|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
(a) He overhears them speaking in his native tongue.
(b) He touches them and they feel like human bodies.
(c) He sees that they leave footprints when they walk.
(d) He does not believe in demons.
2. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
(b) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(c) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(d) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
3. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(b) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(c) The castle is enchanted.
(d) Sancho had it coming to him.
4. What is the plan to transport Don Quixote back to La Mancha?
(a) He is taken prisoner by the king's horsemen.
(b) He is ited to the back of his horse and led to La Mancha.
(c) He is held in a makeshift cage on back of an oxcart.
(d) He is tricked into leading them to La Mancha because Dulcinea has come there.
5. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
(a) Now no one wants to hire him because they say he has a knight protecting him.
(b) Everyone laughs at him because he cannot defend himself.
(c) He doesn't want to be any further indebted to the knight errant.
(d) He is punished even worse after Don Quixote rides away.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their next adventure, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza head first?
2. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
3. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
4. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
5. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)