|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
(a) She wants to leave and go to a Christian nation.
(b) Her father wants to marry her off to an old Moor gentleman.
(c) She fears being sold into slavery.
(d) She thinks he is the most handsome man she ever saw.
2. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
(b) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
(c) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
(d) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
3. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(b) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(c) The tale of Robin and Marian
(d) The tale of two cities
4. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
(a) Everyone laughs at him because he cannot defend himself.
(b) He is punished even worse after Don Quixote rides away.
(c) Now no one wants to hire him because they say he has a knight protecting him.
(d) He doesn't want to be any further indebted to the knight errant.
5. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
(a) The barber
(b) Sancho Panza
Short Answer Questions
1. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
2. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
3. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
4. What secret does Don Fernando confide to Cardenio?
5. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)