|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cervantes plan to see that no further writing is done regarding Don Quixote de La Mancha?
2. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
3. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
4. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
5. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Don and Sancho meet an acting troupe still in costume?
2. Describe the story of the Captive Captain.
3. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
4. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
5. Discuss Marcela's defense of herself at the funeral of Chrisostom.
6. Describe Rocinante.
7. Relate Don Quixote's battle with the giant of Micomicon.
8. Tell the story of how Don Quixote becomes entangled with the criminal, Gines de Pasamonte.
9. Discuss Don Quixote's illusions that cause him to do battle with strange things.
10. Describe how Cervantes presents Sancho as one motivated by money.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an account of Sampson's training to become the Knight of the White Moon.
Essay Topic 2
Write an interview you might have with Don Quixote.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story about Teresa Panza talking to a friend about Sancho Panza.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)