
(a) She doesn't like any adult telling her what to do.
(b) She feels like she is being treated like a child.
(c) She is upset that Jim didn't trust Steve.
(d) She is worried Steve will be angry at her.
3. While in the hotel bedroom, April sees a phone. What does she plan to do?
(a) Behave maturely and not phone anyone.
(b) Phone her friend Sherry.
(c) Phone her grandmother.
(d) Phone Steve.
4. What does Max tell April's grandmother that no one in the family can do?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Leave Norwood.
(c) Telephone anyone.
(d) Appear in public.
5. Why is April's father George away?
(a) He's traveling on business.
(b) He's separated from her mother.
(c) He's involved in a trial.
(d) He's in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April decide to do after the phone call between Max and Jim ended?
2. The Corrigans switch cars. According to Max, why do they do this?
3. What is the first place Max takes the family?
4. What does April's friend Sherry call April's room?
5. How many children are in the Corrigan family?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)