|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
(b) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(c) They are about the same age, height, and build.
(d) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
2. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(b) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(c) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(d) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
3. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(b) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
(c) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
(d) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
4. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
(a) To buy provisions for a long camp out in the mountains
(b) To see the lady Dulcinea
(c) To return to the inn he believes is an enchanted castle
(d) To find the half naked man
5. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A brass barber's bowl
(b) A gravy boat
(c) A tea kettle
(d) A mop bucket
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the curate and the barber try to avoid when they go to visit Quixote at home?
2. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
3. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
4. Finally, Don Quixote and Sancho Panza are invited to a real castle. Who invites them?
5. Who has dinner with Don Quixote after Sancho Panza goes home?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)