|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
(a) Learn how to dress properly
(b) Send a letter to La Mancha so Teresa will know where he is.
(c) Learn to write and read a little
(d) Learn to speak without using proverbs
2. What is the dilemma of the steward?
(a) He is supposed to destroy Sancho but he sees the good Sancho is doing.
(b) He is supposed to help Sancho but he wants to be the governor himself.
(c) He likes Sancho and does not want to go back to the castle.
(d) He thinks Sancho is crazy and he can get rich by using him.
3. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
(a) Putting his elbows on the table
(b) Eating with his fingers
(c) Interrupting Don Quixote while he is talking
(d) Asking the Duchess' Lady in Waiting to stable his ass
4. Who does Quixote insist he meets down in the Cave of Montesinos?
(a) The knights of the Round Table
(b) Sir Arthur and his magic sword
(c) St. George's dragon
(d) Durandarte, an enchanted knight who had his heart removed for love when he was vanquished.
5. Because Quixote is so despondent, what does Sancho agree to do for money?
(a) He will beat himself for a set amount per lash.
(b) He will go and bring Dulcinea to Quixote.
(c) He will trade Dapple for Dulcinea.
(d) He will find the person who enchanted Dulcinea.
6. What strange thing does the bandit, Roque Guinart ,do after his men bring in a group of travelers?
(a) He does not rob them of anything.
(b) He returns most of their goods and money to them.
(c) He takes all the horses and sends them on walking.
(d) He lets everyone go except the President's Lady.
7. Where are Quixote and Sancho taken by the ten horsemen?
(a) To La Mancha
(b) To the inn that Quixote thinks is a castle
(c) Back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess
(d) To the galleys
8. Who is the mysterious Knight of the White Moon?
(b) Pedro Perez
(c) Don Antonio
(d) Teresa Panza
9. While staying at the castle of the Duke and Duchess, what does Sancho do every time he gets frightened?
(a) He pretends to be the Duke's valet.
(b) He crawls under a table.
(c) He hides in the Duchess' skirts.
(d) He jumps behind Don Quixote.
10. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
(a) He refuses to sit on a throne.
(b) He wears his everyday clothes.
(c) He rejects being called Don Sancho Panza.
(d) He talks only to the poor.
11. What is the point of the Countess of Trifaldi's story?
(a) It is a story to challenge Quixote to tell a better one.
(b) It is a trick to get Don Quixote to fight the giant Malambruno.
(c) It mocks Don Quixote as being a phony.
(d) It is a plan to get Sancho Panza to leave Don Quixote.
12. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
(a) He starts plotting how to amass great sums of money.
(b) He forgets all his old friends and family.
(c) He does not seem as pleased as he thought he would be.
(d) He becomes grand and snobbish.
13. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
(a) He teaches the students about knighthood.
(b) He champions Basilio.
(c) He avenges the peasants.
(d) He helps Quiteria escape.
14. On their trip away from the castle, what misfortune happens to Quixote and Sancho?
(a) They stop to eat and their mounts are stolen.
(b) They battle a bull Don Quixote thinks is a dragon.
(c) They get entangled in bird nets.
(d) They get lost and end up back at the castle.
15. When they come to another inn, what does Don Quixote see?
(a) A fortress
(b) A castle
(c) A cathedral
(d) An inn
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Duke get Sancho to agree to the self flagellation?
2. Why does Don Quixote think Dulcinea is still enchanted?
3. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
4. Why is Sancho amazed once again at Don Quixote's vast knowledge?
5. The curate, the barber, and the bachelor are not in agreement with whom over Quixote's decision to become a shepherd?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)