|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(b) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(c) Wine to numb his pain
(d) Money so that he can return home
2. How does Sancho's common sense come though during the telling of the Countess' story?
(a) He does not believe Don Clavijo could become a metal crocodile.
(b) He suspects the Countess is another of the household maids.
(c) He questions why a Queen would die at the marriage of her daughter.
(d) He says that the idea of turning the princess into a brass monkey is absurd.
3. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
(a) A cane
(b) A bottle
(c) A teapot
(d) A pillowcase
4. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
(a) The common belief in enchantment
(b) The Knight of the Wood and his squire
(c) The sun and the moon
(d) The closeness of Dapple and Rozinante
5. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
(a) They tell Sancho that he has a lot to learn about braying.
(b) They give Sancho the braying trophy.
(c) They make Sancho their mayor.
(d) They think he is mocking them and they stone Sancho and Don Quixote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in the castle what happens with Quixote and Dona Rodriguez?
2. What does Quixote do when Sancho must leave to assume his governorship?
3. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
4. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
5. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)