|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(b) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(c) The inn catches on fire.
(d) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
2. What does the canon think about drama of his day?
(a) Plays are a reflection of real life and teach valuable morals.
(b) The plays staged at his time are worthy of high praise.
(c) Plays are educational to those who cannot read books.
(d) The plays that are staged nowadays are mirrors of absurdity, patterns of folly, and images of lewdness.
3. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His poor diet
(b) His vast collection of books
(c) The cheap wine he has been drinking
(d) His extreme old age
4. How does Cervantes plan to see that no further writing is done regarding Don Quixote de La Mancha?
(a) By writing the rest of the books in code.
(b) By seeing him dead and buried at the end of Part Two.
(c) By allowing only a select few people to see his work.
(d) By getting a legal restraining order.
5. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
(a) Peter and Paul
(b) Valiant and Gawain
(c) Arthur and Lancelot
(d) Amadis and Orlando
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
2. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
3. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
4. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
5. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)