|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
(a) The cathedral at Madrid
(b) The cave of Montesinos
(c) The enchanted castle
(d) Back to La Mancha
2. Who is the unexpected pleasure for Don Quixote in Don Diego's house?
(a) Don Diego's beautiful daughter
(b) Don Diego's young wife
(c) Don Diego's personal chef
(d) Don Lorenzo, Don Diego's poet son
3. What humiliation awaits Don Quixote at the castle?
(a) Sancho finally telling Don Quixote that he will finish his beating.
(b) An elaborate charade that calls for him to submit to pinches and pin pricks.
(c) A wedding with Altisidora they try to make him think is Dulcinea.
(d) A play about a stupid knight errant.
4. Who is the mysterious Knight of the White Moon?
(a) Pedro Perez
(b) Teresa Panza
(c) Don Antonio
5. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
(a) It should be a baron to take him to such a place.
(b) No one has told him where his governorship is.
(c) The Duke and Duchess are not there to see him off.
(d) The steward is the one who plays the part of Countess Trifaldi.
6. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
(a) They think he is mocking them and they stone Sancho and Don Quixote.
(b) They make Sancho their mayor.
(c) They tell Sancho that he has a lot to learn about braying.
(d) They give Sancho the braying trophy.
7. What is the literary significance of the pit Sancho and Dapple fall into?
(a) It represents a new beginning for Sancho.
(b) It represents the intrigue of the court.
(c) It represents how his wife will react when she finds out he quit his job.
(d) It represents a kind of fall from grace.
8. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
(a) He becomes grand and snobbish.
(b) He forgets all his old friends and family.
(c) He starts plotting how to amass great sums of money.
(d) He does not seem as pleased as he thought he would be.
9. What does Quixote do when Sancho must leave to assume his governorship?
(a) He pays Sancho his back wages.
(b) He starts looking for another squire.
(c) He gives him good advice for ruling.
(d) He gets angry that he cannot go, too.
10. Why does Don Quixote think Dulcinea is still enchanted?
(a) Because he has done something wrong.
(b) Because he still has a mission to accomplish.
(c) Because Sancho has not helped him find her.
(d) Because Sancho never receives his 3,300 spanks on the bottom.
11. What strange thing does the bandit, Roque Guinart ,do after his men bring in a group of travelers?
(a) He lets everyone go except the President's Lady.
(b) He returns most of their goods and money to them.
(c) He does not rob them of anything.
(d) He takes all the horses and sends them on walking.
12. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
(a) With the servants to play games
(b) To the moat to take a swim
(c) To the stable to check on Dapple
(d) To hold a conversation with the Duchess
13. On their way back to La Mancha, who do Don Quixote and Sancho run across?
(a) Don Quixote's niece who is on her way to Barcelona.
(b) Tosilos, who reveals that he was not enchanted at the duel and also that he didn't follow through with the marriage anyway
(c) The barber and the curate who have come looking for him.
(d) The troupe of actors they had met earlier and fought with.
14. Finally, Don Quixote and Sancho Panza are invited to a real castle. Who invites them?
(a) Dona Rodrigquez de Grijalba
(b) A real Duke and Duchess
(c) A prince of the realm
(d) Camila de Camacho
15. Back in the castle what happens with Quixote and Dona Rodriguez?
(a) He begins to think she is not a bad person after all.
(b) Quixote keeps his head under the sheets so the Dona will not see his wounds.
(c) She brings many distasteful things for him to eat.
(d) The lights go out and they are slapped and pinched in the darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
2. What causes Sancho to resign his post and leave his isle?
3. The curate, the barber, and the bachelor are not in agreement with whom over Quixote's decision to become a shepherd?
4. Why do so many people in Barcelona know Don Quixote's name?
5. What do Don Quixote and the Duke do that involves the Duenna?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)