|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
(a) He insists that they are demons and he and Sancho have been enchanted.
(b) He agrees with Sancho but can do nothing.
(c) He tells Sancho that they only appear to be flesh and blood.
(d) He says that Sancho is so hungry he is hallucinating.
2. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
(a) Don Quixote who is wanted by the king.
(b) Sancho Panza who has not paid his taxes to the crown.
(c) The Captive Captain who had a bounty on his head.
(d) Don Luis, the boy who is following Clara.
3. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) A drum beating in the distance
(b) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(c) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(d) The sound of many horses
4. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He says that he has never read one of them.
(b) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(c) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
(d) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
5. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) A Bible
(b) His ledger book
(c) A catalogue
(d) An old book of chivalry
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries early in this second part to get Don Quixote to go home?
2. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
3. What argument does the niece use to try and get her uncle to stay home?
4. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
5. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)