|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Don Quixote give the young page on the way to the inn?
(a) That he should go back to his master he ran away from.
(b) That the military is a good life with chance for advancement.
(c) That he should go to Italy.
(d) That he should look for a knight to serve.
2. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
(a) He starts plotting how to amass great sums of money.
(b) He forgets all his old friends and family.
(c) He becomes grand and snobbish.
(d) He does not seem as pleased as he thought he would be.
3. What does Don Quixote say he would like to become?
(a) A professor
(b) A shepherd
(c) A cleric
(d) A banker
4. Why do Don Quixote and Sancho believe the outlandish tale?
(a) Because the Duke and duchess appear to believe it.
(b) Because they believe any tale that involves a damsel in distress.
(c) Because they have been drugged during dinner.
(d) Because Malambruno is supposed to be a clever enchanter.
5. What is the significance of Ricote in the the story?
(a) It makes a transition for Sancho back into regular life.
(b) It takes up a few pages in the story.
(c) It show how people who know the joke can believe Sancho as a governor.
(d) It points out the religious persecution of the day.
6. What arrangements had the Duke made regarding the duel?
(a) To stop the duel and declare Don Quixote the winner
(b) To convince Don Quixote that it was all an illusion
(c) To invite the country people to watch
(d) To keep injury to a minimum
7. Why is Sancho amazed once again at Don Quixote's vast knowledge?
(a) Quixote can anser any question Sancho asks him.
(b) Quixote knows exactly where they are and how to get to where they are going.
(c) Quixote gives Sancho a science lesson about the moon and stars.
(d) He gives detailed information about Saint George, Saint Martin, Saint James and Saint Paul.
8. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
(a) The substitute was paid a great deal of money.
(b) The substitute could be easily beaten.
(c) The actual man was a relative of the Duke's.
(d) The actual man had run away to avoid becoming the son-in-law of the Duenna.
9. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
(a) His affected speech
(b) His butting in to Quixote's conversations
(c) His rambling on and on without a point
(d) His use of homespun proverbs
10. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
(b) Cooked beef
(c) Hot bread
(d) Raw eggs
11. At the inn, what does Sancho happily observe?
(a) The page will buy his meal.
(b) This time there is a room for them in the inn.
(c) Don Quixote does not mistake this inn for a castle.
(d) The priest and the barber are waiting there for them.
12. Back in the castle what happens with Quixote and Dona Rodriguez?
(a) The lights go out and they are slapped and pinched in the darkness.
(b) She brings many distasteful things for him to eat.
(c) Quixote keeps his head under the sheets so the Dona will not see his wounds.
(d) He begins to think she is not a bad person after all.
13. What do Don Quixote and the Duke do that involves the Duenna?
(a) They write unsigned love letters to her.
(b) They plan to repay her for all the tricks she has played on Quixote.
(c) They accept the challenge to help her daughter.
(d) They decide to play a good trick on her.
14. After the stoning, Sancho Panza makes what demand on Don Quixote?
(a) He demands to be made a knight.
(b) He demands money again after seeing that Don Quixote is a man of means.
(c) He demands a security team to keep them from being beaten.
(d) He demands a new horse to ride.
15. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
(a) Quiteria marrying Basilio when it appears he is about to die.
(b) Sending another heavily veiled girl in to wed Camacho.
(c) Telling Camacho that Quiteria is pregnant with Basilio's child.
(d) Pretending that Basilio has kidnapped Quiteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
2. When they come to another inn, what does Don Quixote see?
3. What is the surprise plot twist as Don Quixote lays on his deathbed?
4. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
5. What happens to the boat Sancho and Quixote expropriate on the river?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)