|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the unexpected pleasure for Don Quixote in Don Diego's house?
(a) Don Diego's beautiful daughter
(b) Don Lorenzo, Don Diego's poet son
(c) Don Diego's young wife
(d) Don Diego's personal chef
2. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
(a) The Knight of the Wood and his squire
(b) The sun and the moon
(c) The common belief in enchantment
(d) The closeness of Dapple and Rozinante
3. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(b) The tale of two cities
(c) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(d) The tale of Robin and Marian
4. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
(a) Vivaldo says that the rules of knight errantry need to be rewritten.
(b) Vivaldo suggests that the day of knights errant are long past and Don Quizxote should go home.
(c) Vivaldo challenges Don Quixote to find and slay a dragon.
(d) Instead of making their last moments in honor of their ladies, knights should instead submit themselves to God.
5. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
(a) They make him believe that the giants have invaded La Mancha.
(b) They send a false message saying Dulcinea bids Quixote to come to her immediately.
(c) They plan to tie him up in his sleep.
(d) They change all the road signs along the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
2. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
3. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
4. Why is the Duchess so amused by Sancho Panza?
5. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)