|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
(a) Learn how to dress properly
(b) Learn to write and read a little
(c) Learn to speak without using proverbs
(d) Send a letter to La Mancha so Teresa will know where he is.
2. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
(a) They want to talk about their crazy masters.
(b) Don Quixote orders them to go away.
(c) The Knight of the Wood is shocked that Sancho speaks up so freely.
(d) The knight's squire is Sancho's cousin.
3. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
(a) Don Quixote thinks they are the king and his court.
(b) Don Quixote asks them for money to support a knight errant.
(c) One actor plays a trick that causes Rozinante to throw Don Quixote.
(d) Don Quixote thinks they are emmisaries from the Lady Dulcinea.
4. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
(a) Expensive wineskins filled with wine
(b) The inn's windmill
(c) The pillows on his bed
(d) Pumpkins stacked in a corner
5. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
(a) A Moorish lady who wishes to be a Christian.
(b) A princess running away from a marriage she does not want.
(c) A woman and her children who are about to be sold as slaves.
(d) A group of laves about to be impaled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
2. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
3. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
4. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
5. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)