Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the fake Merlin tell Sancho Panza that the enchantment of Dulcinea can be broken?
(a) He must ride Dapple into the moat.
(b) He must steal Don Quixote's brass helmet.
(c) He must dress up like a lady in waiting.
(d) He must whip himself 3,300 times on the bare buttocks.
2. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
(a) He asked the ape to find out for him.
(b) He has read the first volume.
(c) He has a confederate who suppplies him with information.
(d) Master Pedro turns out to be Gines de Pasamonte from Volume One
3. How does Don Quixote impress Don Diego de Miranda?
(a) His riding style
(b) His splended armor
(c) His elequent and educated speech
(d) His kindness to Sancho
4. In a scheme to poke fun at Don Quixote and Sancho, who makes an appearance?
(a) A milkmaid dressed as the Lady Dulcinea
(b) An actor dressed as the Devil
(c) A cow saddled like a knight's steed
(d) The eccliastic dressed as an avenging angel
5. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
(a) He makes many bumbling mistakes.
(b) He cannot think of any appropriate proverbs.
(c) His common sense astonishes everyone.
(d) He tears his new suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives next to see the famous Don Quixote?
2. Who does Quixote insist he meets down in the Cave of Montesinos?
3. What is the literary significance of the pit Sancho and Dapple fall into?
4. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
5. How does the Countess of Trifaldi attempt to capture the interest of Don Quixote?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)