|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sancho finally have the courage to tell Don Quixote?
2. What causes Sancho to resign his post and leave his isle?
3. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
4. Who are the two gentlemen Quixote and Sancho meet in the inn?
5. Why do so many people in Barcelona know Don Quixote's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
2. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
3. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
4. Discuss Quixote's last hours.
5. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
6. Explain how Master Pedro and his trained ape are able to identify Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
7. How does Sancho respond to more problems presented to him?
8. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
9. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
10. Describe the last bit of fun the castle servants are allowed to have with Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a letter to Teresa Panza telling her about seeing Sancho at an inn.
Essay Topic 2
Write an account of Sampson's training to become the Knight of the White Moon.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story about Gines de Pasamonte's committing a great robbery and going back to the galleys.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)