|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
(a) That the Princess Micomicona has fallen in love with Don Fernando.
(b) That the curate tells the Princess Micomicona to find another champion.
(c) That Dorothea is not Princess Micomicona.
(d) That the Princess Micomicona no longer has a kingdom.
2. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
(a) A group of laves about to be impaled.
(b) A Moorish lady who wishes to be a Christian.
(c) A woman and her children who are about to be sold as slaves.
(d) A princess running away from a marriage she does not want.
3. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
(a) By cats with bells tied to them
(b) By sparring with the Duke
(c) By a spurned young girl
(d) By falling down the stairs
4. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
(a) He rejects being called Don Sancho Panza.
(b) He wears his everyday clothes.
(c) He refuses to sit on a throne.
(d) He talks only to the poor.
5. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
(a) I pretend my right hand is paralyzed so I have to use my left hand.
(b) We are all the same when we sleep.
(c) Anybody can be a governor.
(d) Lions will never sleep with lambs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
2. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
3. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
4. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
5. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)