|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His vast collection of books
(b) His poor diet
(c) His extreme old age
(d) The cheap wine he has been drinking
2. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
(a) A teapot
(b) A cane
(c) A pillowcase
(d) A bottle
3. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
(a) She gives them enough money to ransom themselves and buy a boat.
(b) Zoraida's father learns of her desire to go to a Christian country and helps them.
(c) They manage to rob the cruel Moor who is their master.
(d) They are freed in a raid by spanish troops.
4. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
(a) The Sierra Morena mountains
(b) The inn where they stayed before
(c) The fulling mills
(d) Back in La Mancha
5. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(b) Money so that he can return home
(c) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(d) Wine to numb his pain
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
2. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
3. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
4. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
5. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)