|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(b) Oak trees
(c) Large rocks
2. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
(a) The curate promises to pay Sancho to go with him as a protection.
(b) He realizes that Don Quixote is penniless and cannot pay.
(c) He thinks about the isle he will one day reign over.
(d) Don Quixote seems ready to accept Sampson as his squire.
3. During the visit of the curate and the barber, why is there a commotion outside Don Quixote's door?
(a) The village people have come, uspet about the latest book.
(b) The women are trying to prevent Sancho Panza from entering.
(c) Don Quixote's horse has come into the house.
(d) The innkeeper has come to try and collect his money.
4. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
(b) He says that he has never read one of them.
(c) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(d) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
5. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
(a) He avenges the peasants.
(b) He champions Basilio.
(c) He helps Quiteria escape.
(d) He teaches the students about knighthood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
2. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
3. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
4. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
5. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)