|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator’s mother had their cook serve the missionaries what kind of sandwiches in Chapter 14: "Missionaries 1975"?
(a) Peanut butter.
(b) Ham and cheese.
(c) Egg salad.
2. What color hair is Vanessa described as having in the narrative?
3. What did Vanessa demand at a neighbor’s house in Chapter 13: "Vanessa"?
(a) Dinner and dessert.
(b) Shelter and lunch.
(c) Dinner and a bed.
(d) Coffee and a muffin.
4. In Chapter 17: "Vacation,” Bobo exclaimed over the fact that the black Africans did not use modern farming methods of what?
(a) Soil augmentation.
(b) Rodent eradication.
(c) Soil conservation.
(d) Insect eradication.
5. What did Bobo and her sister discover on the farm in Chapter 18: "Chimurenga, 1979"?
(a) Two diamonds.
(b) A pile of bones.
(c) Abandoned rebel camps.
(d) An ammunition cache.
6. What caused Bobo to experience burning pain in her private areas?
(a) A spider bite.
(b) A tick bite.
(c) A bee sting.
(d) A snake bite.
7. Vanessa was older than Bobo by how many years?
8. How was life in the Fuller home described in the beginning of Chapter 16: "Afterward"?
(a) Saturated in fun.
(b) Wallowing in a dungeon.
(c) Sliced in half.
(d) As exciting as a church sermon.
9. What was everyone treated to at the sale barn in Chapter 20: "Selling”?
(a) Cheese samples.
(b) Wine tastings.
(c) A six-course dinner.
(d) A buffet breakfast.
10. When did the medics arrive in Chapter 19: "Violet"?
(a) Just before dusk.
(b) At dusk.
(c) Just after dawn.
(d) Just before dawn.
11. How old was Bobo when the school systems changed from A, B, and C schools?
12. The Fullers’ farm in Rhodesia bordered what country?
13. What vet did the narrator’s mother take the injured dogs to in Chapter 12: "Dog Rescue"?
(a) Uncle John.
(b) Uncle Bob.
(c) Uncle Pete.
(d) Uncle Roger.
14. What did the narrator’s mother see that caused her to put down her gun when the missionaries visited in Chapter 14: "Missionaries 1975"?
(a) Their hats.
(b) Their coats.
(c) Their crosses.
(d) Their Bibles.
15. According to the narrator in Chapter 6: "Coming-Back Babies,” in African tradition, an infant who dies must be buried among what?
(d) Tree roots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator’s father allow the farm workers to do to the robbers in Chapter 19: "Violet"?
2. What is the name of Rhodesia currently?
3. What did the narrator’s father refer to the workers on the farm by in Chapter 19: "Violet"?
4. In what country was Alexandra Fuller born?
5. In Mum's view, an African country controlled by whites was considered what?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)