|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 43 | Part 2, Chapter 44 | Part 2, Chapter 45 | Part 2, Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surprise after Don Quixote defeats the Knight of the Wood?
(a) He is actually a woman.
(b) He is actually Sampson.
(c) He has not actually been knighted.
(d) He is another unreal enchantment.
2. How does Sancho show his lack of pretension?
(a) He rejects being called Don Sancho Panza.
(b) He wears his everyday clothes.
(c) He refuses to sit on a throne.
(d) He talks only to the poor.
3. How does Sancho perform as the new governor?
(a) His common sense astonishes everyone.
(b) He tears his new suit.
(c) He cannot think of any appropriate proverbs.
(d) He makes many bumbling mistakes.
4. What symbolism does Cervantes use to express the closeness of Quixote and Sancho?
(a) The common belief in enchantment
(b) The Knight of the Wood and his squire
(c) The sun and the moon
(d) The closeness of Dapple and Rozinante
5. What happens when they meet a troupe of actors riding in a wagon?
(a) Don Quixote asks them for money to support a knight errant.
(b) Don Quixote thinks they are the king and his court.
(c) One actor plays a trick that causes Rozinante to throw Don Quixote.
(d) Don Quixote thinks they are emmisaries from the Lady Dulcinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Quixote tells Sancho that there is no such thing as a knight errant who is not what?
2. What is the irony when Don Quixote speaks to a group of people?
3. How is Don Quixote wounded back in the Duke's and Duchess' castle?
4. What coincidence does Cervantes use to untangle some of the plot in Chapter 36?
5. What secret does Sancho Panza overhear and tell to Don Quixote?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)