|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
2. Why is Sancho amazed once again at Don Quixote's vast knowledge?
3. What madness does the puppet show bring on in the mind of Don Quixote?
4. Where are Quixote and Sancho taken by the ten horsemen?
5. What does Sancho do in response to Don Quixote's suggestion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the River Ebro?
2. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
3. Why is Don Antonio disappointed that Quixote and Sancho are returning home?
4. Describe Don Quixote's emotional state as he returns to his home.
5. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
6. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
7. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
8. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
9. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
10. How does the Duchess use her conversation with Sancho Panza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story about what Sancho Panza is like when he turns fifty-two.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on what Don Quixote considers the Godlen Age.
Essay Topic 3
Write an interview you might have with Don Quixote.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)