|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has dinner with Don Quixote after Sancho Panza goes home?
(a) His housekeeper and his niece
(b) The mayor of La Mancha
(c) The barber and the priest
(d) The mischevious student Sampson
2. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(b) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
(c) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
(d) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
3. What does Quixote do when Sancho must leave to assume his governorship?
(a) He gives him good advice for ruling.
(b) He pays Sancho his back wages.
(c) He gets angry that he cannot go, too.
(d) He starts looking for another squire.
4. What argument does the niece use to try and get her uncle to stay home?
(a) She suggests that his health will not hold out.
(b) She suggests that he needs to wait for new armor.
(c) She argues that poor men cannot become knights.
(d) She says that he can go only if he takes her with him.
5. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
(a) By a spurned young girl
(b) By sparring with the Duke
(c) By falling down the stairs
(d) By cats with bells tied to them
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
2. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
3. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
4. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
5. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)