|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
2. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
3. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
4. On their next adventure, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza head first?
5. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before the start of the second part of their adventures, why do Sancho and Don Quixote have a disagreement?
2. Describe Rocinante.
3. What is Sancho's comic rationale for believing Don Quixote is not in an enchanted cage at all?
4. Give evidence that the farmer's daughter is a popular theme in Cervantes' writing.
5. Discuss how Don Quixote always explains away any adverse events or circumstances.
6. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
7. Describe the visit of the barber and the curate to Don Quixote after his return home.
8. How does Teresa Panza show her practical side?
9. Discuss Don Quixote's illusions that cause him to do battle with strange things.
10. What is the significance of the Knight of the Wood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on windmills.
Essay Topic 2
Write a narrative poem about Don Quixote finally seeing Lady Dulcinea.
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper about a favorite knight such as Sir Lancelot or Sir Galahad.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)