|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the Wednesday night at the Mayflower, Mrs. Corrigan gets a call from her husband. What does she tell April and Bram?
(a) They won't be going home on the weekend.
(b) They won't be going home within a month.
(c) They will never return home.
(d) They won't be going home on Friday.
2. How is April's relationship with Jim after their confrontation about the phone?
(a) Angry and resentful.
(b) Polite but strained.
(c) She cries a lot and begs him to change his mind.
(d) She gives him the silent treatment.
3. April is still listening on the phone and Jim comes back on the phone. What does Max tell Jim?
(a) That he is having second thoughts about hiding the family.
(b) That April is acting like a spoiled child.
(c) That the Corrigan family has been threatened.
(d) That Mr. Corrigan has disappeared.
4. While in the hotel bedroom, April sees a phone. What does she plan to do?
(a) Behave maturely and not phone anyone.
(b) Phone Steve.
(c) Phone her friend Sherry.
(d) Phone her grandmother.
5. What trait does Bram have that the U.S. Marshals Service decide must be disguised?
(a) He has one blue eye and one brown eye.
(b) He wears two hearing aids.
(c) He has bright red hair.
(d) He lost his eyebrows and eyelashes due to illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim shows up while the maid is at the door and stops her. What happens next?
2. What does her mother tell April at the end of Chapter 2?
3. Max finally shows up after Mrs. Corrigan calls him. What does he decide to do?
4. Why did April say she suspects the maid at the door was actually a man?
5. What does April consider the "high-point" of the day at the Mayflower?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)