|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Fullers’ black maid in Rhodesia in Chapter 8: "Karoi"?
2. How did the narrator’s mother attempt to scare off the wild cattle in "Chimurenga, 1979"?
(a) By banging pans together.
(b) By screaming at them.
(c) By throwing rocks.
(d) By shooting them with Bobo’s air gun.
3. What word from the memoir refers to African antelopes with lyre-shaped horns?
4. What did the narrator’s mother do when it was time to kill the rabbits on the farm for food in Chapter 7: "England 1969"?
(a) She fed them to the dogs.
(b) She set them free.
(c) She let the cat into the cage.
(d) She killed them all.
5. What word from Chapter 31: "Moving On" refers to any of several (usually white) herons that grow long, graceful plumes?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Chapter 6: "Coming-Back Babies,” in African tradition, an infant who dies must be buried among what?
2. What did Bobo pray for with the missionaries in Chapter 14: "Missionaries 1975"?
3. Where did the narrator’s family begin spending weekends in Chapter 34: "The Goat Shed"?
4. Vanessa was older than Bobo by how many years?
5. What students attended the C schools?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)