|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
(a) They plan to tie him up in his sleep.
(b) They send a false message saying Dulcinea bids Quixote to come to her immediately.
(c) They change all the road signs along the way.
(d) They make him believe that the giants have invaded La Mancha.
2. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
(b) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(c) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(d) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
3. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
(a) He is set upon to see if he has money.
(b) The goatherds fear him because he is mad.
(c) The goarherds laugh at him and send him away.
(d) He is welcomed, fed, entertained and medicated.
4. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
(a) The days when literature was at its peak.
(b) A time when there was money for everyone.
(c) The times when uses of metal were discovered.
(d) A simpler, more peaceful time in the age of chivalry.
5. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
(a) That she is the farmer's daughter Don Fernando promises to marry.
(b) That he cannot remember Lucinda's face.
(c) That she is more beautiful than Lucinda.
(d) That she can lead him to Lucinda.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
2. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
3. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
4. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
5. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)