|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
(b) He says that he has never read one of them.
(c) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(d) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
2. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
(a) The enchanted castle
(b) The cathedral at Madrid
(c) Back to La Mancha
(d) The cave of Montesinos
3. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
(a) He says he never read anything like that in his books about knight errantry.
(b) He pays him with enchanted money that Sancho cannot see.
(c) He fires him and starts looking for a replacement.
(d) He turns it around and gets Sancho to pay him a monthly wage.
4. What stops the melee at the inn in the middle of the night?
(a) An officer of the Holy Brotherhood believes that Don Quixote is dead.
(b) The police arrive and break up the fighting.
(c) Don Quixote's bed falls through the floor into the room below.
(d) The inn catches on fire.
5. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
(a) Don Quixote who is wanted by the king.
(b) Don Luis, the boy who is following Clara.
(c) The Captive Captain who had a bounty on his head.
(d) Sancho Panza who has not paid his taxes to the crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
2. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
3. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
4. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
5. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)