|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
(a) That his meddling seldom has the resultsfor which he plans.
(b) That he is invincible when he wears his armor.
(c) That the age of chivalry is not dead.
(d) That he wins people over by his great imagination.
2. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) The milkmaid who marries a king.
(b) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
(c) The princess of El Toboso.
(d) A cruel murderess.
3. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
(a) Vivaldo suggests that the day of knights errant are long past and Don Quizxote should go home.
(b) Vivaldo challenges Don Quixote to find and slay a dragon.
(c) Instead of making their last moments in honor of their ladies, knights should instead submit themselves to God.
(d) Vivaldo says that the rules of knight errantry need to be rewritten.
4. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(b) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
(c) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
(d) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
5. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
(b) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(c) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
(d) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
2. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
3. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
4. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
5. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)