|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From listening to children's fairy tales
(b) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(c) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(d) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
2. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
(b) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
(c) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
(d) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
3. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) A catalogue
(b) A Bible
(c) An old book of chivalry
(d) His ledger book
4. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(b) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(c) The sound of many horses
(d) A drum beating in the distance
5. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(b) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(c) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(d) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
2. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
3. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
4. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
5. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)