|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Don Quixote and the Duke do that involves the Duenna?
(a) They write unsigned love letters to her.
(b) They accept the challenge to help her daughter.
(c) They decide to play a good trick on her.
(d) They plan to repay her for all the tricks she has played on Quixote.
2. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
(c) The barber
(d) Sancho Panza
3. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
(b) They blame the rats.
(c) They blame the curate.
(d) They blame an enchanter.
4. What does Quixote do when Sancho must leave to assume his governorship?
(a) He pays Sancho his back wages.
(b) He starts looking for another squire.
(c) He gives him good advice for ruling.
(d) He gets angry that he cannot go, too.
5. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(b) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
(c) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(d) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
2. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
3. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
4. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
5. Why is a substitute used for the man who had been challenged to a duel?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)