Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 51 | Part 2, Chapter 52 | Part 2, Chapter 53 | Part 2, Chapter 54.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the curate and the barber try to avoid when they go to visit Quixote at home?
(a) Talking about knight errantry
(b) Reminding Quixote about his knightly obligations
(c) Asking about Dulcinea
(d) Talking about Sancho Panza
2. What is Cervantes' complaint in the prologue to the second part of The Adventures of Don Quixote?
(a) That some writer had written a second part plagirizing the character of Don Quixote.
(b) That he is being forced to write a second part to satisfy royalty.
(c) That the first part is really enough except for the public demand for more.
(d) That he has made no money off of the first part already in circulation.
3. What happens when Sancho Panza brays for the town that brays?
(a) They tell Sancho that he has a lot to learn about braying.
(b) They make Sancho their mayor.
(c) They give Sancho the braying trophy.
(d) They think he is mocking them and they stone Sancho and Don Quixote.
4. How does Don Quixote interpret the penitents and their effigy of the Virgin?
(a) He sees them as criminals who have kidnapped a Lady.
(b) He sees them as holy men on the way to Jerusalem.
(c) He thinks they are ghosts.
(d) He thinks they have come to set him free of enchantment.
5. Back in the castle what happens with Quixote and Dona Rodriguez?
(a) Quixote keeps his head under the sheets so the Dona will not see his wounds.
(b) The lights go out and they are slapped and pinched in the darkness.
(c) She brings many distasteful things for him to eat.
(d) He begins to think she is not a bad person after all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of Ricote in the the story?
2. How does Cervantes plan to see that no further writing is done regarding Don Quixote de La Mancha?
3. In reality, what are the thirty or forty hulking giants Don Quixote attacks only to get seriously injured again?
4. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
5. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)