|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The inn catches on fire.
(b) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(c) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(d) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
2. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) The sound of many horses
(b) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(c) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(d) A drum beating in the distance
3. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
(a) His speech is halting and not at all like that of a noble knight.
(b) He can only speak things he has read in a book.
(c) His speech sounds madder than his actions.
(d) His speech is eloquent even though he suffers from madness.
4. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
(b) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
(c) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
(d) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
5. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
(b) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
(c) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(d) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
2. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
3. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
4. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
5. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)