|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
(a) The cathedral at Madrid
(b) The cave of Montesinos
(c) The enchanted castle
(d) Back to La Mancha
2. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
(b) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(c) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
(d) They are about the same age, height, and build.
3. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
(a) He touches them and they feel like human bodies.
(b) He overhears them speaking in his native tongue.
(c) He sees that they leave footprints when they walk.
(d) He does not believe in demons.
4. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
(b) The barber from La Mancha
(c) The curate
(d) The innkeeper
5. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(b) The castle is enchanted.
(c) Sancho had it coming to him.
(d) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
2. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
3. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
4. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
5. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)