|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
(a) He cannot think of any appropriate proverbs.
(b) He tears his new suit.
(c) He makes many bumbling mistakes.
(d) His common sense astonishes everyone.
2. What plot does the Duchess hatch against Sancho?
(a) She decides to send the same page who played the part of Dulcinea to visit Teresa Panza with Sancho's letter
(b) She tries to seduce Sancho.
(c) She send a letter to Sancho saying that Don Quixote is dying.
(d) She plans to send the duenna to Sancho's isle.
3. How does Don Quixote interpret the penitents and their effigy of the Virgin?
(a) He thinks they have come to set him free of enchantment.
(b) He sees them as holy men on the way to Jerusalem.
(c) He sees them as criminals who have kidnapped a Lady.
(d) He thinks they are ghosts.
4. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
(a) How his goat is the enchanted Leandra.
(b) Betrayal by a woman
(c) How Leandra became a shepardess.
(d) Unrequited love for Leandra
5. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) A Bible
(b) His ledger book
(c) An old book of chivalry
(d) A catalogue
Short Answer Questions
1. On their next adventure, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza head first?
2. Who has dinner with Don Quixote after Sancho Panza goes home?
3. How does the fake Merlin tell Sancho Panza that the enchantment of Dulcinea can be broken?
4. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
5. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)