|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Quixote blend knight errantry and sainthood?
(a) He says knights must also be saintly in behavior.
(b) He says knight errantry is a religion.
(c) He says knights are appointed by God.
(d) He says every true knight dies with the name of God on his lips.
2. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
(b) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
(c) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
(d) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
3. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
(a) Don Quixote seems ready to accept Sampson as his squire.
(b) The curate promises to pay Sancho to go with him as a protection.
(c) He thinks about the isle he will one day reign over.
(d) He realizes that Don Quixote is penniless and cannot pay.
4. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(b) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(c) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(d) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
5. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(b) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(c) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(d) They think there are many men attacking them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
2. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
3. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
4. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
5. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)