|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The desk where Bobo did her correspondence lessons was next to what in Chapter 21: "School"?
(a) Her mother’s desk.
(b) Her father’s desk.
(c) Her sister’s desk.
(d) Her brother’s desk.
2. Serioes Farm was three to six hours from what impoverished town, according to the narrator in Chapter 36: "Mkushi”?
3. What was Bobo called after she began attending boarding school?
4. What did the narrator contract from drinking river water in Chapter 26: "Loo Paper and Coke"?
5. How old was Bobo when she was sent to boarding school?
6. What kind of company did Charlie run when Bobo met him in Chapter 39: "Charlie"?
(a) A fishing guide service.
(b) A construction firm.
(c) A safari company.
(d) A photography company.
7. Vanessa was expecting her what child in Chapter 40: "Now"?
8. What did Bobo vow to herself as the family drove home in Chapter 26: "Loo Paper and Coke"?
(a) To travel to Spain.
(b) To return to England soon.
(c) To visit America.
(d) To never leave Africa.
9. According to the narrator in Chapter 32: "Malawi,” the rivers and lakes of Malawi were stocked with trout from where?
10. Everyone spent the evening dancing until what occurred in Chapter 31: "Moving On"?
(a) The rains came.
(b) The police arrived.
(c) The generator died.
(d) The house lit on fire.
11. What was the name of the kitten that the Fullers adopted in Chapter 37: "Balm in the Wounds"?
12. What was the name of the Fullers’ cook in Chapter 30: "Nervous Breakdown"?
13. Where was Charlie Chilvers from?
14. According to the narrator in Chapter 36: "Mkushi,” Zambia had been independent since October of what year?
15. At what time did the narrator and her sister awaken to go to town in Chapter 28: "Charlie Chilvers"?
(a) 3:15 a.m.
(b) 6:45 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 5:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mum chide the narrator’s father when they visited her at the hospital in Chapter 28: "Charlie Chilvers"?
2. One in how many people had AIDS in the area of Zambia described in Chapter 36: "Mkushi"?
3. For how long did the narrator and her sister go on a trip with their father in Chapter 26: "Loo Paper and Coke"?
4. According to the narrator in Chapter 36: "Mkushi,” Zambia was currently ruled by whom?
5. In Chapter 23: "Losing Robandi,” the narrator states that at the beginning of the war, how many acres of the 96 million in Rhodesia were set aside for whites only?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)