|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
(a) He helps Quiteria escape.
(b) He avenges the peasants.
(c) He teaches the students about knighthood.
(d) He champions Basilio.
2. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(b) He says that he has never read one of them.
(c) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
(d) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
3. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Wine to numb his pain
(b) Money so that he can return home
(c) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(d) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
4. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
(a) Don Quixote who is wanted by the king.
(b) Don Luis, the boy who is following Clara.
(c) The Captive Captain who had a bounty on his head.
(d) Sancho Panza who has not paid his taxes to the crown.
5. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
(a) His butting in to Quixote's conversations
(b) His use of homespun proverbs
(c) His affected speech
(d) His rambling on and on without a point
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
2. How does Quixote blend knight errantry and sainthood?
3. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
4. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
5. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)