|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as they ride up to meet a Duchess and a Duke?
(a) They allow Dapple and Rozinante to eat from the table.
(b) They knock over the tent where the Duke and Duchess are sitting.
(c) They make fools of themselves falling off their mounts.
(d) Don Quixote see them as evil rulers.
2. In a scheme to poke fun at Don Quixote and Sancho, who makes an appearance?
(a) The eccliastic dressed as an avenging angel
(b) A milkmaid dressed as the Lady Dulcinea
(c) A cow saddled like a knight's steed
(d) An actor dressed as the Devil
3. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
(a) She thinks he is the most handsome man she ever saw.
(b) She fears being sold into slavery.
(c) Her father wants to marry her off to an old Moor gentleman.
(d) She wants to leave and go to a Christian nation.
4. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
(b) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
(c) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
(d) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
5. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
(b) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(c) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
(d) They are about the same age, height, and build.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
2. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
3. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
4. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
5. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)