|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives next to see the famous Don Quixote?
(a) Countess Trifaldi, also called the Doleful Duenna
(b) Sir Lancelot of the Round Table
(c) The Duke of Earl
(d) Queen Guenevere
2. How does the fake Merlin tell Sancho Panza that the enchantment of Dulcinea can be broken?
(a) He must whip himself 3,300 times on the bare buttocks.
(b) He must dress up like a lady in waiting.
(c) He must ride Dapple into the moat.
(d) He must steal Don Quixote's brass helmet.
3. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
(a) They give Sancho the braying trophy.
(b) They make Sancho their mayor.
(c) They think he is mocking them and they stone Sancho and Don Quixote.
(d) They tell Sancho that he has a lot to learn about braying.
4. Why does Tosilos reveal himself at the duel?
(a) He suddenly desires to marry the Duenna's daughter.
(b) He decides he can see better without a helmet.
(c) He gets scared and thinks revealing himself will stop Don Quixote.
(d) He doesn't want to harm an old man.
5. In a scheme to poke fun at Don Quixote and Sancho, who makes an appearance?
(a) An actor dressed as the Devil
(b) A cow saddled like a knight's steed
(c) A milkmaid dressed as the Lady Dulcinea
(d) The eccliastic dressed as an avenging angel
Short Answer Questions
1. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
2. What is the literary significance of the pit Sancho and Dapple fall into?
3. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
4. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
5. How does the Countess of Trifaldi attempt to capture the interest of Don Quixote?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
2. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
3. In spite of the set up of Sancho as governor of the island of Barataria, how does he do as a governor?
4. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
5. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
6. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
7. Why is Don Antonio disappointed that Quixote and Sancho are returning home?
8. What event causes Don Diego to invite Don Quixote and Sancho to his house?
9. How does Sancho respond to more problems presented to him?
10. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)