|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 67 | Part 2, Chapter 68 | Part 2, Chapter 69 | Part 2, Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roque Guinart handle a mutineer among his men?
(a) He has him hanged from the nearest tree.
(b) He has him horse whipped.
(c) He banishes him from the band of robbers.
(d) He splits his head with his sword.
2. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
(a) He is actually Sampson.
(b) He is another unreal enchantment.
(c) He has not actually been knighted.
(d) He is actually a woman.
3. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
(a) By promising to marry him if he gets her home safely.
(b) By pretending to be the sister of the Lady Dulcinea.
(c) By reading aloud from a book of chivalry each night.
(d) By pretending to be a Queen driven from her country by evil giants.
4. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
(a) He agrees with Sancho but can do nothing.
(b) He says that Sancho is so hungry he is hallucinating.
(c) He insists that they are demons and he and Sancho have been enchanted.
(d) He tells Sancho that they only appear to be flesh and blood.
5. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
(a) Zoraida's father learns of her desire to go to a Christian country and helps them.
(b) They manage to rob the cruel Moor who is their master.
(c) They are freed in a raid by spanish troops.
(d) She gives them enough money to ransom themselves and buy a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
2. What madness does the puppet show bring on in the mind of Don Quixote?
3. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
4. Who is the mysterious Knight of the White Moon?
5. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)