|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is April's relationship with Jim after their confrontation about the phone?
(a) Polite but strained.
(b) She cries a lot and begs him to change his mind.
(c) She gives him the silent treatment.
(d) Angry and resentful.
2. After April gets home from the movie, what does her father tell her that Tom Geist advises?
(a) That the family can't join a local church.
(b) That they should get out of Grove City.
(c) That she not go out for the school tennis team.
(d) That April go live with her grandmother.
3. April almost tells her parents about something that happened that evening. What is it?
(a) That Larry had gotten too friendly.
(b) That some of the people she'd met didn't like her.
(c) That she heard two girls talking about her.
(d) That she had met Abby in Grove City.
4. Angry about being banned from using the hotel phone, where does April go to avoid Jim?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The hallway.
(d) The balcony.
5. Max finally shows up after Mrs. Corrigan calls him. What does he decide to do?
(a) Move the family out of the Mayflower.
(b) Send the family back to Norwood.
(c) Fire Jim for leaving the hotel.
(d) Move the family to a different floor of the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby accuse April of?
2. What kind of car does April's grandmother have?
3. Why did April say she suspects the maid at the door was actually a man?
4. What kind of feeling does April have as she waits for her grandmother to get money at the ATM?
5. After the apology about the phone, what does Jim offer to do to break the monotony of watching TV?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)