|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
(b) They blame the curate.
(c) They blame an enchanter.
(d) They blame the rats.
2. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
(a) From the innkeeper he imagines as Lord of a great castle
(b) From the prostitutes he imagines as great ladies
(c) From a passing knight errant
(d) From Dulcinea del Toboso
3. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) The cheap wine he has been drinking
(b) His poor diet
(c) His vast collection of books
(d) His extreme old age
4. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
(a) She has warned Chrysostom to leave her alone and find another girl.
(b) Her beauty does not obligate her to love those who love her for it.
(c) She knows nothing of Chrysostom's fixation on her.
(d) She does not know how a nobleman can waste away for a shepherdess.
5. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
(b) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
(c) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
(d) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What device does Cervantes use to introduce the comedic nature of Don Quixote?
2. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
3. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
4. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
5. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)