|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The inn catches on fire.
(b) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(c) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(d) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
2. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
(b) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
(c) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
(d) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
3. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
(a) A teapot
(b) A pillowcase
(c) A bottle
(d) A cane
4. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
(a) He forgets where he left Don Quixote.
(b) He refuses to give them any information about Don Quixote.
(c) He has forgotten to bring the letter Quixote wrote to Dulcinea.
(d) He now believes the inn is an enchanted castle.
5. What happens when Don Quixote, moved by Eugenio's tale, volunteers to rescue his love and restore her to him?
(a) Eugenio falls at his feet with tears in his eyes.
(b) Eugenio begs to go with Don Quixote to rescue Leandra.
(c) Eugenio says it is too late because Leandra is dead.
(d) They fight when Eugenio suggests that Don Quixote is out of his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cervantes' complaint in the prologue to the second part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
2. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
3. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
4. What do the curate and the barber try to avoid when they go to visit Quixote at home?
5. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)