|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Money so that he can return home
(b) Wine to numb his pain
(c) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(d) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
2. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
(b) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
(c) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(d) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
3. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
(a) A bottle
(b) A cane
(c) A teapot
(d) A pillowcase
4. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
(b) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(c) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(d) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
5. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
(a) Now no one wants to hire him because they say he has a knight protecting him.
(b) Everyone laughs at him because he cannot defend himself.
(c) He doesn't want to be any further indebted to the knight errant.
(d) He is punished even worse after Don Quixote rides away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
2. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
3. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
4. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
5. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)