|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) A cruel murderess.
(b) The milkmaid who marries a king.
(c) The princess of El Toboso.
(d) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
2. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(b) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(c) They think there are many men attacking them.
(d) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
3. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
(a) Arthur and Lancelot
(b) Peter and Paul
(c) Valiant and Gawain
(d) Amadis and Orlando
4. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
(b) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(c) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
(d) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
5. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
(a) He refuses to give them any information about Don Quixote.
(b) He now believes the inn is an enchanted castle.
(c) He forgets where he left Don Quixote.
(d) He has forgotten to bring the letter Quixote wrote to Dulcinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
2. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
3. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
4. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
5. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)