|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
2. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
3. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
4. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
5. When Sancho tells his wife, Teresa, that he is going again with Don Quixote, what advice does Teresa give?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Don Quixote's illusions that cause him to do battle with strange things.
2. Discuss Don Quixote's choice of penance after the release of the prisoners.
3. How does Teresa Panza show her practical side?
4. What is Sancho's comic rationale for believing Don Quixote is not in an enchanted cage at all?
5. Before the start of the second part of their adventures, why do Sancho and Don Quixote have a disagreement?
6. Describe the visit of the barber and the curate to Don Quixote after his return home.
7. Describe Dorothea's relationship with Don Fernando.
8. What happens when the Don and Sancho meet an acting troupe still in costume?
9. How does Don Quixote agree to return to La Mancha?
10. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed description of Don Quixote riding on Rocinante down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story that includes a long conversation between the housekeeper and the niece.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story about something great you imagine Don Quixote doing that is not in the book.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)