|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) The sound of many horses
(b) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(c) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(d) A drum beating in the distance
2. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
(a) A teapot
(b) A bottle
(c) A pillowcase
(d) A cane
3. What is the story of the mule driver with the beautiful voice?
(a) He is one of the escaped criminals the king is looking for.
(b) He is the son of a wealthy man who is in love with the judge's daughter.
(c) He is a prince who has fallen in love with a commoner.
(d) He is a poor poy who is pining away for love of clara.
4. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
(a) Everyone laughs at him because he cannot defend himself.
(b) He is punished even worse after Don Quixote rides away.
(c) Now no one wants to hire him because they say he has a knight protecting him.
(d) He doesn't want to be any further indebted to the knight errant.
5. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(b) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(c) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(d) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
2. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
3. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
4. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
5. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)