|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
2. What is the moral of the story of the braying town going to war with its neighbors?
3. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
4. What means of travel does the Duenna say the giant Malambruno will send for them to go to him?
5. What is a goal of Sancho as he assumes his governorship of his island?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
2. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
3. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
4. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
5. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
6. Describe Don Quixote's emotional state as he returns to his home.
7. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
8. What happens on the River Ebro?
9. How does Sancho respond to more problems presented to him?
10. Describe the last bit of fun the castle servants are allowed to have with Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an account of Sampson's training to become the Knight of the White Moon.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about the curate of La Mancha who keeps some of Quixote's books and reads them in private.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story about Teresa Panza talking to a friend about Sancho Panza.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)