|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(b) The inn catches on fire.
(c) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(d) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
2. How do they manage to escape the Moorish land and take Zoraida with them?
(a) They are freed in a raid by spanish troops.
(b) She gives them enough money to ransom themselves and buy a boat.
(c) Zoraida's father learns of her desire to go to a Christian country and helps them.
(d) They manage to rob the cruel Moor who is their master.
3. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(b) The tale of two cities
(c) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(d) The tale of Robin and Marian
4. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
(a) A brass barber's bowl
(b) A tea kettle
(c) A mop bucket
(d) A gravy boat
5. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Money so that he can return home
(b) Wine to numb his pain
(c) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(d) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
Short Answer Questions
1. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
2. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
3. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
4. How do the niece and housekeeper rationalize the disappearance of Don Quixote's books?
5. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)