|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
(b) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
(c) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
(d) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
2. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(b) A drum beating in the distance
(c) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(d) The sound of many horses
3. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(b) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
(c) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(d) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
4. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
(a) The times when uses of metal were discovered.
(b) A time when there was money for everyone.
(c) The days when literature was at its peak.
(d) A simpler, more peaceful time in the age of chivalry.
5. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His poor diet
(b) His extreme old age
(c) His vast collection of books
(d) The cheap wine he has been drinking
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
2. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
3. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
4. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
5. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)