|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The inn catches on fire.
(b) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(c) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(d) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
2. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
(a) They are completely imaginary in Don Quixote's head.
(b) They are histerically funny adventures that see him victorious.
(c) They are his first encounters with giants he needs to slay.
(d) They are misadventures that end in disaster for Don Quixote and a boy he tries to save.
3. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
(b) They are about the same age, height, and build.
(c) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(d) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
4. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His poor diet
(b) His vast collection of books
(c) His extreme old age
(d) The cheap wine he has been drinking
5. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(b) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(c) The tale of two cities
(d) The tale of Robin and Marian
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
2. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
3. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
4. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
5. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)