|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(b) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
(c) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
(d) They are about the same age, height, and build.
2. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
(a) Don Quixote pays the man for the helmet and the packsaddle.
(b) Don Quixote is convinced the basin is a basin.
(c) Don Quixote insists that the basin is the helmet of Mambrino.
(d) Don Quixote challenges the porr barber to a duel.
3. Why does Sancho Panza continue to insist that Don Quixote is not enchanted?
(a) Because Don Quixote complains of hunger.
(b) Because Quixote understands that he is in a cage.
(c) Because Quixote needs to relieve himself.
(d) Because he heard the demons talking about stopping to eat.
4. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(a) Oak trees
(b) Large rocks
5. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
(a) He tells Sancho that they only appear to be flesh and blood.
(b) He insists that they are demons and he and Sancho have been enchanted.
(c) He agrees with Sancho but can do nothing.
(d) He says that Sancho is so hungry he is hallucinating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
2. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
3. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
4. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
5. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)