|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
(b) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
(c) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(d) He says that he has never read one of them.
2. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(c) Oak trees
(d) Large rocks
3. What is Cervantes' complaint in the prologue to the second part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
(a) That he is being forced to write a second part to satisfy royalty.
(b) That some writer had written a second part plagirizing the character of Don Quixote.
(c) That he has made no money off of the first part already in circulation.
(d) That the first part is really enough except for the public demand for more.
4. During the visit of the curate and the barber, why is there a commotion outside Don Quixote's door?
(a) Don Quixote's horse has come into the house.
(b) The village people have come, uspet about the latest book.
(c) The women are trying to prevent Sancho Panza from entering.
(d) The innkeeper has come to try and collect his money.
5. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(b) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(c) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(d) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
2. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
3. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
4. What do the curate and the barber try to avoid when they go to visit Quixote at home?
5. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)