|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(c) Oak trees
(d) Large rocks
2. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They think there are many men attacking them.
(b) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(c) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(d) They cannot see well in the darkness.
3. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(b) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(c) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(d) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
4. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
(a) Don Quixote insists that the basin is the helmet of Mambrino.
(b) Don Quixote pays the man for the helmet and the packsaddle.
(c) Don Quixote challenges the porr barber to a duel.
(d) Don Quixote is convinced the basin is a basin.
5. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They are about the same age, height, and build.
(b) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(c) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
(d) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
2. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
3. What is Cervantes' complaint in the prologue to the second part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
4. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
5. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)