|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(b) Oak trees
(d) Large rocks
2. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
(b) A group of soldiers on military training
(c) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
(d) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
3. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(b) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
(c) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(d) From listening to children's fairy tales
4. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
(a) A dream sequence
(b) Talking animals
(c) Silly advice from a friend
(d) A gypsy fortune teller
5. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
(a) He is welcomed, fed, entertained and medicated.
(b) The goatherds fear him because he is mad.
(c) The goarherds laugh at him and send him away.
(d) He is set upon to see if he has money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
2. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
3. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
4. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
5. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)