|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrangements had the Duke made regarding the duel?
2. At the inn, what does Sancho happily observe?
3. Because Quixote is so despondent, what does Sancho agree to do for money?
4. What causes Sancho to resign his post and leave his isle?
5. Why does Don Quixote think Dulcinea is still enchanted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
2. How does Sancho respond to more problems presented to him?
3. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
4. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
5. What second encounter with livestock happens to the Don and Sancho before they are arrested by the ten horsemen?
6. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
7. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
8. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
9. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
10. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story that is a conversation between Rocinante and Dapple.
Essay Topic 2
Write a narrative poem about Don Quixote finally seeing Lady Dulcinea.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on kindness to handicapped people.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)