|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Realizing their mistake, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza go to hide only to meet up again with Gines de Pasamonte who steals Sancho's ass?
(a) The Sierra Morena mountains
(b) The fulling mills
(c) The inn where they stayed before
(d) Back in La Mancha
2. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
(a) He doesn't want to be any further indebted to the knight errant.
(b) Now no one wants to hire him because they say he has a knight protecting him.
(c) He is punished even worse after Don Quixote rides away.
(d) Everyone laughs at him because he cannot defend himself.
3. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(b) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(c) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(d) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
4. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
(b) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
(c) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
(d) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
5. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
(b) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(c) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
(d) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
2. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
3. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
4. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
5. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)