|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
(a) How Leandra became a shepardess.
(b) Betrayal by a woman
(c) How his goat is the enchanted Leandra.
(d) Unrequited love for Leandra
2. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
(a) The sports games of the county
(b) The wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich
(c) The local fair and festival
(d) A duel between Camacho and Basilio, a former lover of Quiteria
3. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
(a) By pretending to be a Queen driven from her country by evil giants.
(b) By promising to marry him if he gets her home safely.
(c) By reading aloud from a book of chivalry each night.
(d) By pretending to be the sister of the Lady Dulcinea.
4. How does Cervantes poke fun at his own mistakes in writing the first part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
(a) He discusses the absurdity of a man like Don Quixote.
(b) He discusses putting in so many unrelated stories in the book.
(c) He raises the question of the disappearing ass, Dapple, and its unexplained reappearance.
(d) He talks about how the characters in his book are unbelievable.
5. What happens when Don Quixote, moved by Eugenio's tale, volunteers to rescue his love and restore her to him?
(a) They fight when Eugenio suggests that Don Quixote is out of his mind.
(b) Eugenio says it is too late because Leandra is dead.
(c) Eugenio falls at his feet with tears in his eyes.
(d) Eugenio begs to go with Don Quixote to rescue Leandra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
2. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
3. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
4. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
5. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)