|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
2. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
3. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
4. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
5. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
2. Discuss how Don Quixote always explains away any adverse events or circumstances.
3. How do many people abuse Don Quixote's madness?
4. What happens when the Don and Sancho meet an acting troupe still in costume?
5. How is the character of Don Quixote enlarged and filled out by Cervantes?
6. Give a physical description of Quizada before he transforms himself into Don Quixote.
7. How does the student Sampson enter into Don Quixote's life?
8. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
9. Relate how Sancho Panza prevents Don Quixote from charging toward a loud noise in the dark of night.
10. What is the story of the Princess Micomicona, of the land of Micomicon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story about what Sancho Panza is like when he turns fifty-two.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story that includes a long conversation between the housekeeper and the niece.
Essay Topic 3
Write a detailed description of Don Quixote riding on Rocinante down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)