|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
(a) I pretend my right hand is paralyzed so I have to use my left hand.
(b) We are all the same when we sleep.
(c) Lions will never sleep with lambs.
(d) Anybody can be a governor.
2. After the stoning, Sancho Panza makes what demand on Don Quixote?
(a) He demands a new horse to ride.
(b) He demands to be made a knight.
(c) He demands money again after seeing that Don Quixote is a man of means.
(d) He demands a security team to keep them from being beaten.
3. What one last joke is played on Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave the castle?
(a) They put the Duchess' handkerchief in Sancho's pants pocket.
(b) Altisidora accuses Quixote of stealing her garters.
(c) They put ants in Don Quixote's armor.
(d) They tie the tails of Dapple and Roxinante together.
4. While staying at the castle of the Duke and Duchess, what does Sancho do every time he gets frightened?
(a) He crawls under a table.
(b) He hides in the Duchess' skirts.
(c) He jumps behind Don Quixote.
(d) He pretends to be the Duke's valet.
5. In a scheme to poke fun at Don Quixote and Sancho, who makes an appearance?
(a) An actor dressed as the Devil
(b) A milkmaid dressed as the Lady Dulcinea
(c) A cow saddled like a knight's steed
(d) The eccliastic dressed as an avenging angel
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Duchess so amused by Sancho Panza?
2. What advice does Don Quixote give the young page on the way to the inn?
3. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
4. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
5. Who arrives next to see the famous Don Quixote?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Don Antonio disappointed that Quixote and Sancho are returning home?
2. What second encounter with livestock happens to the Don and Sancho before they are arrested by the ten horsemen?
3. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
4. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
5. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
6. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
7. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
8. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
9. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
10. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)