|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a scheme to poke fun at Don Quixote and Sancho, who makes an appearance?
2. Why is the Duchess so amused by Sancho Panza?
3. While staying at the castle of the Duke and Duchess, what does Sancho do every time he gets frightened?
4. What one last joke is played on Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave the castle?
5. Who does Sancho get into an argument with about waiting women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
2. Explain how Master Pedro and his trained ape are able to identify Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
3. What second encounter with livestock happens to the Don and Sancho before they are arrested by the ten horsemen?
4. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
5. Discuss Quixote's last hours.
6. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
7. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
8. In spite of the set up of Sancho as governor of the island of Barataria, how does he do as a governor?
9. What happens when Don Quixote attempts to take matters into his own hands to finish Sancho's thrashing?
10. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about what you would have been in the days of knights errant.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about Gines de Pasamonte's committing a great robbery and going back to the galleys.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story that includes a long conversation between the housekeeper and the niece.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)