|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sancho thinks Quixote's captors are not demons at all. What is Quixote's response to that suggestion?
(a) He insists that they are demons and he and Sancho have been enchanted.
(b) He says that Sancho is so hungry he is hallucinating.
(c) He tells Sancho that they only appear to be flesh and blood.
(d) He agrees with Sancho but can do nothing.
2. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
(a) Don Quixote insists that the basin is the helmet of Mambrino.
(b) Don Quixote is convinced the basin is a basin.
(c) Don Quixote challenges the porr barber to a duel.
(d) Don Quixote pays the man for the helmet and the packsaddle.
3. What does the canon think about drama of his day?
(a) Plays are a reflection of real life and teach valuable morals.
(b) Plays are educational to those who cannot read books.
(c) The plays staged at his time are worthy of high praise.
(d) The plays that are staged nowadays are mirrors of absurdity, patterns of folly, and images of lewdness.
4. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
(a) By pretending to be a Queen driven from her country by evil giants.
(b) By reading aloud from a book of chivalry each night.
(c) By pretending to be the sister of the Lady Dulcinea.
(d) By promising to marry him if he gets her home safely.
5. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(b) The tale of two cities
(c) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(d) The tale of Robin and Marian
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
2. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
3. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
4. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
5. Why does Sancho Panza continue to insist that Don Quixote is not enchanted?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)