|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
(b) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
(c) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
(d) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
2. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A tea kettle
(b) A brass barber's bowl
(c) A gravy boat
(d) A mop bucket
3. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
(b) A group of soldiers on military training
(c) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
(d) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
4. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His vast collection of books
(b) The cheap wine he has been drinking
(c) His extreme old age
(d) His poor diet
5. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
(b) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
(c) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
(d) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
2. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
3. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
4. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
5. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)