|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
2. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
3. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
4. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
5. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
2. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
3. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
4. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
5. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
6. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
7. How does the student Sampson enter into Don Quixote's life?
8. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
9. How does Teresa Panza show her practical side?
10. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story about what Sancho Panza is like when he turns fifty-two.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on kindness to handicapped people.
Essay Topic 3
Write a happy ending to the story of Anselmo and Lothario.
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)