|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they come to another inn, what does Don Quixote see?
(a) A fortress
(b) A cathedral
(c) An inn
(d) A castle
2. Why does Tosilos reveal himself at the duel?
(a) He decides he can see better without a helmet.
(b) He suddenly desires to marry the Duenna's daughter.
(c) He doesn't want to harm an old man.
(d) He gets scared and thinks revealing himself will stop Don Quixote.
3. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
(a) Send a letter to La Mancha so Teresa will know where he is.
(b) Learn to write and read a little
(c) Learn how to dress properly
(d) Learn to speak without using proverbs
4. How does the fake Merlin tell Sancho Panza that the enchantment of Dulcinea can be broken?
(a) He must steal Don Quixote's brass helmet.
(b) He must whip himself 3,300 times on the bare buttocks.
(c) He must ride Dapple into the moat.
(d) He must dress up like a lady in waiting.
5. Finally, Don Quixote and Sancho Panza are invited to a real castle. Who invites them?
(a) A prince of the realm
(b) Dona Rodrigquez de Grijalba
(c) Camila de Camacho
(d) A real Duke and Duchess
Short Answer Questions
1. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
2. Who does Quixote insist he meets down in the Cave of Montesinos?
3. What plot does the Duchess hatch against Sancho?
4. What is the point of the Countess of Trifaldi's story?
5. What is the irony of Sancho's coming into political power?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)