|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
(b) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
(c) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(d) He says that he has never read one of them.
2. Why were the Duke and Duchess eager to meet Don Quixote and Sancho?
(a) They had read about them in the First Volume.
(b) They are madder than Don Quixote.
(c) They think Quixote is a real knight.
(d) They are bored and want a diversion.
3. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
(a) The eccliastic takes notes for a sermon.
(b) The Duke considers that Sancho might make a good governor.
(c) Quixote rebukes Sancho again for his provencial speech.
(d) The Duchess is thrilled that the eccliastic show Sancho up.
4. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
(b) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
(c) They are about the same age, height, and build.
(d) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
5. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
(a) They want to talk about their crazy masters.
(b) Don Quixote orders them to go away.
(c) The Knight of the Wood is shocked that Sancho speaks up so freely.
(d) The knight's squire is Sancho's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else does Quixote insist he sees inside the cave?
2. Who is the unexpected pleasure for Don Quixote in Don Diego's house?
3. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
4. What is the discussion about between Don Diego and Don Quixote?
5. Who comes to inform Don Quixote of the book that has been written about him?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)