|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
(a) He refuses to sit on a throne.
(b) He talks only to the poor.
(c) He wears his everyday clothes.
(d) He rejects being called Don Sancho Panza.
2. What causes Sancho to resign his post and leave his isle?
(a) His needing to see Don Quixote
(b) A trick some men play on him and call him a turtle
(c) His homesickness
(d) His desire to ride Dapple again
3. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
(a) To the stable to check on Dapple
(b) To hold a conversation with the Duchess
(c) To the moat to take a swim
(d) With the servants to play games
4. What madness does the puppet show bring on in the mind of Don Quixote?
(a) He thinks the Moors chasing the Catholic lovers are real and he attacks them.
(b) He believes the puppets are enchanted and need a magician.
(c) He believes the puppets are warning him against a danger.
(d) He jumps on his horse and goes looking for Moors.
5. What does Don Quixote say he would like to become?
(a) A banker
(b) A professor
(c) A cleric
(d) A shepherd
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do so many people in Barcelona know Don Quixote's name?
2. Who does Sancho get into an argument with about waiting women?
3. What comes back to Sancho from his behavior toward Don Quixote?
4. On the galley, Don Quixote gets a royal greeting but what happens to Sancho Panza?
5. Why were the Duke and Duchess eager to meet Don Quixote and Sancho?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)