|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
(a) He tells Quixote that Dulcinea has been enchanted and will only be seen as a peasant girl.
(b) He says that the Lady Dulcinea's father has locked her away in a tower somewhere in the north.
(c) He tells Quixote that the Lady Dulcinea has left the village and gone to the inn to look for him.
(d) He says that the Lady Dulcinea is currently in a convent preparing for her marriage to Quixote.
2. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His extreme old age
(b) His vast collection of books
(c) His poor diet
(d) The cheap wine he has been drinking
3. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
(a) Expensive wineskins filled with wine
(b) The pillows on his bed
(c) The inn's windmill
(d) Pumpkins stacked in a corner
4. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(a) Oak trees
(d) Large rocks
5. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Money so that he can return home
(b) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(c) Wine to numb his pain
(d) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
2. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
3. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
4. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
5. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)