|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
(a) From the prostitutes he imagines as great ladies
(b) From Dulcinea del Toboso
(c) From a passing knight errant
(d) From the innkeeper he imagines as Lord of a great castle
2. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(b) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(c) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(d) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
3. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
(a) The days when literature was at its peak.
(b) The times when uses of metal were discovered.
(c) A simpler, more peaceful time in the age of chivalry.
(d) A time when there was money for everyone.
4. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He starts braying like his mule.
(b) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
(c) He is transformed into a knight errant.
(d) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
5. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
(b) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
(c) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
(d) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
2. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
3. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
4. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
5. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)