|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
(a) A princess running away from a marriage she does not want.
(b) A group of laves about to be impaled.
(c) A Moorish lady who wishes to be a Christian.
(d) A woman and her children who are about to be sold as slaves.
2. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(a) Large rocks
(c) Oak trees
3. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(b) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(c) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(d) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
4. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
(b) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
(c) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
(d) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
5. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) The milkmaid who marries a king.
(b) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
(c) A cruel murderess.
(d) The princess of El Toboso.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
2. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
3. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
4. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
5. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)