|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
(b) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(c) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(d) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
2. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) The castle is enchanted.
(b) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(c) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(d) Sancho had it coming to him.
3. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
(a) Zoraida's father learns of her desire to go to a Christian country and helps them.
(b) They manage to rob the cruel Moor who is their master.
(c) They are freed in a raid by spanish troops.
(d) She gives them enough money to ransom themselves and buy a boat.
4. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
(a) Oak trees
(c) Large rocks
5. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(b) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(c) The inn catches on fire.
(d) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
2. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
3. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
4. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
5. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)