|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
2. Why does Sampson's pretend squire leave him?
3. What is the surprise plot twist as Don Quixote lays on his deathbed?
4. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
5. How does Roque Guinart handle a mutineer among his men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Master Pedro and his trained ape are able to identify Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
2. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
3. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
4. Why is Don Antonio disappointed that Quixote and Sancho are returning home?
5. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
6. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
7. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
8. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
9. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
10. How does Sancho respond to more problems presented to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story that includes a long conversation between the housekeeper and the niece.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on kindness to handicapped people.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story about the curate of La Mancha who keeps some of Quixote's books and reads them in private.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)