|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
2. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
3. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
4. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
5. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rocinante.
2. Relate Don Quixote's battle with the giant of Micomicon.
3. Describe the visit of the barber and the curate to Don Quixote after his return home.
4. Before the start of the second part of their adventures, why do Sancho and Don Quixote have a disagreement?
5. How does Don Quixote agree to return to La Mancha?
6. What is Sancho's comic rationale for believing Don Quixote is not in an enchanted cage at all?
7. Give a physical description of Quizada before he transforms himself into Don Quixote.
8. Discuss Don Quixote's choice of penance after the release of the prisoners.
9. Tell the story of how Don Quixote becomes entangled with the criminal, Gines de Pasamonte.
10. Describe the story of the Captive Captain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an account of Sampson's training to become the Knight of the White Moon.
Essay Topic 2
Write a romance you think Cervantes might include in his novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write a happy ending to the story of Anselmo and Lothario.
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)