|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(b) The tale of Robin and Marian
(c) The tale of two cities
(d) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
2. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
(a) That his meddling seldom has the resultsfor which he plans.
(b) That he wins people over by his great imagination.
(c) That the age of chivalry is not dead.
(d) That he is invincible when he wears his armor.
3. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
(a) The times when uses of metal were discovered.
(b) A time when there was money for everyone.
(c) A simpler, more peaceful time in the age of chivalry.
(d) The days when literature was at its peak.
4. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) His ledger book
(b) An old book of chivalry
(c) A Bible
(d) A catalogue
5. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
(b) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
(c) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
(d) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
2. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
3. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
4. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
5. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)