|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(b) The inn catches on fire.
(c) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(d) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
2. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
(a) A dream sequence
(b) A gypsy fortune teller
(c) Silly advice from a friend
(d) Talking animals
3. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
(a) The Duke considers that Sancho might make a good governor.
(b) Quixote rebukes Sancho again for his provencial speech.
(c) The Duchess is thrilled that the eccliastic show Sancho up.
(d) The eccliastic takes notes for a sermon.
4. Who are the surprise visitors to the group?
(a) A goat and its goatherd
(b) Some real demons
(c) The ghosts of two knights errant
(d) Dulcinea and her entourage
5. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
(a) Zoraida's father learns of her desire to go to a Christian country and helps them.
(b) They manage to rob the cruel Moor who is their master.
(c) They are freed in a raid by spanish troops.
(d) She gives them enough money to ransom themselves and buy a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the inn, what does Sancho happily observe?
2. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
3. How does Don Quixote interpret the penitents and their effigy of the Virgin?
4. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
5. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)