|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) The castle is enchanted.
(b) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(c) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(d) Sancho had it coming to him.
2. What happens when Don Quixote, moved by Eugenio's tale, volunteers to rescue his love and restore her to him?
(a) They fight when Eugenio suggests that Don Quixote is out of his mind.
(b) Eugenio begs to go with Don Quixote to rescue Leandra.
(c) Eugenio falls at his feet with tears in his eyes.
(d) Eugenio says it is too late because Leandra is dead.
3. What argument does the niece use to try and get her uncle to stay home?
(a) She suggests that he needs to wait for new armor.
(b) She suggests that his health will not hold out.
(c) She argues that poor men cannot become knights.
(d) She says that he can go only if he takes her with him.
4. What does Quixote do when Sancho must leave to assume his governorship?
(a) He starts looking for another squire.
(b) He pays Sancho his back wages.
(c) He gets angry that he cannot go, too.
(d) He gives him good advice for ruling.
5. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(b) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(c) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
(d) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
2. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
3. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
4. Who is the unexpected pleasure for Don Quixote in Don Diego's house?
5. What is the plan to transport Don Quixote back to La Mancha?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)