|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
(a) The daughter of a wealthy man who begins acting as a shepherdess.
(b) A cruel murderess.
(c) The milkmaid who marries a king.
(d) The princess of El Toboso.
2. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
(a) Vivaldo suggests that the day of knights errant are long past and Don Quizxote should go home.
(b) Vivaldo says that the rules of knight errantry need to be rewritten.
(c) Instead of making their last moments in honor of their ladies, knights should instead submit themselves to God.
(d) Vivaldo challenges Don Quixote to find and slay a dragon.
3. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(b) Oak trees
(c) Large rocks
4. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame an enchanter.
(b) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
(c) They blame the curate.
(d) They blame the rats.
5. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Wine to numb his pain
(b) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(c) Money so that he can return home
(d) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
2. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
3. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
4. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
5. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)