|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
(a) It should be a baron to take him to such a place.
(b) The Duke and Duchess are not there to see him off.
(c) No one has told him where his governorship is.
(d) The steward is the one who plays the part of Countess Trifaldi.
2. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
(a) The inn's windmill
(b) The pillows on his bed
(c) Pumpkins stacked in a corner
(d) Expensive wineskins filled with wine
3. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
(a) His speech sounds madder than his actions.
(b) His speech is eloquent even though he suffers from madness.
(c) His speech is halting and not at all like that of a noble knight.
(d) He can only speak things he has read in a book.
4. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
(a) That the Princess Micomicona has fallen in love with Don Fernando.
(b) That Dorothea is not Princess Micomicona.
(c) That the Princess Micomicona no longer has a kingdom.
(d) That the curate tells the Princess Micomicona to find another champion.
5. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
(a) Don Quixote thinks they are the king and his court.
(b) One actor plays a trick that causes Rozinante to throw Don Quixote.
(c) Don Quixote thinks they are emmisaries from the Lady Dulcinea.
(d) Don Quixote asks them for money to support a knight errant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
2. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
3. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
4. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
5. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)