|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
(b) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
(c) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
(d) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
2. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(b) The inn catches on fire.
(c) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(d) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
3. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(b) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(c) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(d) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
4. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
(b) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
(c) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(d) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
5. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
(b) They are about the same age, height, and build.
(c) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(d) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
2. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
3. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
4. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
5. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)