|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
(a) Don Quixote seems ready to accept Sampson as his squire.
(b) The curate promises to pay Sancho to go with him as a protection.
(c) He realizes that Don Quixote is penniless and cannot pay.
(d) He thinks about the isle he will one day reign over.
2. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(b) Wine to numb his pain
(c) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(d) Money so that he can return home
3. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
(a) They make Sancho their mayor.
(b) They think he is mocking them and they stone Sancho and Don Quixote.
(c) They tell Sancho that he has a lot to learn about braying.
(d) They give Sancho the braying trophy.
4. During the visit of the curate and the barber, why is there a commotion outside Don Quixote's door?
(a) The innkeeper has come to try and collect his money.
(b) The women are trying to prevent Sancho Panza from entering.
(c) The village people have come, uspet about the latest book.
(d) Don Quixote's horse has come into the house.
5. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
(a) Dapple throws the actor on his back and returns to Sancho Panza.
(b) Dapple falls in love with a horse that is pulling the actors' wagon.
(c) Once again, Sancho Panza is forced to walk.
(d) Don Quixote will do nothing because they are common people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plot does the Duchess hatch against Sancho?
2. What is the significance of Ricote in the the story?
3. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
4. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
5. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)