|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 67 | Part 2, Chapter 68 | Part 2, Chapter 69 | Part 2, Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of Ricote in the the story?
(a) It takes up a few pages in the story.
(b) It show how people who know the joke can believe Sancho as a governor.
(c) It points out the religious persecution of the day.
(d) It makes a transition for Sancho back into regular life.
2. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
(b) He starts braying like his mule.
(c) He is transformed into a knight errant.
(d) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
3. How does Cervantes plan to see that no further writing is done regarding Don Quixote de La Mancha?
(a) By writing the rest of the books in code.
(b) By getting a legal restraining order.
(c) By allowing only a select few people to see his work.
(d) By seeing him dead and buried at the end of Part Two.
4. How does Don Quixote interpret the penitents and their effigy of the Virgin?
(a) He thinks they have come to set him free of enchantment.
(b) He sees them as criminals who have kidnapped a Lady.
(c) He sees them as holy men on the way to Jerusalem.
(d) He thinks they are ghosts.
5. When the wooden horse arrives, why are Quixote and Sancho blindfolded?
(a) They are told they must do that for the horse to fly.
(b) They might get airsick if they could see and look down.
(c) They have to get their eyes ready to see the giant in his dark castle.
(d) They cannot see where the giant's hideout is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
2. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
3. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
4. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
5. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)