|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
(a) He uses a pitchfork in place of his lance which has been broken to pieces.
(b) He sees giants walking everywhere in the courtyard of the inn.
(c) He thinks he sees Dulcinea walking in the moonlight around the inn.
(d) He is tricked into being tied by one hand in the barn loft as he stands on the back of Rozinante.
2. What happens as they ride up to meet a Duchess and a Duke?
(a) They knock over the tent where the Duke and Duchess are sitting.
(b) Don Quixote see them as evil rulers.
(c) They make fools of themselves falling off their mounts.
(d) They allow Dapple and Rozinante to eat from the table.
3. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
(b) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
(c) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
(d) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
4. How does Quixote blend knight errantry and sainthood?
(a) He says every true knight dies with the name of God on his lips.
(b) He says knights must also be saintly in behavior.
(c) He says knight errantry is a religion.
(d) He says knights are appointed by God.
5. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
(b) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(c) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(d) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
2. How does Cervantes plan to see that no further writing is done regarding Don Quixote de La Mancha?
3. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
4. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
5. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)