|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A mop bucket
(b) A gravy boat
(c) A brass barber's bowl
(d) A tea kettle
2. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
(a) Vivaldo says that the rules of knight errantry need to be rewritten.
(b) Vivaldo challenges Don Quixote to find and slay a dragon.
(c) Instead of making their last moments in honor of their ladies, knights should instead submit themselves to God.
(d) Vivaldo suggests that the day of knights errant are long past and Don Quizxote should go home.
3. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(a) Large rocks
(c) Oak trees
4. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) The castle is enchanted.
(b) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(c) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(d) Sancho had it coming to him.
5. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
(a) That she is the farmer's daughter Don Fernando promises to marry.
(b) That he cannot remember Lucinda's face.
(c) That she is more beautiful than Lucinda.
(d) That she can lead him to Lucinda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
2. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
3. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
4. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
5. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)