|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
(a) Don Quixote insists that the basin is the helmet of Mambrino.
(b) Don Quixote is convinced the basin is a basin.
(c) Don Quixote challenges the porr barber to a duel.
(d) Don Quixote pays the man for the helmet and the packsaddle.
2. Who comes to inform Don Quixote of the book that has been written about him?
(a) The canon
(b) The mayor of La Mancha
(c) The mischevious student Sampson
(d) Juana Panza
3. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
(a) That he cannot remember Lucinda's face.
(b) That she is the farmer's daughter Don Fernando promises to marry.
(c) That she can lead him to Lucinda.
(d) That she is more beautiful than Lucinda.
4. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
(a) A princess running away from a marriage she does not want.
(b) A Moorish lady who wishes to be a Christian.
(c) A group of laves about to be impaled.
(d) A woman and her children who are about to be sold as slaves.
5. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
(a) A dream sequence
(b) A gypsy fortune teller
(c) Talking animals
(d) Silly advice from a friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
2. When Sancho tells his wife, Teresa, that he is going again with Don Quixote, what advice does Teresa give?
3. How does Don Quixote interpret the penitents and their effigy of the Virgin?
4. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
5. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)