|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
(a) Without armor
(b) Very old
(c) In poverty
(d) In love
2. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(b) Wine to numb his pain
(c) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(d) Money so that he can return home
3. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
(b) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
(c) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
(d) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
4. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
(a) The Knight of the Wood and his squire
(b) The common belief in enchantment
(c) The sun and the moon
(d) The closeness of Dapple and Rozinante
5. What happens when Don Quixote, moved by Eugenio's tale, volunteers to rescue his love and restore her to him?
(a) Eugenio falls at his feet with tears in his eyes.
(b) They fight when Eugenio suggests that Don Quixote is out of his mind.
(c) Eugenio says it is too late because Leandra is dead.
(d) Eugenio begs to go with Don Quixote to rescue Leandra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
2. What is the plan to transport Don Quixote back to La Mancha?
3. How does the man with the ape know the names of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza?
4. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
5. What is Cervantes' complaint in the prologue to the second part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)