|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(b) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
(c) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(d) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
2. When Sancho tells his wife, Teresa, that he is going again with Don Quixote, what advice does Teresa give?
(a) That he should break his leg and get out of going with the madman.
(b) That this time he will surely die.
(c) That he must come home with another 100 crowns or not come home at all.
(d) To remain in his own station and not think of governorships.
3. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
(a) They are completely imaginary in Don Quixote's head.
(b) They are misadventures that end in disaster for Don Quixote and a boy he tries to save.
(c) They are histerically funny adventures that see him victorious.
(d) They are his first encounters with giants he needs to slay.
4. What happens when Don Quixote, moved by Eugenio's tale, volunteers to rescue his love and restore her to him?
(a) Eugenio says it is too late because Leandra is dead.
(b) Eugenio falls at his feet with tears in his eyes.
(c) Eugenio begs to go with Don Quixote to rescue Leandra.
(d) They fight when Eugenio suggests that Don Quixote is out of his mind.
5. How does Cervantes poke fun at his own mistakes in writing the first part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
(a) He discusses the absurdity of a man like Don Quixote.
(b) He talks about how the characters in his book are unbelievable.
(c) He raises the question of the disappearing ass, Dapple, and its unexplained reappearance.
(d) He discusses putting in so many unrelated stories in the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
2. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
3. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
4. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
5. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)