Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 31 | Part 2, Chapter 32 | Part 2, Chapter 33 | Part 2, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
(a) Sancho Panza who has not paid his taxes to the crown.
(b) Don Quixote who is wanted by the king.
(c) The Captive Captain who had a bounty on his head.
(d) Don Luis, the boy who is following Clara.
2. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
(b) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(c) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(d) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
3. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
(a) He tells Quixote that Dulcinea has been enchanted and will only be seen as a peasant girl.
(b) He says that the Lady Dulcinea is currently in a convent preparing for her marriage to Quixote.
(c) He says that the Lady Dulcinea's father has locked her away in a tower somewhere in the north.
(d) He tells Quixote that the Lady Dulcinea has left the village and gone to the inn to look for him.
4. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
(a) The Duchess is thrilled that the eccliastic show Sancho up.
(b) The eccliastic takes notes for a sermon.
(c) The Duke considers that Sancho might make a good governor.
(d) Quixote rebukes Sancho again for his provencial speech.
5. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
(a) They tell Sancho that he has a lot to learn about braying.
(b) They give Sancho the braying trophy.
(c) They think he is mocking them and they stone Sancho and Don Quixote.
(d) They make Sancho their mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a scheme to poke fun at Don Quixote and Sancho, who makes an appearance?
2. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
3. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
4. What do the curate and the barber try to avoid when they go to visit Quixote at home?
5. Why is the canon so amazed at Don Quixote's speech?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)