|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
(a) The cave of Montesinos
(b) Back to La Mancha
(c) The cathedral at Madrid
(d) The enchanted castle
2. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(b) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
(c) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
(d) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
3. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
(a) His rambling on and on without a point
(b) His use of homespun proverbs
(c) His affected speech
(d) His butting in to Quixote's conversations
4. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(b) They are about the same age, height, and build.
(c) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
(d) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
5. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
(b) The castle is enchanted.
(c) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(d) Sancho had it coming to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
2. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
3. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
4. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
5. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)