|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
(a) The Knight of the Wood and his squire
(b) The common belief in enchantment
(c) The sun and the moon
(d) The closeness of Dapple and Rozinante
2. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
(a) Don Quixote asks them for money to support a knight errant.
(b) One actor plays a trick that causes Rozinante to throw Don Quixote.
(c) Don Quixote thinks they are emmisaries from the Lady Dulcinea.
(d) Don Quixote thinks they are the king and his court.
3. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
(a) That the Princess Micomicona has fallen in love with Don Fernando.
(b) That the curate tells the Princess Micomicona to find another champion.
(c) That Dorothea is not Princess Micomicona.
(d) That the Princess Micomicona no longer has a kingdom.
4. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
(a) Send a letter to La Mancha so Teresa will know where he is.
(b) Learn how to dress properly
(c) Learn to speak without using proverbs
(d) Learn to write and read a little
5. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
(a) Pumpkins stacked in a corner
(b) The inn's windmill
(c) The pillows on his bed
(d) Expensive wineskins filled with wine
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
2. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
3. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
4. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
5. What observation does Sancho Panza make when the steward comes to take him to his governorship?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)