|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
2. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
3. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
4. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
5. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Cervantes presents Sancho as one motivated by money.
2. How does Teresa Panza show her practical side?
3. Discuss Don Quixote's choice of penance after the release of the prisoners.
4. Describe the visit of the barber and the curate to Don Quixote after his return home.
5. Give a physical description of Quizada before he transforms himself into Don Quixote.
6. How does Don Quixote agree to return to La Mancha?
7. Tell the story of how Don Quixote becomes entangled with the criminal, Gines de Pasamonte.
8. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
9. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
10. How is the character of Don Quixote enlarged and filled out by Cervantes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an account of Sampson's training to become the Knight of the White Moon.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on kindness to handicapped people.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story that includes a long conversation between the housekeeper and the niece.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)