|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
(a) That she is more beautiful than Lucinda.
(b) That she is the farmer's daughter Don Fernando promises to marry.
(c) That he cannot remember Lucinda's face.
(d) That she can lead him to Lucinda.
2. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
(a) They are histerically funny adventures that see him victorious.
(b) They are misadventures that end in disaster for Don Quixote and a boy he tries to save.
(c) They are his first encounters with giants he needs to slay.
(d) They are completely imaginary in Don Quixote's head.
3. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
(a) From the innkeeper he imagines as Lord of a great castle
(b) From the prostitutes he imagines as great ladies
(c) From a passing knight errant
(d) From Dulcinea del Toboso
4. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(b) Money so that he can return home
(c) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(d) Wine to numb his pain
5. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
(b) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
(c) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(d) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
2. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
3. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
4. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
5. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)