|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 67 | Part 2, Chapter 68 | Part 2, Chapter 69 | Part 2, Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has dinner with Don Quixote after Sancho Panza goes home?
(a) The barber and the priest
(b) His housekeeper and his niece
(c) The mayor of La Mancha
(d) The mischevious student Sampson
2. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(b) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(c) The inn catches on fire.
(d) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
3. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
(a) That he wins people over by his great imagination.
(b) That the age of chivalry is not dead.
(c) That his meddling seldom has the resultsfor which he plans.
(d) That he is invincible when he wears his armor.
4. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
(b) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
(c) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(d) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
5. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
(b) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(c) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
(d) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrangements had the Duke made regarding the duel?
2. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
3. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
4. How does Sancho's common sense come though during the telling of the Countess' story?
5. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)