|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the moral of the story of the braying town going to war with its neighbors?
(a) People should not make fun of people who bray.
(b) People who know how to bray should keep quiet.
(c) Not all war is honorable and glorious.
(d) If you must bray, don't tell anyone.
2. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
(a) He rejects being called Don Sancho Panza.
(b) He refuses to sit on a throne.
(c) He talks only to the poor.
(d) He wears his everyday clothes.
3. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
(a) Valiant and Gawain
(b) Peter and Paul
(c) Amadis and Orlando
(d) Arthur and Lancelot
4. Who comes to inform Don Quixote of the book that has been written about him?
(a) The mayor of La Mancha
(b) The canon
(c) The mischevious student Sampson
(d) Juana Panza
5. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
(a) He overhears them speaking in his native tongue.
(b) He does not believe in demons.
(c) He touches them and they feel like human bodies.
(d) He sees that they leave footprints when they walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries early in this second part to get Don Quixote to go home?
2. After the stoning, Sancho Panza makes what demand on Don Quixote?
3. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
4. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
5. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)