|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
(a) He is tricked into being tied by one hand in the barn loft as he stands on the back of Rozinante.
(b) He uses a pitchfork in place of his lance which has been broken to pieces.
(c) He sees giants walking everywhere in the courtyard of the inn.
(d) He thinks he sees Dulcinea walking in the moonlight around the inn.
2. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
(a) The Knight of the Wood is shocked that Sancho speaks up so freely.
(b) Don Quixote orders them to go away.
(c) The knight's squire is Sancho's cousin.
(d) They want to talk about their crazy masters.
3. What is the discussion about between Don Diego and Don Quixote?
(a) The revival of knight errantry
(b) The lives of the greatest knights errant
(c) A comparison of the value of poetry versus the sciences
(d) The current political situation in Spain
4. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
(a) They give Sancho the braying trophy.
(b) They make Sancho their mayor.
(c) They think he is mocking them and they stone Sancho and Don Quixote.
(d) They tell Sancho that he has a lot to learn about braying.
5. Back in the castle what happens with Quixote and Dona Rodriguez?
(a) The lights go out and they are slapped and pinched in the darkness.
(b) He begins to think she is not a bad person after all.
(c) She brings many distasteful things for him to eat.
(d) Quixote keeps his head under the sheets so the Dona will not see his wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sancho get into an argument with about waiting women?
2. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
3. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
4. While staying at the castle of the Duke and Duchess, what does Sancho do every time he gets frightened?
5. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)