|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(b) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(c) They think there are many men attacking them.
(d) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
2. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
(a) He champions Basilio.
(b) He avenges the peasants.
(c) He helps Quiteria escape.
(d) He teaches the students about knighthood.
3. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He says that he has never read one of them.
(b) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
(c) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
(d) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
4. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
(a) He thinks about the isle he will one day reign over.
(b) Don Quixote seems ready to accept Sampson as his squire.
(c) He realizes that Don Quixote is penniless and cannot pay.
(d) The curate promises to pay Sancho to go with him as a protection.
5. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
(a) Telling Camacho that Quiteria is pregnant with Basilio's child.
(b) Pretending that Basilio has kidnapped Quiteria.
(c) Quiteria marrying Basilio when it appears he is about to die.
(d) Sending another heavily veiled girl in to wed Camacho.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
2. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
3. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
4. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
5. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)