|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 67 | Part 2, Chapter 68 | Part 2, Chapter 69 | Part 2, Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the galley, Don Quixote gets a royal greeting but what happens to Sancho Panza?
(a) He is picked up by the crew and tossed around.
(b) He is pushed into the sea.
(c) He is forced to be an oarsman.
(d) He is tied to the mast.
2. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
(a) Vivaldo suggests that the day of knights errant are long past and Don Quizxote should go home.
(b) Instead of making their last moments in honor of their ladies, knights should instead submit themselves to God.
(c) Vivaldo says that the rules of knight errantry need to be rewritten.
(d) Vivaldo challenges Don Quixote to find and slay a dragon.
3. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
(a) He touches them and they feel like human bodies.
(b) He overhears them speaking in his native tongue.
(c) He sees that they leave footprints when they walk.
(d) He does not believe in demons.
4. What comes back to Sancho from his behavior toward Don Quixote?
(a) Now people think he is mad.
(b) Now he has to hear all court cases.
(c) Now he has to make all the decisions.
(d) Now people are asking him for money.
5. Why does Sampson's pretend squire leave him?
(a) Sampson has no money to pay him.
(b) He says Sampson is behaving as mad as Don Quixote.
(c) He decides the wants to be the knight himself.
(d) He has become friends with Sancho who will be hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
2. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
3. Why does Teresa fear for Sancho suddenly becoming rich?
4. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
5. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)