|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
(b) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
(c) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
(d) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
2. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
(a) Peter and Paul
(b) Amadis and Orlando
(c) Valiant and Gawain
(d) Arthur and Lancelot
3. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
(a) How Leandra became a shepardess.
(b) Unrequited love for Leandra
(c) Betrayal by a woman
(d) How his goat is the enchanted Leandra.
4. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A mop bucket
(b) A brass barber's bowl
(c) A gravy boat
(d) A tea kettle
5. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
(a) The innkeeper
(b) The barber from La Mancha
(c) The curate
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
2. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
3. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
4. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
5. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give a physical description of Quizada before he transforms himself into Don Quixote.
2. Relate how Sancho Panza prevents Don Quixote from charging toward a loud noise in the dark of night.
3. What happens when the Don and Sancho meet an acting troupe still in costume?
4. What happens while Don Quixote is allowed out of the cage on the oxcart?
5. Discuss Marcela's defense of herself at the funeral of Chrisostom.
6. How does Don Quixote agree to return to La Mancha?
7. Describe the visit of the barber and the curate to Don Quixote after his return home.
8. How does the student Sampson enter into Don Quixote's life?
9. What is the significance of the Knight of the Wood?
10. Describe how Cervantes suggests that Don Quixote descends into madness.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)