|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
(b) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
(c) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
(d) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
2. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame an enchanter.
(b) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
(c) They blame the curate.
(d) They blame the rats.
3. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
(a) A gypsy fortune teller
(b) A dream sequence
(c) Talking animals
(d) Silly advice from a friend
4. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(c) Oak trees
(d) Large rocks
5. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(b) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(c) They think there are many men attacking them.
(d) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
2. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
3. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
4. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
5. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)