|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(a) Oak trees
(d) Large rocks
2. What is the irony of Sancho's coming into political power?
(a) Suddenly he has no friends which is unusual for a man like Sancho.
(b) Sancho is so accustomed to having Don Quixote tell him what to do, he is unhappy.
(c) Before he could not have rich food because he was poor; now it is because the doctor thinks it is not good for him.
(d) Sancho id becoming the kind of man he has always resented.
3. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
(b) He says that he has never read one of them.
(c) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(d) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
4. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
(a) Sending another heavily veiled girl in to wed Camacho.
(b) Telling Camacho that Quiteria is pregnant with Basilio's child.
(c) Pretending that Basilio has kidnapped Quiteria.
(d) Quiteria marrying Basilio when it appears he is about to die.
5. After the stoning, Sancho Panza makes what demand on Don Quixote?
(a) He demands a security team to keep them from being beaten.
(b) He demands money again after seeing that Don Quixote is a man of means.
(c) He demands a new horse to ride.
(d) He demands to be made a knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a result of Sancho Panza's replying to the ecclesiastic in proverbs?
2. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
3. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
4. When everyone else leaves the table, where does Sancho go?
5. During the visit of the curate and the barber, why is there a commotion outside Don Quixote's door?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)