|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(b) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
(c) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(d) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
2. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
(a) The priest at the church thinks they are up to no good and refuses to tell them where to find Dulcinea.
(b) Neither of them has ever seen Dulcinea and they do not know where to find her.
(c) Dulcinea has traveled to Madrid to visit the Queen.
(d) Dulcinea is in the village selling wheat but they do not recognize her.
3. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Wine to numb his pain
(b) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(c) Money so that he can return home
(d) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
4. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
(a) He touches them and they feel like human bodies.
(b) He overhears them speaking in his native tongue.
(c) He does not believe in demons.
(d) He sees that they leave footprints when they walk.
5. What is the story within the story that is found at the inn?
(a) The tale of Robin and Marian
(b) The tale of Lancelot and Guinevere
(c) The tale of Anselmo and Lothario
(d) The tale of two cities
Short Answer Questions
1. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
2. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
3. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
4. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
5. How does Quixote blend knight errantry and sainthood?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)