|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Robin and Marian
(b) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(c) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(d) The tale of two cities
2. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(b) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(c) They think there are many men attacking them.
(d) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
3. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(b) The inn catches on fire.
(c) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(d) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
4. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
(b) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
(c) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(d) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
5. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(b) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(c) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
(d) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
2. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
3. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
4. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
5. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)