|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They think there are many men attacking them.
(b) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(c) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(d) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
2. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(b) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(c) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(d) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
3. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) The sound of many horses
(b) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(c) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(d) A drum beating in the distance
4. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(b) Sancho had it coming to him.
(c) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(d) The castle is enchanted.
5. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
(b) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
(c) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(d) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
2. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
3. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
4. In the goatherd's tale, who is Marcella?
5. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)