|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the big fish who Brasco wanted to get closer to?
2. Who became the acting boss of the Bonanno family while Rusty was in prison?
3. Which FBI agent did Brasco introduce to Lefty on the boating excursion?
4. Who was one of the missing wise guys?
5. Why was the FBI thinking of pulling Brasco out of the operation at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sonny's relationship with Pistone develop?
2. Why was Pistone conflicted when it came time to do the hit on Sonny Red's son, Bruno?
3. Why was Lefty so impressed by Frank Balistrieri's hospitality in Milwaukee?
4. What happened at another Vegas night at King's Court and why does this make Sonny even more determined to get into the drug business?
5. What was the result of all the talks regarding who Pistone belonged to?
6. Explain why the FBI decided to pull Conti out of the operation.
7. Why was the FBI worried when they learned that Sonny was ready to have Pistone made?
8. Why was Pistone worried when Lefty invited him to go on his first hit?
9. Who became boss of the Bonanno family after Carmine Galante was killed?
10. What was the only way that Pistone had to find out about who was killed in the hit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From what you can glean from Pistone's descriptions, create a brief character study of Lefty. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What created the friction between him and Pistone? How did he reconcile with him? What emotional damage was done to the relationship?
Essay Topic 2
From what you can glean from Pistone's descriptions, create a brief character study of Sonny. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What created the close friendship between him and Pistone? Why did Pistone wish that he had met Sonny under different circumstances?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of women in America in the 1970s and 1980s. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have? What belief system about women was evident in how Pistone's wife led her life? Explain.
This section contains 1,383 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)