|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Quixote impress Don Diego de Miranda?
2. What does Quixote do when Sancho must leave to assume his governorship?
3. Because Quixote is so despondent, what does Sancho agree to do for money?
4. What plot does the Duchess hatch against Sancho?
5. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duchess use her conversation with Sancho Panza?
2. What happens on the River Ebro?
3. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
4. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
5. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
6. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
7. Explain how Master Pedro and his trained ape are able to identify Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
8. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
9. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
10. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a paper about a favorite knight such as Sir Lancelot or Sir Galahad.
Essay Topic 2
Write a happy ending to the story of Anselmo and Lothario.
Essay Topic 3
Write an interview you might have with Don Quixote.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)