|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plot does the Duchess hatch against Sancho?
(a) She plans to send the duenna to Sancho's isle.
(b) She send a letter to Sancho saying that Don Quixote is dying.
(c) She decides to send the same page who played the part of Dulcinea to visit Teresa Panza with Sancho's letter
(d) She tries to seduce Sancho.
2. What is the point of the Countess of Trifaldi's story?
(a) It mocks Don Quixote as being a phony.
(b) It is a trick to get Don Quixote to fight the giant Malambruno.
(c) It is a story to challenge Quixote to tell a better one.
(d) It is a plan to get Sancho Panza to leave Don Quixote.
3. While staying at the castle of the Duke and Duchess, what does Sancho do every time he gets frightened?
(a) He crawls under a table.
(b) He pretends to be the Duke's valet.
(c) He hides in the Duchess' skirts.
(d) He jumps behind Don Quixote.
4. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
(a) Vivaldo says that the rules of knight errantry need to be rewritten.
(b) Vivaldo challenges Don Quixote to find and slay a dragon.
(c) Vivaldo suggests that the day of knights errant are long past and Don Quizxote should go home.
(d) Instead of making their last moments in honor of their ladies, knights should instead submit themselves to God.
5. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(b) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(c) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(d) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
Short Answer Questions
1. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
2. When Sancho tells his wife, Teresa, that he is going again with Don Quixote, what advice does Teresa give?
3. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
4. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
5. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)