|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
(a) Neither of them has ever seen Dulcinea and they do not know where to find her.
(b) The priest at the church thinks they are up to no good and refuses to tell them where to find Dulcinea.
(c) Dulcinea is in the village selling wheat but they do not recognize her.
(d) Dulcinea has traveled to Madrid to visit the Queen.
2. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
(a) He spits it out because it tastes so disgusting.
(b) He starts braying like his mule.
(c) He is transformed into a knight errant.
(d) He becomes deathly ill and cannot expel the substance.
3. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
(a) He sees that they leave footprints when they walk.
(b) He overhears them speaking in his native tongue.
(c) He touches them and they feel like human bodies.
(d) He does not believe in demons.
4. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
(b) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
(c) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(d) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
5. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
(a) The castle is enchanted.
(b) Sancho had it coming to him.
(c) They had fun with Sancho because they could not do that to a knight errant.
(d) Sancho allowed it to happen so Don Quixote could escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
2. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
3. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
4. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
5. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)