|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
(a) A gypsy fortune teller
(b) A dream sequence
(c) Talking animals
(d) Silly advice from a friend
2. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) A cruel murderess.
(b) The milkmaid who marries a king.
(c) The princess of El Toboso.
(d) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
3. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame the rats.
(b) They blame an enchanter.
(c) They blame the curate.
(d) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
4. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Wine to numb his pain
(b) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(c) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(d) Money so that he can return home
5. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(b) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
(c) He is transformed into a knight errant.
(d) He starts braying like his mule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
2. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
3. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
4. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
5. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)