|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
(a) To see the lady Dulcinea
(b) To buy provisions for a long camp out in the mountains
(c) To return to the inn he believes is an enchanted castle
(d) To find the half naked man
2. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
(b) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
(c) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
(d) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
3. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of two cities
(b) The tale of Robin and Marian
(c) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(d) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
4. Why does Sancho Panza continue to insist that Don Quixote is not enchanted?
(a) Because he heard the demons talking about stopping to eat.
(b) Because Don Quixote complains of hunger.
(c) Because Quixote understands that he is in a cage.
(d) Because Quixote needs to relieve himself.
5. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(b) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(c) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(d) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
2. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
3. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
4. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
5. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)