|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
(a) Master Pedro turns out to be Gines de Pasamonte from Volume One
(b) He has a confederate who suppplies him with information.
(c) He asked the ape to find out for him.
(d) He has read the first volume.
2. What is the moral of the story of the braying town going to war with its neighbors?
(a) If you must bray, don't tell anyone.
(b) People should not make fun of people who bray.
(c) People who know how to bray should keep quiet.
(d) Not all war is honorable and glorious.
3. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
(a) That she can lead him to Lucinda.
(b) That she is more beautiful than Lucinda.
(c) That she is the farmer's daughter Don Fernando promises to marry.
(d) That he cannot remember Lucinda's face.
4. What is the plan to transport Don Quixote back to La Mancha?
(a) He is held in a makeshift cage on back of an oxcart.
(b) He is taken prisoner by the king's horsemen.
(c) He is ited to the back of his horse and led to La Mancha.
(d) He is tricked into leading them to La Mancha because Dulcinea has come there.
5. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
(a) His use of homespun proverbs
(b) His rambling on and on without a point
(c) His affected speech
(d) His butting in to Quixote's conversations
Short Answer Questions
1. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
2. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
3. What comes back to Sancho from his behavior toward Don Quixote?
4. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
5. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)