|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which crime family did the man in #34 belong?
2. The Chicago Mafia was said to be more violent than the ______________ Mafia.
3. What had Brasco still not told his wife in Chapter 8?
4. What did Pistone (Brasco) reveal to his wife for the first time on this trip home?
5. The Bonannos brought Sicilians to town to _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the deal came about in which Conti was allowed to put his vending machines in the bars in Milwaukee.
2. What was Pistone's identity during the undercover operation?
3. How did Pistone make a guy named Patsy angry regarding a stolen diamond ring?
4. How was the decision made regarding who Pistone would work for--Lefty or Mirra?
5. Describe Pistone's activities during the time he spent with Jilly Greca's crew.
6. What was the impact on Pistone's personal and professional lives due to Pistone's testimony against the mobsters?
7. Describe the situation in which Frankie and Patsy questioned Pistone's credibility.
8. How did Pistone have a close call with almost being identified when agent Tony Conti came to New York for a job?
9. Why did the FBI decide to use Pistone in an undercover Mafia operation?
10. What were some of the things that Pistone had to do to become Donnie Brasco?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From what you can glean from Pistone's descriptions, create a brief character study of Sonny. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What created the close friendship between him and Pistone? Why did Pistone wish that he had met Sonny under different circumstances?
Essay Topic 2
Greed takes on an almost human persona in this book. What was the source of the greed? How pervasive was the greed among the Mafiosi? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Joe Pistone. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were some of his negative characteristics? What were his hopes and fears? What were his primary motivations during his life?
This section contains 1,476 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)