|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sancho do in response to Don Quixote's suggestion?
(a) He raises taxes and builds schools.
(b) He minds the poor and makes good and just laws, but not too many.
(c) He invites all knights errant to come to the island.
(d) He gives lots of banquets for the wealthy.
2. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
(a) He asked the ape to find out for him.
(b) He has read the first volume.
(c) Master Pedro turns out to be Gines de Pasamonte from Volume One
(d) He has a confederate who suppplies him with information.
3. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
(a) Raw eggs
(b) Cooked beef
(c) Hot bread
4. Who else does Quixote insist he sees inside the cave?
(a) Dulcinea still enchanted as a peasant girl.
(b) Teresa Panza looking for her husband.
(c) The Knight of the Wood looking for revenge.
(d) The priest and the barbers looking for the way out.
5. How does Don Quixote impress Don Diego de Miranda?
(a) His splended armor
(b) His elequent and educated speech
(c) His kindness to Sancho
(d) His riding style
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do so many people in Barcelona know Don Quixote's name?
2. Back in the castle what happens with Quixote and Dona Rodriguez?
3. What ignoble disaster befalls Don Quixote and Sancho out in the countryside?
4. Who do they meet at the inn who is mentioned in the false book about Don Quixote?
5. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
2. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
3. How does the Duchess use her conversation with Sancho Panza?
4. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
5. Describe the last bit of fun the castle servants are allowed to have with Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave.
6. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
7. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
8. Describe Don Quixote's emotional state as he returns to his home.
9. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
10. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)