|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
(a) That he wins people over by his great imagination.
(b) That the age of chivalry is not dead.
(c) That his meddling seldom has the resultsfor which he plans.
(d) That he is invincible when he wears his armor.
2. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
(a) From Dulcinea del Toboso
(b) From the prostitutes he imagines as great ladies
(c) From the innkeeper he imagines as Lord of a great castle
(d) From a passing knight errant
3. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(b) Sancho had it coming to him.
(c) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(d) The castle is enchanted.
4. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(b) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(c) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(d) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
5. How does Cervantes poke fun at his own mistakes in writing the first part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
(a) He discusses putting in so many unrelated stories in the book.
(b) He discusses the absurdity of a man like Don Quixote.
(c) He raises the question of the disappearing ass, Dapple, and its unexplained reappearance.
(d) He talks about how the characters in his book are unbelievable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
2. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
3. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
4. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
5. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)