|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 67 | Part 2, Chapter 68 | Part 2, Chapter 69 | Part 2, Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Countess of Trifaldi attempt to capture the interest of Don Quixote?
(a) With a tale of two lovers
(b) With a tale of dragons
(c) With a tale of an evil count
(d) With a tale of a giant
2. What happens to the boat Sancho and Quixote expropriate on the river?
(a) It is sunk by angry people who own the boat.
(b) It smashes on the wheel at a mill Quixote imagines is another castle.
(c) It goes over the falls.
(d) It stops in the middle of the river and will not go further.
3. What comes back to Sancho from his behavior toward Don Quixote?
(a) Now he has to make all the decisions.
(b) Now people think he is mad.
(c) Now people are asking him for money.
(d) Now he has to hear all court cases.
4. What is the moral of the story of the braying town going to war with its neighbors?
(a) If you must bray, don't tell anyone.
(b) People who know how to bray should keep quiet.
(c) People should not make fun of people who bray.
(d) Not all war is honorable and glorious.
5. What one last joke is played on Don Quixote and Sancho before they leave the castle?
(a) They tie the tails of Dapple and Roxinante together.
(b) Altisidora accuses Quixote of stealing her garters.
(c) They put the Duchess' handkerchief in Sancho's pants pocket.
(d) They put ants in Don Quixote's armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sampson's pretend squire leave him?
2. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
3. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
4. What causes Sancho to resign his post and leave his isle?
5. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)