|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
(b) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
(c) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
(d) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
2. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(b) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
(c) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
(d) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
3. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He starts braying like his mule.
(b) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(c) He is transformed into a knight errant.
(d) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
4. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) An old book of chivalry
(b) His ledger book
(c) A Bible
(d) A catalogue
5. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
(a) That she can lead him to Lucinda.
(b) That he cannot remember Lucinda's face.
(c) That she is the farmer's daughter Don Fernando promises to marry.
(d) That she is more beautiful than Lucinda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
2. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
3. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
4. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
5. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)