|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
(a) A bottle
(b) A pillowcase
(c) A cane
(d) A teapot
2. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
(a) His speech is halting and not at all like that of a noble knight.
(b) His speech is eloquent even though he suffers from madness.
(c) He can only speak things he has read in a book.
(d) His speech sounds madder than his actions.
3. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
(a) His affected speech
(b) His rambling on and on without a point
(c) His use of homespun proverbs
(d) His butting in to Quixote's conversations
4. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
(b) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(c) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
(d) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
5. Finally, Don Quixote and Sancho Panza are invited to a real castle. Who invites them?
(a) Camila de Camacho
(b) A prince of the realm
(c) A real Duke and Duchess
(d) Dona Rodrigquez de Grijalba
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
2. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
3. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
4. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
5. What madness does the puppet show bring on in the mind of Don Quixote?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)