|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Countess of Trifaldi attempt to capture the interest of Don Quixote?
2. How does the Duke get Sancho to agree to the self flagellation?
3. On their way back to La Mancha, who do Don Quixote and Sancho run across?
4. What arrangements had the Duke made regarding the duel?
5. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
2. Discuss Quixote's last hours.
3. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
4. What event causes Don Diego to invite Don Quixote and Sancho to his house?
5. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
6. In spite of the set up of Sancho as governor of the island of Barataria, how does he do as a governor?
7. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
8. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
9. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
10. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on what Don Quixote considers the Godlen Age.
Essay Topic 2
Write a romance you think Cervantes might include in his novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story about something great you imagine Don Quixote doing that is not in the book.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)