|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the narrator, her mother, and her sister depart by train for Rhodesia in Chapter 7: "England 1969"?
(b) Cape Town.
2. In what year was Alexandra Fuller born?
3. At school, a policeman gave a presentation warning the children that bombs may be hidden in what in Chapter 10: "Chimunenga 1974"?
(a) Soccer balls.
(d) Cookie tins.
4. What is the name of Rhodesia currently?
5. What did the narrator’s mother see that caused her to put down her gun when the missionaries visited in Chapter 14: "Missionaries 1975"?
(a) Their coats.
(b) Their hats.
(c) Their crosses.
(d) Their Bibles.
6. What animal did the narrator’s mother shoot in Chapter 12: "Dog Rescue"?
(a) A baboon.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) A cobra.
7. What word from Chapter 19: "Violet" refers to security pledged for the payment of a loan?
8. Bobo was sent to boarding school with her older sister in January of what year?
9. What vet did the narrator’s mother take the injured dogs to in Chapter 12: "Dog Rescue"?
(a) Uncle Roger.
(b) Uncle Bob.
(c) Uncle Pete.
(d) Uncle John.
10. Which students attended the A schools?
(a) Black students.
(b) White students.
(c) Mixed-race and Indian students.
(d) American students.
11. What was everyone treated to at the sale barn in Chapter 20: "Selling”?
(a) A six-course dinner.
(b) Cheese samples.
(c) A buffet breakfast.
(d) Wine tastings.
12. Who came to take away the robbers in Chapter 19: "Violet"?
(a) The Catholic priests.
(b) The army.
(c) The police.
(d) The slave-owners.
13. Where did the narrator’s mother hold her up so that she could smell the spicy, woody scent of Africa in Chapter 7: "England 1969"?
(a) The South Luangwa National Park.
(b) Cape Horn.
(d) Cape Maclear.
14. With what family friend did the narrator’s parents leave her and her sister in Chapter 13: "Vanessa"?
(a) Tendai Chiweshe.
(b) Ian Douglas.
(c) Kenneth Kaunda.
(d) Roly Swift.
15. Between what years does the narrator describe thousands of white European immigrants having stolen large tracts of land from the black Africans in Chapter 4: "Chimurenga: The Beginning"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator’s father sell to local farmers in Chapter 7: "England 1969"?
2. How did the narrator’s parents respond when Vanessa told them that a family friend tried to molest her and her sister in Chapter 13: "Vanessa"?
3. What did Bobo pray for with the missionaries in Chapter 14: "Missionaries 1975"?
4. When did the medics arrive in Chapter 19: "Violet"?
5. To what town did the Fullers move in Rhodesia before settling in Karoi?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)