|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
(b) From listening to children's fairy tales
(c) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(d) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
2. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
(a) A simpler, more peaceful time in the age of chivalry.
(b) A time when there was money for everyone.
(c) The days when literature was at its peak.
(d) The times when uses of metal were discovered.
3. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(b) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(c) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(d) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
4. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(b) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(c) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
(d) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
5. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Money so that he can return home
(b) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(c) Wine to numb his pain
(d) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
2. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
3. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
4. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
5. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)