|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Quixote impress Don Diego de Miranda?
2. What causes Sancho to resign his post and leave his isle?
3. What means of travel does the Duenna say the giant Malambruno will send for them to go to him?
4. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
5. What comes back to Sancho from his behavior toward Don Quixote?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
2. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
3. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
4. Describe the last bit of fun the castle servants are allowed to have with Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave.
5. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
6. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
7. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
8. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
9. What happens when Don Quixote attempts to take matters into his own hands to finish Sancho's thrashing?
10. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed description of Don Quixote riding on Rocinante down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.
Essay Topic 2
Write a romance you think Cervantes might include in his novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on kindness to handicapped people.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)