|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) A Bible
(b) A catalogue
(c) An old book of chivalry
(d) His ledger book
2. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
(b) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
(c) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(d) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
3. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(b) The tale of Robin and Marian
(c) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(d) The tale of two cities
4. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(b) A drum beating in the distance
(c) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(d) The sound of many horses
5. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(b) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
(c) From listening to children's fairy tales
(d) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
2. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
3. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
4. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
5. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)