|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the irony of Sancho's coming into political power?
2. What ignoble disaster befalls Don Quixote and Sancho out in the countryside?
3. What does Sancho finally have the courage to tell Don Quixote?
4. How does Cervantes work yet another side plot into his story at the point of boarding the ships?
5. What happens to the boat Sancho and Quixote expropriate on the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
2. Explain how Master Pedro and his trained ape are able to identify Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
3. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
4. What happens on the River Ebro?
5. How does Sancho respond to more problems presented to him?
6. What event causes Don Diego to invite Don Quixote and Sancho to his house?
7. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
8. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
9. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
10. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story about what Sancho Panza is like when he turns fifty-two.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about the curate of La Mancha who keeps some of Quixote's books and reads them in private.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on kindness to handicapped people.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)