|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the stoning, Sancho Panza makes what demand on Don Quixote?
(a) He demands money again after seeing that Don Quixote is a man of means.
(b) He demands a new horse to ride.
(c) He demands a security team to keep them from being beaten.
(d) He demands to be made a knight.
2. What humiliation awaits Don Quixote at the castle?
(a) A wedding with Altisidora they try to make him think is Dulcinea.
(b) A play about a stupid knight errant.
(c) An elaborate charade that calls for him to submit to pinches and pin pricks.
(d) Sancho finally telling Don Quixote that he will finish his beating.
3. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
(a) The acrobats
(b) Camacho's vast wealth
(c) The fine bed he is given
(d) The beautiful dancing girls
4. How does the Countess of Trifaldi attempt to capture the interest of Don Quixote?
(a) With a tale of dragons
(b) With a tale of an evil count
(c) With a tale of a giant
(d) With a tale of two lovers
5. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
(a) Eating with his fingers
(b) Interrupting Don Quixote while he is talking
(c) Putting his elbows on the table
(d) Asking the Duchess' Lady in Waiting to stable his ass
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two gentlemen Quixote and Sancho meet in the inn?
2. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
3. What do Don Quixote and the Duke do that involves the Duenna?
4. Why does Don Quixote go to Barcelona instead of Saragossa?
5. Who do they meet at the inn who is mentioned in the false book about Don Quixote?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
2. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
3. Describe the last bit of fun the castle servants are allowed to have with Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave.
4. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
5. Discuss Quixote's last hours.
6. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
7. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
8. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
9. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
10. How does the Duchess use her conversation with Sancho Panza?
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)