|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
(a) He overhears them speaking in his native tongue.
(b) He sees that they leave footprints when they walk.
(c) He touches them and they feel like human bodies.
(d) He does not believe in demons.
2. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
(a) His rambling on and on without a point
(b) His use of homespun proverbs
(c) His butting in to Quixote's conversations
(d) His affected speech
3. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) Sancho had it coming to him.
(b) The castle is enchanted.
(c) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(d) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
4. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
(b) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
(c) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
(d) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
5. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
(a) The curate
(c) The innkeeper
(d) The barber from La Mancha
Short Answer Questions
1. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
2. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
3. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
4. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
5. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)