|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in Chapter 32: "Malawi,” the rivers and lakes of Malawi were stocked with trout from where?
2. The narrator’s father told Charlie that there was a good Anglican Bishop where in Chapter 39: "Charlie"?
(a) The Gold Vein Region.
(b) The Silverstrike Region.
(c) The Copperbelt region.
(d) The Quartz Valley Region.
3. In Chapter 23: "Losing Robandi,” the narrator states that white settlers had been tricking black Africans out of land since what year?
4. What was the name of the kitten that the Fullers adopted in Chapter 37: "Balm in the Wounds"?
5. What did Mum call for Dad to bring her when she was wading in the water in Chapter 31: "Moving On"?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A beer.
(c) A piece of cake.
(d) A sandwich.
6. After how many days did Bobo and her sister learn that their parents had gone on a vacation without them in Chapter 29: "Richard"?
7. What did Mum believe the ranch managers were attempting to do in Chapter 30: "Nervous Breakdown"?
(a) Send her secret messages.
(b) Poison her.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Rape her.
8. How old was Bobo when Vanessa went away to boarding school in Chapter 21: "School"?
9. Serioes Farm was three to six hours from what impoverished town, according to the narrator in Chapter 36: "Mkushi”?
10. What name did Bobo and her sister choose for the baby born in Chapter 28: "Charlie Chilvers"?
(a) Abel Tendekay Fuller.
(b) Robert Gabriel Fuller.
(c) Hastings Kamuzu Fuller.
(d) Richard Steven Fuller.
11. According to the narrator in Chapter 36: "Mkushi,” the current leader of Zambia was the son of whom?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A missionary.
(d) A lawyer.
12. Everyone spent the evening dancing until what occurred in Chapter 31: "Moving On"?
(a) The generator died.
(b) The rains came.
(c) The house lit on fire.
(d) The police arrived.
13. What percentage of Malawi is covered by a large lake?
14. What word from Chapter 22: "Independence" refers to a cessation of hostilities?
15. What was the name of the tobacco farm Dad was hired to manage in Chapter 32: "Malawi"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What age did Bobo turn in Chapter 38: "The Last Christmas"?
2. What was Bobo called after she began attending boarding school?
3. Where was Charlie Chilvers from?
4. In Chapter 23: "Losing Robandi,” the narrator states that at the beginning of the war, how many acres of the 96 million in Rhodesia were set aside for whites only?
5. What word from the narrative refers to the British slang for bathroom?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)