|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
(a) From the natural deteriorization of old age dementia
(b) From reading books and poems involving knights, chivalry,and adventure
(c) From listening to children's fairy tales
(d) From a blow to his head when he falls off his horse
2. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
(b) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(c) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
(d) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
3. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
(a) They are misadventures that end in disaster for Don Quixote and a boy he tries to save.
(b) They are completely imaginary in Don Quixote's head.
(c) They are histerically funny adventures that see him victorious.
(d) They are his first encounters with giants he needs to slay.
4. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) Sancho had it coming to him.
(b) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(c) The castle is enchanted.
(d) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
5. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
(b) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(c) He starts braying like his mule.
(d) He is transformed into a knight errant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
2. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
3. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
4. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
5. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)