|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
(a) Don Quixote orders them to go away.
(b) The knight's squire is Sancho's cousin.
(c) They want to talk about their crazy masters.
(d) The Knight of the Wood is shocked that Sancho speaks up so freely.
2. When Sancho tells his wife, Teresa, that he is going again with Don Quixote, what advice does Teresa give?
(a) That this time he will surely die.
(b) That he must come home with another 100 crowns or not come home at all.
(c) That he should break his leg and get out of going with the madman.
(d) To remain in his own station and not think of governorships.
3. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
(a) His common sense astonishes everyone.
(b) He cannot think of any appropriate proverbs.
(c) He makes many bumbling mistakes.
(d) He tears his new suit.
4. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
(b) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
(c) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
(d) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
5. Why does Teresa fear for Sancho suddenly becoming rich?
(a) She says that he knows nothing about handling money and will lose it all.
(b) She says that he will get high ideas and divorce her.
(c) She says that he will have relatives coming to him that he never knew he had.
(d) She says that nobody looks at poor people but they stare at the rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cervantes' complaint in the prologue to the second part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
2. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
3. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
4. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
5. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)