|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
(b) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
(c) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
(d) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
2. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
(a) They manage to rob the cruel Moor who is their master.
(b) She gives them enough money to ransom themselves and buy a boat.
(c) Zoraida's father learns of her desire to go to a Christian country and helps them.
(d) They are freed in a raid by spanish troops.
3. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(b) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
(c) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
(d) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
4. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(b) A drum beating in the distance
(c) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(d) The sound of many horses
5. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(b) They think there are many men attacking them.
(c) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(d) They cannot see well in the darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
2. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
3. What common object becomes the means of correspondence with the Captive Captain?
4. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
5. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)