|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame an enchanter.
(b) They blame the curate.
(c) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
(d) They blame the rats.
2. What does Quixote do when Sancho must leave to assume his governorship?
(a) He gets angry that he cannot go, too.
(b) He starts looking for another squire.
(c) He pays Sancho his back wages.
(d) He gives him good advice for ruling.
3. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
(a) He says that the Lady Dulcinea is currently in a convent preparing for her marriage to Quixote.
(b) He says that the Lady Dulcinea's father has locked her away in a tower somewhere in the north.
(c) He tells Quixote that Dulcinea has been enchanted and will only be seen as a peasant girl.
(d) He tells Quixote that the Lady Dulcinea has left the village and gone to the inn to look for him.
4. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
(a) Her father wants to marry her off to an old Moor gentleman.
(b) She fears being sold into slavery.
(c) She wants to leave and go to a Christian nation.
(d) She thinks he is the most handsome man she ever saw.
5. How does Don Quixote interpret the penitents and their effigy of the Virgin?
(a) He thinks they have come to set him free of enchantment.
(b) He sees them as criminals who have kidnapped a Lady.
(c) He thinks they are ghosts.
(d) He sees them as holy men on the way to Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
2. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
3. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
4. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
5. What comes back to Sancho from his behavior toward Don Quixote?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)