|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
2. What is the dilemma of the steward?
3. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
4. What is the moral of the story of the braying town going to war with its neighbors?
5. In a scheme to poke fun at Don Quixote and Sancho, who makes an appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
2. Why is Don Antonio disappointed that Quixote and Sancho are returning home?
3. What happens on the River Ebro?
4. How does the Duchess use her conversation with Sancho Panza?
5. Discuss Quixote's last hours.
6. Explain how Master Pedro and his trained ape are able to identify Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
7. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
8. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
9. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
10. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on what Don Quixote considers the Godlen Age.
Essay Topic 2
Write a happy ending to the story of Anselmo and Lothario.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story that includes a long conversation between the housekeeper and the niece.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)