|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the wooden horse arrives, why are Quixote and Sancho blindfolded?
(a) They are told they must do that for the horse to fly.
(b) They have to get their eyes ready to see the giant in his dark castle.
(c) They cannot see where the giant's hideout is.
(d) They might get airsick if they could see and look down.
2. What happens when Don Quixote, moved by Eugenio's tale, volunteers to rescue his love and restore her to him?
(a) Eugenio begs to go with Don Quixote to rescue Leandra.
(b) Eugenio falls at his feet with tears in his eyes.
(c) They fight when Eugenio suggests that Don Quixote is out of his mind.
(d) Eugenio says it is too late because Leandra is dead.
3. What is Cervantes' complaint in the prologue to the second part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
(a) That he has made no money off of the first part already in circulation.
(b) That the first part is really enough except for the public demand for more.
(c) That he is being forced to write a second part to satisfy royalty.
(d) That some writer had written a second part plagirizing the character of Don Quixote.
4. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
(a) The substitute was paid a great deal of money.
(b) The substitute could be easily beaten.
(c) The actual man was a relative of the Duke's.
(d) The actual man had run away to avoid becoming the son-in-law of the Duenna.
5. Why were the Duke and Duchess eager to meet Don Quixote and Sancho?
(a) They are bored and want a diversion.
(b) They think Quixote is a real knight.
(c) They are madder than Don Quixote.
(d) They had read about them in the First Volume.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
2. What happens to the boat Sancho and Quixote expropriate on the river?
3. What is a goal of Sancho as he assumes his governorship of his island?
4. After the stoning, Sancho Panza makes what demand on Don Quixote?
5. How does Don Quixote interpret the penitents and their effigy of the Virgin?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)