|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Robin and Marian
(b) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(c) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(d) The tale of two cities
2. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(b) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
(c) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(d) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
3. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A gravy boat
(b) A tea kettle
(c) A mop bucket
(d) A brass barber's bowl
4. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Money so that he can return home
(b) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(c) Wine to numb his pain
(d) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
5. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He starts braying like his mule.
(b) He is transformed into a knight errant.
(c) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(d) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
2. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
3. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
4. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
5. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)