|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
(a) Sancho begins to see castles too.
(b) The promise of an island to rule
(c) Quixote's balm which can cure anything
(d) The real things Don Quixote does.
2. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) An old book of chivalry
(b) A Bible
(c) His ledger book
(d) A catalogue
3. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
(a) The barber
(b) Sancho Panza
4. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
(a) The inn where they stayed before
(b) The Sierra Morena mountains
(c) The fulling mills
(d) Back in La Mancha
5. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(b) From listening to children's fairy tales
(c) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
(d) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
2. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
3. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
4. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
5. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)