|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
(a) He refuses to sit on a throne.
(b) He rejects being called Don Sancho Panza.
(c) He wears his everyday clothes.
(d) He talks only to the poor.
2. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
(a) In love
(b) In poverty
(c) Very old
(d) Without armor
3. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
(a) He makes many bumbling mistakes.
(b) He cannot think of any appropriate proverbs.
(c) He tears his new suit.
(d) His common sense astonishes everyone.
4. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
(a) Dapple throws the actor on his back and returns to Sancho Panza.
(b) Dapple falls in love with a horse that is pulling the actors' wagon.
(c) Once again, Sancho Panza is forced to walk.
(d) Don Quixote will do nothing because they are common people.
5. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
(a) The common belief in enchantment
(b) The Knight of the Wood and his squire
(c) The closeness of Dapple and Rozinante
(d) The sun and the moon
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
2. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
3. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
4. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
5. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)