|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
(a) He can only speak things he has read in a book.
(b) His speech is eloquent even though he suffers from madness.
(c) His speech is halting and not at all like that of a noble knight.
(d) His speech sounds madder than his actions.
2. What sage thing does Sancho say that astonishes Don Quixote?
(a) I pretend my right hand is paralyzed so I have to use my left hand.
(b) We are all the same when we sleep.
(c) Lions will never sleep with lambs.
(d) Anybody can be a governor.
3. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
(a) The Knight of the Wood is shocked that Sancho speaks up so freely.
(b) The knight's squire is Sancho's cousin.
(c) Don Quixote orders them to go away.
(d) They want to talk about their crazy masters.
4. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
(a) In love
(b) In poverty
(c) Without armor
(d) Very old
5. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
(a) Anselmo dies and Lothario and Camilla marry.
(b) They all die.
(c) They all kiss and make up.
(d) Lothario and Anselmo join the army and Camilla becomes a nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
2. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
3. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
4. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
5. What happens when Dapple is taken by the actors?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)