|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
(a) The inn where they stayed before
(b) Back in La Mancha
(c) The Sierra Morena mountains
(d) The fulling mills
2. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
(b) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
(c) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(d) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
3. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
(b) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
(c) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(d) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
4. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His vast collection of books
(b) His extreme old age
(c) The cheap wine he has been drinking
(d) His poor diet
5. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(b) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(c) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
(d) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
2. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
3. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
4. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
5. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)