|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Don Quixote and Sancho believe the outlandish tale?
(a) Because they believe any tale that involves a damsel in distress.
(b) Because Malambruno is supposed to be a clever enchanter.
(c) Because they have been drugged during dinner.
(d) Because the Duke and duchess appear to believe it.
2. What ignoble disaster befalls Don Quixote and Sancho out in the countryside?
(a) They fall into a swamp.
(b) They are attacked by birds.
(c) They are trampled by swine.
(d) They are robbed of everything.
3. What does Sancho do in response to Don Quixote's suggestion?
(a) He invites all knights errant to come to the island.
(b) He minds the poor and makes good and just laws, but not too many.
(c) He gives lots of banquets for the wealthy.
(d) He raises taxes and builds schools.
4. What is the surprise plot twist as Don Quixote lays on his deathbed?
(a) He receives a visit from an angel.
(b) It is revealed that Don Quixote is dying from a broken heart.
(c) He renounces his knight errantry as madness.
(d) He writes a will that leaves Sancho Panza out.
5. Who is the mysterious Knight of the White Moon?
(a) Don Antonio
(b) Teresa Panza
(c) Pedro Perez
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
2. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
3. Why does Don Quixote go to Barcelona instead of Saragossa?
4. What means of travel does the Duenna say the giant Malambruno will send for them to go to him?
5. Why do so many people in Barcelona know Don Quixote's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
2. What event causes Don Diego to invite Don Quixote and Sancho to his house?
3. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
4. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
5. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
6. What second encounter with livestock happens to the Don and Sancho before they are arrested by the ten horsemen?
7. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
8. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
9. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
10. Describe the last bit of fun the castle servants are allowed to have with Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave.
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)