|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
(b) They are about the same age, height, and build.
(c) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
(d) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
2. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
(a) That he cannot remember Lucinda's face.
(b) That she is more beautiful than Lucinda.
(c) That she is the farmer's daughter Don Fernando promises to marry.
(d) That she can lead him to Lucinda.
3. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
(a) A simpler, more peaceful time in the age of chivalry.
(b) A time when there was money for everyone.
(c) The times when uses of metal were discovered.
(d) The days when literature was at its peak.
4. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(b) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(c) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(d) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
5. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(b) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(c) The sound of many horses
(d) A drum beating in the distance
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
2. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
3. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
4. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
5. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)