|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(b) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(c) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(d) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
2. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
(b) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(c) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
(d) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
3. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame the rats.
(b) They blame an enchanter.
(c) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
(d) They blame the curate.
4. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
(a) Vivaldo challenges Don Quixote to find and slay a dragon.
(b) Vivaldo says that the rules of knight errantry need to be rewritten.
(c) Instead of making their last moments in honor of their ladies, knights should instead submit themselves to God.
(d) Vivaldo suggests that the day of knights errant are long past and Don Quizxote should go home.
5. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(b) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(c) From listening to children's fairy tales
(d) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
2. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
3. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
4. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
5. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)