|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
(a) The inn where they stayed before
(b) The Sierra Morena mountains
(c) Back in La Mancha
(d) The fulling mills
2. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) The milkmaid who marries a king.
(b) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
(c) A cruel murderess.
(d) The princess of El Toboso.
3. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
(b) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
(c) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
(d) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
4. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) An old book of chivalry
(b) His ledger book
(c) A Bible
(d) A catalogue
5. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(b) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(c) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(d) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
2. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
3. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
4. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
5. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)