|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 | Part 2, Chapter 4 | Part 2, Chapter 5 | Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(b) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
(c) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
(d) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
2. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
(b) The barber from La Mancha
(c) The curate
(d) The innkeeper
3. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(b) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(c) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(d) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
4. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) A Bible
(b) A catalogue
(c) His ledger book
(d) An old book of chivalry
5. Who comes to inform Don Quixote of the book that has been written about him?
(a) Juana Panza
(b) The mischevious student Sampson
(c) The canon
(d) The mayor of La Mancha
Short Answer Questions
1. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
2. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
3. How does Don Quixote interpret the penitents and their effigy of the Virgin?
4. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
5. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)