|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(b) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(c) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(d) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
2. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(b) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
(c) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
(d) He says that he has never read one of them.
3. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(b) The castle is enchanted.
(c) Sancho had it coming to him.
(d) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
4. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
(a) He says that Sancho is so hungry he is hallucinating.
(b) He tells Sancho that they only appear to be flesh and blood.
(c) He insists that they are demons and he and Sancho have been enchanted.
(d) He agrees with Sancho but can do nothing.
5. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
(b) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
(c) A group of soldiers on military training
(d) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
2. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
3. Why does Teresa fear for Sancho suddenly becoming rich?
4. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
5. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)