|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
(a) A gypsy fortune teller
(b) Silly advice from a friend
(c) Talking animals
(d) A dream sequence
2. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
(a) Sancho Panza
(c) The barber
3. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(b) Sancho had it coming to him.
(c) The castle is enchanted.
(d) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
4. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(b) The inn catches on fire.
(c) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(d) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
5. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) The sound of many horses
(b) A drum beating in the distance
(c) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(d) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
2. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
3. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
4. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
5. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)