|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(b) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
(c) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
(d) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
2. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
(a) That the Princess Micomicona has fallen in love with Don Fernando.
(b) That Dorothea is not Princess Micomicona.
(c) That the curate tells the Princess Micomicona to find another champion.
(d) That the Princess Micomicona no longer has a kingdom.
3. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
(b) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
(c) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(d) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
4. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
(a) Pumpkins stacked in a corner
(b) Expensive wineskins filled with wine
(c) The pillows on his bed
(d) The inn's windmill
5. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
(a) The promise of an island to rule
(b) Sancho begins to see castles too.
(c) The real things Don Quixote does.
(d) Quixote's balm which can cure anything
Short Answer Questions
1. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
2. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
3. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
4. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
5. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)