|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(b) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(c) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(d) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
2. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
(a) The fulling mills
(b) Back in La Mancha
(c) The Sierra Morena mountains
(d) The inn where they stayed before
3. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
(a) Silly advice from a friend
(b) A dream sequence
(c) Talking animals
(d) A gypsy fortune teller
4. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) The sound of many horses
(b) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(c) A drum beating in the distance
(d) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
5. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(a) Large rocks
(c) Oak trees
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
2. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
3. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
4. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
5. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)