|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sancho finally have the courage to tell Don Quixote?
2. Back in the castle what happens with Quixote and Dona Rodriguez?
3. Why were the Duke and Duchess eager to meet Don Quixote and Sancho?
4. At the inn, what does Sancho happily observe?
5. Why does Don Quixote think Dulcinea is still enchanted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
2. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
3. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
4. Explain how Master Pedro and his trained ape are able to identify Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
5. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
6. How does Sancho respond to more problems presented to him?
7. How does the Duchess use her conversation with Sancho Panza?
8. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
9. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
10. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on kindness to handicapped people.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on what Don Quixote considers the Godlen Age.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story that includes a long conversation between the housekeeper and the niece.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)