|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(b) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
(c) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
(d) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
2. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He is transformed into a knight errant.
(b) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
(c) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(d) He starts braying like his mule.
3. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
(a) To the stable to check on Dapple
(b) To the moat to take a swim
(c) To hold a conversation with the Duchess
(d) With the servants to play games
4. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
(a) The closeness of Dapple and Rozinante
(b) The common belief in enchantment
(c) The sun and the moon
(d) The Knight of the Wood and his squire
5. How does Cervantes plan to see that no further writing is done regarding Don Quixote de La Mancha?
(a) By getting a legal restraining order.
(b) By writing the rest of the books in code.
(c) By allowing only a select few people to see his work.
(d) By seeing him dead and buried at the end of Part Two.
Short Answer Questions
1. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
2. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
3. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
4. When the wooden horse arrives, why are Quixote and Sancho blindfolded?
5. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)