|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(b) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(c) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(d) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
2. What literary device is introduced in Chapter nine that helps move the story along and give it credence?
(a) A sage is found to travel with Don Quixote and write down his adventures.
(b) Lengthy poetic renditions are added to give the story more authenticity.
(c) A narrator is introduced who discovers an old manuscript about Don Quixote.
(d) A parallel is drawn between Don Quixote and King Arthur.
3. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(b) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
(c) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(d) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
4. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(b) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(c) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(d) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
5. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He starts braying like his mule.
(b) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(c) He is transformed into a knight errant.
(d) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
Short Answer Questions
1. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
2. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
3. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
4. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
5. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)