|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
(a) By promising to marry him if he gets her home safely.
(b) By pretending to be the sister of the Lady Dulcinea.
(c) By pretending to be a Queen driven from her country by evil giants.
(d) By reading aloud from a book of chivalry each night.
2. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) An old book of chivalry
(b) His ledger book
(c) A Bible
(d) A catalogue
3. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
(a) The innkeeper
(b) The barber from La Mancha
(c) The curate
4. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
(a) They are freed in a raid by spanish troops.
(b) Zoraida's father learns of her desire to go to a Christian country and helps them.
(c) They manage to rob the cruel Moor who is their master.
(d) She gives them enough money to ransom themselves and buy a boat.
5. What do the curate and the barber try to avoid when they go to visit Quixote at home?
(a) Asking about Dulcinea
(b) Talking about knight errantry
(c) Reminding Quixote about his knightly obligations
(d) Talking about Sancho Panza
Short Answer Questions
1. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
2. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
3. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
4. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
5. Who are the surprise visitors to the group?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)