|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in Chapter 6: "Coming-Back Babies,” in African tradition, an infant who dies must be buried among what?
(d) Tree roots.
2. The desk where Bobo did her correspondence lessons was next to what in Chapter 21: "School"?
(a) Her mother’s desk.
(b) Her father’s desk.
(c) Her brother’s desk.
(d) Her sister’s desk.
3. What was everyone treated to at the sale barn in Chapter 20: "Selling”?
(a) Wine tastings.
(b) Cheese samples.
(c) A six-course dinner.
(d) A buffet breakfast.
4. In Chapter 17: "Vacation,” Bobo exclaimed over the fact that the black Africans did not use modern farming methods of what?
(a) Soil conservation.
(b) Insect eradication.
(c) Soil augmentation.
(d) Rodent eradication.
5. What is the name of Bobo’s brother who died of meningitis before she was born?
(a) Adrian Fuller.
(b) Tim Fuller.
(c) Robert Fuller.
(d) Richard Fuller.
Short Answer Questions
1. At dinner the day after the Prime Minister elections in 1980, how many of the 200 boarders were left at Bobo’s school?
2. When did Bishop Abel Tendekay Muzorewa of the African National Council form an interim government of the country now called Zimbabwe-Rhodesia?
3. What did Mum call for Dad to bring her when she was wading in the water in Chapter 31: "Moving On"?
4. How did the narrator’s family try to appear in the hopes that buyers would offer a higher price in Chapter 20: "Selling”?
5. Who was defeating the Portuguese colonial government in Chapter 10: "Chimunenga 1974"?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)