|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
(a) The pillows on his bed
(b) Pumpkins stacked in a corner
(c) Expensive wineskins filled with wine
(d) The inn's windmill
2. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
(a) That she is more beautiful than Lucinda.
(b) That she can lead him to Lucinda.
(c) That he cannot remember Lucinda's face.
(d) That she is the farmer's daughter Don Fernando promises to marry.
3. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
(b) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
(c) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
(d) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
4. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
(a) The goarherds laugh at him and send him away.
(b) He is set upon to see if he has money.
(c) He is welcomed, fed, entertained and medicated.
(d) The goatherds fear him because he is mad.
5. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(b) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(c) The tale of two cities
(d) The tale of Robin and Marian
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
2. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
3. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
4. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
5. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)