|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) A Bible
(b) A catalogue
(c) An old book of chivalry
(d) His ledger book
2. How does Cervantes poke fun at his own mistakes in writing the first part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
(a) He discusses the absurdity of a man like Don Quixote.
(b) He discusses putting in so many unrelated stories in the book.
(c) He talks about how the characters in his book are unbelievable.
(d) He raises the question of the disappearing ass, Dapple, and its unexplained reappearance.
3. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(b) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(c) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(d) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
4. What argument does the niece use to try and get her uncle to stay home?
(a) She says that he can go only if he takes her with him.
(b) She suggests that he needs to wait for new armor.
(c) She suggests that his health will not hold out.
(d) She argues that poor men cannot become knights.
5. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
(b) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(c) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
(d) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cervantes' complaint in the prologue to the second part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
2. How does Cervantes plan to see that no further writing is done regarding Don Quixote de La Mancha?
3. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
4. What do the curate and the barber try to avoid when they go to visit Quixote at home?
5. Who has dinner with Don Quixote after Sancho Panza goes home?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)