|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
(a) Don Quixote thinks they are the king and his court.
(b) Don Quixote thinks they are emmisaries from the Lady Dulcinea.
(c) One actor plays a trick that causes Rozinante to throw Don Quixote.
(d) Don Quixote asks them for money to support a knight errant.
2. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(b) He says that he has never read one of them.
(c) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
(d) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
3. What is the significance of Ricote in the the story?
(a) It show how people who know the joke can believe Sancho as a governor.
(b) It takes up a few pages in the story.
(c) It makes a transition for Sancho back into regular life.
(d) It points out the religious persecution of the day.
4. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
(b) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(c) He starts braying like his mule.
(d) He is transformed into a knight errant.
5. Back in the castle what happens with Quixote and Dona Rodriguez?
(a) He begins to think she is not a bad person after all.
(b) The lights go out and they are slapped and pinched in the darkness.
(c) Quixote keeps his head under the sheets so the Dona will not see his wounds.
(d) She brings many distasteful things for him to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
2. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
3. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
4. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
5. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)