|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zoraida attempt to correspond with the Captive Captain?
(a) She fears being sold into slavery.
(b) Her father wants to marry her off to an old Moor gentleman.
(c) She wants to leave and go to a Christian nation.
(d) She thinks he is the most handsome man she ever saw.
2. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
(b) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
(c) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(d) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
3. Found lying on the ground and severely wounded, where is Don Quixote taken by a neighbor?
(a) To the village where everyone can see him and make fun of him.
(b) To the local magistrate who will examine Don Quixote's mental ability.
(c) To his door just as the curate and barber arrive with his niece and housekeeper.
(d) To an inn where he thinks he is in a castle.
4. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(b) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(c) The inn catches on fire.
(d) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
5. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
(a) He uses a pitchfork in place of his lance which has been broken to pieces.
(b) He is tricked into being tied by one hand in the barn loft as he stands on the back of Rozinante.
(c) He thinks he sees Dulcinea walking in the moonlight around the inn.
(d) He sees giants walking everywhere in the courtyard of the inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
2. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
3. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
4. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
5. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)