|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
(a) A pillowcase
(b) A bottle
(c) A teapot
(d) A cane
2. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
(b) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
(c) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
(d) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
3. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(b) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(c) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(d) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
4. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
(b) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
(c) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(d) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
5. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
(b) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
(c) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
(d) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
2. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
3. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
4. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
5. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)