|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) A drum beating in the distance
(b) The sound of many horses
(c) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(d) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
2. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
(a) Lothario and Anselmo join the army and Camilla becomes a nun.
(b) They all kiss and make up.
(c) Anselmo dies and Lothario and Camilla marry.
(d) They all die.
3. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A tea kettle
(b) A mop bucket
(c) A gravy boat
(d) A brass barber's bowl
4. Who comes to inform Don Quixote of the book that has been written about him?
(a) The mischevious student Sampson
(b) The canon
(c) The mayor of La Mancha
(d) Juana Panza
5. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
(b) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
(c) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(d) He says that he has never read one of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
2. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
3. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
4. Who has dinner with Don Quixote after Sancho Panza goes home?
5. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)