|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
(a) The real things Don Quixote does.
(b) The promise of an island to rule
(c) Sancho begins to see castles too.
(d) Quixote's balm which can cure anything
2. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
(a) Don Quixote insists that the basin is the helmet of Mambrino.
(b) Don Quixote is convinced the basin is a basin.
(c) Don Quixote pays the man for the helmet and the packsaddle.
(d) Don Quixote challenges the porr barber to a duel.
3. What does the canon think about drama of his day?
(a) The plays staged at his time are worthy of high praise.
(b) The plays that are staged nowadays are mirrors of absurdity, patterns of folly, and images of lewdness.
(c) Plays are educational to those who cannot read books.
(d) Plays are a reflection of real life and teach valuable morals.
4. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) The milkmaid who marries a king.
(b) A cruel murderess.
(c) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
(d) The princess of El Toboso.
5. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(b) The tale of Robin and Marian
(c) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(d) The tale of two cities
Short Answer Questions
1. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
2. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
3. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
4. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
5. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)