|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
(a) He refuses to give them any information about Don Quixote.
(b) He now believes the inn is an enchanted castle.
(c) He has forgotten to bring the letter Quixote wrote to Dulcinea.
(d) He forgets where he left Don Quixote.
2. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
(a) How Leandra became a shepardess.
(b) How his goat is the enchanted Leandra.
(c) Betrayal by a woman
(d) Unrequited love for Leandra
3. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
(b) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
(c) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
(d) A group of soldiers on military training
4. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
(a) He touches them and they feel like human bodies.
(b) He sees that they leave footprints when they walk.
(c) He does not believe in demons.
(d) He overhears them speaking in his native tongue.
5. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
(b) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
(c) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
(d) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
2. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
3. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
4. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
5. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)