|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 67 | Part 2, Chapter 68 | Part 2, Chapter 69 | Part 2, Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Don Quixote, moved by Eugenio's tale, volunteers to rescue his love and restore her to him?
(a) Eugenio falls at his feet with tears in his eyes.
(b) They fight when Eugenio suggests that Don Quixote is out of his mind.
(c) Eugenio says it is too late because Leandra is dead.
(d) Eugenio begs to go with Don Quixote to rescue Leandra.
2. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
(a) He champions Basilio.
(b) He helps Quiteria escape.
(c) He teaches the students about knighthood.
(d) He avenges the peasants.
3. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) A Bible
(b) His ledger book
(c) A catalogue
(d) An old book of chivalry
4. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
(b) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(c) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(d) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
5. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
(a) A gypsy fortune teller
(b) Silly advice from a friend
(c) A dream sequence
(d) Talking animals
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange thing does the bandit, Roque Guinart ,do after his men bring in a group of travelers?
2. On their way back to La Mancha, who do Don Quixote and Sancho run across?
3. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
4. How does the Duke get Sancho to agree to the self flagellation?
5. What does Sancho do in response to Don Quixote's suggestion?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)