|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(b) He says that he has never read one of them.
(c) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
(d) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
2. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
(a) Because none of it makes any sense whatsoever.
(b) Because he can talk for such a long time without stopping.
(c) Because he is so articulate and convincing.
(d) Because he is right about everything he says.
3. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(b) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(c) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(d) They think there are many men attacking them.
4. How does Cervantes poke fun at his own mistakes in writing the first part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
(a) He talks about how the characters in his book are unbelievable.
(b) He discusses putting in so many unrelated stories in the book.
(c) He discusses the absurdity of a man like Don Quixote.
(d) He raises the question of the disappearing ass, Dapple, and its unexplained reappearance.
5. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
(a) She thinks he is the most handsome man she ever saw.
(b) Her father wants to marry her off to an old Moor gentleman.
(c) She fears being sold into slavery.
(d) She wants to leave and go to a Christian nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
2. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
3. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
4. What does the canon think about drama of his day?
5. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)