|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Quixote blend knight errantry and sainthood?
2. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
3. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
4. How does Cervantes poke fun at his own mistakes in writing the first part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
5. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Don Quixote's illusions that cause him to do battle with strange things.
2. Relate how Sancho Panza prevents Don Quixote from charging toward a loud noise in the dark of night.
3. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
4. Describe the visit of the barber and the curate to Don Quixote after his return home.
5. Why is Don Antonio disappointed that Quixote and Sancho are returning home?
6. Outline the story of what Anselmo wants Lothario to do.
7. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
8. What event causes Don Diego to invite Don Quixote and Sancho to his house?
9. How does Teresa Panza show her practical side?
10. Describe Don Quixote's emotional state as he returns to his home.
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about what you would have been in the days of knights errant.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story that includes a long conversation between the housekeeper and the niece.
Essay Topic 3
Write an account of Sampson's training to become the Knight of the White Moon.
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)