|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Malawi in relation to Zimbabwe?
(a) Malawi is north of Zimbabwe.
(b) Malawi is west of Zimbabwe.
(c) Malawi is south of Zimbabwe.
(d) Malawi is east of Zimbabwe.
2. What did the narrator’s sister convince her to eat to help her when the narrator was ill in Chapter 26: "Loo Paper and Coke"?
(a) An orange.
(c) An apple.
3. What percentage of Malawi is covered by a large lake?
4. How does the narrator describe the desk she did her correspondence lessons at in Chapter 21: "School"?
(a) Wide and yellow.
(b) Tiny and blue.
(c) Large and red.
(d) Short and green.
5. For how long did the narrator’s father accept a job appointment in Chapter 24: "Devuli"?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 months.
6. Soon after the 1980 elections, Bobo was one of only how many white students at her boarding school in Chapter 22: "Independence"?
7. What word in the book refers to a compact 9mm submachine gun?
8. What was the name of the tobacco farm Dad was hired to manage in Chapter 32: "Malawi"?
9. What word from Chapter 22: "Independence" refers to a cessation of hostilities?
10. According to the narrator in Chapter 36: "Mkushi,” Zambia had been independent since October of what year?
11. In Chapter 23: "Losing Robandi,” the narrator states that at the beginning of the war, how many acres of the 96 million in Rhodesia were set aside for whites only?
(a) 82 million.
(b) 25 million.
(c) 48 million.
(d) 65 million.
12. At what time did the narrator and her sister awaken to go to town in Chapter 28: "Charlie Chilvers"?
(a) 6:45 a.m.
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 5:30 a.m.
(d) 3:15 a.m.
13. What name did Bobo and her sister choose for the baby born in Chapter 28: "Charlie Chilvers"?
(a) Abel Tendekay Fuller.
(b) Robert Gabriel Fuller.
(c) Richard Steven Fuller.
(d) Hastings Kamuzu Fuller.
14. What did the Fuller family eat at every meal after the narrator’s father accepted a job appointment in Chapter 24: "Devuli"?
15. Who did the narrator and her sister stay with while their father went to fetch their mother in Chapter 29: "Richard"?
(a) Charlie Chilvers.
(b) Robert Mugabe.
(c) Roly Swift.
(d) Oliver Chiweshe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Chapter 31: "Moving On" refers to any of several (usually white) herons that grow long, graceful plumes?
2. After Vanessa went away to boarding school in Chapter 21: "School,” Bobo received packets from the correspondence school located where?
3. What was Bobo called after she began attending boarding school?
4. One in how many people had AIDS in the area of Zambia described in Chapter 36: "Mkushi"?
5. What was the name of the Fullers’ cook in Chapter 30: "Nervous Breakdown"?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)