|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
(a) The sun and the moon
(b) The common belief in enchantment
(c) The Knight of the Wood and his squire
(d) The closeness of Dapple and Rozinante
2. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
(a) Lions will never sleep with lambs.
(b) We are all the same when we sleep.
(c) Anybody can be a governor.
(d) I pretend my right hand is paralyzed so I have to use my left hand.
3. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
(a) A woman and her children who are about to be sold as slaves.
(b) A group of laves about to be impaled.
(c) A princess running away from a marriage she does not want.
(d) A Moorish lady who wishes to be a Christian.
4. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
(a) The steward is the one who plays the part of Countess Trifaldi.
(b) It should be a baron to take him to such a place.
(c) The Duke and Duchess are not there to see him off.
(d) No one has told him where his governorship is.
5. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
(a) In love
(b) In poverty
(c) Without armor
(d) Very old
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
2. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
3. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
4. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
5. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)