|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roque Guinart handle a mutineer among his men?
(a) He banishes him from the band of robbers.
(b) He has him horse whipped.
(c) He has him hanged from the nearest tree.
(d) He splits his head with his sword.
2. Why does Don Quixote go to Barcelona instead of Saragossa?
(a) The Saragossa tournament has been canceled.
(b) Don Jeronimo and Don Juan are going to Barcelona.
(c) Barcelona is closer.
(d) He resolves to go to Barcelona just to discredit the Benengeli history.
3. Who challenges Don Quixote and defeats him?
(a) The giant of Algiers
(b) The captain of the guard
(c) The Knight of the Mirrors
(d) The Knight of the White Moon
4. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
(a) Lions will never sleep with lambs.
(b) We are all the same when we sleep.
(c) Anybody can be a governor.
(d) I pretend my right hand is paralyzed so I have to use my left hand.
5. How does the Duke get Sancho to agree to the self flagellation?
(a) Getting him drunk with summer wine
(b) Fear that he might lose the governorship the Duke promised him
(c) Bribing him with a large sum of money
(d) Promising him a new green suit
6. What does Sancho do in response to Don Quixote's suggestion?
(a) He minds the poor and makes good and just laws, but not too many.
(b) He gives lots of banquets for the wealthy.
(c) He invites all knights errant to come to the island.
(d) He raises taxes and builds schools.
7. What does Don Quixote say he would like to become?
(a) A professor
(b) A banker
(c) A cleric
(d) A shepherd
8. What one last joke is played on Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave the castle?
(a) They put ants in Don Quixote's armor.
(b) They put the Duchess' handkerchief in Sancho's pants pocket.
(c) Altisidora accuses Quixote of stealing her garters.
(d) They tie the tails of Dapple and Roxinante together.
9. Who else does Quixote insist he sees inside the cave?
(a) Dulcinea still enchanted as a peasant girl.
(b) Teresa Panza looking for her husband.
(c) The priest and the barbers looking for the way out.
(d) The Knight of the Wood looking for revenge.
10. What is a goal of Sancho as he assumes his governorship of his island?
(a) To see that girls stay in the home
(b) To shut down the gambling houses
(c) To see that everyone pays taxes
(d) To stop boys from dressing like girls
11. What arrangements had the Duke made regarding the duel?
(a) To convince Don Quixote that it was all an illusion
(b) To keep injury to a minimum
(c) To invite the country people to watch
(d) To stop the duel and declare Don Quixote the winner
12. What happens as they ride up to meet a Duchess and a Duke?
(a) They knock over the tent where the Duke and Duchess are sitting.
(b) They make fools of themselves falling off their mounts.
(c) They allow Dapple and Rozinante to eat from the table.
(d) Don Quixote see them as evil rulers.
13. On the galley, Don Quixote gets a royal greeting but what happens to Sancho Panza?
(a) He is picked up by the crew and tossed around.
(b) He is forced to be an oarsman.
(c) He is pushed into the sea.
(d) He is tied to the mast.
14. What is the dilemma of the steward?
(a) He thinks Sancho is crazy and he can get rich by using him.
(b) He is supposed to help Sancho but he wants to be the governor himself.
(c) He likes Sancho and does not want to go back to the castle.
(d) He is supposed to destroy Sancho but he sees the good Sancho is doing.
15. What is the moral of the story of the braying town going to war with its neighbors?
(a) If you must bray, don't tell anyone.
(b) People who know how to bray should keep quiet.
(c) People should not make fun of people who bray.
(d) Not all war is honorable and glorious.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
2. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
3. Who does Quixote insist he meets down in the Cave of Montesinos?
4. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
5. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)