|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 67 | Part 2, Chapter 68 | Part 2, Chapter 69 | Part 2, Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(b) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(c) The inn catches on fire.
(d) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
2. How does the Countess of Trifaldi attempt to capture the interest of Don Quixote?
(a) With a tale of an evil count
(b) With a tale of two lovers
(c) With a tale of dragons
(d) With a tale of a giant
3. How does Cervantes work yet another side plot into his story at the point of boarding the ships?
(a) He te;;s about drunken Turks who abduct a beautiful Christian woman.
(b) He writes about a woman who dresses as a man to find her lover.
(c) He tells about a love affair that goes terribly wrong.
(d) He tells the tale of a Christian woman who is captain of a pirate ship.
4. What ignoble disaster befalls Don Quixote and Sancho out in the countryside?
(a) They are attacked by birds.
(b) They fall into a swamp.
(c) They are robbed of everything.
(d) They are trampled by swine.
5. Why were the Duke and Duchess eager to meet Don Quixote and Sancho?
(a) They are madder than Don Quixote.
(b) They had read about them in the First Volume.
(c) They think Quixote is a real knight.
(d) They are bored and want a diversion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
2. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
3. Who are the surprise visitors to the group?
4. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
5. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)