|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
(a) He tells Quixote that the Lady Dulcinea has left the village and gone to the inn to look for him.
(b) He says that the Lady Dulcinea is currently in a convent preparing for her marriage to Quixote.
(c) He tells Quixote that Dulcinea has been enchanted and will only be seen as a peasant girl.
(d) He says that the Lady Dulcinea's father has locked her away in a tower somewhere in the north.
2. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
(a) They tell Sancho that he has a lot to learn about braying.
(b) They make Sancho their mayor.
(c) They give Sancho the braying trophy.
(d) They think he is mocking them and they stone Sancho and Don Quixote.
3. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
(a) He has not actually been knighted.
(b) He is actually a woman.
(c) He is another unreal enchantment.
(d) He is actually Sampson.
4. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(b) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
(c) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
(d) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
5. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
(b) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
(c) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
(d) A group of soldiers on military training
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cervantes plan to see that no further writing is done regarding Don Quixote de La Mancha?
2. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
3. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
4. After the stoning, Sancho Panza makes what demand on Don Quixote?
5. What is the dilemma of the steward?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)