|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 67 | Part 2, Chapter 68 | Part 2, Chapter 69 | Part 2, Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Don Antonio not pleased with the arrangement of Don Quixote going home?
(a) He thinks Sampson won by trickery.
(b) He can have no more fun with the Don.
(c) He knows Don Quixote is not happy.
(d) He wants to get money out of Don Quixote.
2. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
(a) That Dorothea is not Princess Micomicona.
(b) That the Princess Micomicona no longer has a kingdom.
(c) That the curate tells the Princess Micomicona to find another champion.
(d) That the Princess Micomicona has fallen in love with Don Fernando.
3. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(b) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
(c) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
(d) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
4. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
(a) That he wins people over by his great imagination.
(b) That his meddling seldom has the resultsfor which he plans.
(c) That the age of chivalry is not dead.
(d) That he is invincible when he wears his armor.
5. What means of travel does the Duenna say the giant Malambruno will send for them to go to him?
(a) A flying carpet
(b) A giant wooden, flying horse
(c) A large blue bull
(d) A caravan of white elephant
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dilemma of the steward?
2. What is the point of the Countess of Trifaldi's story?
3. Why does Don Quixote go to Barcelona instead of Saragossa?
4. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
5. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)