|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Quixote is so despondent, what does Sancho agree to do for money?
(a) He will go and bring Dulcinea to Quixote.
(b) He will beat himself for a set amount per lash.
(c) He will find the person who enchanted Dulcinea.
(d) He will trade Dapple for Dulcinea.
2. What does Sancho do in response to Don Quixote's suggestion?
(a) He invites all knights errant to come to the island.
(b) He raises taxes and builds schools.
(c) He minds the poor and makes good and just laws, but not too many.
(d) He gives lots of banquets for the wealthy.
3. Who is the mysterious Knight of the White Moon?
(a) Teresa Panza
(b) Don Antonio
(c) Pedro Perez
4. How does Sancho's common sense come though during the telling of the Countess' story?
(a) He questions why a Queen would die at the marriage of her daughter.
(b) He suspects the Countess is another of the household maids.
(c) He does not believe Don Clavijo could become a metal crocodile.
(d) He says that the idea of turning the princess into a brass monkey is absurd.
5. How does Cervantes work yet another side plot into his story at the point of boarding the ships?
(a) He writes about a woman who dresses as a man to find her lover.
(b) He tells the tale of a Christian woman who is captain of a pirate ship.
(c) He tells about a love affair that goes terribly wrong.
(d) He te;;s about drunken Turks who abduct a beautiful Christian woman.
6. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
(a) Master Pedro turns out to be Gines de Pasamonte from Volume One
(b) He has a confederate who suppplies him with information.
(c) He asked the ape to find out for him.
(d) He has read the first volume.
7. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
(a) He champions Basilio.
(b) He avenges the peasants.
(c) He teaches the students about knighthood.
(d) He helps Quiteria escape.
8. Who tries early in this second part to get Don Quixote to go home?
(a) The Knight of the Wood and the penitents.
(b) The villagers of La Mancha.
(c) The niece, the housekeeper, and Teresa Panza.
(d) The curate, the barber and the bachelor, Sampson.
9. Who arrives next to see the famous Don Quixote?
(a) Sir Lancelot of the Round Table
(b) Countess Trifaldi, also called the Doleful Duenna
(c) Queen Guenevere
(d) The Duke of Earl
10. Why do so many people in Barcelona know Don Quixote's name?
(a) Don Antonio has pinned his name across his back.
(b) Sancho goes ahead and tells everyone who is coming.
(c) Barcelona people are friendlier than others.
(d) People there have read the Benengeli history.
11. While staying at the castle of the Duke and Duchess, what does Sancho do every time he gets frightened?
(a) He jumps behind Don Quixote.
(b) He hides in the Duchess' skirts.
(c) He pretends to be the Duke's valet.
(d) He crawls under a table.
12. What is the discussion about between Don Diego and Don Quixote?
(a) A comparison of the value of poetry versus the sciences
(b) The lives of the greatest knights errant
(c) The revival of knight errantry
(d) The current political situation in Spain
13. What means of travel does the Duenna say the giant Malambruno will send for them to go to him?
(a) A giant wooden, flying horse
(b) A flying carpet
(c) A large blue bull
(d) A caravan of white elephant
14. What strange thing does the bandit, Roque Guinart ,do after his men bring in a group of travelers?
(a) He lets everyone go except the President's Lady.
(b) He does not rob them of anything.
(c) He takes all the horses and sends them on walking.
(d) He returns most of their goods and money to them.
15. Why were the Duke and Duchess eager to meet Don Quixote and Sancho?
(a) They had read about them in the First Volume.
(b) They are bored and want a diversion.
(c) They are madder than Don Quixote.
(d) They think Quixote is a real knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What madness does the puppet show bring on in the mind of Don Quixote?
2. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
3. On their trip away from the castle, what misfortune happens to Quixote and Sancho?
4. On the galley, Don Quixote gets a royal greeting but what happens to Sancho Panza?
5. Who is the unexpected pleasure for Don Quixote in Don Diego's house?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)