|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delights Sancho at the wedding?
(a) Camacho's vast wealth
(b) The beautiful dancing girls
(c) The fine bed he is given
(d) The acrobats
2. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(b) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(c) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(d) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
3. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
(a) Don Quixote seems ready to accept Sampson as his squire.
(b) He realizes that Don Quixote is penniless and cannot pay.
(c) He thinks about the isle he will one day reign over.
(d) The curate promises to pay Sancho to go with him as a protection.
4. What irritates Don Quixote as he listens to Sancho speak?
(a) His butting in to Quixote's conversations
(b) His rambling on and on without a point
(c) His use of homespun proverbs
(d) His affected speech
5. Why does Lothario think Camilla is being unvirtuous?
(a) He sees her maid's lover leaving the house early one morning.
(b) He thinks she is beginning to respond to him and the poems he writes for her.
(c) He hears that a number of men have been visiting her at home.
(d) He notices that Camilla goes out every afternoon when Anselmo is away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andres, the boy Don Quixote saves from a beating in his early adventures, shows up and tells Quixote never to help him again. Why?
2. What are four horsemen looking for at the inn?
3. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
4. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
5. What is Don Quixote's explanation for the way the people at the inn toss Sancho into the air from a blanket?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)