|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
(a) The days when literature was at its peak.
(b) A time when there was money for everyone.
(c) The times when uses of metal were discovered.
(d) A simpler, more peaceful time in the age of chivalry.
2. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
(a) Vivaldo suggests that the day of knights errant are long past and Don Quizxote should go home.
(b) Vivaldo challenges Don Quixote to find and slay a dragon.
(c) Instead of making their last moments in honor of their ladies, knights should instead submit themselves to God.
(d) Vivaldo says that the rules of knight errantry need to be rewritten.
3. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
(a) They are misadventures that end in disaster for Don Quixote and a boy he tries to save.
(b) They are histerically funny adventures that see him victorious.
(c) They are completely imaginary in Don Quixote's head.
(d) They are his first encounters with giants he needs to slay.
4. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(b) The inn catches on fire.
(c) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(d) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
5. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
(a) Sancho begins to see castles too.
(b) Quixote's balm which can cure anything
(c) The real things Don Quixote does.
(d) The promise of an island to rule
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
2. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
3. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
4. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
5. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)