|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 67 | Part 2, Chapter 68 | Part 2, Chapter 69 | Part 2, Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
(a) He makes many bumbling mistakes.
(b) He cannot think of any appropriate proverbs.
(c) His common sense astonishes everyone.
(d) He tears his new suit.
2. While staying at the castle of the Duke and Duchess, what does Sancho do every time he gets frightened?
(a) He pretends to be the Duke's valet.
(b) He jumps behind Don Quixote.
(c) He crawls under a table.
(d) He hides in the Duchess' skirts.
3. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
(a) That his meddling seldom has the resultsfor which he plans.
(b) That the age of chivalry is not dead.
(c) That he is invincible when he wears his armor.
(d) That he wins people over by his great imagination.
4. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
(a) Don Luis, the boy who is following Clara.
(b) Sancho Panza who has not paid his taxes to the crown.
(c) The Captive Captain who had a bounty on his head.
(d) Don Quixote who is wanted by the king.
5. Who has dinner with Don Quixote after Sancho Panza goes home?
(a) The mischevious student Sampson
(b) The mayor of La Mancha
(c) The barber and the priest
(d) His housekeeper and his niece
Short Answer Questions
1. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
2. Who does Quixote insist he meets down in the Cave of Montesinos?
3. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
4. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
5. What does the canon think about drama of his day?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)