|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
(a) He asked the ape to find out for him.
(b) He has read the first volume.
(c) Master Pedro turns out to be Gines de Pasamonte from Volume One
(d) He has a confederate who suppplies him with information.
2. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
(a) Don Quixote insists that the basin is the helmet of Mambrino.
(b) Don Quixote is convinced the basin is a basin.
(c) Don Quixote pays the man for the helmet and the packsaddle.
(d) Don Quixote challenges the porr barber to a duel.
3. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
(b) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
(c) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
(d) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
4. What is Cervantes' complaint in the prologue to the second part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
(a) That he is being forced to write a second part to satisfy royalty.
(b) That he has made no money off of the first part already in circulation.
(c) That some writer had written a second part plagirizing the character of Don Quixote.
(d) That the first part is really enough except for the public demand for more.
5. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
(a) The local fair and festival
(b) The sports games of the county
(c) The wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich
(d) A duel between Camacho and Basilio, a former lover of Quiteria
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the surprise visitors to the group?
2. What madness does the puppet show bring on in the mind of Don Quixote?
3. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
4. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
5. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)