|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plot does the Duchess hatch against Sancho?
(a) She decides to send the same page who played the part of Dulcinea to visit Teresa Panza with Sancho's letter
(b) She plans to send the duenna to Sancho's isle.
(c) She tries to seduce Sancho.
(d) She send a letter to Sancho saying that Don Quixote is dying.
2. What does Sancho do in response to Don Quixote's suggestion?
(a) He invites all knights errant to come to the island.
(b) He raises taxes and builds schools.
(c) He minds the poor and makes good and just laws, but not too many.
(d) He gives lots of banquets for the wealthy.
3. Why were the Duke and Duchess eager to meet Don Quixote and Sancho?
(a) They think Quixote is a real knight.
(b) They are madder than Don Quixote.
(c) They are bored and want a diversion.
(d) They had read about them in the First Volume.
4. How does the fake Merlin tell Sancho Panza that the enchantment of Dulcinea can be broken?
(a) He must whip himself 3,300 times on the bare buttocks.
(b) He must ride Dapple into the moat.
(c) He must steal Don Quixote's brass helmet.
(d) He must dress up like a lady in waiting.
5. What happens to the boat Sancho and Quixote expropriate on the river?
(a) It goes over the falls.
(b) It stops in the middle of the river and will not go further.
(c) It is sunk by angry people who own the boat.
(d) It smashes on the wheel at a mill Quixote imagines is another castle.
6. Why do Don Quixote and Sancho believe the outlandish tale?
(a) Because they believe any tale that involves a damsel in distress.
(b) Because Malambruno is supposed to be a clever enchanter.
(c) Because they have been drugged during dinner.
(d) Because the Duke and duchess appear to believe it.
7. Finally, Don Quixote and Sancho Panza are invited to a real castle. Who invites them?
(a) Dona Rodrigquez de Grijalba
(b) A real Duke and Duchess
(c) Camila de Camacho
(d) A prince of the realm
8. When they come to another inn, what does Don Quixote see?
(a) A castle
(b) A fortress
(c) An inn
(d) A cathedral
9. After the stoning, Sancho Panza makes what demand on Don Quixote?
(a) He demands a security team to keep them from being beaten.
(b) He demands money again after seeing that Don Quixote is a man of means.
(c) He demands to be made a knight.
(d) He demands a new horse to ride.
10. What advice does Don Quixote give the young page on the way to the inn?
(a) That the military is a good life with chance for advancement.
(b) That he should go back to his master he ran away from.
(c) That he should look for a knight to serve.
(d) That he should go to Italy.
11. On their trip away from the castle, what misfortune happens to Quixote and Sancho?
(a) They stop to eat and their mounts are stolen.
(b) They get lost and end up back at the castle.
(c) They get entangled in bird nets.
(d) They battle a bull Don Quixote thinks is a dragon.
12. Who challenges Don Quixote and defeats him?
(a) The captain of the guard
(b) The giant of Algiers
(c) The Knight of the White Moon
(d) The Knight of the Mirrors
13. What causes Sancho to resign his post and leave his isle?
(a) A trick some men play on him and call him a turtle
(b) His desire to ride Dapple again
(c) His homesickness
(d) His needing to see Don Quixote
14. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
(a) It should be a baron to take him to such a place.
(b) The steward is the one who plays the part of Countess Trifaldi.
(c) The Duke and Duchess are not there to see him off.
(d) No one has told him where his governorship is.
15. Why is Sancho amazed once again at Don Quixote's vast knowledge?
(a) He gives detailed information about Saint George, Saint Martin, Saint James and Saint Paul.
(b) Quixote gives Sancho a science lesson about the moon and stars.
(c) Quixote knows exactly where they are and how to get to where they are going.
(d) Quixote can anser any question Sancho asks him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surprise plot twist as Don Quixote lays on his deathbed?
2. What is the literary significance of the pit Sancho and Dapple fall into?
3. How does Cervantes work yet another side plot into his story at the point of boarding the ships?
4. What is the point of the Countess of Trifaldi's story?
5. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)