|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
(a) The curate promises to pay Sancho to go with him as a protection.
(b) Don Quixote seems ready to accept Sampson as his squire.
(c) He thinks about the isle he will one day reign over.
(d) He realizes that Don Quixote is penniless and cannot pay.
2. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
(a) A princess running away from a marriage she does not want.
(b) A woman and her children who are about to be sold as slaves.
(c) A group of laves about to be impaled.
(d) A Moorish lady who wishes to be a Christian.
3. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
(a) He tells Quixote that Dulcinea has been enchanted and will only be seen as a peasant girl.
(b) He tells Quixote that the Lady Dulcinea has left the village and gone to the inn to look for him.
(c) He says that the Lady Dulcinea is currently in a convent preparing for her marriage to Quixote.
(d) He says that the Lady Dulcinea's father has locked her away in a tower somewhere in the north.
4. What is the discussion about between Don Diego and Don Quixote?
(a) The revival of knight errantry
(b) A comparison of the value of poetry versus the sciences
(c) The current political situation in Spain
(d) The lives of the greatest knights errant
5. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
(b) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
(c) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
(d) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
2. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
3. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
4. Who has dinner with Don Quixote after Sancho Panza goes home?
5. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)