|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What students attended the C schools?
(a) White students.
(b) Black students.
(c) Mixed-race and Indian students.
(d) American students.
2. What did Bobo’s mother offer the border guard as a bribe in Chapter 2: "Getting There & Zambia 1987"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A gold coin.
3. In what country was Alexandra Fuller born?
4. Who came to take away the robbers in Chapter 19: "Violet"?
(a) The army.
(b) The Catholic priests.
(c) The police.
(d) The slave-owners.
5. The narrator’s mother had their cook serve the missionaries what kind of sandwiches in Chapter 14: "Missionaries 1975"?
(a) Egg salad.
(b) Peanut butter.
(c) Ham and cheese.
6. What color eyes does Bobo have?
7. Which students attended the A schools?
(a) Mixed-race and Indian students.
(b) Black students.
(c) American students.
(d) White students.
8. Kenya’s war for independence took place between what years, according to the narrator in Chapter 3: "Chimurenga I: Zambia, 1999"?
9. What were the rations issued to the narrator’s family called in Chapter 11: "War 1976"?
(a) “Rat packs.”
(b) “Squirrel food.”
(c) “Scum sacks.”
(d) “Badger bags.”
10. In what year was Alexandra Fuller born?
11. Bobo was sent to boarding school with her older sister in January of what year?
12. How many rescued dogs does the narrator describe her mother having surrounded herself with in Chapter 1: "Rhodesia, 1975"?
13. What did the narrator’s mother do when it was time to kill the rabbits on the farm for food in Chapter 7: "England 1969"?
(a) She killed them all.
(b) She fed them to the dogs.
(c) She let the cat into the cage.
(d) She set them free.
14. What was everyone treated to at the sale barn in Chapter 20: "Selling”?
(a) A six-course dinner.
(b) A buffet breakfast.
(c) Wine tastings.
(d) Cheese samples.
15. Where did the narrator, her mother, and her sister depart by train for Rhodesia in Chapter 7: "England 1969"?
(a) Cape Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most valuable of the items stolen in Chapter 19: "Violet"?
2. How many young white tourists hitchhiking did the Fuller family pick up in Chapter 17: "Vacation"?
3. According to the narrator in Chapter 6: "Coming-Back Babies,” if the proper rituals are not performed when an African infant dies, what happens?
4. What did the narrator’s father refer to the workers on the farm by in Chapter 19: "Violet"?
5. Mum often took Bobo with her to the police station which was located in what part of town in Chapter 11: "War 1976"?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)