|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dilemma of the steward?
(a) He is supposed to destroy Sancho but he sees the good Sancho is doing.
(b) He thinks Sancho is crazy and he can get rich by using him.
(c) He is supposed to help Sancho but he wants to be the governor himself.
(d) He likes Sancho and does not want to go back to the castle.
2. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
(a) He wears his everyday clothes.
(b) He rejects being called Don Sancho Panza.
(c) He talks only to the poor.
(d) He refuses to sit on a throne.
3. After the stoning, Sancho Panza makes what demand on Don Quixote?
(a) He demands to be made a knight.
(b) He demands a security team to keep them from being beaten.
(c) He demands a new horse to ride.
(d) He demands money again after seeing that Don Quixote is a man of means.
4. Who does Quixote insist he meets down in the Cave of Montesinos?
(a) Sir Arthur and his magic sword
(b) The knights of the Round Table
(c) Durandarte, an enchanted knight who had his heart removed for love when he was vanquished.
(d) St. George's dragon
5. What ignoble disaster befalls Don Quixote and Sancho out in the countryside?
(a) They are trampled by swine.
(b) They fall into a swamp.
(c) They are robbed of everything.
(d) They are attacked by birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roque Guinart handle a mutineer among his men?
2. How does the fake Merlin tell Sancho Panza that the enchantment of Dulcinea can be broken?
3. Who is the unexpected pleasure for Don Quixote in Don Diego's house?
4. What one last joke is played on Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave the castle?
5. What is the irony of Sancho's coming into political power?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Don Quixote attempts to take matters into his own hands to finish Sancho's thrashing?
2. Describe Don Quixote's emotional state as he returns to his home.
3. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
4. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
5. What second encounter with livestock happens to the Don and Sancho before they are arrested by the ten horsemen?
6. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
7. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
8. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
9. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
10. Explain how Master Pedro and his trained ape are able to identify Don Quixote and Sancho Panza.
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)