Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
(a) He is another unreal enchantment.
(b) He is actually a woman.
(c) He is actually Sampson.
(d) He has not actually been knighted.
2. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(b) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(c) The tale of Robin and Marian
(d) The tale of two cities
3. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
(b) They are about the same age, height, and build.
(c) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
(d) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
4. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
(a) Everyone laughs at him because he cannot defend himself.
(b) Now no one wants to hire him because they say he has a knight protecting him.
(c) He doesn't want to be any further indebted to the knight errant.
(d) He is punished even worse after Don Quixote rides away.
5. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
(a) They are his first encounters with giants he needs to slay.
(b) They are misadventures that end in disaster for Don Quixote and a boy he tries to save.
(c) They are histerically funny adventures that see him victorious.
(d) They are completely imaginary in Don Quixote's head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
2. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
3. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
4. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
5. On their next adventure, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza head first?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Quixote contrast the life of a soldier and that of a scholar?
2. What event causes Don Diego to invite Don Quixote and Sancho to his house?
3. What advice does Don Quixote send Sancho in a letter?
4. Describe how Cervantes presents Sancho as one motivated by money.
5. Describe how Cervantes suggests that Don Quixote descends into madness.
6. Discuss how Don Quixote always explains away any adverse events or circumstances.
7. What happens when Don Quixote attempts to take matters into his own hands to finish Sancho's thrashing?
8. What happens on the River Ebro?
9. What is the problem involving the Infanta Antonomasia?
10. What dramatic event happens at the wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)