|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
2. On the galley, Don Quixote gets a royal greeting but what happens to Sancho Panza?
3. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
4. The curate, the barber, and the bachelor are not in agreement with whom over Quixote's decision to become a shepherd?
5. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
2. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
3. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
4. Discuss Quixote's last hours.
5. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
6. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
7. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
8. Explain how Master Pedro and his trained ape are able to identify Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
9. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
10. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a narrative poem about Don Quixote finally seeing Lady Dulcinea.
Essay Topic 2
Write a detailed description of Don Quixote riding on Rocinante down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on windmills.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)