|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
2. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
3. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
4. How does Quixote blend knight errantry and sainthood?
5. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the Knight of the Wood?
2. How is the character of Don Quixote enlarged and filled out by Cervantes?
3. What is Sancho's comic rationale for believing Don Quixote is not in an enchanted cage at all?
4. Tell the story of how Don Quixote becomes entangled with the criminal, Gines de Pasamonte.
5. Describe how Cervantes suggests that Don Quixote descends into madness.
6. Discuss Don Quixote's choice of penance after the release of the prisoners.
7. Describe the visit of the barber and the curate to Don Quixote after his return home.
8. Describe Rocinante.
9. Discuss how Don Quixote always explains away any adverse events or circumstances.
10. How does Teresa Panza show her practical side?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a paper about a favorite knight such as Sir Lancelot or Sir Galahad.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on what Don Quixote considers the Godlen Age.
Essay Topic 3
Write an interview you might have with Don Quixote.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)