|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
(b) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(c) He is transformed into a knight errant.
(d) He starts braying like his mule.
2. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) Sancho had it coming to him.
(b) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(c) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(d) The castle is enchanted.
3. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(b) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(c) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(d) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
4. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) A catalogue
(b) A Bible
(c) An old book of chivalry
(d) His ledger book
5. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(b) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(c) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(d) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
2. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
3. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
4. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
5. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)