|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
(a) A dream sequence
(b) Silly advice from a friend
(c) Talking animals
(d) A gypsy fortune teller
2. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They think there are many men attacking them.
(b) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(c) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(d) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
3. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) The sound of many horses
(b) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(c) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(d) A drum beating in the distance
4. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A mop bucket
(b) A gravy boat
(c) A brass barber's bowl
(d) A tea kettle
5. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
(b) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
(c) A group of soldiers on military training
(d) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
2. How can the first of Don Quixote's adventures be described?
3. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
4. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
5. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)