|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sancho Panza continue to insist that Don Quixote is not enchanted?
(a) Because he heard the demons talking about stopping to eat.
(b) Because Quixote needs to relieve himself.
(c) Because Don Quixote complains of hunger.
(d) Because Quixote understands that he is in a cage.
2. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From listening to children's fairy tales
(b) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(c) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(d) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
3. What happens as they ride up to meet a Duchess and a Duke?
(a) Don Quixote see them as evil rulers.
(b) They allow Dapple and Rozinante to eat from the table.
(c) They knock over the tent where the Duke and Duchess are sitting.
(d) They make fools of themselves falling off their mounts.
4. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
(a) Camacho's vast wealth
(b) The beautiful dancing girls
(c) The acrobats
(d) The fine bed he is given
5. Why were the Duke and Duchess eager to meet Don Quixote and Sancho?
(a) They are bored and want a diversion.
(b) They are madder than Don Quixote.
(c) They had read about them in the First Volume.
(d) They think Quixote is a real knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
2. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
3. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
4. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
5. During the visit of the curate and the barber, why is there a commotion outside Don Quixote's door?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)