|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(b) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(c) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(d) The inn catches on fire.
2. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) His ledger book
(b) An old book of chivalry
(c) A Bible
(d) A catalogue
3. What happens as they ride up to meet a Duchess and a Duke?
(a) They allow Dapple and Rozinante to eat from the table.
(b) Don Quixote see them as evil rulers.
(c) They knock over the tent where the Duke and Duchess are sitting.
(d) They make fools of themselves falling off their mounts.
4. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
(a) Don Quixote orders them to go away.
(b) They want to talk about their crazy masters.
(c) The knight's squire is Sancho's cousin.
(d) The Knight of the Wood is shocked that Sancho speaks up so freely.
5. How does Cervantes plan to see that no further writing is done regarding Don Quixote de La Mancha?
(a) By allowing only a select few people to see his work.
(b) By writing the rest of the books in code.
(c) By getting a legal restraining order.
(d) By seeing him dead and buried at the end of Part Two.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the visit of the curate and the barber, why is there a commotion outside Don Quixote's door?
2. At the inn, what does Sancho happily observe?
3. Who does Quixote insist he meets down in the Cave of Montesinos?
4. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
5. Who tries early in this second part to get Don Quixote to go home?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)