|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
2. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
3. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
4. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
5. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
Short Essay Questions
1. Outline the story of what Anselmo wants Lothario to do.
2. What happens when the Don and Sancho meet an acting troupe still in costume?
3. What is Sancho's comic rationale for believing Don Quixote is not in an enchanted cage at all?
4. How is the character of Don Quixote enlarged and filled out by Cervantes?
5. Discuss how Don Quixote always explains away any adverse events or circumstances.
6. Give evidence that the farmer's daughter is a popular theme in Cervantes' writing.
7. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
8. Describe Rocinante.
9. Describe Dorothea's relationship with Don Fernando.
10. Tell the story of how Don Quixote becomes entangled with the criminal, Gines de Pasamonte.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on what Don Quixote considers the Godlen Age.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about the curate of La Mancha who keeps some of Quixote's books and reads them in private.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on kindness to handicapped people.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)