|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
(a) They blame an enchanter.
(b) They make Don Quixote believe he gave them away.
(c) They blame the curate.
(d) They blame the rats.
2. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
(a) A bottle
(b) A pillowcase
(c) A cane
(d) A teapot
3. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(b) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(c) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(d) They think there are many men attacking them.
4. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
(b) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
(c) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
(d) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
5. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(b) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(c) Wine to numb his pain
(d) Money so that he can return home
Short Answer Questions
1. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
2. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
3. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
4. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
5. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)