|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
(a) By a spurned young girl
(b) By cats with bells tied to them
(c) By falling down the stairs
(d) By sparring with the Duke
2. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
(a) He avenges the peasants.
(b) He champions Basilio.
(c) He teaches the students about knighthood.
(d) He helps Quiteria escape.
3. What is the discussion about between Don Diego and Don Quixote?
(a) The lives of the greatest knights errant
(b) The revival of knight errantry
(c) The current political situation in Spain
(d) A comparison of the value of poetry versus the sciences
4. On their way back to La Mancha, who do Don Quixote and Sancho run across?
(a) The troupe of actors they had met earlier and fought with.
(b) Tosilos, who reveals that he was not enchanted at the duel and also that he didn't follow through with the marriage anyway
(c) Don Quixote's niece who is on her way to Barcelona.
(d) The barber and the curate who have come looking for him.
5. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
(a) He makes many bumbling mistakes.
(b) He tears his new suit.
(c) He cannot think of any appropriate proverbs.
(d) His common sense astonishes everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
2. What madness does the puppet show bring on in the mind of Don Quixote?
3. What does Don Quixote say he would like to become?
4. Because Quixote is so despondent, what does Sancho agree to do for money?
5. How does the fake Merlin tell Sancho Panza that the enchantment of Dulcinea can be broken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
2. In spite of the set up of Sancho as governor of the island of Barataria, how does he do as a governor?
3. What second encounter with livestock happens to the Don and Sancho before they are arrested by the ten horsemen?
4. Explain how Master Pedro and his trained ape are able to identify Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
5. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
6. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
7. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
8. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
9. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
10. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)