|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quixote do when Sancho must leave to assume his governorship?
(a) He gets angry that he cannot go, too.
(b) He pays Sancho his back wages.
(c) He gives him good advice for ruling.
(d) He starts looking for another squire.
2. What are the omens Don Quixote perceives as meanings he will never meet Dulcinea?
(a) The words of a boy and a hare under Dapple
(b) Dark clouds and spotted goats
(c) A box full of crickets and a black cat
(d) A falling star and a blood red moon
3. What is the point of the Countess of Trifaldi's story?
(a) It mocks Don Quixote as being a phony.
(b) It is a story to challenge Quixote to tell a better one.
(c) It is a trick to get Don Quixote to fight the giant Malambruno.
(d) It is a plan to get Sancho Panza to leave Don Quixote.
4. How does Cervantes work yet another side plot into his story at the point of boarding the ships?
(a) He tells the tale of a Christian woman who is captain of a pirate ship.
(b) He writes about a woman who dresses as a man to find her lover.
(c) He te;;s about drunken Turks who abduct a beautiful Christian woman.
(d) He tells about a love affair that goes terribly wrong.
5. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
(a) He rejects being called Don Sancho Panza.
(b) He wears his everyday clothes.
(c) He talks only to the poor.
(d) He refuses to sit on a throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Don Quixote think Dulcinea is still enchanted?
2. Who challenges Don Quixote and defeats him?
3. What ignoble disaster befalls Don Quixote and Sancho out in the countryside?
4. What do Don Quixote and the Duke do that involves the Duenna?
5. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)