|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the undercover operation in Florida known as?
2. In which city was Pistone's first FBI job?
3. Brasco was glad that Lefty got interested in what business in Milwaukee?
4. Which FBI agent did Brasco go to California to help and who almost blew Brasco's cover in New York?
5. What did Brasco do that his family was not happy about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pistone have a close call with almost being identified when agent Tony Conti came to New York for a job?
2. What were some of the things that Pistone had to do to become Donnie Brasco?
3. How was the decision made regarding who Pistone would work for--Lefty or Mirra?
4. Why did the FBI decide to use Pistone in an undercover Mafia operation?
5. Why was the relationship with Lefty an advantageous one for Pistone?
6. How did Pistone lay the groundwork for breaking into the Mafia and who was the bartender who made Pistone's first introductions to Mafia connections?
7. What is the premise of DONNIE BRASCO?
8. How did Pistone make a guy named Patsy angry regarding a stolen diamond ring?
9. Describe the situation in which Frankie and Patsy questioned Pistone's credibility.
10. Describe how Lefty took Pistone under his wing both professionally and personally.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pistone used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Sonny. What were his physical characteristics? What were his motivations? What were his fears? What were his dreams? What else can you say about Sonny?
Essay Topic 3
Pistone is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,338 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)