Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 48 | Part 1, Chapter 49 | Part 1, Chapter 50 | Part 1, Chapter 51.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
(b) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
(c) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
(d) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
2. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
(b) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
(c) A group of soldiers on military training
(d) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
3. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
(b) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
(c) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
(d) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
4. Why does Sancho Panza continue to insist that Don Quixote is not enchanted?
(a) Because Quixote understands that he is in a cage.
(b) Because he heard the demons talking about stopping to eat.
(c) Because Don Quixote complains of hunger.
(d) Because Quixote needs to relieve himself.
5. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
(a) The curate
(b) The innkeeper
(c) The barber from La Mancha
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gist of the goatherd's tale?
2. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
3. What does the innkeeper use as a holy book of heraldry in the knighthood ceremony?
4. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
5. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)