|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(b) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
(c) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(d) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
2. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
(a) The barber
(c) Sancho Panza
3. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(b) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(c) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(d) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
4. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
(b) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
(c) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(d) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
5. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They are about the same age, height, and build.
(b) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
(c) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(d) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
2. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
3. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
4. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
5. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)