|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(b) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(c) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
(d) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
2. How does Don Quixote interpret the penitents and their effigy of the Virgin?
(a) He thinks they are ghosts.
(b) He thinks they have come to set him free of enchantment.
(c) He sees them as criminals who have kidnapped a Lady.
(d) He sees them as holy men on the way to Jerusalem.
3. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of soldiers on military training
(b) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
(c) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
(d) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
4. How does Cervantes poke fun at his own mistakes in writing the first part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
(a) He discusses the absurdity of a man like Don Quixote.
(b) He raises the question of the disappearing ass, Dapple, and its unexplained reappearance.
(c) He talks about how the characters in his book are unbelievable.
(d) He discusses putting in so many unrelated stories in the book.
5. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
(a) He tells Sancho that they only appear to be flesh and blood.
(b) He insists that they are demons and he and Sancho have been enchanted.
(c) He says that Sancho is so hungry he is hallucinating.
(d) He agrees with Sancho but can do nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
2. During the visit of the curate and the barber, why is there a commotion outside Don Quixote's door?
3. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
4. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
5. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)