|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
(a) The real things Don Quixote does.
(b) Sancho begins to see castles too.
(c) The promise of an island to rule
(d) Quixote's balm which can cure anything
2. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Robin and Marian
(b) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(c) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(d) The tale of two cities
3. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
(b) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
(c) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
(d) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
4. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
(a) Sancho Panza
(c) The barber
5. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
(a) They plan to tie him up in his sleep.
(b) They change all the road signs along the way.
(c) They make him believe that the giants have invaded La Mancha.
(d) They send a false message saying Dulcinea bids Quixote to come to her immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
2. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
3. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
4. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
5. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)