|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 67 | Part 2, Chapter 68 | Part 2, Chapter 69 | Part 2, Chapter 70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
(a) He realizes that Don Quixote is penniless and cannot pay.
(b) He thinks about the isle he will one day reign over.
(c) Don Quixote seems ready to accept Sampson as his squire.
(d) The curate promises to pay Sancho to go with him as a protection.
2. When Sancho tells his wife, Teresa, that he is going again with Don Quixote, what advice does Teresa give?
(a) That he should break his leg and get out of going with the madman.
(b) That this time he will surely die.
(c) That he must come home with another 100 crowns or not come home at all.
(d) To remain in his own station and not think of governorships.
3. While staying at the castle of the Duke and Duchess, what does Sancho do every time he gets frightened?
(a) He jumps behind Don Quixote.
(b) He crawls under a table.
(c) He pretends to be the Duke's valet.
(d) He hides in the Duchess' skirts.
4. Where are Quixote and Sancho taken by the ten horsemen?
(a) To La Mancha
(b) To the galleys
(c) Back to the castle of the Duke and Duchess
(d) To the inn that Quixote thinks is a castle
5. How does Cervantes work yet another side plot into his story at the point of boarding the ships?
(a) He tells the tale of a Christian woman who is captain of a pirate ship.
(b) He te;;s about drunken Turks who abduct a beautiful Christian woman.
(c) He writes about a woman who dresses as a man to find her lover.
(d) He tells about a love affair that goes terribly wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What humiliation awaits Don Quixote at the castle?
2. Why does Teresa fear for Sancho suddenly becoming rich?
3. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
4. Who else does Quixote insist he sees inside the cave?
5. With what does Don Quixote accidentally crown himself when he puts on his helmet?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)