|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
(a) Zoraida's father learns of her desire to go to a Christian country and helps them.
(b) She gives them enough money to ransom themselves and buy a boat.
(c) They manage to rob the cruel Moor who is their master.
(d) They are freed in a raid by spanish troops.
2. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
(b) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(c) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(d) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
3. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
(a) They make him believe that the giants have invaded La Mancha.
(b) They send a false message saying Dulcinea bids Quixote to come to her immediately.
(c) They change all the road signs along the way.
(d) They plan to tie him up in his sleep.
4. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
(a) A Moorish lady who wishes to be a Christian.
(b) A princess running away from a marriage she does not want.
(c) A woman and her children who are about to be sold as slaves.
(d) A group of laves about to be impaled.
5. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The inn catches on fire.
(b) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(c) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(d) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the canon think about drama of his day?
2. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
3. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
4. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
5. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)