|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator and her sister transform into a nursery in Chapter 29: "Richard"?
(a) A storeroom.
(b) An attic.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A bathroom.
2. In Chapter 23: "Losing Robandi,” the narrator states that at the beginning of the war, how many acres of the 96 million in Rhodesia were black Africans allowed to own?
(a) 12.5 million.
(b) 7.5 million.
(c) 18 million.
(d) 5 million.
3. After going to the sale barn, the narrator’s family stayed with a friend who had what in Chapter 20: "Selling”?
(a) A television.
(b) A horse.
(c) A radio.
(d) An elephant.
4. Who injured Violet in Chapter 19: "Violet"?
(a) Charlie Chilvers.
(b) Roly Swift.
(c) Uncle Bob.
5. Where did the narrator, her mother, and her sister depart by train for Rhodesia in Chapter 7: "England 1969"?
(d) Cape Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the rations issued to the narrator’s family called in Chapter 11: "War 1976"?
2. Where did the narrator’s mother hold her up so that she could smell the spicy, woody scent of Africa in Chapter 7: "England 1969"?
3. What did the narrator’s mother offer to the medics before they left in Chapter 19: "Violet"?
4. What animal did the narrator’s mother shoot in Chapter 12: "Dog Rescue"?
5. Vanessa announced a plan for the family to take a picnic where in Chapter 31: "Moving On"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)