|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
(a) The cathedral at Madrid
(b) The enchanted castle
(c) Back to La Mancha
(d) The cave of Montesinos
2. What does Sancho finally have the courage to tell Don Quixote?
(a) That he will not suffer any more abuse.
(b) That he is leaving him and returning to his isle.
(c) That he lied about seeing Dulcinea.
(d) That he is a fool who believes he is a knight.
3. What is the discussion about between Don Diego and Don Quixote?
(a) A comparison of the value of poetry versus the sciences
(b) The lives of the greatest knights errant
(c) The revival of knight errantry
(d) The current political situation in Spain
4. What arrangements had the Duke made regarding the duel?
(a) To invite the country people to watch
(b) To convince Don Quixote that it was all an illusion
(c) To stop the duel and declare Don Quixote the winner
(d) To keep injury to a minimum
5. Who are the two gentlemen Quixote and Sancho meet in the inn?
(a) Don Juan and Don Carlos.
(b) Don Luis and Don Cardenio.
(c) Don Leandro and Don Camacho.
(d) Don Jeronimo and Don Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives next to see the famous Don Quixote?
2. On the galley, Don Quixote gets a royal greeting but what happens to Sancho Panza?
3. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
4. What is the dilemma of the steward?
5. Who challenges Don Quixote and defeats him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
2. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
3. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
4. How does Sancho respond to more problems presented to him?
5. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
6. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
7. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
8. What event causes Don Diego to invite Don Quixote and Sancho to his house?
9. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
10. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)