|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
(a) A princess running away from a marriage she does not want.
(b) A woman and her children who are about to be sold as slaves.
(c) A group of laves about to be impaled.
(d) A Moorish lady who wishes to be a Christian.
2. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
(b) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
(c) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
(d) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
3. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
(a) By sparring with the Duke
(b) By cats with bells tied to them
(c) By falling down the stairs
(d) By a spurned young girl
4. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
(a) One actor plays a trick that causes Rozinante to throw Don Quixote.
(b) Don Quixote thinks they are the king and his court.
(c) Don Quixote thinks they are emmisaries from the Lady Dulcinea.
(d) Don Quixote asks them for money to support a knight errant.
5. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
(a) He is actually Sampson.
(b) He is another unreal enchantment.
(c) He is actually a woman.
(d) He has not actually been knighted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
2. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
3. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
4. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
5. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)