|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(b) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
(c) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(d) They think there are many men attacking them.
2. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
(a) He says that the so-called books of chivalry are most harmful to the commonwealth.
(b) He thinks they should be read by all educated people.
(c) He hopes they will restore chivalry to the world.
(d) He says that he has never read one of them.
3. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
(a) He pays him with enchanted money that Sancho cannot see.
(b) He says he never read anything like that in his books about knight errantry.
(c) He turns it around and gets Sancho to pay him a monthly wage.
(d) He fires him and starts looking for a replacement.
4. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
(b) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(c) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
(d) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
5. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
(a) That she is the Princess Micomicona of the land of Micomicon whose kingdom has been taken over by a giant by the name of Pandafilando of the Malignant.
(b) That an evil mage has enchanted her kingdom and she cannot return.
(c) That she must marry a giant to regain her lost kingdom.
(d) That a knight errant will destroy her and take over her kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the feast at Camacho's house, where does Don Quixote want to go?
2. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
3. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
4. On their next adventure, where do Don Quixote and Sancho Panza head first?
5. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)