|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do so many people in Barcelona know Don Quixote's name?
(a) People there have read the Benengeli history.
(b) Sancho goes ahead and tells everyone who is coming.
(c) Don Antonio has pinned his name across his back.
(d) Barcelona people are friendlier than others.
2. What are the omens Don Quixote perceives as meanings he will never meet Dulcinea?
(a) A falling star and a blood red moon
(b) Dark clouds and spotted goats
(c) A box full of crickets and a black cat
(d) The words of a boy and a hare under Dapple
3. What plot does the Duchess hatch against Sancho?
(a) She decides to send the same page who played the part of Dulcinea to visit Teresa Panza with Sancho's letter
(b) She plans to send the duenna to Sancho's isle.
(c) She tries to seduce Sancho.
(d) She send a letter to Sancho saying that Don Quixote is dying.
4. What is the discussion about between Don Diego and Don Quixote?
(a) A comparison of the value of poetry versus the sciences
(b) The revival of knight errantry
(c) The current political situation in Spain
(d) The lives of the greatest knights errant
5. What is the significance of Ricote in the the story?
(a) It points out the religious persecution of the day.
(b) It makes a transition for Sancho back into regular life.
(c) It show how people who know the joke can believe Sancho as a governor.
(d) It takes up a few pages in the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Quixote is so despondent, what does Sancho agree to do for money?
2. What is the surprise plot twist as Don Quixote lays on his deathbed?
3. How does Don Quixote impress Don Diego de Miranda?
4. What does Sancho do in response to Don Quixote's suggestion?
5. What advice does Don Quixote give the young page on the way to the inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the finish to the story of the Countess Trifaldi?
2. Why is Don Antonio disappointed that Quixote and Sancho are returning home?
3. Describe the humorous story of the braying town.
4. Why is Sancho shocked by the message of Death on the huge wagon of white-clad penitents?
5. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
6. What happens when Don Quixote is finally defeated by another knight who orders him to return to La Mancha.
7. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
8. Describe the last bit of fun the castle servants are allowed to have with Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave.
9. Why do the ten horsemen take Quixote and Sancho back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess?
10. Discuss Quixote's last hours.
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)