|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries early in this second part to get Don Quixote to go home?
(a) The curate, the barber and the bachelor, Sampson.
(b) The niece, the housekeeper, and Teresa Panza.
(c) The villagers of La Mancha.
(d) The Knight of the Wood and the penitents.
2. Because Quixote is so despondent, what does Sancho agree to do for money?
(a) He will trade Dapple for Dulcinea.
(b) He will find the person who enchanted Dulcinea.
(c) He will go and bring Dulcinea to Quixote.
(d) He will beat himself for a set amount per lash.
3. How does Cervantes work yet another side plot into his story at the point of boarding the ships?
(a) He tells about a love affair that goes terribly wrong.
(b) He writes about a woman who dresses as a man to find her lover.
(c) He tells the tale of a Christian woman who is captain of a pirate ship.
(d) He te;;s about drunken Turks who abduct a beautiful Christian woman.
4. At the inn, what does Sancho happily observe?
(a) The priest and the barber are waiting there for them.
(b) This time there is a room for them in the inn.
(c) Don Quixote does not mistake this inn for a castle.
(d) The page will buy his meal.
5. What comes back to Sancho from his behavior toward Don Quixote?
(a) Now he has to hear all court cases.
(b) Now he has to make all the decisions.
(c) Now people are asking him for money.
(d) Now people think he is mad.
6. Who is the mysterious Knight of the White Moon?
(b) Pedro Perez
(c) Teresa Panza
(d) Don Antonio
7. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
(a) By cats with bells tied to them
(b) By falling down the stairs
(c) By a spurned young girl
(d) By sparring with the Duke
8. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
(a) The local fair and festival
(b) A duel between Camacho and Basilio, a former lover of Quiteria
(c) The sports games of the county
(d) The wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich
9. Why does Sampson's pretend squire leave him?
(a) He says Sampson is behaving as mad as Don Quixote.
(b) He decides the wants to be the knight himself.
(c) Sampson has no money to pay him.
(d) He has become friends with Sancho who will be hurt.
10. Who is the unexpected pleasure for Don Quixote in Don Diego's house?
(a) Don Diego's young wife
(b) Don Diego's personal chef
(c) Don Lorenzo, Don Diego's poet son
(d) Don Diego's beautiful daughter
11. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
(a) The eccliastic takes notes for a sermon.
(b) Quixote rebukes Sancho again for his provencial speech.
(c) The Duke considers that Sancho might make a good governor.
(d) The Duchess is thrilled that the eccliastic show Sancho up.
12. What one last joke is played on Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave the castle?
(a) They put ants in Don Quixote's armor.
(b) They put the Duchess' handkerchief in Sancho's pants pocket.
(c) Altisidora accuses Quixote of stealing her garters.
(d) They tie the tails of Dapple and Roxinante together.
13. Finally, Don Quixote and Sancho Panza are invited to a real castle. Who invites them?
(a) Dona Rodrigquez de Grijalba
(b) A real Duke and Duchess
(c) A prince of the realm
(d) Camila de Camacho
14. What is the discussion about between Don Diego and Don Quixote?
(a) The revival of knight errantry
(b) The current political situation in Spain
(c) A comparison of the value of poetry versus the sciences
(d) The lives of the greatest knights errant
15. What is the significance of Ricote in the the story?
(a) It points out the religious persecution of the day.
(b) It takes up a few pages in the story.
(c) It makes a transition for Sancho back into regular life.
(d) It show how people who know the joke can believe Sancho as a governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a goal of Sancho as he assumes his governorship of his island?
2. How does the Duke get Sancho to agree to the self flagellation?
3. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
4. Who are the two gentlemen Quixote and Sancho meet in the inn?
5. What are the omens Don Quixote perceives as meanings he will never meet Dulcinea?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)