|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
(b) The milkmaid who marries a king.
(c) A cruel murderess.
(d) The princess of El Toboso.
2. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
(a) That the Princess Micomicona no longer has a kingdom.
(b) That the Princess Micomicona has fallen in love with Don Fernando.
(c) That the curate tells the Princess Micomicona to find another champion.
(d) That Dorothea is not Princess Micomicona.
3. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
(a) She wants to leave and go to a Christian nation.
(b) She fears being sold into slavery.
(c) Her father wants to marry her off to an old Moor gentleman.
(d) She thinks he is the most handsome man she ever saw.
4. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
(a) He overhears them speaking in his native tongue.
(b) He sees that they leave footprints when they walk.
(c) He does not believe in demons.
(d) He touches them and they feel like human bodies.
5. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
(a) Because he is right about everything he says.
(b) Because he is so articulate and convincing.
(c) Because none of it makes any sense whatsoever.
(d) Because he can talk for such a long time without stopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
2. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
3. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
4. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
5. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)