Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surprise plot twist as Don Quixote lays on his deathbed?
(a) He receives a visit from an angel.
(b) It is revealed that Don Quixote is dying from a broken heart.
(c) He renounces his knight errantry as madness.
(d) He writes a will that leaves Sancho Panza out.
2. When the wooden horse arrives, why are Quixote and Sancho blindfolded?
(a) They cannot see where the giant's hideout is.
(b) They might get airsick if they could see and look down.
(c) They have to get their eyes ready to see the giant in his dark castle.
(d) They are told they must do that for the horse to fly.
3. Why do Don Quixote and Sancho believe the outlandish tale?
(a) Because the Duke and duchess appear to believe it.
(b) Because Malambruno is supposed to be a clever enchanter.
(c) Because they have been drugged during dinner.
(d) Because they believe any tale that involves a damsel in distress.
4. What means of travel does the Duenna say the giant Malambruno will send for them to go to him?
(a) A giant wooden, flying horse
(b) A flying carpet
(c) A large blue bull
(d) A caravan of white elephant
5. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
(b) Cooked beef
(c) Hot bread
(d) Raw eggs
6. Why does Tosilos reveal himself at the duel?
(a) He gets scared and thinks revealing himself will stop Don Quixote.
(b) He doesn't want to harm an old man.
(c) He suddenly desires to marry the Duenna's daughter.
(d) He decides he can see better without a helmet.
7. What is a goal of Sancho as he assumes his governorship of his island?
(a) To see that girls stay in the home
(b) To see that everyone pays taxes
(c) To stop boys from dressing like girls
(d) To shut down the gambling houses
8. How does Sancho's common sense come though during the telling of the Countess' story?
(a) He questions why a Queen would die at the marriage of her daughter.
(b) He says that the idea of turning the princess into a brass monkey is absurd.
(c) He does not believe Don Clavijo could become a metal crocodile.
(d) He suspects the Countess is another of the household maids.
9. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
(a) He wears his everyday clothes.
(b) He rejects being called Don Sancho Panza.
(c) He refuses to sit on a throne.
(d) He talks only to the poor.
10. What ignoble disaster befalls Don Quixote and Sancho out in the countryside?
(a) They fall into a swamp.
(b) They are attacked by birds.
(c) They are robbed of everything.
(d) They are trampled by swine.
11. What do Don Quixote and the Duke do that involves the Duenna?
(a) They plan to repay her for all the tricks she has played on Quixote.
(b) They decide to play a good trick on her.
(c) They write unsigned love letters to her.
(d) They accept the challenge to help her daughter.
12. What is the moral of the story of the braying town going to war with its neighbors?
(a) People should not make fun of people who bray.
(b) Not all war is honorable and glorious.
(c) If you must bray, don't tell anyone.
(d) People who know how to bray should keep quiet.
13. How does Cervantes work yet another side plot into his story at the point of boarding the ships?
(a) He te;;s about drunken Turks who abduct a beautiful Christian woman.
(b) He tells about a love affair that goes terribly wrong.
(c) He tells the tale of a Christian woman who is captain of a pirate ship.
(d) He writes about a woman who dresses as a man to find her lover.
14. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
(a) Sending another heavily veiled girl in to wed Camacho.
(b) Quiteria marrying Basilio when it appears he is about to die.
(c) Pretending that Basilio has kidnapped Quiteria.
(d) Telling Camacho that Quiteria is pregnant with Basilio's child.
15. What is the point of the Countess of Trifaldi's story?
(a) It is a trick to get Don Quixote to fight the giant Malambruno.
(b) It mocks Don Quixote as being a phony.
(c) It is a plan to get Sancho Panza to leave Don Quixote.
(d) It is a story to challenge Quixote to tell a better one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quixote do when Sancho must leave to assume his governorship?
2. Why were the Duke and Duchess eager to meet Don Quixote and Sancho?
3. Why does Don Quixote think Dulcinea is still enchanted?
4. How does the fake Merlin tell Sancho Panza that the enchantment of Dulcinea can be broken?
5. Who arrives next to see the famous Don Quixote?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)