|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
2. What does the canon think about drama of his day?
3. On their next adventure, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza head first?
4. How does Quixote blend knight errantry and sainthood?
5. Why does Sancho Panza continue to insist that Don Quixote is not enchanted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Cervantes suggests that Don Quixote descends into madness.
2. How does Teresa Panza show her practical side?
3. Tell the story of how Don Quixote becomes entangled with the criminal, Gines de Pasamonte.
4. Describe how Cervantes presents Sancho as one motivated by money.
5. How do many people abuse Don Quixote's madness?
6. How does Don Quixote agree to return to La Mancha?
7. What is Sancho's comic rationale for believing Don Quixote is not in an enchanted cage at all?
8. Describe the story of the Captive Captain.
9. What happens while Don Quixote is allowed out of the cage on the oxcart?
10. Summarize Don Quixote's idea of the Golden Age.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story where the Duke and Duchess set up a trick on Sancho that backfires on them.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about what you would have been in the days of knights errant.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story about the curate of La Mancha who keeps some of Quixote's books and reads them in private.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)