|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became the acting boss of the Bonanno family while Rusty was in prison?
2. Mirra started making claims that Brasco was involved in _________________.
3. What promotion did Sonny Black set up at the King's Court?
4. What does Brasco find on him when he awakens in the apartment of the man in #104?
5. Which member of the Bonanno family was killed in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the King's Court and why did the FBI fund it?
2. Why was Lefty so impressed by Frank Balistrieri's hospitality in Milwaukee?
3. Why did Lefty get so mad at Pistone while they were in Milwaukee?
4. Who became boss of the Bonanno family after Carmine Galante was killed?
5. When Sonny and Mirra were fighting over who had control over Pistone, why was it important to prove whether or not Mirra was a made guy when he introduced Pistone to Lefty?
6. What were the pros and cons of Pistone's wearing a wire around the mob guys?
7. Why was Pistone worried when Lefty invited him to go on his first hit?
8. Describe the night that Pistone stayed in Sonny's New York apartment.
9. What was the risk that mobsters ran if they got into the drug business?
10. Why was Pistone angry that the hit with Lefty was ultimately called off?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does Pistone mean by calling it DONNIE BRASCO? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Sonny. What were his physical characteristics? What were his motivations? What were his fears? What were his dreams? What else can you say about Sonny?
Essay Topic 3
Substance abuse seemed to be an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive was the abuse? Why did it have such a prevalent place in Pistone's life? How did it affect him? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)