Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
2. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
3. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
4. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
5. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
2. What event causes Don Diego to invite Don Quixote and Sancho to his house?
3. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
4. Describe how Cervantes presents Sancho as one motivated by money.
5. Describe how Cervantes suggests that Don Quixote descends into madness.
6. Discuss how Don Quixote always explains away any adverse events or circumstances.
7. What happens when Don Quixote attempts to take matters into his own hands to finish Sancho's thrashing?
8. What happens on the River Ebro?
9. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
10. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
Write an essay on windmills.
Write a detailed description of Don Quixote riding on Rocinante down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.
Write a story about what Sancho Panza is like when he turns fifty-two.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)