|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
(b) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(c) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(d) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
2. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(b) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(c) The tale of Robin and Marian
(d) The tale of two cities
3. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
(a) He fires him and starts looking for a replacement.
(b) He pays him with enchanted money that Sancho cannot see.
(c) He says he never read anything like that in his books about knight errantry.
(d) He turns it around and gets Sancho to pay him a monthly wage.
4. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
(a) He says that the Lady Dulcinea's father has locked her away in a tower somewhere in the north.
(b) He tells Quixote that Dulcinea has been enchanted and will only be seen as a peasant girl.
(c) He tells Quixote that the Lady Dulcinea has left the village and gone to the inn to look for him.
(d) He says that the Lady Dulcinea is currently in a convent preparing for her marriage to Quixote.
5. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(b) The inn catches on fire.
(c) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(d) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
2. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
3. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
4. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
5. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)