|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
(b) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
(c) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
(d) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
2. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(b) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(c) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(d) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
3. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
(a) The real things Don Quixote does.
(b) Sancho begins to see castles too.
(c) The promise of an island to rule
(d) Quixote's balm which can cure anything
4. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
(b) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(c) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(d) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
5. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(b) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(c) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(d) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Quixote send Sancho Panza on a mission?
2. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
3. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
4. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
5. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)