|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
(a) Don Quixote thinks they are the king and his court.
(b) Don Quixote asks them for money to support a knight errant.
(c) One actor plays a trick that causes Rozinante to throw Don Quixote.
(d) Don Quixote thinks they are emmisaries from the Lady Dulcinea.
2. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
(a) Learn how to dress properly
(b) Learn to speak without using proverbs
(c) Learn to write and read a little
(d) Send a letter to La Mancha so Teresa will know where he is.
3. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
(a) He is actually Sampson.
(b) He is another unreal enchantment.
(c) He is actually a woman.
(d) He has not actually been knighted.
4. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
(a) The Knight of the Wood and his squire
(b) The common belief in enchantment
(c) The closeness of Dapple and Rozinante
(d) The sun and the moon
5. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
(a) The pillows on his bed
(b) Pumpkins stacked in a corner
(c) Expensive wineskins filled with wine
(d) The inn's windmill
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
2. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
3. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
4. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
5. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)