|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
(a) The goarherds laugh at him and send him away.
(b) He is set upon to see if he has money.
(c) He is welcomed, fed, entertained and medicated.
(d) The goatherds fear him because he is mad.
2. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
(a) Dapple falls in love with a horse that is pulling the actors' wagon.
(b) Don Quixote will do nothing because they are common people.
(c) Once again, Sancho Panza is forced to walk.
(d) Dapple throws the actor on his back and returns to Sancho Panza.
3. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) A catalogue
(b) A Bible
(c) An old book of chivalry
(d) His ledger book
4. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(b) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(c) They think there are many men attacking them.
(d) They cannot see well in the darkness.
5. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A mop bucket
(b) A brass barber's bowl
(c) A tea kettle
(d) A gravy boat
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
2. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
3. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
4. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
5. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before the start of the second part of their adventures, why do Sancho and Don Quixote have a disagreement?
2. Why is Don Antonio disappointed that Quixote and Sancho are returning home?
3. What is the significance of the Knight of the Wood?
4. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
5. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
6. Highlight Don Quixote's advice to Sancho before he leaves to become governor.
7. How do many people abuse Don Quixote's madness?
8. What happens on the River Ebro?
9. Explain why Sancho is conscience stricken after Don Quixote's return from the cave of Montesinos.
10. What event causes Don Diego to invite Don Quixote and Sancho to his house?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)