|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
(a) The barber
(d) Sancho Panza
2. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
(a) Sancho Panza who has not paid his taxes to the crown.
(b) The Captive Captain who had a bounty on his head.
(c) Don Quixote who is wanted by the king.
(d) Don Luis, the boy who is following Clara.
3. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
(a) He is tricked into being tied by one hand in the barn loft as he stands on the back of Rozinante.
(b) He thinks he sees Dulcinea walking in the moonlight around the inn.
(c) He sees giants walking everywhere in the courtyard of the inn.
(d) He uses a pitchfork in place of his lance which has been broken to pieces.
4. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) The castle is enchanted.
(b) Sancho had it coming to him.
(c) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(d) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
5. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
(a) He now believes the inn is an enchanted castle.
(b) He refuses to give them any information about Don Quixote.
(c) He forgets where he left Don Quixote.
(d) He has forgotten to bring the letter Quixote wrote to Dulcinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
2. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
3. What is Cervantes' complaint in the prologue to the second part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
4. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
5. What is the moral of the story of the braying town going to war with its neighbors?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)