|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the schools in Zambia were desegregated in Chapter 2: “Getting There & Zambia 1987,” Bobo was teased about her skin color, which was compared to what?
(a) Dusty charcoal.
(b) Tree bark.
(c) A newborn elephant.
(d) Roasting pork.
2. In what country was Alexandra Fuller born?
3. How old was Bobo when the school systems changed from A, B, and C schools?
4. How many rescued dogs does the narrator describe her mother having surrounded herself with in Chapter 1: "Rhodesia, 1975"?
5. What did the narrator’s mother do when it was time to kill the rabbits on the farm for food in Chapter 7: "England 1969"?
(a) She killed them all.
(b) She let the cat into the cage.
(c) She fed them to the dogs.
(d) She set them free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what years does the narrator describe thousands of white European immigrants having stolen large tracts of land from the black Africans in Chapter 4: "Chimurenga: The Beginning"?
2. What did Bobo’s mother offer the border guard as a bribe in Chapter 2: "Getting There & Zambia 1987"?
3. According to the narrator in Chapter 6: "Coming-Back Babies,” in African tradition, an infant who dies must be buried among what?
4. Bobo’s nickname was short for what?
5. What is the name of Bobo’s brother who died of meningitis before she was born?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)