|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
(b) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
(c) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
(d) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
2. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
(b) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
(c) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(d) They are about the same age, height, and build.
3. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
(a) Neither of them has ever seen Dulcinea and they do not know where to find her.
(b) Dulcinea has traveled to Madrid to visit the Queen.
(c) The priest at the church thinks they are up to no good and refuses to tell them where to find Dulcinea.
(d) Dulcinea is in the village selling wheat but they do not recognize her.
4. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
(a) The wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich
(b) The local fair and festival
(c) The sports games of the county
(d) A duel between Camacho and Basilio, a former lover of Quiteria
5. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
(a) Don Quixote seems ready to accept Sampson as his squire.
(b) He realizes that Don Quixote is penniless and cannot pay.
(c) He thinks about the isle he will one day reign over.
(d) The curate promises to pay Sancho to go with him as a protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
2. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
3. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
4. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
5. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)