|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
(a) A catalogue
(b) A Bible
(c) An old book of chivalry
(d) His ledger book
2. These early adventures of Don Quixote establish what theme that runs throughout the novel?
(a) That his meddling seldom has the resultsfor which he plans.
(b) That the age of chivalry is not dead.
(c) That he is invincible when he wears his armor.
(d) That he wins people over by his great imagination.
3. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(b) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(c) Wine to numb his pain
(d) Money so that he can return home
4. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(b) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(c) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(d) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
5. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
(a) From the prostitutes he imagines as great ladies
(b) From the innkeeper he imagines as Lord of a great castle
(c) From a passing knight errant
(d) From Dulcinea del Toboso
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
2. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
3. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
4. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
5. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)