|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
2. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
3. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
4. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
5. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Don Quixote is allowed out of the cage on the oxcart?
2. Describe how Cervantes suggests that Don Quixote descends into madness.
3. Tell the story of how Don Quixote becomes entangled with the criminal, Gines de Pasamonte.
4. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
5. Describe the story of the Captive Captain.
6. What is Sancho's comic rationale for believing Don Quixote is not in an enchanted cage at all?
7. Discuss Don Quixote's illusions that cause him to do battle with strange things.
8. How does the student Sampson enter into Don Quixote's life?
9. Describe how Cervantes presents Sancho as one motivated by money.
10. Relate Don Quixote's battle with the giant of Micomicon.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an interview you might have with Don Quixote.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about Gines de Pasamonte's committing a great robbery and going back to the galleys.
Essay Topic 3
Write a happy ending to the story of Anselmo and Lothario.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)