|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roque Guinart handle a mutineer among his men?
(a) He has him hanged from the nearest tree.
(b) He splits his head with his sword.
(c) He banishes him from the band of robbers.
(d) He has him horse whipped.
2. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
(a) With the servants to play games
(b) To hold a conversation with the Duchess
(c) To the stable to check on Dapple
(d) To the moat to take a swim
3. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
(a) Eating with his fingers
(b) Putting his elbows on the table
(c) Asking the Duchess' Lady in Waiting to stable his ass
(d) Interrupting Don Quixote while he is talking
4. When the wooden horse arrives, why are Quixote and Sancho blindfolded?
(a) They cannot see where the giant's hideout is.
(b) They are told they must do that for the horse to fly.
(c) They have to get their eyes ready to see the giant in his dark castle.
(d) They might get airsick if they could see and look down.
5. Who else does Quixote insist he sees inside the cave?
(a) Teresa Panza looking for her husband.
(b) The priest and the barbers looking for the way out.
(c) Dulcinea still enchanted as a peasant girl.
(d) The Knight of the Wood looking for revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What means of travel does the Duenna say the giant Malambruno will send for them to go to him?
2. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
3. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
4. On their trip away from the castle, what misfortune happens to Quixote and Sancho?
5. Why does Don Quixote go to Barcelona instead of Saragossa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
2. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
3. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
4. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
5. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
6. What happens on the River Ebro?
7. What second encounter with livestock happens to the Don and Sancho before they are arrested by the ten horsemen?
8. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
9. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
10. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)