|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
(a) He tells Sancho that they only appear to be flesh and blood.
(b) He agrees with Sancho but can do nothing.
(c) He says that Sancho is so hungry he is hallucinating.
(d) He insists that they are demons and he and Sancho have been enchanted.
2. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
(a) He teaches the students about knighthood.
(b) He avenges the peasants.
(c) He champions Basilio.
(d) He helps Quiteria escape.
3. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
(a) Don Quixote will do nothing because they are common people.
(b) Dapple falls in love with a horse that is pulling the actors' wagon.
(c) Once again, Sancho Panza is forced to walk.
(d) Dapple throws the actor on his back and returns to Sancho Panza.
4. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
(a) That his meddling seldom has the resultsfor which he plans.
(b) That the age of chivalry is not dead.
(c) That he wins people over by his great imagination.
(d) That he is invincible when he wears his armor.
5. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
(a) No one has told him where his governorship is.
(b) The steward is the one who plays the part of Countess Trifaldi.
(c) It should be a baron to take him to such a place.
(d) The Duke and Duchess are not there to see him off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
2. Who does Sancho get into an argument with about waiting women?
3. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
4. What happens when Don Quixote, moved by Eugenio's tale, volunteers to rescue his love and restore her to him?
5. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)