|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the boat Sancho and Quixote expropriate on the river?
(a) It is sunk by angry people who own the boat.
(b) It smashes on the wheel at a mill Quixote imagines is another castle.
(c) It goes over the falls.
(d) It stops in the middle of the river and will not go further.
2. What causes Sancho to resign his post and leave his isle?
(a) His homesickness
(b) A trick some men play on him and call him a turtle
(c) His desire to ride Dapple again
(d) His needing to see Don Quixote
3. Back in the castle what happens with Quixote and Dona Rodriguez?
(a) The lights go out and they are slapped and pinched in the darkness.
(b) She brings many distasteful things for him to eat.
(c) He begins to think she is not a bad person after all.
(d) Quixote keeps his head under the sheets so the Dona will not see his wounds.
4. What is the irony of Sancho's coming into political power?
(a) Sancho is so accustomed to having Don Quixote tell him what to do, he is unhappy.
(b) Suddenly he has no friends which is unusual for a man like Sancho.
(c) Sancho id becoming the kind of man he has always resented.
(d) Before he could not have rich food because he was poor; now it is because the doctor thinks it is not good for him.
5. The curate, the barber, and the bachelor are not in agreement with whom over Quixote's decision to become a shepherd?
(a) Sancho and Teresa
(b) The niece and the housekeeper
(c) Dulcinea and Maria
(d) The Duke and Duchess
6. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
(a) Putting his elbows on the table
(b) Eating with his fingers
(c) Interrupting Don Quixote while he is talking
(d) Asking the Duchess' Lady in Waiting to stable his ass
7. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
(a) By falling down the stairs
(b) By a spurned young girl
(c) By sparring with the Duke
(d) By cats with bells tied to them
8. While staying at the castle of the Duke and Duchess, what does Sancho do every time he gets frightened?
(a) He pretends to be the Duke's valet.
(b) He jumps behind Don Quixote.
(c) He hides in the Duchess' skirts.
(d) He crawls under a table.
9. Who does Sancho get into an argument with about waiting women?
(a) Dona Rodrigquez de Grijalba
(b) A scullery maid from the Duke's kitchen
(c) The stable boy dressed as a woman
(d) One of the traveling actors they had met earlier
10. How does the Duke get Sancho to agree to the self flagellation?
(a) Promising him a new green suit
(b) Getting him drunk with summer wine
(c) Bribing him with a large sum of money
(d) Fear that he might lose the governorship the Duke promised him
11. At the inn, what does Sancho happily observe?
(a) Don Quixote does not mistake this inn for a castle.
(b) The page will buy his meal.
(c) The priest and the barber are waiting there for them.
(d) This time there is a room for them in the inn.
12. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
(a) The actual man was a relative of the Duke's.
(b) The substitute could be easily beaten.
(c) The substitute was paid a great deal of money.
(d) The actual man had run away to avoid becoming the son-in-law of the Duenna.
13. Why do Don Quixote and Sancho believe the outlandish tale?
(a) Because the Duke and duchess appear to believe it.
(b) Because Malambruno is supposed to be a clever enchanter.
(c) Because they believe any tale that involves a damsel in distress.
(d) Because they have been drugged during dinner.
14. What strange thing does the bandit, Roque Guinart ,do after his men bring in a group of travelers?
(a) He returns most of their goods and money to them.
(b) He does not rob them of anything.
(c) He lets everyone go except the President's Lady.
(d) He takes all the horses and sends them on walking.
15. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
(a) The Duke and Duchess are not there to see him off.
(b) No one has told him where his governorship is.
(c) It should be a baron to take him to such a place.
(d) The steward is the one who plays the part of Countess Trifaldi.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
2. Why is Sancho amazed once again at Don Quixote's vast knowledge?
3. How does Don Quixote impress Don Diego de Miranda?
4. Why is the Duchess so amused by Sancho Panza?
5. What does Sancho finally have the courage to tell Don Quixote?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)