|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What madness does the puppet show bring on in the mind of Don Quixote?
(a) He believes the puppets are enchanted and need a magician.
(b) He jumps on his horse and goes looking for Moors.
(c) He thinks the Moors chasing the Catholic lovers are real and he attacks them.
(d) He believes the puppets are warning him against a danger.
2. What is the significance of Ricote in the the story?
(a) It takes up a few pages in the story.
(b) It show how people who know the joke can believe Sancho as a governor.
(c) It points out the religious persecution of the day.
(d) It makes a transition for Sancho back into regular life.
3. Who does Quixote insist he meets down in the Cave of Montesinos?
(a) Durandarte, an enchanted knight who had his heart removed for love when he was vanquished.
(b) St. George's dragon
(c) The knights of the Round Table
(d) Sir Arthur and his magic sword
4. What means of travel does the Duenna say the giant Malambruno will send for them to go to him?
(a) A large blue bull
(b) A giant wooden, flying horse
(c) A caravan of white elephant
(d) A flying carpet
5. What happens to the boat Sancho and Quixote expropriate on the river?
(a) It goes over the falls.
(b) It stops in the middle of the river and will not go further.
(c) It smashes on the wheel at a mill Quixote imagines is another castle.
(d) It is sunk by angry people who own the boat.
6. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
(a) Telling Camacho that Quiteria is pregnant with Basilio's child.
(b) Pretending that Basilio has kidnapped Quiteria.
(c) Quiteria marrying Basilio when it appears he is about to die.
(d) Sending another heavily veiled girl in to wed Camacho.
7. Where are Quixote and Sancho taken by the ten horsemen?
(a) Back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess
(b) To the inn that Quixote thinks is a castle
(c) To La Mancha
(d) To the galleys
8. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
(a) They tell Sancho that he has a lot to learn about braying.
(b) They think he is mocking them and they stone Sancho and Don Quixote.
(c) They make Sancho their mayor.
(d) They give Sancho the braying trophy.
9. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
(a) I pretend my right hand is paralyzed so I have to use my left hand.
(b) We are all the same when we sleep.
(c) Anybody can be a governor.
(d) Lions will never sleep with lambs.
10. Who else does Quixote insist he sees inside the cave?
(a) The Knight of the Wood looking for revenge.
(b) Teresa Panza looking for her husband.
(c) Dulcinea still enchanted as a peasant girl.
(d) The priest and the barbers looking for the way out.
11. What arrangements had the Duke made regarding the duel?
(a) To stop the duel and declare Don Quixote the winner
(b) To convince Don Quixote that it was all an illusion
(c) To keep injury to a minimum
(d) To invite the country people to watch
12. How does Sancho's common sense come though during the telling of the Countess' story?
(a) He says that the idea of turning the princess into a brass monkey is absurd.
(b) He suspects the Countess is another of the household maids.
(c) He does not believe Don Clavijo could become a metal crocodile.
(d) He questions why a Queen would die at the marriage of her daughter.
13. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
(a) No one has told him where his governorship is.
(b) It should be a baron to take him to such a place.
(c) The steward is the one who plays the part of Countess Trifaldi.
(d) The Duke and Duchess are not there to see him off.
14. On the galley, Don Quixote gets a royal greeting but what happens to Sancho Panza?
(a) He is tied to the mast.
(b) He is picked up by the crew and tossed around.
(c) He is pushed into the sea.
(d) He is forced to be an oarsman.
15. On their trip away from the castle, what misfortune happens to Quixote and Sancho?
(a) They stop to eat and their mounts are stolen.
(b) They battle a bull Don Quixote thinks is a dragon.
(c) They get lost and end up back at the castle.
(d) They get entangled in bird nets.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their way back to La Mancha, who do Don Quixote and Sancho run across?
2. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
3. At the inn, what does Sancho happily observe?
4. In a scheme to poke fun at Don Quixote and Sancho, who makes an appearance?
5. Who does Sancho get into an argument with about waiting women?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)