|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
(a) He pays him with enchanted money that Sancho cannot see.
(b) He fires him and starts looking for a replacement.
(c) He turns it around and gets Sancho to pay him a monthly wage.
(d) He says he never read anything like that in his books about knight errantry.
2. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
(a) In poverty
(b) Without armor
(c) In love
(d) Very old
3. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
(b) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(c) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(d) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
4. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The inn catches on fire.
(b) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(c) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(d) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
5. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
(b) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(c) He starts braying like his mule.
(d) He is transformed into a knight errant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the wooden horse arrives, why are Quixote and Sancho blindfolded?
2. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
3. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
4. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
5. Why do Don Quixote and Sancho believe the outlandish tale?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)