|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(b) The tale of Robin and Marian
(c) The tale of two cities
(d) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
2. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(b) The inn catches on fire.
(c) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(d) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
3. Who are the surprise visitors to the group?
(a) The ghosts of two knights errant
(b) Dulcinea and her entourage
(c) A goat and its goatherd
(d) Some real demons
4. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(b) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
(c) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(d) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
5. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(b) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
(c) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(d) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
2. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
3. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
4. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
5. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)