|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
(a) They are completely imaginary in Don Quixote's head.
(b) They are misadventures that end in disaster for Don Quixote and a boy he tries to save.
(c) They are his first encounters with giants he needs to slay.
(d) They are histerically funny adventures that see him victorious.
2. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
(b) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
(c) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
(d) A group of soldiers on military training
3. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
(a) The real things Don Quixote does.
(b) The promise of an island to rule
(c) Quixote's balm which can cure anything
(d) Sancho begins to see castles too.
4. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
(b) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(c) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
(d) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
5. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
(a) From Dulcinea del Toboso
(b) From a passing knight errant
(c) From the prostitutes he imagines as great ladies
(d) From the innkeeper he imagines as Lord of a great castle
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
2. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
3. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
4. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
5. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)