|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dorothea tells her story, what does Cardenio suddenly realize?
(a) That she can lead him to Lucinda.
(b) That he cannot remember Lucinda's face.
(c) That she is more beautiful than Lucinda.
(d) That she is the farmer's daughter Don Fernando promises to marry.
2. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
(a) He now believes the inn is an enchanted castle.
(b) He refuses to give them any information about Don Quixote.
(c) He has forgotten to bring the letter Quixote wrote to Dulcinea.
(d) He forgets where he left Don Quixote.
3. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
(b) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(c) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(d) From listening to children's fairy tales
4. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(b) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(c) They think there are many men attacking them.
(d) They cannot see well in the darkness.
5. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(b) Money so that he can return home
(c) Wine to numb his pain
(d) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
2. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
3. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
4. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
5. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)