|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they come to another inn, what does Don Quixote see?
(a) An inn
(b) A castle
(c) A cathedral
(d) A fortress
2. What do Don Quixote and the Duke do that involves the Duenna?
(a) They decide to play a good trick on her.
(b) They write unsigned love letters to her.
(c) They plan to repay her for all the tricks she has played on Quixote.
(d) They accept the challenge to help her daughter.
3. What is the irony of Sancho's coming into political power?
(a) Sancho id becoming the kind of man he has always resented.
(b) Before he could not have rich food because he was poor; now it is because the doctor thinks it is not good for him.
(c) Suddenly he has no friends which is unusual for a man like Sancho.
(d) Sancho is so accustomed to having Don Quixote tell him what to do, he is unhappy.
4. What is the price Don Quixote must pay for his defeat?
(a) He must become the squire of the Knight of the White Moon.
(b) He must give up Riconante.
(c) He must give Sancho to the knight.
(d) He must return home.
5. When the wooden horse arrives, why are Quixote and Sancho blindfolded?
(a) They might get airsick if they could see and look down.
(b) They have to get their eyes ready to see the giant in his dark castle.
(c) They are told they must do that for the horse to fly.
(d) They cannot see where the giant's hideout is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What madness does the puppet show bring on in the mind of Don Quixote?
2. Why is Don Antonio not pleased with the arrangement of Don Quixote going home?
3. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
4. Who do they meet at the inn who is mentioned in the false book about Don Quixote?
5. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
2. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
3. Why is Don Antonio disappointed that Quixote and Sancho are returning home?
4. Explain how Master Pedro and his trained ape are able to identify Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
5. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
6. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
7. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
8. Discuss Quixote's last hours.
9. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
10. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)