|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
(a) The fine bed he is given
(b) The acrobats
(c) The beautiful dancing girls
(d) Camacho's vast wealth
2. On the galley, Don Quixote gets a royal greeting but what happens to Sancho Panza?
(a) He is pushed into the sea.
(b) He is picked up by the crew and tossed around.
(c) He is tied to the mast.
(d) He is forced to be an oarsman.
3. Why does Tosilos reveal himself at the duel?
(a) He suddenly desires to marry the Duenna's daughter.
(b) He decides he can see better without a helmet.
(c) He gets scared and thinks revealing himself will stop Don Quixote.
(d) He doesn't want to harm an old man.
4. Who are the two gentlemen Quixote and Sancho meet in the inn?
(a) Don Juan and Don Carlos.
(b) Don Luis and Don Cardenio.
(c) Don Leandro and Don Camacho.
(d) Don Jeronimo and Don Juan.
5. What comes back to Sancho from his behavior toward Don Quixote?
(a) Now people are asking him for money.
(b) Now people think he is mad.
(c) Now he has to hear all court cases.
(d) Now he has to make all the decisions.
6. What ignoble disaster befalls Don Quixote and Sancho out in the countryside?
(a) They are attacked by birds.
(b) They are robbed of everything.
(c) They fall into a swamp.
(d) They are trampled by swine.
7. What is the discussion about between Don Diego and Don Quixote?
(a) The lives of the greatest knights errant
(b) The revival of knight errantry
(c) The current political situation in Spain
(d) A comparison of the value of poetry versus the sciences
8. Why do so many people in Barcelona know Don Quixote's name?
(a) People there have read the Benengeli history.
(b) Sancho goes ahead and tells everyone who is coming.
(c) Don Antonio has pinned his name across his back.
(d) Barcelona people are friendlier than others.
9. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
(a) He starts plotting how to amass great sums of money.
(b) He forgets all his old friends and family.
(c) He becomes grand and snobbish.
(d) He does not seem as pleased as he thought he would be.
10. What is the dilemma of the steward?
(a) He is supposed to help Sancho but he wants to be the governor himself.
(b) He likes Sancho and does not want to go back to the castle.
(c) He thinks Sancho is crazy and he can get rich by using him.
(d) He is supposed to destroy Sancho but he sees the good Sancho is doing.
11. Why is Sancho amazed once again at Don Quixote's vast knowledge?
(a) Quixote can anser any question Sancho asks him.
(b) He gives detailed information about Saint George, Saint Martin, Saint James and Saint Paul.
(c) Quixote gives Sancho a science lesson about the moon and stars.
(d) Quixote knows exactly where they are and how to get to where they are going.
12. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
(a) His butting in to Quixote's conversations
(b) His use of homespun proverbs
(c) His affected speech
(d) His rambling on and on without a point
13. What does Sancho do in response to Don Quixote's suggestion?
(a) He minds the poor and makes good and just laws, but not too many.
(b) He invites all knights errant to come to the island.
(c) He gives lots of banquets for the wealthy.
(d) He raises taxes and builds schools.
14. What strange thing does the bandit, Roque Guinart ,do after his men bring in a group of travelers?
(a) He lets everyone go except the President's Lady.
(b) He does not rob them of anything.
(c) He takes all the horses and sends them on walking.
(d) He returns most of their goods and money to them.
15. Where are Quixote and Sancho taken by the ten horsemen?
(a) To La Mancha
(b) Back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess
(c) To the inn that Quixote thinks is a castle
(d) To the galleys
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Don Quixote give the young page on the way to the inn?
2. Why were the Duke and Duchess eager to meet Don Quixote and Sancho?
3. How does Don Quixote impress Don Diego de Miranda?
4. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
5. What causes Sancho to resign his post and leave his isle?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)