|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
(a) She thinks he is the most handsome man she ever saw.
(b) She wants to leave and go to a Christian nation.
(c) Her father wants to marry her off to an old Moor gentleman.
(d) She fears being sold into slavery.
2. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
(a) By pretending to be a Queen driven from her country by evil giants.
(b) By reading aloud from a book of chivalry each night.
(c) By promising to marry him if he gets her home safely.
(d) By pretending to be the sister of the Lady Dulcinea.
3. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
(a) He can only speak things he has read in a book.
(b) His speech is eloquent even though he suffers from madness.
(c) His speech sounds madder than his actions.
(d) His speech is halting and not at all like that of a noble knight.
4. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) The princess of El Toboso.
(b) The milkmaid who marries a king.
(c) A cruel murderess.
(d) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
5. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
(a) Lothario and Anselmo join the army and Camilla becomes a nun.
(b) They all die.
(c) They all kiss and make up.
(d) Anselmo dies and Lothario and Camilla marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
2. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
3. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
4. What does the canon think about drama of his day?
5. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)