Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 40 | Part 1, Chapter 41 | Part 1, Chapter 42 | Part 1, Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sancho trick Don Quixote into waiting until morning to investigate the clanking sound?
(a) He loosens Quixote's saddles so it falls off.
(b) He ties Rocinante's back legs together.
(c) He puts a sleeping powder into Don Quixote's wine.
(d) He points Rocinante in the wrong direction.
2. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They think there are many men attacking them.
(b) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(c) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(d) They cannot see well in the darkness.
3. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(b) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(c) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
(d) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
4. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) The castle is enchanted.
(b) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(c) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(d) Sancho had it coming to him.
5. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
(a) Everyone laughs at him because he cannot defend himself.
(b) He is punished even worse after Don Quixote rides away.
(c) He doesn't want to be any further indebted to the knight errant.
(d) Now no one wants to hire him because they say he has a knight protecting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Quixote believe he has been enchanted in the night as he guards the inn?
2. As Don Quixote and Sancho Panza look for water in the night, what spooks them?
3. The niece, the housekeeper, the curate and the barber all agree on what as the cause of Don Quixote's madness?
4. What does Don Quixote imagine to be the legendary helmet of Mambrino?
5. In yet another coincidence, what happens when a learned judge arrives at the inn with his beautiful daughter?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)