|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
(a) He agrees with Sancho but can do nothing.
(b) He insists that they are demons and he and Sancho have been enchanted.
(c) He tells Sancho that they only appear to be flesh and blood.
(d) He says that Sancho is so hungry he is hallucinating.
2. Who are the surprise visitors to the group?
(a) Some real demons
(b) A goat and its goatherd
(c) Dulcinea and her entourage
(d) The ghosts of two knights errant
3. What is the plan to transport Don Quixote back to La Mancha?
(a) He is tricked into leading them to La Mancha because Dulcinea has come there.
(b) He is ited to the back of his horse and led to La Mancha.
(c) He is held in a makeshift cage on back of an oxcart.
(d) He is taken prisoner by the king's horsemen.
4. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(b) From listening to children's fairy tales
(c) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(d) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
5. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
(b) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
(c) A group of soldiers on military training
(d) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
Short Answer Questions
1. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
2. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
3. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
4. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
5. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)