|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
2. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
3. Who has dinner with Don Quixote after Sancho Panza goes home?
4. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
5. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
Short Essay Questions
1. In spite of the set up of Sancho as governor of the island of Barataria, how does he do as a governor?
2. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
3. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
4. How does the student Sampson enter into Don Quixote's life?
5. Summarize Don Quixote's idea of the Golden Age.
6. Outline the story of what Anselmo wants Lothario to do.
7. Relate Don Quixote's battle with the giant of Micomicon.
8. How does Don Quixote agree to return to La Mancha?
9. Describe the last bit of fun the castle servants are allowed to have with Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave.
10. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story about Gines de Pasamonte's committing a great robbery and going back to the galleys.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper about a favorite knight such as Sir Lancelot or Sir Galahad.
Essay Topic 3
Write an account of Sampson's training to become the Knight of the White Moon.
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)