|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
2. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
3. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
4. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
5. During the visit of the curate and the barber, why is there a commotion outside Don Quixote's door?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the visit of the barber and the curate to Don Quixote after his return home.
2. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
3. How does the student Sampson enter into Don Quixote's life?
4. Give evidence that the farmer's daughter is a popular theme in Cervantes' writing.
5. Discuss Marcela's defense of herself at the funeral of Chrisostom.
6. Outline the story of what Anselmo wants Lothario to do.
7. Discuss Don Quixote's choice of penance after the release of the prisoners.
8. Relate Don Quixote's battle with the giant of Micomicon.
9. Discuss how Don Quixote always explains away any adverse events or circumstances.
10. Give a physical description of Quizada before he transforms himself into Don Quixote.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a letter to Teresa Panza telling her about seeing Sancho at an inn.
Essay Topic 2
Write an interview you might have with Don Quixote.
Essay Topic 3
Write a happy ending to the story of Anselmo and Lothario.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)