|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the plan to transport Don Quixote back to La Mancha?
(a) He is held in a makeshift cage on back of an oxcart.
(b) He is ited to the back of his horse and led to La Mancha.
(c) He is taken prisoner by the king's horsemen.
(d) He is tricked into leading them to La Mancha because Dulcinea has come there.
2. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
(b) The princess of El Toboso.
(c) A cruel murderess.
(d) The milkmaid who marries a king.
3. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
(b) A group of soldiers on military training
(c) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
(d) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
4. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
(b) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(c) He says that he has never read one of them.
(d) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
5. On their next adventure, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza head first?
(a) To Constantinople to start a crusade
(b) Back to the inn that Quixote thinks is a castle
(c) To the mountains for some training
(d) To El Toboso to get the blessing of the Lady Dulcinea
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
2. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
3. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
4. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
5. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Don and Sancho meet an acting troupe still in costume?
2. Relate Don Quixote's battle with the giant of Micomicon.
3. Discuss how Don Quixote always explains away any adverse events or circumstances.
4. When Don Quixote sees a girl Sancho says is Dulcinea, what are the circumstances?
5. How does Teresa Panza show her practical side?
6. Describe the story of the Captive Captain.
7. How does Don Quixote agree to return to La Mancha?
8. Describe Rocinante.
9. What happens while Don Quixote is allowed out of the cage on the oxcart?
10. Describe how Cervantes suggests that Don Quixote descends into madness.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)