|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
(a) He touches them and they feel like human bodies.
(b) He overhears them speaking in his native tongue.
(c) He sees that they leave footprints when they walk.
(d) He does not believe in demons.
2. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
(a) The enchanted castle
(b) The cathedral at Madrid
(c) The cave of Montesinos
(d) Back to La Mancha
3. What characteristic do Quixote and the innkeeper share as observed by Dorothea and Cardenio?
(a) They are both fond of money and use tricks to get it.
(b) They are about the same age, height, and build.
(c) They both love the books of chivalry and believe them to be true.
(d) They both love fighting with uneducated people.
4. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
(a) His butting in to Quixote's conversations
(b) His use of homespun proverbs
(c) His rambling on and on without a point
(d) His affected speech
5. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(b) They think there are many men attacking them.
(c) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(d) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
2. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
3. On their next adventure, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza head first?
4. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
5. How does Quixote blend knight errantry and sainthood?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)