|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
(a) He tears his new suit.
(b) His common sense astonishes everyone.
(c) He cannot think of any appropriate proverbs.
(d) He makes many bumbling mistakes.
2. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
(a) Dapple falls in love with a horse that is pulling the actors' wagon.
(b) Dapple throws the actor on his back and returns to Sancho Panza.
(c) Don Quixote will do nothing because they are common people.
(d) Once again, Sancho Panza is forced to walk.
3. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
(a) He talks only to the poor.
(b) He wears his everyday clothes.
(c) He refuses to sit on a throne.
(d) He rejects being called Don Sancho Panza.
4. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
(b) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
(c) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
(d) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
5. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
(a) The common belief in enchantment
(b) The closeness of Dapple and Rozinante
(c) The sun and the moon
(d) The Knight of the Wood and his squire
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
2. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
3. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
4. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
5. In yet another tale within the tale, who does the captive captain contrive to rescue?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)