|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
(a) Learn how to dress properly
(b) Learn to write and read a little
(c) Learn to speak without using proverbs
(d) Send a letter to La Mancha so Teresa will know where he is.
2. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
(a) Hot bread
(b) Cooked beef
(c) Raw eggs
3. What comes back to Sancho from his behavior toward Don Quixote?
(a) Now people are asking him for money.
(b) Now he has to hear all court cases.
(c) Now he has to make all the decisions.
(d) Now people think he is mad.
4. Who arrives next to see the famous Don Quixote?
(a) The Duke of Earl
(b) Sir Lancelot of the Round Table
(c) Countess Trifaldi, also called the Doleful Duenna
(d) Queen Guenevere
5. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
(a) Camacho's vast wealth
(b) The beautiful dancing girls
(c) The acrobats
(d) The fine bed he is given
6. When they come to another inn, what does Don Quixote see?
(a) A castle
(b) An inn
(c) A fortress
(d) A cathedral
7. What is a goal of Sancho as he assumes his governorship of his island?
(a) To see that girls stay in the home
(b) To stop boys from dressing like girls
(c) To see that everyone pays taxes
(d) To shut down the gambling houses
8. When the wooden horse arrives, why are Quixote and Sancho blindfolded?
(a) They are told they must do that for the horse to fly.
(b) They might get airsick if they could see and look down.
(c) They have to get their eyes ready to see the giant in his dark castle.
(d) They cannot see where the giant's hideout is.
9. What is the price Don Quixote must pay for his defeat?
(a) He must return home.
(b) He must give Sancho to the knight.
(c) He must give up Riconante.
(d) He must become the squire of the Knight of the White Moon.
10. Why is Don Antonio not pleased with the arrangement of Don Quixote going home?
(a) He thinks Sampson won by trickery.
(b) He can have no more fun with the Don.
(c) He knows Don Quixote is not happy.
(d) He wants to get money out of Don Quixote.
11. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
(a) By sparring with the Duke
(b) By a spurned young girl
(c) By cats with bells tied to them
(d) By falling down the stairs
12. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
(a) He forgets all his old friends and family.
(b) He does not seem as pleased as he thought he would be.
(c) He starts plotting how to amass great sums of money.
(d) He becomes grand and snobbish.
13. What madness does the puppet show bring on in the mind of Don Quixote?
(a) He believes the puppets are warning him against a danger.
(b) He jumps on his horse and goes looking for Moors.
(c) He thinks the Moors chasing the Catholic lovers are real and he attacks them.
(d) He believes the puppets are enchanted and need a magician.
14. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
(a) The wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich
(b) A duel between Camacho and Basilio, a former lover of Quiteria
(c) The sports games of the county
(d) The local fair and festival
15. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
(a) He tears his new suit.
(b) He makes many bumbling mistakes.
(c) He cannot think of any appropriate proverbs.
(d) His common sense astonishes everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the irony of Sancho's coming into political power?
2. What strange thing does the bandit, Roque Guinart ,do after his men bring in a group of travelers?
3. Who do they meet at the inn who is mentioned in the false book about Don Quixote?
4. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
5. What is the surprise plot twist as Don Quixote lays on his deathbed?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)