|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
(a) He is actually Sampson.
(b) He is actually a woman.
(c) He is another unreal enchantment.
(d) He has not actually been knighted.
2. What does Don Quixote want Sancho to do before he leaves to become a governor?
(a) Learn to speak without using proverbs
(b) Learn to write and read a little
(c) Learn how to dress properly
(d) Send a letter to La Mancha so Teresa will know where he is.
3. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
(a) By a spurned young girl
(b) By cats with bells tied to them
(c) By falling down the stairs
(d) By sparring with the Duke
4. What happens to Camilla, Anselmo, and Lothario at the end of the tale within the tale?
(a) They all kiss and make up.
(b) Lothario and Anselmo join the army and Camilla becomes a nun.
(c) Anselmo dies and Lothario and Camilla marry.
(d) They all die.
5. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
(a) Don Quixote comes to his senses and decides to go home.
(b) Don Fernando is attacked by highwaymen and brought to the inn.
(c) Cardenio finds Lucinda hiding in the stable.
(d) Lucinda and Don Fernando show up at the inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
2. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
3. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
4. What is the giant that Don Quixote attacks in his sleep?
5. Why do Sancho and the squire of the Knight of the Wood go off by themselves?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)