|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
(a) He thinks he sees Dulcinea walking in the moonlight around the inn.
(b) He sees giants walking everywhere in the courtyard of the inn.
(c) He uses a pitchfork in place of his lance which has been broken to pieces.
(d) He is tricked into being tied by one hand in the barn loft as he stands on the back of Rozinante.
2. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They think there are many men attacking them.
(b) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(c) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(d) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
3. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
(a) An affair with a farmer's daughter he promised to marry
(b) That some girl's father is trying to kill him.
(c) Many sexual experiences with poor girls in his village
(d) An illegitimate child by a farmer's daughter
4. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
(a) They manage to rob the cruel Moor who is their master.
(b) She gives them enough money to ransom themselves and buy a boat.
(c) They are freed in a raid by spanish troops.
(d) Zoraida's father learns of her desire to go to a Christian country and helps them.
5. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame the curate.
(b) They blame the rats.
(c) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
(d) They blame an enchanter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
2. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
3. How does Cervantes plan to see that no further writing is done regarding Don Quixote de La Mancha?
4. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
5. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)