|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The inn catches on fire.
(b) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(c) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(d) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
2. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(b) Money so that he can return home
(c) Wine to numb his pain
(d) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
3. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A mop bucket
(b) A tea kettle
(c) A gravy boat
(d) A brass barber's bowl
4. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
(a) They send a false message saying Dulcinea bids Quixote to come to her immediately.
(b) They plan to tie him up in his sleep.
(c) They change all the road signs along the way.
(d) They make him believe that the giants have invaded La Mancha.
5. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Robin and Marian
(b) The tale of two cities
(c) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(d) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
2. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
3. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
4. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
5. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)