|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the wooden horse arrives, why are Quixote and Sancho blindfolded?
(a) They might get airsick if they could see and look down.
(b) They have to get their eyes ready to see the giant in his dark castle.
(c) They cannot see where the giant's hideout is.
(d) They are told they must do that for the horse to fly.
2. What arrangements had the Duke made regarding the duel?
(a) To invite the country people to watch
(b) To stop the duel and declare Don Quixote the winner
(c) To keep injury to a minimum
(d) To convince Don Quixote that it was all an illusion
3. Why does Don Quixote go to Barcelona instead of Saragossa?
(a) The Saragossa tournament has been canceled.
(b) Don Jeronimo and Don Juan are going to Barcelona.
(c) He resolves to go to Barcelona just to discredit the Benengeli history.
(d) Barcelona is closer.
4. Who challenges Don Quixote and defeats him?
(a) The Knight of the White Moon
(b) The captain of the guard
(c) The giant of Algiers
(d) The Knight of the Mirrors
5. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
(a) The eccliastic takes notes for a sermon.
(b) Quixote rebukes Sancho again for his provencial speech.
(c) The Duke considers that Sancho might make a good governor.
(d) The Duchess is thrilled that the eccliastic show Sancho up.
6. Who do they meet at the inn who is mentioned in the false book about Don Quixote?
(a) Don Cardenio
(b) Don Alvaro Tarfe
(c) Sancho Panza's cousin
7. Where are Quixote and Sancho taken by the ten horsemen?
(a) To La Mancha
(b) Back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess
(c) To the inn that Quixote thinks is a castle
(d) To the galleys
8. What means of travel does the Duenna say the giant Malambruno will send for them to go to him?
(a) A large blue bull
(b) A caravan of white elephant
(c) A flying carpet
(d) A giant wooden, flying horse
9. Why does Don Quixote think Dulcinea is still enchanted?
(a) Because Sancho never receives his 3,300 spanks on the bottom.
(b) Because he has done something wrong.
(c) Because Sancho has not helped him find her.
(d) Because he still has a mission to accomplish.
10. How does Roque Guinart handle a mutineer among his men?
(a) He has him hanged from the nearest tree.
(b) He splits his head with his sword.
(c) He banishes him from the band of robbers.
(d) He has him horse whipped.
11. What plot does the Duchess hatch against Sancho?
(a) She plans to send the duenna to Sancho's isle.
(b) She send a letter to Sancho saying that Don Quixote is dying.
(c) She tries to seduce Sancho.
(d) She decides to send the same page who played the part of Dulcinea to visit Teresa Panza with Sancho's letter
12. What does Quixote do when Sancho must leave to assume his governorship?
(a) He starts looking for another squire.
(b) He pays Sancho his back wages.
(c) He gets angry that he cannot go, too.
(d) He gives him good advice for ruling.
13. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
(a) The substitute was paid a great deal of money.
(b) The actual man was a relative of the Duke's.
(c) The actual man had run away to avoid becoming the son-in-law of the Duenna.
(d) The substitute could be easily beaten.
14. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
(a) No one has told him where his governorship is.
(b) The steward is the one who plays the part of Countess Trifaldi.
(c) It should be a baron to take him to such a place.
(d) The Duke and Duchess are not there to see him off.
15. Why does Tosilos reveal himself at the duel?
(a) He decides he can see better without a helmet.
(b) He suddenly desires to marry the Duenna's daughter.
(c) He gets scared and thinks revealing himself will stop Don Quixote.
(d) He doesn't want to harm an old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the omens Don Quixote perceives as meanings he will never meet Dulcinea?
2. Who tries early in this second part to get Don Quixote to go home?
3. What do Don Quixote and the Duke do that involves the Duenna?
4. On the galley, Don Quixote gets a royal greeting but what happens to Sancho Panza?
5. Why is Don Antonio not pleased with the arrangement of Don Quixote going home?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)