|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(b) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(c) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(d) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
2. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
(b) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
(c) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(d) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
3. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They think there are many men attacking them.
(b) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(c) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(d) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
4. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
(b) He starts braying like his mule.
(c) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(d) He is transformed into a knight errant.
5. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
(a) She wants to leave and go to a Christian nation.
(b) Her father wants to marry her off to an old Moor gentleman.
(c) She fears being sold into slavery.
(d) She thinks he is the most handsome man she ever saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
2. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
3. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
4. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
5. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)