|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
(a) He says he never read anything like that in his books about knight errantry.
(b) He pays him with enchanted money that Sancho cannot see.
(c) He fires him and starts looking for a replacement.
(d) He turns it around and gets Sancho to pay him a monthly wage.
2. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
(a) The priest at the church thinks they are up to no good and refuses to tell them where to find Dulcinea.
(b) Dulcinea is in the village selling wheat but they do not recognize her.
(c) Neither of them has ever seen Dulcinea and they do not know where to find her.
(d) Dulcinea has traveled to Madrid to visit the Queen.
3. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(b) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(c) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(d) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
4. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
(a) Dapple throws the actor on his back and returns to Sancho Panza.
(b) Dapple falls in love with a horse that is pulling the actors' wagon.
(c) Once again, Sancho Panza is forced to walk.
(d) Don Quixote will do nothing because they are common people.
5. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
(a) By pretending to be the sister of the Lady Dulcinea.
(b) By pretending to be a Queen driven from her country by evil giants.
(c) By reading aloud from a book of chivalry each night.
(d) By promising to marry him if he gets her home safely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
2. What does the canon think about drama of his day?
3. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
4. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
5. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
Short Essay Questions
1. Relate Don Quixote's battle with the giant of Micomicon.
2. Tell the story of how Don Quixote becomes entangled with the criminal, Gines de Pasamonte.
3. How does the student Sampson enter into Don Quixote's life?
4. Outline the story of what Anselmo wants Lothario to do.
5. What is the story of the Princess Micomicona, of the land of Micomicon?
6. Before the start of the second part of their adventures, why do Sancho and Don Quixote have a disagreement?
7. How is the character of Don Quixote enlarged and filled out by Cervantes?
8. What happens while Don Quixote is allowed out of the cage on the oxcart?
9. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
10. Describe Dorothea's relationship with Don Fernando.
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)