|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
(a) A simpler, more peaceful time in the age of chivalry.
(b) The days when literature was at its peak.
(c) A time when there was money for everyone.
(d) The times when uses of metal were discovered.
2. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(b) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(c) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(d) The inn catches on fire.
3. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
(a) They are his first encounters with giants he needs to slay.
(b) They are histerically funny adventures that see him victorious.
(c) They are completely imaginary in Don Quixote's head.
(d) They are misadventures that end in disaster for Don Quixote and a boy he tries to save.
4. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
(a) They plan to tie him up in his sleep.
(b) They make him believe that the giants have invaded La Mancha.
(c) They send a false message saying Dulcinea bids Quixote to come to her immediately.
(d) They change all the road signs along the way.
5. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A brass barber's bowl
(b) A mop bucket
(c) A gravy boat
(d) A tea kettle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
2. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
3. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
4. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
5. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)