|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(b) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
(c) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
(d) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
2. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
(a) Quixote's balm which can cure anything
(b) The real things Don Quixote does.
(c) The promise of an island to rule
(d) Sancho begins to see castles too.
3. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
(a) To return to the inn he believes is an enchanted castle
(b) To buy provisions for a long camp out in the mountains
(c) To see the lady Dulcinea
(d) To find the half naked man
4. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(b) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(c) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(d) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
5. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
(b) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
(c) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(d) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
2. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
3. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
4. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
5. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)