|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
(a) That she is more beautiful than Lucinda.
(b) That she is the farmer's daughter Don Fernando promises to marry.
(c) That she can lead him to Lucinda.
(d) That he cannot remember Lucinda's face.
2. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(b) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(c) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(d) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
3. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) A Bible
(b) An old book of chivalry
(c) A catalogue
(d) His ledger book
4. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(b) Money so that he can return home
(c) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(d) Wine to numb his pain
5. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
(b) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
(c) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
(d) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
2. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
3. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
4. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
5. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)