|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 30 | Part 1, Chapter 31 | Part 1, Chapter 32 | Part 1, Chapter 33 | Part 1, Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(b) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(c) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(d) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
2. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
(b) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(c) They are about the same age, height, and build.
(d) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
3. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A tea kettle
(b) A mop bucket
(c) A brass barber's bowl
(d) A gravy boat
4. What is the challenge to knight errantry presented to Don Quixote by Vivaldo?
(a) Vivaldo says that the rules of knight errantry need to be rewritten.
(b) Instead of making their last moments in honor of their ladies, knights should instead submit themselves to God.
(c) Vivaldo challenges Don Quixote to find and slay a dragon.
(d) Vivaldo suggests that the day of knights errant are long past and Don Quizxote should go home.
5. What shows Sancho Panza's simple mind as he meets up with the barber and the curate at the inn?
(a) He refuses to give them any information about Don Quixote.
(b) He forgets where he left Don Quixote.
(c) He has forgotten to bring the letter Quixote wrote to Dulcinea.
(d) He now believes the inn is an enchanted castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
2. What is Marcela's argument that she is not responsible for the death of Chrysostom?
3. How does Don Quixote receive his knighthood?
4. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
5. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)