|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
2. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
3. Back in the castle what happens with Quixote and Dona Rodriguez?
4. What strange thing does the bandit, Roque Guinart ,do after his men bring in a group of travelers?
5. What does Sancho finally have the courage to tell Don Quixote?
Short Essay Questions
1. In spite of the set up of Sancho as governor of the island of Barataria, how does he do as a governor?
2. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
3. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
4. Describe Don Quixote's emotional state as he returns to his home.
5. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
6. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
7. How does Sancho respond to more problems presented to him?
8. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
9. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
10. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story that is a conversation between Rocinante and Dapple.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about something great you imagine Don Quixote doing that is not in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story about Gines de Pasamonte's committing a great robbery and going back to the galleys.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)