|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
(b) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(c) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
(d) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
2. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His extreme old age
(b) His vast collection of books
(c) The cheap wine he has been drinking
(d) His poor diet
3. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Wine to numb his pain
(b) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(c) Money so that he can return home
(d) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
4. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
(a) Sancho begins to see castles too.
(b) The real things Don Quixote does.
(c) Quixote's balm which can cure anything
(d) The promise of an island to rule
5. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(b) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(c) The sound of many horses
(d) A drum beating in the distance
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
2. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
3. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
4. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
5. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)