|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
(b) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
(c) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
(d) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
2. What happens when Don Quixote, moved by Eugenio's tale, volunteers to rescue his love and restore her to him?
(a) They fight when Eugenio suggests that Don Quixote is out of his mind.
(b) Eugenio begs to go with Don Quixote to rescue Leandra.
(c) Eugenio falls at his feet with tears in his eyes.
(d) Eugenio says it is too late because Leandra is dead.
3. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
(a) From the prostitutes he imagines as great ladies
(b) From the innkeeper he imagines as Lord of a great castle
(c) From Dulcinea del Toboso
(d) From a passing knight errant
4. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
(a) He turns it around and gets Sancho to pay him a monthly wage.
(b) He fires him and starts looking for a replacement.
(c) He pays him with enchanted money that Sancho cannot see.
(d) He says he never read anything like that in his books about knight errantry.
5. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His vast collection of books
(b) His poor diet
(c) The cheap wine he has been drinking
(d) His extreme old age
Short Answer Questions
1. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
2. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
3. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
4. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
5. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. Outline the story of what Anselmo wants Lothario to do.
2. Describe Dorothea's relationship with Don Fernando.
3. Discuss Marcela's defense of herself at the funeral of Chrisostom.
4. Describe the story of the Captive Captain.
5. Before the start of the second part of their adventures, why do Sancho and Don Quixote have a disagreement?
6. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
7. How does the student Sampson enter into Don Quixote's life?
8. What is the story of the Princess Micomicona, of the land of Micomicon?
9. What is Sancho's comic rationale for believing Don Quixote is not in an enchanted cage at all?
10. How does Teresa Panza show her practical side?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)