|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 67 | Part 2, Chapter 68 | Part 2, Chapter 69 | Part 2, Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(b) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(c) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(d) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
2. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
(a) That the age of chivalry is not dead.
(b) That he is invincible when he wears his armor.
(c) That he wins people over by his great imagination.
(d) That his meddling seldom has the resultsfor which he plans.
3. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
(b) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
(c) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
(d) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
4. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
(a) To hold a conversation with the Duchess
(b) With the servants to play games
(c) To the stable to check on Dapple
(d) To the moat to take a swim
5. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
(a) Betrayal by a woman
(b) Unrequited love for Leandra
(c) How his goat is the enchanted Leandra.
(d) How Leandra became a shepardess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quixote do when Sancho must leave to assume his governorship?
2. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
3. How does Cervantes plan to see that no further writing is done regarding Don Quixote de La Mancha?
4. What happens when Don Quixote, moved by Eugenio's tale, volunteers to rescue his love and restore her to him?
5. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)