|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(b) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(c) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(d) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
2. Back in the castle what happens with Quixote and Dona Rodriguez?
(a) He begins to think she is not a bad person after all.
(b) The lights go out and they are slapped and pinched in the darkness.
(c) She brings many distasteful things for him to eat.
(d) Quixote keeps his head under the sheets so the Dona will not see his wounds.
3. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
(a) He sees giants walking everywhere in the courtyard of the inn.
(b) He thinks he sees Dulcinea walking in the moonlight around the inn.
(c) He is tricked into being tied by one hand in the barn loft as he stands on the back of Rozinante.
(d) He uses a pitchfork in place of his lance which has been broken to pieces.
4. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(b) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(c) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
(d) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
5. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
(a) The barber from La Mancha
(b) The innkeeper
(d) The curate
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
2. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
3. What do Don Quixote and the Duke do that involves the Duenna?
4. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
5. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)