|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A tea kettle
(b) A mop bucket
(c) A brass barber's bowl
(d) A gravy boat
2. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
(a) He is punished even worse after Don Quixote rides away.
(b) Everyone laughs at him because he cannot defend himself.
(c) Now no one wants to hire him because they say he has a knight protecting him.
(d) He doesn't want to be any further indebted to the knight errant.
3. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
(a) Silly advice from a friend
(b) Talking animals
(c) A dream sequence
(d) A gypsy fortune teller
4. What is the plan to transport Don Quixote back to La Mancha?
(a) He is tricked into leading them to La Mancha because Dulcinea has come there.
(b) He is ited to the back of his horse and led to La Mancha.
(c) He is held in a makeshift cage on back of an oxcart.
(d) He is taken prisoner by the king's horsemen.
5. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
(a) Zoraida's father learns of her desire to go to a Christian country and helps them.
(b) They are freed in a raid by spanish troops.
(c) She gives them enough money to ransom themselves and buy a boat.
(d) They manage to rob the cruel Moor who is their master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
2. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
3. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
4. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
5. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)