|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From listening to children's fairy tales
(b) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(c) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
(d) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
2. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(b) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
(c) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
(d) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
3. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(b) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(c) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(d) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
4. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
(a) He is set upon to see if he has money.
(b) The goarherds laugh at him and send him away.
(c) The goatherds fear him because he is mad.
(d) He is welcomed, fed, entertained and medicated.
5. How do the curate and the barber plan to get Quixote to return with them to La Mancha?
(a) They make him believe that the giants have invaded La Mancha.
(b) They plan to tie him up in his sleep.
(c) They change all the road signs along the way.
(d) They send a false message saying Dulcinea bids Quixote to come to her immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
2. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
3. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
4. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
5. How does Dorothea get Don Quixote to leave the mountain and travel with her, the curate, the barber, Sancho and Cardenio?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)