Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 20 | Part 1, Chapter 21 | Part 1, Chapter 22 | Part 1, Chapter 23 | Part 1, Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the imagery of the Golden Age represent to Don Quixote?
(a) The times when uses of metal were discovered.
(b) A simpler, more peaceful time in the age of chivalry.
(c) A time when there was money for everyone.
(d) The days when literature was at its peak.
2. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
(b) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
(c) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(d) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
3. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(b) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(c) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(d) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
4. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(c) Oak trees
(d) Large rocks
5. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The inn catches on fire.
(b) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(c) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(d) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
2. What constantly overcomes Sancho Panza's skepticism about Don Quixote?
3. How does the protagonist slip into the fantasy world of Don Quixote de la Mancha?
4. What kind of reception does Don Quixote receive from the goatherds?
5. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)