|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally, Don Quixote and Sancho Panza are invited to a real castle. Who invites them?
(a) Dona Rodrigquez de Grijalba
(b) A prince of the realm
(c) Camila de Camacho
(d) A real Duke and Duchess
2. What plot does the Duchess hatch against Sancho?
(a) She tries to seduce Sancho.
(b) She plans to send the duenna to Sancho's isle.
(c) She send a letter to Sancho saying that Don Quixote is dying.
(d) She decides to send the same page who played the part of Dulcinea to visit Teresa Panza with Sancho's letter
3. Why is the Duchess so amused by Sancho Panza?
(a) She wants to help him realize his dreams.
(b) She sees that Quixote is mad but judges Sancho to be stupid.
(c) She thinks he is simple and honest.
(d) She is too kind to object to his speech and behavior.
4. What causes Sancho to resign his post and leave his isle?
(a) His desire to ride Dapple again
(b) His homesickness
(c) A trick some men play on him and call him a turtle
(d) His needing to see Don Quixote
5. Who tries early in this second part to get Don Quixote to go home?
(a) The Knight of the Wood and the penitents.
(b) The niece, the housekeeper, and Teresa Panza.
(c) The curate, the barber and the bachelor, Sampson.
(d) The villagers of La Mancha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
2. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
3. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
4. What arrangements had the Duke made regarding the duel?
5. Who does Sancho get into an argument with about waiting women?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)