|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 19 | Part 2, Chapter 20 | Part 2, Chapter 21 | Part 2, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Sancho Panza drop his demand for a salary?
(a) Don Quixote seems ready to accept Sampson as his squire.
(b) He realizes that Don Quixote is penniless and cannot pay.
(c) He thinks about the isle he will one day reign over.
(d) The curate promises to pay Sancho to go with him as a protection.
2. What invitation is given Don Quixote and Sancho when they meet two students and two peasants?
(a) The wedding of Quiteria the Fair to Camacho the Rich
(b) A duel between Camacho and Basilio, a former lover of Quiteria
(c) The local fair and festival
(d) The sports games of the county
3. After the beating by the carriers, what does Sancho request that Don Quixote cannot supply?
(a) Fierabras balm that Quixote had said would cure anything.
(b) Wine to numb his pain
(c) A suit of armor to protect him against future beatings
(d) Money so that he can return home
4. What is the cause of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza getting a brutal beating from the Yanguesan carriers?
(a) Rozinante's attempt to mate with their pirze mares
(b) Don Quixote's attempt to secure two horses for himself and Sancho
(c) Sancho's attempt to get back hos mule
(d) Don Quixote's idea that the carriers are enemy soldiers.
5. When Don Quixote and Sancho go into the village the next morning, what is their problem?
(a) Dulcinea is in the village selling wheat but they do not recognize her.
(b) Neither of them has ever seen Dulcinea and they do not know where to find her.
(c) Dulcinea has traveled to Madrid to visit the Queen.
(d) The priest at the church thinks they are up to no good and refuses to tell them where to find Dulcinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sancho Panza regain Dapple?
2. In the night, Don Quixote attacks what Sancho fears to be twenty or more ghosts. Why is he victorious?
3. What happens to Sancho Panza when he drinks Don Quixote's balm of wine, oil, salt and rosemary?
4. How does Don Quixote get around paying a monthly wage to Sancho Panza?
5. What is the canon's opinion of the chivalric tales?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)