|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
2. What do the curate and the barber try to avoid when they go to visit Quixote at home?
3. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
4. During the visit of the curate and the barber, why is there a commotion outside Don Quixote's door?
5. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Don Quixote's idea of the Golden Age.
2. Describe how Cervantes presents Sancho as one motivated by money.
3. How is the character of Don Quixote enlarged and filled out by Cervantes?
4. Tell the story of how Don Quixote becomes entangled with the criminal, Gines de Pasamonte.
5. Discuss Don Quixote's illusions that cause him to do battle with strange things.
6. Describe Rocinante.
7. What is the significance of the Knight of the Wood?
8. How does Don Quixote agree to return to La Mancha?
9. What is the story of the Princess Micomicona, of the land of Micomicon?
10. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story that is a conversation between Rocinante and Dapple.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on kindness to handicapped people.
Essay Topic 3
Write a story about Gines de Pasamonte's committing a great robbery and going back to the galleys.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)