|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do they meet at the inn who is mentioned in the false book about Don Quixote?
(a) Sancho Panza's cousin
(b) Don Alvaro Tarfe
(c) Don Cardenio
2. What is the dilemma of the steward?
(a) He is supposed to destroy Sancho but he sees the good Sancho is doing.
(b) He thinks Sancho is crazy and he can get rich by using him.
(c) He is supposed to help Sancho but he wants to be the governor himself.
(d) He likes Sancho and does not want to go back to the castle.
3. What humiliation awaits Don Quixote at the castle?
(a) A wedding with Altisidora they try to make him think is Dulcinea.
(b) Sancho finally telling Don Quixote that he will finish his beating.
(c) A play about a stupid knight errant.
(d) An elaborate charade that calls for him to submit to pinches and pin pricks.
4. The curate, the barber, and the bachelor are not in agreement with whom over Quixote's decision to become a shepherd?
(a) Dulcinea and Maria
(b) The Duke and Duchess
(c) The niece and the housekeeper
(d) Sancho and Teresa
5. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
(a) The cathedral at Madrid
(b) Back to La Mancha
(c) The enchanted castle
(d) The cave of Montesinos
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrangements had the Duke made regarding the duel?
2. What strange thing does the bandit, Roque Guinart ,do after his men bring in a group of travelers?
3. How does Roque Guinart handle a mutineer among his men?
4. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
5. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sancho respond to more problems presented to him?
2. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
3. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
4. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
5. How does the Duchess use her conversation with Sancho Panza?
6. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
7. In spite of the set up of Sancho as governor of the island of Barataria, how does he do as a governor?
8. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
9. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
10. Describe the last bit of fun the castle servants are allowed to have with Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave.
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)