|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
(a) Don Quixote thinks they are emmisaries from the Lady Dulcinea.
(b) One actor plays a trick that causes Rozinante to throw Don Quixote.
(c) Don Quixote thinks they are the king and his court.
(d) Don Quixote asks them for money to support a knight errant.
2. How does Sancho's common sense come though during the telling of the Countess' story?
(a) He does not believe Don Clavijo could become a metal crocodile.
(b) He suspects the Countess is another of the household maids.
(c) He questions why a Queen would die at the marriage of her daughter.
(d) He says that the idea of turning the princess into a brass monkey is absurd.
3. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He is transformed into a knight errant.
(b) He starts braying like his mule.
(c) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(d) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
4. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Money so that he can return home
(b) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(c) Wine to numb his pain
(d) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
5. What does Quixote do when Sancho must leave to assume his governorship?
(a) He gets angry that he cannot go, too.
(b) He gives him good advice for ruling.
(c) He starts looking for another squire.
(d) He pays Sancho his back wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cervantes plan to see that no further writing is done regarding Don Quixote de La Mancha?
2. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
3. What is the dilemma of the steward?
4. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
5. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)