|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
2. What does the canon think about drama of his day?
3. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
4. When Sancho tells his wife, Teresa, that he is going again with Don Quixote, what advice does Teresa give?
5. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
2. Outline the story of what Anselmo wants Lothario to do.
3. Before the start of the second part of their adventures, why do Sancho and Don Quixote have a disagreement?
4. Discuss Marcela's defense of herself at the funeral of Chrisostom.
5. Describe Dorothea's relationship with Don Fernando.
6. How is the character of Don Quixote enlarged and filled out by Cervantes?
7. What is the story of the Princess Micomicona, of the land of Micomicon?
8. Relate how Sancho Panza prevents Don Quixote from charging toward a loud noise in the dark of night.
9. Describe Rocinante.
10. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story about what Sancho Panza is like when he turns fifty-two.
Essay Topic 2
Write a happy ending to the story of Anselmo and Lothario.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story about the curate of La Mancha who keeps some of Quixote's books and reads them in private.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)