|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do so many people in Barcelona know Don Quixote's name?
(a) Sancho goes ahead and tells everyone who is coming.
(b) People there have read the Benengeli history.
(c) Don Antonio has pinned his name across his back.
(d) Barcelona people are friendlier than others.
2. Why does Sampson's pretend squire leave him?
(a) He has become friends with Sancho who will be hurt.
(b) He says Sampson is behaving as mad as Don Quixote.
(c) He decides the wants to be the knight himself.
(d) Sampson has no money to pay him.
3. What does Don Quixote say he would like to become?
(a) A professor
(b) A banker
(c) A shepherd
(d) A cleric
4. What is a goal of Sancho as he assumes his governorship of his island?
(a) To see that girls stay in the home
(b) To stop boys from dressing like girls
(c) To shut down the gambling houses
(d) To see that everyone pays taxes
5. Who do they meet at the inn who is mentioned in the false book about Don Quixote?
(b) Don Cardenio
(c) Sancho Panza's cousin
(d) Don Alvaro Tarfe
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the irony of Sancho's coming into political power?
2. What is the surprise plot twist as Don Quixote lays on his deathbed?
3. Who is the unexpected pleasure for Don Quixote in Don Diego's house?
4. Who does Sancho get into an argument with about waiting women?
5. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)