|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the son of the man in #127 who had a hit out on him?
2. Sonny once offered to buy a ______________ that Brasco had admired.
3. Sonny and Lefty have fought over _______________.
4. How did the FBI know that Sonny had been killed?
5. What does Brasco find on him when he awakens in the apartment of the man in #104?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Pistone worried when Lefty invited him to go on his first hit?
2. What was the King's Court and why did the FBI fund it?
3. Explain why the FBI decided to pull Conti out of the operation.
4. What were the pros and cons of Pistone's wearing a wire around the mob guys?
5. When Sonny and Mirra were fighting over who had control over Pistone, why was it important to prove whether or not Mirra was a made guy when he introduced Pistone to Lefty?
6. Why was the FBI worried when they learned that Sonny was ready to have Pistone made?
7. Describe the night that Pistone stayed in Sonny's New York apartment.
8. What was the only way that Pistone had to find out about who was killed in the hit?
9. Who became boss of the Bonanno family after Carmine Galante was killed?
10. Why was Pistone angry that the hit with Lefty was ultimately called off?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Lefty. What were his physical characteristics? What were his motivations? What were his fears? What were his dreams? What else can you say about Lefty?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in America in the 1970s and 1980s. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have? What belief system about women was evident in how Pistone's wife led her life? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of struggling with personal identity was an important one in this book. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
This section contains 1,461 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)