|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
(a) He is actually a woman.
(b) He is another unreal enchantment.
(c) He has not actually been knighted.
(d) He is actually Sampson.
2. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
(a) That Dorothea is not Princess Micomicona.
(b) That the Princess Micomicona no longer has a kingdom.
(c) That the Princess Micomicona has fallen in love with Don Fernando.
(d) That the curate tells the Princess Micomicona to find another champion.
3. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
(b) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
(c) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
(d) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
4. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
(a) Lions will never sleep with lambs.
(b) I pretend my right hand is paralyzed so I have to use my left hand.
(c) We are all the same when we sleep.
(d) Anybody can be a governor.
5. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
(a) He rejects being called Don Sancho Panza.
(b) He wears his everyday clothes.
(c) He refuses to sit on a throne.
(d) He talks only to the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
2. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
3. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
4. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
5. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)