|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mum believe the ranch managers were attempting to do in Chapter 30: "Nervous Breakdown"?
(a) Rape her.
(b) Poison her.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Send her secret messages.
2. How many peasant farmers each raised one acre of tobacco at the farm when the Fullers arrived in Chapter 32: "Malawi"?
3. Vanessa announced a plan for the family to take a picnic where in Chapter 31: "Moving On"?
(a) On the coast.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) At the dam.
(d) In the woods.
4. What did the narrator and her sister transform into a nursery in Chapter 29: "Richard"?
(a) A storeroom.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) An attic.
5. Serioes Farm was three to six hours from what impoverished town, according to the narrator in Chapter 36: "Mkushi”?
6. How old was Bobo when Vanessa went away to boarding school in Chapter 21: "School"?
7. For how long did the narrator’s father accept a job appointment in Chapter 24: "Devuli"?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 6 months.
8. Why did Mum chide the narrator’s father when they visited her at the hospital in Chapter 28: "Charlie Chilvers"?
(a) They lacked money for the hospital bill.
(b) The cattle had not been sold.
(c) The girls’ hair and fingernails were dirty.
(d) The dogs had not been fed in days.
9. What was the name of the tobacco farm Dad was hired to manage in Chapter 32: "Malawi"?
10. After how many days did Bobo and her sister learn that their parents had gone on a vacation without them in Chapter 29: "Richard"?
11. What percentage of Malawi is covered by a large lake?
12. What did the narrator’s sister convince her to eat to help her when the narrator was ill in Chapter 26: "Loo Paper and Coke"?
(a) An apple.
(b) An orange.
13. What was the name of the baby Vanessa gave birth to in Chapter 40: "Now"?
(a) Natasya Isabelle Jayne.
(b) Jayne Isabelle Vanessa.
(c) Nicola Vanessa Jayne.
(d) Isabelle Vanessa Jayne.
14. What did Bobo throw in Chapter 30: "Nervous Breakdown"?
(a) A chair.
(b) A plate.
(c) An ancient pot.
(d) A painting.
15. The narrator’s father told Charlie that there was a good Anglican Bishop where in Chapter 39: "Charlie"?
(a) The Quartz Valley Region.
(b) The Gold Vein Region.
(c) The Silverstrike Region.
(d) The Copperbelt region.
Short Answer Questions
1. What high school did Bobo attend in Chapter 32: "Malawi"?
2. What was Mum diagnosed with in Chapter 40: "Now"?
3. What was the name of the kitten that the Fullers adopted in Chapter 37: "Balm in the Wounds"?
4. What name did Bobo and her sister choose for the baby born in Chapter 28: "Charlie Chilvers"?
5. What word from the narrative refers to the British slang for bathroom?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)