|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame the rats.
(b) They blame the curate.
(c) They blame an enchanter.
(d) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
2. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
(a) The real things Don Quixote does.
(b) Quixote's balm which can cure anything
(c) The promise of an island to rule
(d) Sancho begins to see castles too.
3. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
(b) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
(c) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(d) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
4. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
(a) A simpler, more peaceful time in the age of chivalry.
(b) A time when there was money for everyone.
(c) The days when literature was at its peak.
(d) The times when uses of metal were discovered.
5. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(b) They think there are many men attacking them.
(c) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(d) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
2. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
3. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
4. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
5. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)