|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 67 | Part 2, Chapter 68 | Part 2, Chapter 69 | Part 2, Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
(a) By pretending to be a Queen driven from her country by evil giants.
(b) By reading aloud from a book of chivalry each night.
(c) By pretending to be the sister of the Lady Dulcinea.
(d) By promising to marry him if he gets her home safely.
2. While staying at the castle of the Duke and Duchess, what does Sancho do every time he gets frightened?
(a) He hides in the Duchess' skirts.
(b) He pretends to be the Duke's valet.
(c) He crawls under a table.
(d) He jumps behind Don Quixote.
3. What ignoble disaster befalls Don Quixote and Sancho out in the countryside?
(a) They are trampled by swine.
(b) They are robbed of everything.
(c) They are attacked by birds.
(d) They fall into a swamp.
4. Why does Tosilos reveal himself at the duel?
(a) He decides he can see better without a helmet.
(b) He suddenly desires to marry the Duenna's daughter.
(c) He doesn't want to harm an old man.
(d) He gets scared and thinks revealing himself will stop Don Quixote.
5. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
(a) The common belief in enchantment
(b) The closeness of Dapple and Rozinante
(c) The Knight of the Wood and his squire
(d) The sun and the moon
Short Answer Questions
1. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
2. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
3. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
4. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
5. How does Quixote blend knight errantry and sainthood?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)