|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
(a) The steward is the one who plays the part of Countess Trifaldi.
(b) No one has told him where his governorship is.
(c) The Duke and Duchess are not there to see him off.
(d) It should be a baron to take him to such a place.
2. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(b) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(c) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(d) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
3. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
(a) He says he never read anything like that in his books about knight errantry.
(b) He pays him with enchanted money that Sancho cannot see.
(c) He turns it around and gets Sancho to pay him a monthly wage.
(d) He fires him and starts looking for a replacement.
4. Who else does Quixote insist he sees inside the cave?
(a) The Knight of the Wood looking for revenge.
(b) Teresa Panza looking for her husband.
(c) Dulcinea still enchanted as a peasant girl.
(d) The priest and the barbers looking for the way out.
5. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
(a) To hold a conversation with the Duchess
(b) To the stable to check on Dapple
(c) With the servants to play games
(d) To the moat to take a swim
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of the Countess of Trifaldi's story?
2. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
3. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
4. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
5. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)