|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vet did the narrator’s mother take the injured dogs to in Chapter 12: "Dog Rescue"?
(a) Uncle John.
(b) Uncle Bob.
(c) Uncle Pete.
(d) Uncle Roger.
2. Where in England did the Fullers buy a farm?
3. What word from Chapter 19: "Violet" refers to security pledged for the payment of a loan?
4. How old was Bobo in the beginning of Chapter 1: "Rhodesia, 1975"?
5. The narrator’s mother had their cook serve the missionaries what kind of sandwiches in Chapter 14: "Missionaries 1975"?
(a) Peanut butter.
(b) Ham and cheese.
(d) Egg salad.
6. In what month did the missionaries come to visit the Fuller home in Chapter 14: "Missionaries 1975"?
7. When did the medics arrive in Chapter 19: "Violet"?
(a) Just before dawn.
(b) Just before dusk.
(c) At dusk.
(d) Just after dawn.
8. Between what years does the narrator describe thousands of white European immigrants having stolen large tracts of land from the black Africans in Chapter 4: "Chimurenga: The Beginning"?
9. In what country was Alexandra Fuller born?
10. What were the rations issued to the narrator’s family called in Chapter 11: "War 1976"?
(a) “Scum sacks.”
(b) “Squirrel food.”
(c) “Badger bags.”
(d) “Rat packs.”
11. The Fullers’ farm in Rhodesia bordered what country?
12. On the trip taken by the Fullers in Chapter 17: "Vacation,” the narrator and her sister sang while their mother did what?
(d) Got drunk.
13. During Kenya’s war for independence, how many white settlers were killed, according to the narrator in Chapter 3: "Chimurenga I: Zambia, 1999"?
14. During Kenya’s war for independence, how many black Kenyans were killed, according to the narrator in Chapter 3: "Chimurenga I: Zambia, 1999"?
15. To what town did the Fullers move in Rhodesia before settling in Karoi?
(d) Cape Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the schools in Zambia were desegregated in Chapter 2: “Getting There & Zambia 1987,” Bobo was teased about her skin color, which was compared to what?
2. What word from Chapter 2: "Getting There & Zambia 1987" means to designate a school, park, etc. for use by all races or groups?
3. What did Bobo and her sister discover on the farm in Chapter 18: "Chimurenga, 1979"?
4. On what date was Olivia Jane Fuller born?
5. Bobo was sent to boarding school with her older sister in January of what year?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)