|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
(b) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
(c) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
(d) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
2. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(b) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(c) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(d) They think there are many men attacking them.
3. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A mop bucket
(b) A gravy boat
(c) A brass barber's bowl
(d) A tea kettle
4. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(c) Large rocks
(d) Oak trees
5. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) The princess of El Toboso.
(b) The milkmaid who marries a king.
(c) A cruel murderess.
(d) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
2. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
3. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
4. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
5. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)