|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame the rats.
(b) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
(c) They blame an enchanter.
(d) They blame the curate.
2. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They are about the same age, height, and build.
(b) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(c) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
(d) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
3. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
(a) He is tricked into being tied by one hand in the barn loft as he stands on the back of Rozinante.
(b) He thinks he sees Dulcinea walking in the moonlight around the inn.
(c) He sees giants walking everywhere in the courtyard of the inn.
(d) He uses a pitchfork in place of his lance which has been broken to pieces.
4. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
(b) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
(c) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
(d) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
5. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(b) They think there are many men attacking them.
(c) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(d) They cannot see well in the darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
2. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
3. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
4. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
5. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)