|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Brasco do with the papers Nicky left behind in a Florida hotel room?
2. Who did Lefty question Brasco about?
3. Who was the son of the man in #127 who had a hit out on him?
4. What promotion did Sonny Black set up at the King's Court?
5. Why did a Cuban banker back out of a drug deal with Lefty and Brasco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who became boss of the Bonanno family after Carmine Galante was killed?
2. Why was Santo Trafficante so important to establishing the King's Court in Florida?
3. Explain why the FBI decided to pull Conti out of the operation.
4. What was Sonny's advice about Pistone's giving Lefty large sums of money and why did Pistone want to get closer to Sonny?
5. What was the result of all the talks regarding who Pistone belonged to?
6. What was the King's Court and why did the FBI fund it?
7. How did Sonny's relationship with Pistone develop?
8. What was "The Left Hand" and how was it used?
9. Why was the FBI concerned when Lefty disappeared in the days after the decision regarding who Pistone belonged with?
10. Why was Lefty so impressed by Frank Balistrieri's hospitality in Milwaukee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does Pistone mean by calling it DONNIE BRASCO? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of justice is an important one in this book. Describe how it extends through setting, characters and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 3
Substance abuse seemed to be an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive was the abuse? Why did it have such a prevalent place in Pistone's life? How did it affect him? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)