|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(b) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(c) The castle is enchanted.
(d) Sancho had it coming to him.
2. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(b) They think there are many men attacking them.
(c) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(d) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
3. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
(a) A metallic clanking and the sound of running water
(b) A ghostly moan over the sound of water
(c) A drum beating in the distance
(d) The sound of many horses
4. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
(a) He is punished even worse after Don Quixote rides away.
(b) Now no one wants to hire him because they say he has a knight protecting him.
(c) He doesn't want to be any further indebted to the knight errant.
(d) Everyone laughs at him because he cannot defend himself.
5. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
(a) The judge is looking for some escaped criminals.
(b) The Captive Captain recognizes the judge as his brother.
(c) The girl turns out to be Zoraida's long lost sister.
(d) The judge has come to take Don Quixote back to La Mancha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unlikely group of men does Don Quixote set free and enjoin them to go tell Dulcinea of their release?
2. When Don Quixote sets out again on adventures, who does he take with him?
3. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
4. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
5. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)