|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
(a) His extreme old age
(b) His poor diet
(c) The cheap wine he has been drinking
(d) His vast collection of books
2. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
(b) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(c) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(d) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
3. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
(b) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
(c) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
(d) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
4. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
(a) He doesn't want to be any further indebted to the knight errant.
(b) Everyone laughs at him because he cannot defend himself.
(c) He is punished even worse after Don Quixote rides away.
(d) Now no one wants to hire him because they say he has a knight protecting him.
5. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(b) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(c) The inn catches on fire.
(d) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
2. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
3. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
4. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
5. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)