|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
(a) He thinks about the isle he will one day reign over.
(b) Don Quixote seems ready to accept Sampson as his squire.
(c) The curate promises to pay Sancho to go with him as a protection.
(d) He realizes that Don Quixote is penniless and cannot pay.
2. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
(a) Don Quixote who is wanted by the king.
(b) Don Luis, the boy who is following Clara.
(c) Sancho Panza who has not paid his taxes to the crown.
(d) The Captive Captain who had a bounty on his head.
3. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
(a) He turns it around and gets Sancho to pay him a monthly wage.
(b) He pays him with enchanted money that Sancho cannot see.
(c) He says he never read anything like that in his books about knight errantry.
(d) He fires him and starts looking for a replacement.
4. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
(a) Pretending that Basilio has kidnapped Quiteria.
(b) Telling Camacho that Quiteria is pregnant with Basilio's child.
(c) Sending another heavily veiled girl in to wed Camacho.
(d) Quiteria marrying Basilio when it appears he is about to die.
5. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
(a) The priest at the church thinks they are up to no good and refuses to tell them where to find Dulcinea.
(b) Dulcinea is in the village selling wheat but they do not recognize her.
(c) Dulcinea has traveled to Madrid to visit the Queen.
(d) Neither of them has ever seen Dulcinea and they do not know where to find her.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their next adventure, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza head first?
2. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
3. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
4. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
5. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)