|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
(a) Raw eggs
(b) Cooked beef
(d) Hot bread
2. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
(a) He becomes grand and snobbish.
(b) He forgets all his old friends and family.
(c) He does not seem as pleased as he thought he would be.
(d) He starts plotting how to amass great sums of money.
3. What do Don Quixote and the Duke do that involves the Duenna?
(a) They write unsigned love letters to her.
(b) They plan to repay her for all the tricks she has played on Quixote.
(c) They decide to play a good trick on her.
(d) They accept the challenge to help her daughter.
4. How does Sancho's common sense come though during the telling of the Countess' story?
(a) He suspects the Countess is another of the household maids.
(b) He questions why a Queen would die at the marriage of her daughter.
(c) He says that the idea of turning the princess into a brass monkey is absurd.
(d) He does not believe Don Clavijo could become a metal crocodile.
5. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
(a) Quiteria marrying Basilio when it appears he is about to die.
(b) Telling Camacho that Quiteria is pregnant with Basilio's child.
(c) Pretending that Basilio has kidnapped Quiteria.
(d) Sending another heavily veiled girl in to wed Camacho.
Short Answer Questions
1. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
2. Who challenges Don Quixote and defeats him?
3. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
4. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
5. Why does Sampson's pretend squire leave him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Don Quixote's emotional state as he returns to his home.
2. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
3. What causes Don Quixote and Sancho to leave the young shepherdesses they had promised to champion?
4. Discuss Quixote's last hours.
5. How does Sancho show his ignorance upon entering the castle of the Duchess and the Duke?
6. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
7. On the way to the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich, why does Quixote scold Sancho?
8. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
9. Why is Don Antonio disappointed that Quixote and Sancho are returning home?
10. What happens on the River Ebro?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)