|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
2. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
3. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
4. When Sancho tells his wife, Teresa, that he is going again with Don Quixote, what advice does Teresa give?
5. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story of the Captive Captain.
2. Give a physical description of Quizada before he transforms himself into Don Quixote.
3. Describe Dorothea's relationship with Don Fernando.
4. Discuss Marcela's defense of herself at the funeral of Chrisostom.
5. Describe the visit of the barber and the curate to Don Quixote after his return home.
6. Relate Don Quixote's battle with the giant of Micomicon.
7. Relate how Sancho Panza prevents Don Quixote from charging toward a loud noise in the dark of night.
8. What is the significance of the Knight of the Wood?
9. What is Sancho's comic rationale for believing Don Quixote is not in an enchanted cage at all?
10. How do many people abuse Don Quixote's madness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on what Don Quixote considers the Godlen Age.
Essay Topic 2
Write a detailed description of Don Quixote riding on Rocinante down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.
Essay Topic 3
Write an interview you might have with Don Quixote.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)