|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
(a) Telling Camacho that Quiteria is pregnant with Basilio's child.
(b) Sending another heavily veiled girl in to wed Camacho.
(c) Pretending that Basilio has kidnapped Quiteria.
(d) Quiteria marrying Basilio when it appears he is about to die.
2. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
(a) Quixote rebukes Sancho again for his provencial speech.
(b) The Duke considers that Sancho might make a good governor.
(c) The Duchess is thrilled that the eccliastic show Sancho up.
(d) The eccliastic takes notes for a sermon.
3. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
(b) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(c) From listening to children's fairy tales
(d) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
4. Why does Sancho Panza continue to insist that Don Quixote is not enchanted?
(a) Because Quixote needs to relieve himself.
(b) Because Quixote understands that he is in a cage.
(c) Because Don Quixote complains of hunger.
(d) Because he heard the demons talking about stopping to eat.
5. Who arrives next to see the famous Don Quixote?
(a) Sir Lancelot of the Round Table
(b) Countess Trifaldi, also called the Doleful Duenna
(c) Queen Guenevere
(d) The Duke of Earl
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
2. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
3. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
4. Who are the surprise visitors to the group?
5. What is the discussion about between Don Diego and Don Quixote?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)