|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
(a) Interrupting Don Quixote while he is talking
(b) Putting his elbows on the table
(c) Eating with his fingers
(d) Asking the Duchess' Lady in Waiting to stable his ass
2. On the galley, Don Quixote gets a royal greeting but what happens to Sancho Panza?
(a) He is pushed into the sea.
(b) He is picked up by the crew and tossed around.
(c) He is forced to be an oarsman.
(d) He is tied to the mast.
3. What happens to the boat Sancho and Quixote expropriate on the river?
(a) It stops in the middle of the river and will not go further.
(b) It smashes on the wheel at a mill Quixote imagines is another castle.
(c) It goes over the falls.
(d) It is sunk by angry people who own the boat.
4. Who arrives next to see the famous Don Quixote?
(a) Countess Trifaldi, also called the Doleful Duenna
(b) Sir Lancelot of the Round Table
(c) Queen Guenevere
(d) The Duke of Earl
5. Who do they meet at the inn who is mentioned in the false book about Don Quixote?
(a) Sancho Panza's cousin
(b) Don Alvaro Tarfe
(c) Don Cardenio
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two gentlemen Quixote and Sancho meet in the inn?
2. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
3. What happens as they ride up to meet a Duchess and a Duke?
4. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
5. What is the irony of Sancho's coming into political power?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Don Antonio disappointed that Quixote and Sancho are returning home?
2. What trick is played on Sancho that makes him resign his governorship and return to Don Quixote?
3. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
4. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
5. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
6. Explain how Master Pedro and his trained ape are able to identify Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
7. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
8. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
9. What occurs when Don Diego de Miranda joins Quixote and Sancho on the road?
10. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)