|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His poor diet
(b) The cheap wine he has been drinking
(c) His vast collection of books
(d) His extreme old age
2. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
(a) That he wins people over by his great imagination.
(b) That his meddling seldom has the resultsfor which he plans.
(c) That he is invincible when he wears his armor.
(d) That the age of chivalry is not dead.
3. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
(a) Everyone laughs at him because he cannot defend himself.
(b) Now no one wants to hire him because they say he has a knight protecting him.
(c) He is punished even worse after Don Quixote rides away.
(d) He doesn't want to be any further indebted to the knight errant.
4. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
(a) To buy provisions for a long camp out in the mountains
(b) To return to the inn he believes is an enchanted castle
(c) To find the half naked man
(d) To see the lady Dulcinea
5. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(b) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(c) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(d) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
2. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
3. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
4. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
5. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)