|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
(a) That the Princess Micomicona no longer has a kingdom.
(b) That the curate tells the Princess Micomicona to find another champion.
(c) That the Princess Micomicona has fallen in love with Don Fernando.
(d) That Dorothea is not Princess Micomicona.
2. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
(a) He cannot think of any appropriate proverbs.
(b) He makes many bumbling mistakes.
(c) His common sense astonishes everyone.
(d) He tears his new suit.
3. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
(a) He is actually a woman.
(b) He has not actually been knighted.
(c) He is actually Sampson.
(d) He is another unreal enchantment.
4. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
(b) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
(c) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
(d) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
5. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
(a) By sparring with the Duke
(b) By cats with bells tied to them
(c) By a spurned young girl
(d) By falling down the stairs
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
2. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
3. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
4. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
5. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)