|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the narrator go with Charlie on their honeymoon in Chapter 39: "Charlie"?
(a) The South Luangwa National Park.
(b) Victoria Falls.
(c) The Angwa River.
(d) Cape Maclear.
2. The desk where Bobo did her correspondence lessons was next to what in Chapter 21: "School"?
(a) Her mother’s desk.
(b) Her sister’s desk.
(c) Her brother’s desk.
(d) Her father’s desk.
3. Why did Mum chide the narrator’s father when they visited her at the hospital in Chapter 28: "Charlie Chilvers"?
(a) They lacked money for the hospital bill.
(b) The cattle had not been sold.
(c) The girls’ hair and fingernails were dirty.
(d) The dogs had not been fed in days.
4. What did the Fullers fish for and catch during their outing in Chapter 31: "Moving On"?
5. What wild animal did Mum rescue in Chapter 37: "Balm in the Wounds"?
(a) A meerkat.
(b) An owl.
(c) A bat.
(d) A warthog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of Malawi is covered by a large lake?
2. What high school did Bobo attend in Chapter 32: "Malawi"?
3. How many acres of grounds did the boarding school have that Bobo began attending?
4. Mum is described in Chapter 30: "Nervous Breakdown" as being as scary as what?
5. What did Vanessa do when Bobo asked about the baby in Chapter 29: "Richard"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Bobo’s father went to retrieve their mother from the hospital in Chapter 29: "Richard"?
2. When did Bobo begin attending boarding school in Chapter 21: "School"? How was the school described?
3. When did Vanessa leave for boarding school in Chapter 21: "School"? Where did Bobo complete her studies at this time?
4. How was the Fuller family home described in Chapter 37: "Balm in the Wounds"?
5. How does the narrator describe the new black and mixed race students at her school in Chapter 22: "Independence"?
6. How was Devuli Ranch described in Chapter 27: "Ranch Work"? Why did Dad herd the cattle gently there?
7. How does the narrator describe the recent events in Mum’s life in Chapter 40: "Now"?
8. What action did Mum take in Chapter 31: "Moving On" that caused concern for the family? How did the action play out?
9. Where was the Fullers’ farm located in Chapter 36: "Mkushi"? How were the people described?
10. How does the narrator describe the history of land acclimation in Rhodesia in Chapter 23: "Losing Robandi"?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)