|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(b) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(c) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(d) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
2. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
(a) Zoraida's father learns of her desire to go to a Christian country and helps them.
(b) She gives them enough money to ransom themselves and buy a boat.
(c) They are freed in a raid by spanish troops.
(d) They manage to rob the cruel Moor who is their master.
3. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
(a) How his goat is the enchanted Leandra.
(b) Unrequited love for Leandra
(c) How Leandra became a shepardess.
(d) Betrayal by a woman
4. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His poor diet
(b) The cheap wine he has been drinking
(c) His vast collection of books
(d) His extreme old age
5. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
(a) The goatherds fear him because he is mad.
(b) He is set upon to see if he has money.
(c) The goarherds laugh at him and send him away.
(d) He is welcomed, fed, entertained and medicated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
2. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
3. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
4. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
5. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)