|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sancho tells his wife, Teresa, that he is going again with Don Quixote, what advice does Teresa give?
(a) That this time he will surely die.
(b) To remain in his own station and not think of governorships.
(c) That he must come home with another 100 crowns or not come home at all.
(d) That he should break his leg and get out of going with the madman.
2. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
(b) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
(c) A group of soldiers on military training
(d) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
3. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Money so that he can return home
(b) Wine to numb his pain
(c) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(d) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
4. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
(b) They blame the rats.
(c) They blame the curate.
(d) They blame an enchanter.
5. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
(a) Neither of them has ever seen Dulcinea and they do not know where to find her.
(b) The priest at the church thinks they are up to no good and refuses to tell them where to find Dulcinea.
(c) Dulcinea is in the village selling wheat but they do not recognize her.
(d) Dulcinea has traveled to Madrid to visit the Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
2. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
3. How does Don Quixote interpret the penitents and their effigy of the Virgin?
4. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
5. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)