|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
(a) Talking animals
(b) A gypsy fortune teller
(c) A dream sequence
(d) Silly advice from a friend
2. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(b) A drum beating in the distance
(c) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(d) The sound of many horses
3. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
(a) Vivaldo says that the rules of knight errantry need to be rewritten.
(b) Instead of making their last moments in honor of their ladies, knights should instead submit themselves to God.
(c) Vivaldo challenges Don Quixote to find and slay a dragon.
(d) Vivaldo suggests that the day of knights errant are long past and Don Quizxote should go home.
4. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
(a) They make him believe that the giants have invaded La Mancha.
(b) They plan to tie him up in his sleep.
(c) They change all the road signs along the way.
(d) They send a false message saying Dulcinea bids Quixote to come to her immediately.
5. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
(b) The princess of El Toboso.
(c) A cruel murderess.
(d) The milkmaid who marries a king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
2. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
3. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
4. Which two of Quixote's chivalric heroes inspire him to do a penance in the mountain?
5. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)