|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His extreme old age
(b) His poor diet
(c) His vast collection of books
(d) The cheap wine he has been drinking
2. During the visit of the curate and the barber, why is there a commotion outside Don Quixote's door?
(a) Don Quixote's horse has come into the house.
(b) The village people have come, uspet about the latest book.
(c) The innkeeper has come to try and collect his money.
(d) The women are trying to prevent Sancho Panza from entering.
3. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
(a) The real things Don Quixote does.
(b) The promise of an island to rule
(c) Quixote's balm which can cure anything
(d) Sancho begins to see castles too.
4. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
(a) She fears being sold into slavery.
(b) She wants to leave and go to a Christian nation.
(c) Her father wants to marry her off to an old Moor gentleman.
(d) She thinks he is the most handsome man she ever saw.
5. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
(a) They change all the road signs along the way.
(b) They make him believe that the giants have invaded La Mancha.
(c) They send a false message saying Dulcinea bids Quixote to come to her immediately.
(d) They plan to tie him up in his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
2. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
3. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
4. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
5. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)