|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sancho tells his wife, Teresa, that he is going again with Don Quixote, what advice does Teresa give?
(a) To remain in his own station and not think of governorships.
(b) That this time he will surely die.
(c) That he must come home with another 100 crowns or not come home at all.
(d) That he should break his leg and get out of going with the madman.
2. How does Cervantes plan to see that no further writing is done regarding Don Quixote de La Mancha?
(a) By writing the rest of the books in code.
(b) By allowing only a select few people to see his work.
(c) By getting a legal restraining order.
(d) By seeing him dead and buried at the end of Part Two.
3. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
(b) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
(c) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
(d) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
4. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
(a) The Knight of the Wood is shocked that Sancho speaks up so freely.
(b) The knight's squire is Sancho's cousin.
(c) Don Quixote orders them to go away.
(d) They want to talk about their crazy masters.
5. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He starts braying like his mule.
(b) He is transformed into a knight errant.
(c) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(d) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
6. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) A Bible
(b) An old book of chivalry
(c) His ledger book
(d) A catalogue
7. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
(a) He is another unreal enchantment.
(b) He is actually a woman.
(c) He is actually Sampson.
(d) He has not actually been knighted.
8. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame an enchanter.
(b) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
(c) They blame the rats.
(d) They blame the curate.
9. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
(a) Once again, Sancho Panza is forced to walk.
(b) Dapple throws the actor on his back and returns to Sancho Panza.
(c) Don Quixote will do nothing because they are common people.
(d) Dapple falls in love with a horse that is pulling the actors' wagon.
10. Who comes to inform Don Quixote of the book that has been written about him?
(a) The canon
(b) Juana Panza
(c) The mayor of La Mancha
(d) The mischevious student Sampson
11. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
(a) He turns it around and gets Sancho to pay him a monthly wage.
(b) He fires him and starts looking for a replacement.
(c) He says he never read anything like that in his books about knight errantry.
(d) He pays him with enchanted money that Sancho cannot see.
12. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
(a) Don Quixote who is wanted by the king.
(b) Don Luis, the boy who is following Clara.
(c) The Captive Captain who had a bounty on his head.
(d) Sancho Panza who has not paid his taxes to the crown.
13. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(b) The tale of Robin and Marian
(c) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(d) The tale of two cities
14. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
(a) Don Quixote pays the man for the helmet and the packsaddle.
(b) Don Quixote challenges the porr barber to a duel.
(c) Don Quixote is convinced the basin is a basin.
(d) Don Quixote insists that the basin is the helmet of Mambrino.
15. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) Sancho had it coming to him.
(b) The castle is enchanted.
(c) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(d) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
2. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
3. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
4. What do the curate and the barber try to avoid when they go to visit Quixote at home?
5. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)