|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
(a) That the curate tells the Princess Micomicona to find another champion.
(b) That the Princess Micomicona no longer has a kingdom.
(c) That the Princess Micomicona has fallen in love with Don Fernando.
(d) That Dorothea is not Princess Micomicona.
2. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
(a) A bottle
(b) A teapot
(c) A cane
(d) A pillowcase
3. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
(a) To return to the inn he believes is an enchanted castle
(b) To buy provisions for a long camp out in the mountains
(c) To see the lady Dulcinea
(d) To find the half naked man
4. What is the plan to transport Don Quixote back to La Mancha?
(a) He is ited to the back of his horse and led to La Mancha.
(b) He is tricked into leading them to La Mancha because Dulcinea has come there.
(c) He is held in a makeshift cage on back of an oxcart.
(d) He is taken prisoner by the king's horsemen.
5. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
(a) The days when literature was at its peak.
(b) A time when there was money for everyone.
(c) A simpler, more peaceful time in the age of chivalry.
(d) The times when uses of metal were discovered.
Short Answer Questions
1. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
2. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
3. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
4. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
5. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)