|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What means of travel does the Duenna say the giant Malambruno will send for them to go to him?
(a) A flying carpet
(b) A caravan of white elephant
(c) A large blue bull
(d) A giant wooden, flying horse
2. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
(a) The Duke and Duchess are not there to see him off.
(b) The steward is the one who plays the part of Countess Trifaldi.
(c) It should be a baron to take him to such a place.
(d) No one has told him where his governorship is.
3. Who has dinner with Don Quixote after Sancho Panza goes home?
(a) The mischevious student Sampson
(b) His housekeeper and his niece
(c) The barber and the priest
(d) The mayor of La Mancha
4. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(b) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(c) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
(d) From listening to children's fairy tales
5. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
(b) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
(c) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
(d) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What argument does the niece use to try and get her uncle to stay home?
2. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
3. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
4. Who does Quixote insist he meets down in the Cave of Montesinos?
5. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)