|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the moral of the story of the braying town going to war with its neighbors?
2. While staying at the castle of the Duke and Duchess, what does Sancho do every time he gets frightened?
3. What arrangements had the Duke made regarding the duel?
4. How does the fake Merlin tell Sancho Panza that the enchantment of Dulcinea can be broken?
5. What is the point of the Countess of Trifaldi's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the River Ebro?
2. What happens when Don Quixote attempts to take matters into his own hands to finish Sancho's thrashing?
3. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
4. What event causes Don Diego to invite Don Quixote and Sancho to his house?
5. How does the Duchess use her conversation with Sancho Panza?
6. In spite of the set up of Sancho as governor of the island of Barataria, how does he do as a governor?
7. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
8. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
9. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
10. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story that includes a long conversation between the housekeeper and the niece.
Essay Topic 2
Write an interview you might have with Don Quixote.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story about something great you imagine Don Quixote doing that is not in the book.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)