|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
(a) That the Princess Micomicona no longer has a kingdom.
(b) That the curate tells the Princess Micomicona to find another champion.
(c) That Dorothea is not Princess Micomicona.
(d) That the Princess Micomicona has fallen in love with Don Fernando.
2. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
(a) The pillows on his bed
(b) Expensive wineskins filled with wine
(c) The inn's windmill
(d) Pumpkins stacked in a corner
3. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of soldiers on military training
(b) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
(c) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
(d) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
4. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
(b) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
(c) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
(d) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
5. What does the canon think about drama of his day?
(a) Plays are educational to those who cannot read books.
(b) Plays are a reflection of real life and teach valuable morals.
(c) The plays staged at his time are worthy of high praise.
(d) The plays that are staged nowadays are mirrors of absurdity, patterns of folly, and images of lewdness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
2. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
3. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
4. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
5. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)