|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
(a) A dream sequence
(b) A gypsy fortune teller
(c) Silly advice from a friend
(d) Talking animals
2. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A tea kettle
(b) A mop bucket
(c) A brass barber's bowl
(d) A gravy boat
3. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
(a) The curate
(c) The innkeeper
(d) The barber from La Mancha
4. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
(a) She wants to leave and go to a Christian nation.
(b) She thinks he is the most handsome man she ever saw.
(c) Her father wants to marry her off to an old Moor gentleman.
(d) She fears being sold into slavery.
5. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His poor diet
(b) His extreme old age
(c) His vast collection of books
(d) The cheap wine he has been drinking
Short Answer Questions
1. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
2. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
3. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
4. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
5. Who are the surprise visitors to the group?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)