|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the fake Merlin tell Sancho Panza that the enchantment of Dulcinea can be broken?
(a) He must ride Dapple into the moat.
(b) He must whip himself 3,300 times on the bare buttocks.
(c) He must steal Don Quixote's brass helmet.
(d) He must dress up like a lady in waiting.
2. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) The castle is enchanted.
(b) Sancho had it coming to him.
(c) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(d) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
3. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(b) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(c) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
(d) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
4. After the stoning, Sancho Panza makes what demand on Don Quixote?
(a) He demands to be made a knight.
(b) He demands a new horse to ride.
(c) He demands a security team to keep them from being beaten.
(d) He demands money again after seeing that Don Quixote is a man of means.
5. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
(b) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
(c) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
(d) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
2. What advice does Don Quixote give the young page on the way to the inn?
3. What comes back to Sancho from his behavior toward Don Quixote?
4. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
5. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)