|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the fake Merlin tell Sancho Panza that the enchantment of Dulcinea can be broken?
(a) He must steal Don Quixote's brass helmet.
(b) He must dress up like a lady in waiting.
(c) He must ride Dapple into the moat.
(d) He must whip himself 3,300 times on the bare buttocks.
2. What is the point of the Countess of Trifaldi's story?
(a) It is a plan to get Sancho Panza to leave Don Quixote.
(b) It is a story to challenge Quixote to tell a better one.
(c) It is a trick to get Don Quixote to fight the giant Malambruno.
(d) It mocks Don Quixote as being a phony.
3. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(b) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(c) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
(d) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
4. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
(a) Vivaldo says that the rules of knight errantry need to be rewritten.
(b) Vivaldo suggests that the day of knights errant are long past and Don Quizxote should go home.
(c) Vivaldo challenges Don Quixote to find and slay a dragon.
(d) Instead of making their last moments in honor of their ladies, knights should instead submit themselves to God.
5. What is the moral of the story of the braying town going to war with its neighbors?
(a) People should not make fun of people who bray.
(b) People who know how to bray should keep quiet.
(c) Not all war is honorable and glorious.
(d) If you must bray, don't tell anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
2. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
3. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
4. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
5. Who comes to inform Don Quixote of the book that has been written about him?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)