|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the medics depart in Chapter 19: "Violet"?
(a) Before dusk.
(b) At dawn.
(c) After dusk.
(d) At dusk.
2. After the schools in Zambia were desegregated in Chapter 2: “Getting There & Zambia 1987,” Bobo was teased about her skin color, which was compared to what?
(a) Dusty charcoal.
(b) Roasting pork.
(c) Tree bark.
(d) A newborn elephant.
3. What did the Fuller family eat at every meal after the narrator’s father accepted a job appointment in Chapter 24: "Devuli"?
4. At what time did the narrator and her sister awaken to go to town in Chapter 28: "Charlie Chilvers"?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 3:15 a.m.
(c) 6:45 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
5. How old was Bobo in the beginning of Chapter 1: "Rhodesia, 1975"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Alexandra Fuller’s older sister in the narrative?
2. How many young white tourists hitchhiking did the Fuller family pick up in Chapter 17: "Vacation"?
3. Why did Mum chide the narrator’s father when they visited her at the hospital in Chapter 28: "Charlie Chilvers"?
4. Where did the narrator’s family go the day after the sale in Chapter 20: "Selling”?
5. Vanessa was older than Bobo by how many years?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)