|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
(b) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(c) He starts braying like his mule.
(d) He is transformed into a knight errant.
2. How does Sancho come across as he takes charge of his isle?
(a) He does not seem as pleased as he thought he would be.
(b) He becomes grand and snobbish.
(c) He forgets all his old friends and family.
(d) He starts plotting how to amass great sums of money.
3. What is the point of the Countess of Trifaldi's story?
(a) It is a plan to get Sancho Panza to leave Don Quixote.
(b) It is a story to challenge Quixote to tell a better one.
(c) It is a trick to get Don Quixote to fight the giant Malambruno.
(d) It mocks Don Quixote as being a phony.
4. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
(a) He is actually Sampson.
(b) He is another unreal enchantment.
(c) He is actually a woman.
(d) He has not actually been knighted.
5. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
(b) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
(c) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
(d) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
2. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
3. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
4. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
5. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)