|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Quixote and Sancho taken by the ten horsemen?
2. Who are the two gentlemen Quixote and Sancho meet in the inn?
3. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
4. Who is the mysterious Knight of the White Moon?
5. Why does Tosilos reveal himself at the duel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
2. How does Sancho respond to more problems presented to him?
3. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
4. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
5. What second encounter with livestock happens to the Don and Sancho before they are arrested by the ten horsemen?
6. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
7. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
8. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
9. Describe the last bit of fun the castle servants are allowed to have with Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave.
10. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on windmills.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about something great you imagine Don Quixote doing that is not in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an interview you might have with Don Quixote.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)