|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
(a) He forgets all his old friends and family.
(b) He becomes grand and snobbish.
(c) He starts plotting how to amass great sums of money.
(d) He does not seem as pleased as he thought he would be.
2. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
(a) Back to La Mancha
(b) The cathedral at Madrid
(c) The cave of Montesinos
(d) The enchanted castle
3. What humiliation awaits Don Quixote at the castle?
(a) An elaborate charade that calls for him to submit to pinches and pin pricks.
(b) A play about a stupid knight errant.
(c) Sancho finally telling Don Quixote that he will finish his beating.
(d) A wedding with Altisidora they try to make him think is Dulcinea.
4. While staying at the castle of the Duke and Duchess, what does Sancho do every time he gets frightened?
(a) He jumps behind Don Quixote.
(b) He crawls under a table.
(c) He pretends to be the Duke's valet.
(d) He hides in the Duchess' skirts.
5. Who is the unexpected pleasure for Don Quixote in Don Diego's house?
(a) Don Diego's beautiful daughter
(b) Don Diego's personal chef
(c) Don Lorenzo, Don Diego's poet son
(d) Don Diego's young wife
Short Answer Questions
1. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
2. What means of travel does the Duenna say the giant Malambruno will send for them to go to him?
3. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
4. Where are Quixote and Sancho taken by the ten horsemen?
5. Who else does Quixote insist he sees inside the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duchess use her conversation with Sancho Panza?
2. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
3. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
4. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
5. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
6. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
7. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
8. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
9. What happens when Don Quixote attempts to take matters into his own hands to finish Sancho's thrashing?
10. What happens on the River Ebro?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)