|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sancho's plan to deceive Don Quixote about the Lady Dulcinea?
(a) He says that the Lady Dulcinea is currently in a convent preparing for her marriage to Quixote.
(b) He tells Quixote that Dulcinea has been enchanted and will only be seen as a peasant girl.
(c) He tells Quixote that the Lady Dulcinea has left the village and gone to the inn to look for him.
(d) He says that the Lady Dulcinea's father has locked her away in a tower somewhere in the north.
2. What happens when the barber shows up and recognizes the packsaddle and the basin he lost to Don Quixote?
(a) Don Quixote insists that the basin is the helmet of Mambrino.
(b) Don Quixote pays the man for the helmet and the packsaddle.
(c) Don Quixote is convinced the basin is a basin.
(d) Don Quixote challenges the porr barber to a duel.
3. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
(a) They cannot see well in the darkness.
(b) They think Don Quixote and Sancho are ghosts.
(c) They think there are many men attacking them.
(d) They are mourners taking a body to Segovia and are unarmed.
4. How does Quixote continue his tradition of siding with the underdog?
(a) He helps Quiteria escape.
(b) He champions Basilio.
(c) He teaches the students about knighthood.
(d) He avenges the peasants.
5. Who judges the basin to be a helmet, though incomplete?
(a) The curate
(b) The barber from La Mancha
(c) The innkeeper
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the plan to transport Don Quixote back to La Mancha?
2. What imaginative tale does Dorothea tell Don Quixote?
3. What ruse do Basilio and Quiteria play on the bridegroom, Camacho?
4. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
5. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)