|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
(a) It should be a baron to take him to such a place.
(b) The steward is the one who plays the part of Countess Trifaldi.
(c) No one has told him where his governorship is.
(d) The Duke and Duchess are not there to see him off.
2. Why do so many people in Barcelona know Don Quixote's name?
(a) Sancho goes ahead and tells everyone who is coming.
(b) Barcelona people are friendlier than others.
(c) Don Antonio has pinned his name across his back.
(d) People there have read the Benengeli history.
3. What one last joke is played on Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave the castle?
(a) They put ants in Don Quixote's armor.
(b) Altisidora accuses Quixote of stealing her garters.
(c) They put the Duchess' handkerchief in Sancho's pants pocket.
(d) They tie the tails of Dapple and Roxinante together.
4. How does Sancho's common sense come though during the telling of the Countess' story?
(a) He says that the idea of turning the princess into a brass monkey is absurd.
(b) He suspects the Countess is another of the household maids.
(c) He questions why a Queen would die at the marriage of her daughter.
(d) He does not believe Don Clavijo could become a metal crocodile.
5. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
(a) To hold a conversation with the Duchess
(b) With the servants to play games
(c) To the stable to check on Dapple
(d) To the moat to take a swim
6. What happens to the boat Sancho and Quixote expropriate on the river?
(a) It smashes on the wheel at a mill Quixote imagines is another castle.
(b) It is sunk by angry people who own the boat.
(c) It goes over the falls.
(d) It stops in the middle of the river and will not go further.
7. What does Quixote do when Sancho must leave to assume his governorship?
(a) He gets angry that he cannot go, too.
(b) He starts looking for another squire.
(c) He gives him good advice for ruling.
(d) He pays Sancho his back wages.
8. Who is the mysterious Knight of the White Moon?
(a) Teresa Panza
(c) Don Antonio
(d) Pedro Perez
9. Back in the castle what happens with Quixote and Dona Rodriguez?
(a) He begins to think she is not a bad person after all.
(b) She brings many distasteful things for him to eat.
(c) The lights go out and they are slapped and pinched in the darkness.
(d) Quixote keeps his head under the sheets so the Dona will not see his wounds.
10. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
(a) Learn to write and read a little
(b) Learn how to dress properly
(c) Send a letter to La Mancha so Teresa will know where he is.
(d) Learn to speak without using proverbs
11. Why is Sancho amazed once again at Don Quixote's vast knowledge?
(a) Quixote can anser any question Sancho asks him.
(b) He gives detailed information about Saint George, Saint Martin, Saint James and Saint Paul.
(c) Quixote knows exactly where they are and how to get to where they are going.
(d) Quixote gives Sancho a science lesson about the moon and stars.
12. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
(a) The actual man had run away to avoid becoming the son-in-law of the Duenna.
(b) The substitute could be easily beaten.
(c) The actual man was a relative of the Duke's.
(d) The substitute was paid a great deal of money.
13. What is the moral of the story of the braying town going to war with its neighbors?
(a) People who know how to bray should keep quiet.
(b) People should not make fun of people who bray.
(c) Not all war is honorable and glorious.
(d) If you must bray, don't tell anyone.
14. Who are the two gentlemen Quixote and Sancho meet in the inn?
(a) Don Leandro and Don Camacho.
(b) Don Juan and Don Carlos.
(c) Don Luis and Don Cardenio.
(d) Don Jeronimo and Don Juan.
15. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
(a) The sports games of the county
(b) The local fair and festival
(c) The wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich
(d) A duel between Camacho and Basilio, a former lover of Quiteria
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Don Quixote and the Duke do that involves the Duenna?
2. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
3. Who arrives next to see the famous Don Quixote?
4. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
5. What humiliation awaits Don Quixote at the castle?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)