|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes back to Sancho from his behavior toward Don Quixote?
(a) Now he has to hear all court cases.
(b) Now people are asking him for money.
(c) Now people think he is mad.
(d) Now he has to make all the decisions.
2. When the wooden horse arrives, why are Quixote and Sancho blindfolded?
(a) They cannot see where the giant's hideout is.
(b) They might get airsick if they could see and look down.
(c) They are told they must do that for the horse to fly.
(d) They have to get their eyes ready to see the giant in his dark castle.
3. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
(a) The substitute was paid a great deal of money.
(b) The actual man had run away to avoid becoming the son-in-law of the Duenna.
(c) The substitute could be easily beaten.
(d) The actual man was a relative of the Duke's.
4. Why is the Duchess so amused by Sancho Panza?
(a) She wants to help him realize his dreams.
(b) She thinks he is simple and honest.
(c) She sees that Quixote is mad but judges Sancho to be stupid.
(d) She is too kind to object to his speech and behavior.
5. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
(a) The acrobats
(b) The fine bed he is given
(c) The beautiful dancing girls
(d) Camacho's vast wealth
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sampson's pretend squire leave him?
2. Who else does Quixote insist he sees inside the cave?
3. Why were the Duke and Duchess eager to meet Don Quixote and Sancho?
4. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
5. What advice does Don Quixote give the young page on the way to the inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. In spite of the set up of Sancho as governor of the island of Barataria, how does he do as a governor?
2. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
3. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
4. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
5. Why is Don Antonio disappointed that Quixote and Sancho are returning home?
6. What second encounter with livestock happens to the Don and Sancho before they are arrested by the ten horsemen?
7. What happens when Don Quixote attempts to take matters into his own hands to finish Sancho's thrashing?
8. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
9. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
10. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)