|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
(a) They are completely imaginary in Don Quixote's head.
(b) They are misadventures that end in disaster for Don Quixote and a boy he tries to save.
(c) They are histerically funny adventures that see him victorious.
(d) They are his first encounters with giants he needs to slay.
2. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(b) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(c) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
(d) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
3. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A mop bucket
(b) A brass barber's bowl
(c) A gravy boat
(d) A tea kettle
4. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
(a) Sancho begins to see castles too.
(b) Quixote's balm which can cure anything
(c) The promise of an island to rule
(d) The real things Don Quixote does.
5. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(b) He starts braying like his mule.
(c) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
(d) He is transformed into a knight errant.
Short Answer Questions
1. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
2. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
3. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
4. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
5. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)