|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way home from the movies, what does Abby ask April about?
(a) If she likes Larry.
(b) The weather in Virginia.
(c) Why she is in Grove City.
(d) Her family.
2. While her grandmother sleeps, what does April think is happening?
(a) Someone is trying to break in.
(b) A tornado is approaching.
(c) Porky the dog is chewing up a suitcase.
(d) The police are looking for them.
3. What kind of feeling does April have as she waits for her grandmother to get money at the ATM?
(a) That someone is going to rob her grandmother.
(b) That everything will end up alright.
(c) That something is going to go terribly wrong.
(d) That someone is watching them.
4. Max finally shows up after Mrs. Corrigan calls him. What does he decide to do?
(a) Move the family to a different floor of the hotel.
(b) Send the family back to Norwood.
(c) Fire Jim for leaving the hotel.
(d) Move the family out of the Mayflower.
5. After Jim leaves to arrange a way to break the monotony, April feels guilty. Why?
(a) She feels she should tell him about mailing the letter.
(b) She feels she has been really childish lately.
(c) She said awful things about Jim in the letter she mailed.
(d) She called Jim some horrible names over the issue of the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, Jim apologizes about his treatment of April and the phone. What is April's reaction?
2. April leaves the lobby and goes into the movie theater's restroom. What does she overhear there?
3. What does April help her grandmother do after they decide to head for Florida?
4. April almost tells her parents about something that happened that evening. What is it?
5. What does April overhear in the movie theater restroom that makes her very angry?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)