|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(b) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(c) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(d) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
2. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
(a) Don Quixote finds the mule in the castle stables.
(b) Gines de Pasamonte rides up disguised as a gypsy but Sancho Panza recognizes him.
(c) Don Quixote offers a large reward for the mule.
(d) The mule has bucked off its captor and headed back to La Mancha.
3. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
(a) Don Quixote pays the man for the helmet and the packsaddle.
(b) Don Quixote challenges the porr barber to a duel.
(c) Don Quixote is convinced the basin is a basin.
(d) Don Quixote insists that the basin is the helmet of Mambrino.
4. Why does Sancho Panza doubt that the enchanted demons are real?
(a) He sees that they leave footprints when they walk.
(b) He touches them and they feel like human bodies.
(c) He does not believe in demons.
(d) He overhears them speaking in his native tongue.
5. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He says that he has never read one of them.
(b) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
(c) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(d) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
2. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
3. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
4. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
5. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)