|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Quixote is so despondent, what does Sancho agree to do for money?
(a) He will beat himself for a set amount per lash.
(b) He will find the person who enchanted Dulcinea.
(c) He will go and bring Dulcinea to Quixote.
(d) He will trade Dapple for Dulcinea.
2. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
(a) The sports games of the county
(b) A duel between Camacho and Basilio, a former lover of Quiteria
(c) The local fair and festival
(d) The wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich
3. What is the point of the Countess of Trifaldi's story?
(a) It is a story to challenge Quixote to tell a better one.
(b) It mocks Don Quixote as being a phony.
(c) It is a trick to get Don Quixote to fight the giant Malambruno.
(d) It is a plan to get Sancho Panza to leave Don Quixote.
4. What happens as they ride up to meet a Duchess and a Duke?
(a) They make fools of themselves falling off their mounts.
(b) They allow Dapple and Rozinante to eat from the table.
(c) Don Quixote see them as evil rulers.
(d) They knock over the tent where the Duke and Duchess are sitting.
5. What arrangements had the Duke made regarding the duel?
(a) To stop the duel and declare Don Quixote the winner
(b) To keep injury to a minimum
(c) To convince Don Quixote that it was all an illusion
(d) To invite the country people to watch
Short Answer Questions
1. What plot does the Duchess hatch against Sancho?
2. Why is Don Antonio not pleased with the arrangement of Don Quixote going home?
3. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
4. What is a goal of Sancho as he assumes his governorship of his island?
5. What one last joke is played on Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave the castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
2. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
3. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
4. Discuss Quixote's last hours.
5. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
6. Why is Don Antonio disappointed that Quixote and Sancho are returning home?
7. What happens on the River Ebro?
8. In spite of the set up of Sancho as governor of the island of Barataria, how does he do as a governor?
9. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
10. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)