|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the canon think about drama of his day?
(a) The plays staged at his time are worthy of high praise.
(b) Plays are a reflection of real life and teach valuable morals.
(c) Plays are educational to those who cannot read books.
(d) The plays that are staged nowadays are mirrors of absurdity, patterns of folly, and images of lewdness.
2. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
(b) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(c) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
(d) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
3. Who does Quixote insist he meets down in the Cave of Montesinos?
(a) Sir Arthur and his magic sword
(b) St. George's dragon
(c) Durandarte, an enchanted knight who had his heart removed for love when he was vanquished.
(d) The knights of the Round Table
4. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He is transformed into a knight errant.
(b) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(c) He starts braying like his mule.
(d) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
5. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) Sancho had it coming to him.
(b) The castle is enchanted.
(c) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(d) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the fake Merlin tell Sancho Panza that the enchantment of Dulcinea can be broken?
2. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
3. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
4. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
5. When the wooden horse arrives, why are Quixote and Sancho blindfolded?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)