|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
(b) The barber
(d) Sancho Panza
2. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
(a) The pillows on his bed
(b) Expensive wineskins filled with wine
(c) The inn's windmill
(d) Pumpkins stacked in a corner
3. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
(b) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(c) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
(d) They are about the same age, height, and build.
4. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
(a) The barber from La Mancha
(b) The curate
(c) The innkeeper
5. Who has dinner with Don Quixote after Sancho Panza goes home?
(a) The mayor of La Mancha
(b) His housekeeper and his niece
(c) The barber and the priest
(d) The mischevious student Sampson
Short Answer Questions
1. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
2. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
3. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
4. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
5. How does Cervantes poke fun at his own mistakes in writing the first part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)