|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
(a) A group of laves about to be impaled.
(b) A princess running away from a marriage she does not want.
(c) A woman and her children who are about to be sold as slaves.
(d) A Moorish lady who wishes to be a Christian.
2. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
(a) The steward is the one who plays the part of Countess Trifaldi.
(b) The Duke and Duchess are not there to see him off.
(c) It should be a baron to take him to such a place.
(d) No one has told him where his governorship is.
3. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
(a) He cannot think of any appropriate proverbs.
(b) His common sense astonishes everyone.
(c) He makes many bumbling mistakes.
(d) He tears his new suit.
4. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
(a) His speech sounds madder than his actions.
(b) His speech is eloquent even though he suffers from madness.
(c) He can only speak things he has read in a book.
(d) His speech is halting and not at all like that of a noble knight.
5. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
(a) Don Quixote thinks they are emmisaries from the Lady Dulcinea.
(b) Don Quixote asks them for money to support a knight errant.
(c) One actor plays a trick that causes Rozinante to throw Don Quixote.
(d) Don Quixote thinks they are the king and his court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
2. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
3. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
4. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
5. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)