|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
2. What advice does Don Quixote give the young page on the way to the inn?
3. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
4. Who is the unexpected pleasure for Don Quixote in Don Diego's house?
5. In a scheme to poke fun at Don Quixote and Sancho, who makes an appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. In spite of the set up of Sancho as governor of the island of Barataria, how does he do as a governor?
2. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
3. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
4. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
5. What happens when Don Quixote attempts to take matters into his own hands to finish Sancho's thrashing?
6. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
7. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
8. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
9. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
10. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on what Don Quixote considers the Godlen Age.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about the curate of La Mancha who keeps some of Quixote's books and reads them in private.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story that is a conversation between Rocinante and Dapple.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)