|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do so many people in Barcelona know Don Quixote's name?
2. Who are the two gentlemen Quixote and Sancho meet in the inn?
3. What is the literary significance of the pit Sancho and Dapple fall into?
4. What does Don Quixote say he would like to become?
5. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
2. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
3. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
4. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
5. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
6. What happens when Don Quixote attempts to take matters into his own hands to finish Sancho's thrashing?
7. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
8. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
9. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
10. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story about the curate of La Mancha who keeps some of Quixote's books and reads them in private.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about something great you imagine Don Quixote doing that is not in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story where the Duke and Duchess set up a trick on Sancho that backfires on them.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)