|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
2. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
3. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
4. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
5. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Don and Sancho meet an acting troupe still in costume?
2. What is the story of the Princess Micomicona, of the land of Micomicon?
3. How does the student Sampson enter into Don Quixote's life?
4. What is Sancho's comic rationale for believing Don Quixote is not in an enchanted cage at all?
5. Give a physical description of Quizada before he transforms himself into Don Quixote.
6. Give evidence that the farmer's daughter is a popular theme in Cervantes' writing.
7. Describe Rocinante.
8. How is the character of Don Quixote enlarged and filled out by Cervantes?
9. What happens while Don Quixote is allowed out of the cage on the oxcart?
10. How does Teresa Panza show her practical side?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story about Gines de Pasamonte's committing a great robbery and going back to the galleys.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about what Sancho Panza is like when he turns fifty-two.
Essay Topic 3
Write a happy ending to the story of Anselmo and Lothario.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)