|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
(a) Putting his elbows on the table
(b) Interrupting Don Quixote while he is talking
(c) Asking the Duchess' Lady in Waiting to stable his ass
(d) Eating with his fingers
2. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
(a) Lions will never sleep with lambs.
(b) I pretend my right hand is paralyzed so I have to use my left hand.
(c) Anybody can be a governor.
(d) We are all the same when we sleep.
3. Why do Don Quixote and Sancho believe the outlandish tale?
(a) Because Malambruno is supposed to be a clever enchanter.
(b) Because they have been drugged during dinner.
(c) Because they believe any tale that involves a damsel in distress.
(d) Because the Duke and duchess appear to believe it.
4. What is the literary significance of the pit Sancho and Dapple fall into?
(a) It represents the intrigue of the court.
(b) It represents a new beginning for Sancho.
(c) It represents how his wife will react when she finds out he quit his job.
(d) It represents a kind of fall from grace.
5. Why is Don Antonio not pleased with the arrangement of Don Quixote going home?
(a) He knows Don Quixote is not happy.
(b) He thinks Sampson won by trickery.
(c) He wants to get money out of Don Quixote.
(d) He can have no more fun with the Don.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
2. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
3. How does Roque Guinart handle a mutineer among his men?
4. On their way back to La Mancha, who do Don Quixote and Sancho run across?
5. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
2. Discuss Quixote's last hours.
3. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
4. What happens when Don Quixote attempts to take matters into his own hands to finish Sancho's thrashing?
5. What elaborate set-up does Don Antonio Moreno arrange to have fun with Don Quixote and Sancho?
6. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
7. Describe Don Quixote's emotional state as he returns to his home.
8. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
9. What happens on the River Ebro?
10. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)