|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
2. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
3. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
4. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
5. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rocinante.
2. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
3. Relate how Sancho Panza prevents Don Quixote from charging toward a loud noise in the dark of night.
4. Discuss Don Quixote's illusions that cause him to do battle with strange things.
5. Describe how Cervantes suggests that Don Quixote descends into madness.
6. Summarize Don Quixote's idea of the Golden Age.
7. What is the story of the Princess Micomicona, of the land of Micomicon?
8. What happens while Don Quixote is allowed out of the cage on the oxcart?
9. What is Sancho's comic rationale for believing Don Quixote is not in an enchanted cage at all?
10. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on what Don Quixote considers the Godlen Age.
Essay Topic 2
Write a romance you think Cervantes might include in his novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about what you would have been in the days of knights errant.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)