|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
2. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
3. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
4. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
5. What is Cervantes' complaint in the prologue to the second part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rocinante.
2. Describe the visit of the barber and the curate to Don Quixote after his return home.
3. Relate Don Quixote's battle with the giant of Micomicon.
4. What happens while Don Quixote is allowed out of the cage on the oxcart?
5. Tell the story of how Don Quixote becomes entangled with the criminal, Gines de Pasamonte.
6. Give a physical description of Quizada before he transforms himself into Don Quixote.
7. What happens when the Don and Sancho meet an acting troupe still in costume?
8. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
9. Describe how Cervantes presents Sancho as one motivated by money.
10. Discuss Don Quixote's illusions that cause him to do battle with strange things.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a romance you think Cervantes might include in his novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story that is a conversation between Rocinante and Dapple.
Essay Topic 3
Write an interview you might have with Don Quixote.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)