|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
(b) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
(c) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
(d) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
2. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame an enchanter.
(b) They blame the rats.
(c) They blame the curate.
(d) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
3. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(b) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(c) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(d) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
4. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From listening to children's fairy tales
(b) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
(c) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(d) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
5. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He starts braying like his mule.
(b) He is transformed into a knight errant.
(c) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(d) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
2. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
3. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
4. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
5. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)