|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
(a) He doesn't want to be any further indebted to the knight errant.
(b) Everyone laughs at him because he cannot defend himself.
(c) He is punished even worse after Don Quixote rides away.
(d) Now no one wants to hire him because they say he has a knight protecting him.
2. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
(a) Talking animals
(b) Silly advice from a friend
(c) A dream sequence
(d) A gypsy fortune teller
3. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
(b) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
(c) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
(d) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
4. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
(b) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
(c) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
(d) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
5. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame the curate.
(b) They blame the rats.
(c) They blame an enchanter.
(d) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
2. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
3. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
4. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
5. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)