|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
(a) Camacho's vast wealth
(b) The beautiful dancing girls
(c) The fine bed he is given
(d) The acrobats
2. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
(b) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(c) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
(d) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
3. What happens when Don Quixote, moved by Eugenio's tale, volunteers to rescue his love and restore her to him?
(a) Eugenio says it is too late because Leandra is dead.
(b) Eugenio begs to go with Don Quixote to rescue Leandra.
(c) Eugenio falls at his feet with tears in his eyes.
(d) They fight when Eugenio suggests that Don Quixote is out of his mind.
4. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame an enchanter.
(b) They blame the curate.
(c) They blame the rats.
(d) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
5. Why does Teresa fear for Sancho suddenly becoming rich?
(a) She says that he will have relatives coming to him that he never knew he had.
(b) She says that he knows nothing about handling money and will lose it all.
(c) She says that he will get high ideas and divorce her.
(d) She says that nobody looks at poor people but they stare at the rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
2. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
3. What social gaff does Sancho make in the castle?
4. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
5. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)