|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
(a) A cane
(b) A teapot
(c) A pillowcase
(d) A bottle
2. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
(b) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
(c) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
(d) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
3. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(b) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
(c) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(d) From listening to children's fairy tales
4. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
(a) That the age of chivalry is not dead.
(b) That his meddling seldom has the resultsfor which he plans.
(c) That he wins people over by his great imagination.
(d) That he is invincible when he wears his armor.
5. Who are the surprise visitors to the group?
(a) The ghosts of two knights errant
(b) Dulcinea and her entourage
(c) Some real demons
(d) A goat and its goatherd
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
2. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
3. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
4. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
5. Why does Teresa fear for Sancho suddenly becoming rich?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)