Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surprise plot twist as Don Quixote lays on his deathbed?
(a) He receives a visit from an angel.
(b) It is revealed that Don Quixote is dying from a broken heart.
(c) He renounces his knight errantry as madness.
(d) He writes a will that leaves Sancho Panza out.
2. When the wooden horse arrives, why are Quixote and Sancho blindfolded?
(a) They cannot see where the giant's hideout is.
(b) They might get airsick if they could see and look down.
(c) They have to get their eyes ready to see the giant in his dark castle.
(d) They are told they must do that for the horse to fly.
3. Why do Don Quixote and Sancho believe the outlandish tale?
(a) Because the Duke and duchess appear to believe it.
(b) Because Malambruno is supposed to be a clever enchanter.
(c) Because they have been drugged during dinner.
(d) Because they believe any tale that involves a damsel in distress.
4. What means of travel does the Duenna say the giant Malambruno will send for them to go to him?
(a) A giant wooden, flying horse
(b) A flying carpet
(c) A large blue bull
(d) A caravan of white elephant
5. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
(b) Cooked beef
(c) Hot bread
(d) Raw eggs
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tosilos reveal himself at the duel?
2. What is a goal of Sancho as he assumes his governorship of his island?
3. How does Sancho's common sense come though during the telling of the Countess' story?
4. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
5. What ignoble disaster befalls Don Quixote and Sancho out in the countryside?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)