|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
(a) The goatherds fear him because he is mad.
(b) He is set upon to see if he has money.
(c) The goarherds laugh at him and send him away.
(d) He is welcomed, fed, entertained and medicated.
2. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
(b) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(c) From listening to children's fairy tales
(d) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
3. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) The milkmaid who marries a king.
(b) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
(c) A cruel murderess.
(d) The princess of El Toboso.
4. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(b) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(c) Sancho had it coming to him.
(d) The castle is enchanted.
5. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
(b) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
(c) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
(d) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
2. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
3. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
4. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
5. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)