|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
2. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
3. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
4. On their next adventure, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza head first?
5. Who are the surprise visitors to the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Don and Sancho meet an acting troupe still in costume?
2. Describe Rocinante.
3. Discuss Don Quixote's choice of penance after the release of the prisoners.
4. Give evidence that the farmer's daughter is a popular theme in Cervantes' writing.
5. How do many people abuse Don Quixote's madness?
6. Before the start of the second part of their adventures, why do Sancho and Don Quixote have a disagreement?
7. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
8. What happens while Don Quixote is allowed out of the cage on the oxcart?
9. What is Sancho's comic rationale for believing Don Quixote is not in an enchanted cage at all?
10. How does the student Sampson enter into Don Quixote's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a romance you think Cervantes might include in his novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story that includes a long conversation between the housekeeper and the niece.
Essay Topic 3
Write a letter to Teresa Panza telling her about seeing Sancho at an inn.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)