|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(c) Large rocks
(d) Oak trees
2. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
(a) Quixote's balm which can cure anything
(b) Sancho begins to see castles too.
(c) The promise of an island to rule
(d) The real things Don Quixote does.
3. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
(b) They blame the curate.
(c) They blame an enchanter.
(d) They blame the rats.
4. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
(b) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(c) From listening to children's fairy tales
(d) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
5. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(b) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(c) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(d) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
2. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
3. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
4. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
5. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)