|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
(b) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
(c) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
(d) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
2. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
(a) Anybody can be a governor.
(b) Lions will never sleep with lambs.
(c) I pretend my right hand is paralyzed so I have to use my left hand.
(d) We are all the same when we sleep.
3. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
(a) By a spurned young girl
(b) By cats with bells tied to them
(c) By sparring with the Duke
(d) By falling down the stairs
4. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
(a) They all kiss and make up.
(b) Lothario and Anselmo join the army and Camilla becomes a nun.
(c) They all die.
(d) Anselmo dies and Lothario and Camilla marry.
5. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
(a) Learn how to dress properly
(b) Learn to write and read a little
(c) Send a letter to La Mancha so Teresa will know where he is.
(d) Learn to speak without using proverbs
Short Answer Questions
1. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
2. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
3. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
4. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
5. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)