|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sancho amazed once again at Don Quixote's vast knowledge?
(a) He gives detailed information about Saint George, Saint Martin, Saint James and Saint Paul.
(b) Quixote knows exactly where they are and how to get to where they are going.
(c) Quixote can anser any question Sancho asks him.
(d) Quixote gives Sancho a science lesson about the moon and stars.
2. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
(a) His butting in to Quixote's conversations
(b) His rambling on and on without a point
(c) His use of homespun proverbs
(d) His affected speech
3. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
(a) He becomes grand and snobbish.
(b) He forgets all his old friends and family.
(c) He starts plotting how to amass great sums of money.
(d) He does not seem as pleased as he thought he would be.
4. Because Quixote is so despondent, what does Sancho agree to do for money?
(a) He will trade Dapple for Dulcinea.
(b) He will go and bring Dulcinea to Quixote.
(c) He will beat himself for a set amount per lash.
(d) He will find the person who enchanted Dulcinea.
5. Finally, Don Quixote and Sancho Panza are invited to a real castle. Who invites them?
(a) Dona Rodrigquez de Grijalba
(b) A real Duke and Duchess
(c) A prince of the realm
(d) Camila de Camacho
Short Answer Questions
1. On their way back to La Mancha, who do Don Quixote and Sancho run across?
2. What is the dilemma of the steward?
3. What causes Sancho to resign his post and leave his isle?
4. How does Don Quixote impress Don Diego de Miranda?
5. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
2. Discuss Quixote's last hours.
3. How does the Duchess use her conversation with Sancho Panza?
4. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
5. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
6. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
7. What happens when Don Quixote attempts to take matters into his own hands to finish Sancho's thrashing?
8. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
9. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
10. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)