|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Quixote blend knight errantry and sainthood?
2. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
3. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
4. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
5. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Cervantes suggests that Don Quixote descends into madness.
2. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
3. Discuss how Don Quixote always explains away any adverse events or circumstances.
4. Describe the story of the Captive Captain.
5. Describe Rocinante.
6. Outline the story of what Anselmo wants Lothario to do.
7. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
8. How does Teresa Panza show her practical side?
9. Relate how Sancho Panza prevents Don Quixote from charging toward a loud noise in the dark of night.
10. How is the character of Don Quixote enlarged and filled out by Cervantes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a happy ending to the story of Anselmo and Lothario.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about what Sancho Panza is like when he turns fifty-two.
Essay Topic 3
Write a romance you think Cervantes might include in his novel.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)