|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the inn, what does Sancho happily observe?
2. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
3. How does the Duke get Sancho to agree to the self flagellation?
4. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
5. How does Cervantes work yet another side plot into his story at the point of boarding the ships?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
2. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
3. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
4. What happens on the River Ebro?
5. What event causes Don Diego to invite Don Quixote and Sancho to his house?
6. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
7. In spite of the set up of Sancho as governor of the island of Barataria, how does he do as a governor?
8. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
9. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
10. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an account of Sampson's training to become the Knight of the White Moon.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about what you would have been in the days of knights errant.
Essay Topic 3
Write an interview you might have with Don Quixote.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)