|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which major award did Pistone receive for his service?
2. What had Brasco still not told his wife in Chapter 8?
3. Who was the undercover agent who worked with Pistone in Florida?
4. The meeting with the man in #34 leads to Brasco's partnership with whom?
5. Who tells Frankie and Patsy to never question Brasco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pistone's activities during the time he spent with Jilly Greca's crew.
2. What was Pistone's identity during the undercover operation?
3. What was the first time that Pistone would go undercover as Donnie Brasco?
4. What were the circumstances in which Pistone was able to get Lefty involved in the vending machine racket in Milwaukee?
5. What did Pistone think was critical about being an undercover agent?
6. What did the FBI have to do to get rid of any trace of Pistone for his safety?
7. What was the double-edged sword for Pistone regarding spending time with his family on the sly?
8. What was critical about Pistone's meeting Tony Mirra?
9. Describe the situation in which Frankie and Patsy questioned Pistone's credibility.
10. What was the irony of Pistone's telling Lefty that he had to leave Milwaukee to go see his girlfriend who had been in a car accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Pistone's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why Pistone used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Sonny. What were his physical characteristics? What were his motivations? What were his fears? What were his dreams? What else can you say about Sonny?
Essay Topic 3
Joe Pistone was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Johnny's life through this book, what were his biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did he manage through them? How did his coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of his life? Explain.
This section contains 1,341 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)