|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the Duke and Duchess eager to meet Don Quixote and Sancho?
(a) They think Quixote is a real knight.
(b) They had read about them in the First Volume.
(c) They are madder than Don Quixote.
(d) They are bored and want a diversion.
2. Why does Sancho Panza continue to insist that Don Quixote is not enchanted?
(a) Because Don Quixote complains of hunger.
(b) Because Quixote understands that he is in a cage.
(c) Because he heard the demons talking about stopping to eat.
(d) Because Quixote needs to relieve himself.
3. What is Cervantes' complaint in the prologue to the second part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
(a) That some writer had written a second part plagirizing the character of Don Quixote.
(b) That the first part is really enough except for the public demand for more.
(c) That he is being forced to write a second part to satisfy royalty.
(d) That he has made no money off of the first part already in circulation.
4. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
(a) To return to the inn he believes is an enchanted castle
(b) To see the lady Dulcinea
(c) To find the half naked man
(d) To buy provisions for a long camp out in the mountains
5. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
(a) His speech sounds madder than his actions.
(b) His speech is halting and not at all like that of a noble knight.
(c) His speech is eloquent even though he suffers from madness.
(d) He can only speak things he has read in a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
2. Who does Quixote insist he meets down in the Cave of Montesinos?
3. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
4. What is the plan to transport Don Quixote back to La Mancha?
5. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)