|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mysterious Knight of the White Moon?
2. Why is Don Antonio not pleased with the arrangement of Don Quixote going home?
3. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
4. What is the irony of Sancho's coming into political power?
5. What is the dilemma of the steward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the River Ebro?
2. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
3. What happens when Don Quixote attempts to take matters into his own hands to finish Sancho's thrashing?
4. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
5. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
6. What event causes Don Diego to invite Don Quixote and Sancho to his house?
7. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
8. Describe Don Quixote's emotional state as he returns to his home.
9. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
10. How does Sancho respond to more problems presented to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story where the Duke and Duchess set up a trick on Sancho that backfires on them.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about Teresa Panza talking to a friend about Sancho Panza.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story about something great you imagine Don Quixote doing that is not in the book.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)