|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From listening to children's fairy tales
(b) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(c) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(d) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
2. What do the curate and the barber try to avoid when they go to visit Quixote at home?
(a) Talking about knight errantry
(b) Reminding Quixote about his knightly obligations
(c) Talking about Sancho Panza
(d) Asking about Dulcinea
3. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
(a) He is welcomed, fed, entertained and medicated.
(b) The goatherds fear him because he is mad.
(c) He is set upon to see if he has money.
(d) The goarherds laugh at him and send him away.
4. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
(a) Don Quixote insists that the basin is the helmet of Mambrino.
(b) Don Quixote is convinced the basin is a basin.
(c) Don Quixote challenges the porr barber to a duel.
(d) Don Quixote pays the man for the helmet and the packsaddle.
5. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
(a) The local fair and festival
(b) The wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich
(c) The sports games of the county
(d) A duel between Camacho and Basilio, a former lover of Quiteria
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
2. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
3. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
4. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
5. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)