|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 47 | Part 2, Chapter 48 | Part 2, Chapter 49 | Part 2, Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
(a) How Leandra became a shepardess.
(b) Unrequited love for Leandra
(c) How his goat is the enchanted Leandra.
(d) Betrayal by a woman
2. Why does Sancho Panza continue to insist that Don Quixote is not enchanted?
(a) Because Quixote needs to relieve himself.
(b) Because he heard the demons talking about stopping to eat.
(c) Because Don Quixote complains of hunger.
(d) Because Quixote understands that he is in a cage.
3. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
(a) The cathedral at Madrid
(b) The enchanted castle
(c) The cave of Montesinos
(d) Back to La Mancha
4. Back in the castle what happens with Quixote and Dona Rodriguez?
(a) She brings many distasteful things for him to eat.
(b) He begins to think she is not a bad person after all.
(c) Quixote keeps his head under the sheets so the Dona will not see his wounds.
(d) The lights go out and they are slapped and pinched in the darkness.
5. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
(a) I pretend my right hand is paralyzed so I have to use my left hand.
(b) Lions will never sleep with lambs.
(c) We are all the same when we sleep.
(d) Anybody can be a governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
2. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
3. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
4. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
5. What argument does the niece use to try and get her uncle to stay home?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)