|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) A cruel murderess.
(b) The princess of El Toboso.
(c) The milkmaid who marries a king.
(d) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
2. What plot does the Duchess hatch against Sancho?
(a) She plans to send the duenna to Sancho's isle.
(b) She send a letter to Sancho saying that Don Quixote is dying.
(c) She tries to seduce Sancho.
(d) She decides to send the same page who played the part of Dulcinea to visit Teresa Panza with Sancho's letter
3. Why does Sampson's pretend squire leave him?
(a) He decides the wants to be the knight himself.
(b) He has become friends with Sancho who will be hurt.
(c) Sampson has no money to pay him.
(d) He says Sampson is behaving as mad as Don Quixote.
4. How does Sancho's common sense come though during the telling of the Countess' story?
(a) He says that the idea of turning the princess into a brass monkey is absurd.
(b) He questions why a Queen would die at the marriage of her daughter.
(c) He does not believe Don Clavijo could become a metal crocodile.
(d) He suspects the Countess is another of the household maids.
5. What happens as they ride up to meet a Duchess and a Duke?
(a) They make fools of themselves falling off their mounts.
(b) They allow Dapple and Rozinante to eat from the table.
(c) They knock over the tent where the Duke and Duchess are sitting.
(d) Don Quixote see them as evil rulers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
2. How does Quixote blend knight errantry and sainthood?
3. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
4. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
5. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)