|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to inform Don Quixote of the book that has been written about him?
(a) The canon
(b) Juana Panza
(c) The mayor of La Mancha
(d) The mischevious student Sampson
2. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
(a) They make him believe that the giants have invaded La Mancha.
(b) They plan to tie him up in his sleep.
(c) They send a false message saying Dulcinea bids Quixote to come to her immediately.
(d) They change all the road signs along the way.
3. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
(a) They are histerically funny adventures that see him victorious.
(b) They are misadventures that end in disaster for Don Quixote and a boy he tries to save.
(c) They are completely imaginary in Don Quixote's head.
(d) They are his first encounters with giants he needs to slay.
4. Who are the surprise visitors to the group?
(a) Dulcinea and her entourage
(b) Some real demons
(c) A goat and its goatherd
(d) The ghosts of two knights errant
5. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) His ledger book
(b) A catalogue
(c) An old book of chivalry
(d) A Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
2. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
3. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
4. How does Quixote blend knight errantry and sainthood?
5. What argument does the niece use to try and get her uncle to stay home?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)