|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
(a) She wants to leave and go to a Christian nation.
(b) She fears being sold into slavery.
(c) She thinks he is the most handsome man she ever saw.
(d) Her father wants to marry her off to an old Moor gentleman.
2. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(b) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(c) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(d) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
3. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(b) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(c) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(d) The inn catches on fire.
4. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
(a) A group of soldiers on military training
(b) A group of Christians captured by the Moors
(c) A group of actors rehearsing for a play
(d) A group of criminals being taken to the galleys
5. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(b) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
(c) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(d) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
2. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
3. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
4. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
5. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)