|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Don Quixote and Sancho believe the outlandish tale?
(a) Because the Duke and duchess appear to believe it.
(b) Because Malambruno is supposed to be a clever enchanter.
(c) Because they have been drugged during dinner.
(d) Because they believe any tale that involves a damsel in distress.
2. What happens as they ride up to meet a Duchess and a Duke?
(a) They make fools of themselves falling off their mounts.
(b) They knock over the tent where the Duke and Duchess are sitting.
(c) They allow Dapple and Rozinante to eat from the table.
(d) Don Quixote see them as evil rulers.
3. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
(a) Raw eggs
(b) Cooked beef
(c) Hot bread
4. In a scheme to poke fun at Don Quixote and Sancho, who makes an appearance?
(a) An actor dressed as the Devil
(b) A milkmaid dressed as the Lady Dulcinea
(c) A cow saddled like a knight's steed
(d) The eccliastic dressed as an avenging angel
5. Who challenges Don Quixote and defeats him?
(a) The Knight of the Mirrors
(b) The Knight of the White Moon
(c) The captain of the guard
(d) The giant of Algiers
6. How does Cervantes work yet another side plot into his story at the point of boarding the ships?
(a) He tells the tale of a Christian woman who is captain of a pirate ship.
(b) He tells about a love affair that goes terribly wrong.
(c) He writes about a woman who dresses as a man to find her lover.
(d) He te;;s about drunken Turks who abduct a beautiful Christian woman.
7. What madness does the puppet show bring on in the mind of Don Quixote?
(a) He believes the puppets are enchanted and need a magician.
(b) He thinks the Moors chasing the Catholic lovers are real and he attacks them.
(c) He jumps on his horse and goes looking for Moors.
(d) He believes the puppets are warning him against a danger.
8. On the galley, Don Quixote gets a royal greeting but what happens to Sancho Panza?
(a) He is forced to be an oarsman.
(b) He is tied to the mast.
(c) He is pushed into the sea.
(d) He is picked up by the crew and tossed around.
9. At the inn, what does Sancho happily observe?
(a) The priest and the barber are waiting there for them.
(b) Don Quixote does not mistake this inn for a castle.
(c) This time there is a room for them in the inn.
(d) The page will buy his meal.
10. What comes back to Sancho from his behavior toward Don Quixote?
(a) Now he has to make all the decisions.
(b) Now people are asking him for money.
(c) Now people think he is mad.
(d) Now he has to hear all court cases.
11. How does the Countess of Trifaldi attempt to capture the interest of Don Quixote?
(a) With a tale of an evil count
(b) With a tale of dragons
(c) With a tale of two lovers
(d) With a tale of a giant
12. How does Don Quixote impress Don Diego de Miranda?
(a) His riding style
(b) His splended armor
(c) His kindness to Sancho
(d) His elequent and educated speech
13. When the wooden horse arrives, why are Quixote and Sancho blindfolded?
(a) They cannot see where the giant's hideout is.
(b) They have to get their eyes ready to see the giant in his dark castle.
(c) They are told they must do that for the horse to fly.
(d) They might get airsick if they could see and look down.
14. What strange thing does the bandit, Roque Guinart ,do after his men bring in a group of travelers?
(a) He returns most of their goods and money to them.
(b) He does not rob them of anything.
(c) He takes all the horses and sends them on walking.
(d) He lets everyone go except the President's Lady.
15. What causes Sancho to resign his post and leave his isle?
(a) A trick some men play on him and call him a turtle
(b) His desire to ride Dapple again
(c) His needing to see Don Quixote
(d) His homesickness
Short Answer Questions
1. What one last joke is played on Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave the castle?
2. Why does Tosilos reveal himself at the duel?
3. What is the discussion about between Don Diego and Don Quixote?
4. What does Sancho finally have the courage to tell Don Quixote?
5. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)