|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
2. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
3. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
4. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
5. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Don Quixote's choice of penance after the release of the prisoners.
2. What happens when the Don and Sancho meet an acting troupe still in costume?
3. Discuss Marcela's defense of herself at the funeral of Chrisostom.
4. Give evidence that the farmer's daughter is a popular theme in Cervantes' writing.
5. Outline the story of what Anselmo wants Lothario to do.
6. Describe Dorothea's relationship with Don Fernando.
7. Discuss how Don Quixote always explains away any adverse events or circumstances.
8. What is the significance of the Knight of the Wood?
9. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
10. What is the story of the Princess Micomicona, of the land of Micomicon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an interview you might have with Don Quixote.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper about a favorite knight such as Sir Lancelot or Sir Galahad.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about what you would have been in the days of knights errant.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)