|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally, Don Quixote and Sancho Panza are invited to a real castle. Who invites them?
(a) A prince of the realm
(b) A real Duke and Duchess
(c) Dona Rodrigquez de Grijalba
(d) Camila de Camacho
2. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
(a) The Captive Captain who had a bounty on his head.
(b) Don Luis, the boy who is following Clara.
(c) Sancho Panza who has not paid his taxes to the crown.
(d) Don Quixote who is wanted by the king.
3. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(b) The inn catches on fire.
(c) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(d) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
4. In a scheme to poke fun at Don Quixote and Sancho, who makes an appearance?
(a) A cow saddled like a knight's steed
(b) The eccliastic dressed as an avenging angel
(c) An actor dressed as the Devil
(d) A milkmaid dressed as the Lady Dulcinea
5. How does Cervantes poke fun at his own mistakes in writing the first part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
(a) He talks about how the characters in his book are unbelievable.
(b) He raises the question of the disappearing ass, Dapple, and its unexplained reappearance.
(c) He discusses the absurdity of a man like Don Quixote.
(d) He discusses putting in so many unrelated stories in the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
2. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
3. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
4. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
5. During the visit of the curate and the barber, why is there a commotion outside Don Quixote's door?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)