|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
2. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
3. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
4. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
5. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
2. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
3. Describe how Cervantes presents Sancho as one motivated by money.
4. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
5. Discuss Quixote's last hours.
6. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
7. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
8. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
9. How do many people abuse Don Quixote's madness?
10. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
Essay Topic 1
Write a letter to Teresa Panza telling her about seeing Sancho at an inn.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story where the Duke and Duchess set up a trick on Sancho that backfires on them.
Essay Topic 3
Write a romance you think Cervantes might include in his novel.
This section contains 1,260 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)