|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the visit of the curate and the barber, why is there a commotion outside Don Quixote's door?
(a) The innkeeper has come to try and collect his money.
(b) The village people have come, uspet about the latest book.
(c) The women are trying to prevent Sancho Panza from entering.
(d) Don Quixote's horse has come into the house.
2. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
(a) That he wins people over by his great imagination.
(b) That his meddling seldom has the resultsfor which he plans.
(c) That he is invincible when he wears his armor.
(d) That the age of chivalry is not dead.
3. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
(a) The cave of Montesinos
(b) Back to La Mancha
(c) The cathedral at Madrid
(d) The enchanted castle
4. Why is the Duchess so amused by Sancho Panza?
(a) She is too kind to object to his speech and behavior.
(b) She wants to help him realize his dreams.
(c) She thinks he is simple and honest.
(d) She sees that Quixote is mad but judges Sancho to be stupid.
5. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
(a) We are all the same when we sleep.
(b) I pretend my right hand is paralyzed so I have to use my left hand.
(c) Anybody can be a governor.
(d) Lions will never sleep with lambs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to inform Don Quixote of the book that has been written about him?
2. What is Cervantes' complaint in the prologue to the second part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
3. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
4. In a scheme to poke fun at Don Quixote and Sancho, who makes an appearance?
5. Who arrives next to see the famous Don Quixote?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)