|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
(a) The Sierra Morena mountains
(b) The inn where they stayed before
(c) The fulling mills
(d) Back in La Mancha
2. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(b) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
(c) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(d) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
3. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
(a) The curate
(c) The innkeeper
(d) The barber from La Mancha
4. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A brass barber's bowl
(b) A tea kettle
(c) A mop bucket
(d) A gravy boat
5. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
(a) He sees giants walking everywhere in the courtyard of the inn.
(b) He thinks he sees Dulcinea walking in the moonlight around the inn.
(c) He uses a pitchfork in place of his lance which has been broken to pieces.
(d) He is tricked into being tied by one hand in the barn loft as he stands on the back of Rozinante.
Short Answer Questions
1. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
2. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
3. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
4. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
5. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)