|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(b) The tale of two cities
(c) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(d) The tale of Robin and Marian
2. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame an enchanter.
(b) They blame the rats.
(c) They blame the curate.
(d) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
3. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
(b) The barber
(c) Sancho Panza
4. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
(a) That she can lead him to Lucinda.
(b) That she is more beautiful than Lucinda.
(c) That she is the farmer's daughter Don Fernando promises to marry.
(d) That he cannot remember Lucinda's face.
5. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(b) Sancho had it coming to him.
(c) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(d) The castle is enchanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
2. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
3. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
4. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
5. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)