|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(b) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(c) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(d) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
2. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
(a) He overhears them speaking in his native tongue.
(b) He touches them and they feel like human bodies.
(c) He sees that they leave footprints when they walk.
(d) He does not believe in demons.
3. When Sancho tells his wife, Teresa, that he is going again with Don Quixote, what advice does Teresa give?
(a) To remain in his own station and not think of governorships.
(b) That he must come home with another 100 crowns or not come home at all.
(c) That he should break his leg and get out of going with the madman.
(d) That this time he will surely die.
4. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
(a) One actor plays a trick that causes Rozinante to throw Don Quixote.
(b) Don Quixote thinks they are emmisaries from the Lady Dulcinea.
(c) Don Quixote thinks they are the king and his court.
(d) Don Quixote asks them for money to support a knight errant.
5. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
(a) Back in La Mancha
(b) The inn where they stayed before
(c) The Sierra Morena mountains
(d) The fulling mills
Short Answer Questions
1. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
2. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
3. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
4. What is the plan to transport Don Quixote back to La Mancha?
5. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Relate Don Quixote's battle with the giant of Micomicon.
2. How does the student Sampson enter into Don Quixote's life?
3. Give evidence that the farmer's daughter is a popular theme in Cervantes' writing.
4. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
5. Discuss Don Quixote's illusions that cause him to do battle with strange things.
6. What is Sancho's comic rationale for believing Don Quixote is not in an enchanted cage at all?
7. Describe how Cervantes suggests that Don Quixote descends into madness.
8. Outline the story of what Anselmo wants Lothario to do.
9. Relate how Sancho Panza prevents Don Quixote from charging toward a loud noise in the dark of night.
10. How does Don Quixote agree to return to La Mancha?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)