|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
2. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
3. What argument does the niece use to try and get her uncle to stay home?
4. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
5. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Don Quixote's idea of the Golden Age.
2. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
3. Before the start of the second part of their adventures, why do Sancho and Don Quixote have a disagreement?
4. Give evidence that the farmer's daughter is a popular theme in Cervantes' writing.
5. Describe Rocinante.
6. What happens while Don Quixote is allowed out of the cage on the oxcart?
7. Discuss how Don Quixote always explains away any adverse events or circumstances.
8. How does Teresa Panza show her practical side?
9. Describe the visit of the barber and the curate to Don Quixote after his return home.
10. What happens when the Don and Sancho meet an acting troupe still in costume?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on what Don Quixote considers the Godlen Age.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about the curate of La Mancha who keeps some of Quixote's books and reads them in private.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story that includes a long conversation between the housekeeper and the niece.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)