|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) The castle is enchanted.
(b) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(c) Sancho had it coming to him.
(d) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
2. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
(a) Vivaldo challenges Don Quixote to find and slay a dragon.
(b) Vivaldo suggests that the day of knights errant are long past and Don Quizxote should go home.
(c) Vivaldo says that the rules of knight errantry need to be rewritten.
(d) Instead of making their last moments in honor of their ladies, knights should instead submit themselves to God.
3. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
(b) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
(c) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
(d) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
4. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
(a) They send a false message saying Dulcinea bids Quixote to come to her immediately.
(b) They make him believe that the giants have invaded La Mancha.
(c) They change all the road signs along the way.
(d) They plan to tie him up in his sleep.
5. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
(b) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
(c) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
(d) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
2. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
3. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
4. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
5. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)