|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
(b) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(c) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
(d) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
2. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(b) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(c) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(d) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
3. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Wine to numb his pain
(b) Money so that he can return home
(c) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(d) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
4. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
(a) Back in La Mancha
(b) The Sierra Morena mountains
(c) The fulling mills
(d) The inn where they stayed before
5. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) Sancho had it coming to him.
(b) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(c) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(d) The castle is enchanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
2. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
3. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
4. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
5. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)