|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
(a) To the moat to take a swim
(b) To the stable to check on Dapple
(c) With the servants to play games
(d) To hold a conversation with the Duchess
2. What arrangements had the Duke made regarding the duel?
(a) To stop the duel and declare Don Quixote the winner
(b) To convince Don Quixote that it was all an illusion
(c) To invite the country people to watch
(d) To keep injury to a minimum
3. How does the Countess of Trifaldi attempt to capture the interest of Don Quixote?
(a) With a tale of an evil count
(b) With a tale of a giant
(c) With a tale of two lovers
(d) With a tale of dragons
4. Because Quixote is so despondent, what does Sancho agree to do for money?
(a) He will trade Dapple for Dulcinea.
(b) He will find the person who enchanted Dulcinea.
(c) He will beat himself for a set amount per lash.
(d) He will go and bring Dulcinea to Quixote.
5. While staying at the castle of the Duke and Duchess, what does Sancho do every time he gets frightened?
(a) He jumps behind Don Quixote.
(b) He pretends to be the Duke's valet.
(c) He crawls under a table.
(d) He hides in the Duchess' skirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sancho do in response to Don Quixote's suggestion?
2. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
3. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
4. Why does Tosilos reveal himself at the duel?
5. On the galley, Don Quixote gets a royal greeting but what happens to Sancho Panza?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
2. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
3. Describe Don Quixote's emotional state as he returns to his home.
4. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
5. In a kind of switch, what is Don Quixote's reaction to Sancho's belief about the ride on the wooden flying horse?
6. How does Sancho respond to more problems presented to him?
7. Describe the irony of Sancho's eating habits as governor of the island of Barataria.
8. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
9. What happens on the River Ebro?
10. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)